• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ozz, it depends on how many people show up and how many TVs we have. assuming both are high in number. i would say about 4-5 hours for 1vs1 and at 2 or 3 for 2vs2

heytallman

CTALL
Die! :ouch:

KNEE!! KNEE!! KNEE!! KNEE!! (Melee knee :lick:)

:colorful:
Roy, I love how you post on these boards about once a month, and whenever you do, it's always pure nonsense like this....but I love it.

Jake, what time are you coming over tomorrow? Right after school? Because Dave gets off work at seven, so he'll be over after that, but he says that if we're done before that, he just won't come over. So give me a time

thrillho60

Smash Rookie
Hey you Magnolians- where about in Magnolia do you guys live? north/south/east/west of 1488 & 1774? Because I'm only about 20 minutes east of that part of Magnolia. I could have a few people over tomorrow evening for brawl. I was going to offer to drive some folks Sat morning, but it looks like I won't be able to stay for the whole tourney and might not be able to go at all. But I'd still like to have some folks over to practice/ hang out friday night.

Anyone interested can respond on this thread, call me 936-828-1334, or PM me.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Yoh, UPDATE... (Well, not really, more like a reminder.)

I went to PZ today and oh man... It seems they've been doing a bit of advertising for this tourney themselves... And got a huge response, so expect a huge turnout from non-smashboard people there too - which means the pot is going to be huge! This means the original cap has been lifted.

But this also means we need as many set-ups as ya'll can bring! I'll bring a few extra TVs, so some of ya'll bring your Wii/Smash to hook up to them.

Also IMPORTANT: REGISTRATION starts at NOON! Tournament starts at 2 pm.
Planet Zero will NOT open until 11 am - that is the earliest time you can enter.
Go here for the tournament RULES. These are the rules that will be used (plus the BASICS that we all know and love like stage striking and etc). http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=553

One last thing, you can either pay $10 to enter the Brawl tournament - or pay $20 and get a PZ-card (used to play the arcades) worth $20 and they'll pay the $10 registration fee for you (pretty good deal actually).

Onii: My sig Godzilla's your sig.... If Smashboards would actually show my sig, che.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
so uh anyone want yugioh cards???? i need the denero (money) for to enter the tourny i will have my job mondays probally yes for me:)

hey dugfinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i like the way that sounds FINNNNNNNNNN (end in chinese i belive)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
so uh anyone want yugioh cards???? i need the denero (money) for to enter the tourny i will have my job mondays probally yes for me:)

hey dugfinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i like the way that sounds FINNNNNNNNNN (end in chinese i belive)
FIN = French.

Je parles francais :).

Also, I have advice for everyone who plays me in tournament:

Don't get grabbed.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i got advice for you hylian don't get scured because my ryms are catastrafic son...

i will try not to get grabbed i will crawl if that doesn't work i will spam nades if that doesn't work i will spam pikmen if that doesn't work i will cry and ask you to stop

That sounds like a plan:)

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
remember pimpslap dude
we gotta play many matches before the tourney starts
ill have my setup up there as soon as it opens so we got time :)

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
ahahahahah wtf nice. i changed up my style a bit and am stayin with it. but poke stadium is still counterpick numero uno

Xyro77

BE AT THE VENUE BY 12 NOON ON SATURDAY! PLEASE BRING A FULL SET-UP(wii/ssbb/tv) SO THAT YOUR ENTRY FEE CAN BE REDUCED!!!! AT 2PM I will CUT OFF REGISTRATION.

Aion

Smash Rookie
gg's today aion
indeed furbs and nice grubbin the golden arches always a treat. lets try to ride together to the tourny save the earth like capiton planet!

...and alan i will most definitely bring a whole setup so if your keeping track i hope it helps.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, no need to be so strict about registrations.
We got people coming out of town, ya' know.

With that said, as long as the tournament has not started, then it should be ok for someone to register.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Alright peeps, I'm home.
I'll be job hunting earlier in the morning, but I should be home around the afternoon and until later tonight.
I have food and one twelve pack of mountain dew, mug root beer, and dr. pepper each.
Golf? I live on the southeast end of Houston, near seabrook and pearland friendswood if you know that area it's a little south and east still.
You live in Humble, right? Then it would be quite a drive for you, and it would be faster for you to drive from where you live to PZ, but if you want to hang out, feel free to drop in.
I'll post my address again.
16415 Longvale Dr., Houston TX, 77059.
I'd like to remind everyone that there's no furniture, and I'm bringing my tv, which would be the only one if no one else brings one.
See y'all tonight!

Xyro77

Oh wow, no need to be so strict about registrations.
We got people coming out of town, ya' know.

With that said, as long as the tournament has not started, then it should be ok for someone to register.
Ive learned that if u arnt strict, people will take advantage of that. Remember those moron lubbock kids that woud just get up in the middle of a match and go chat? Yea, if i as there, they wouldnt be doing that. I stick to rules as close as i can. Now if you are in a traffic jam or in a wreck or something, of course ill wait. But if u "woke up late", then im sorry but F-you. Im not in any way aiming this at you. this is to everybody. BE ON TIME.

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
Golf? I live on the southeast end of Houston, near seabrook and pearland friendswood if you know that area it's a little south and east still.
You live in Humble, right? Then it would be quite a drive for you, and it would be faster for you to drive from where you live to PZ, but if you want to hang out, feel free to drop in.
ahh crap i just wanted to get some playin in tonight but you are most certainly too far away D:
but if i get too bored i may actually just go anyway hah

Xyro77

Ok guys, this will be my last post of today and of the weekend, so please listen up!

1. Plz be at the venue by 12 noon. We will start 1vs1 at 2pm. if you show up AFTER 2pm, u are out of luck and i will not make room for you. This allows you to sleep in or have time for traffic. If you are unsure how long it will take you, just leave 2 hours earlier than u normaly would. There will be no excusses........You are being warned right now.

1a. All venue info is on the first post. check and re-check it to make sure you know where it is. There is parking in the back of Planet Zero in case you need it. if all else fails, park in another parking lot. Also, make sure you know that if you do not bring a full set-up, you will pay the 5$ entry fee. singles are 10$ and teams are 5$ per person. remember this!!!

2. There will not be a attendance cap, so if the bracket hits 96 players.......so be it.

2a. I MIGHT do pools depending on the turn-out and set-ups.

3. i am bringing a laptop/camera. So if you want matches recorded, plz TELL ME.

4. If ANYBODY needs more info or has questions, PLEASE call or text my cell at 409-692-0697. If i do not anwer your call, plz leave a message with your name and number so i can call you back.......or just text me, i will always answer those.

5. PLEASE BRING A FULL SET-UP(wii/ssbb/tv) SO THAT YOUR ENTRY FEE CAN BE REDUCED TO 0$!!!!!! THE MORE SET-UPS WE HAVE THE FASTER THIS THING GOES AND THE FASTER IT GOES THE MORE MATCHES U CAN GET IN!!!! I BEG YOU TO HELP ME OUT ON THIS!!!!!! YOUR ITEMS WILL NOT GET STOLEN!!!!!!

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, this will be my last post of today and of the weekend, so please listen up!

1. Plz be at the venue by 12 noon. We will start 1vs1 at 2pm. if you show up AFTER 2pm, u are out of luck and i will not make room for you. This allows you to sleep in or have time for traffic. If you are unsure how long it will take you, just leave 2 hours earlier than u normaly would. There will be no excusses........You are being warned right now.
Wait...it starts at 2 now? SAH WEEEEEEEET!!!
I can go now! :bee:

Oh, as a side note, I've been practicing with Lucas, and I like his style. I'm gonna start using him in tourneys as a counterpick in case my link gets p00ned, somehow. Gotta love Lucas and his fancy footwork. :p

Popertop

Smash Champion
HELL YEAH
You gonna bring a setup?
I have my tv here, and my friend's bringing his wii.
Dawn said he was coming, don't know if he's bringing melee.
You have a copy?

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Ive learned that if u arnt strict, people will take advantage of that. Remember those moron lubbock kids that woud just get up in the middle of a match and go chat? Yea, if i as there, they wouldnt be doing that. I stick to rules as close as i can. Now if you are in a traffic jam or in a wreck or something, of course ill wait.
Eh? I don't know anything about lubbck kids.

But the matter remains that what if people are in traffic and such and are like 10 minutes late. Thing about that is, you wouldn't know what there situation was until they got there.

Regardless, the registration shouldn't be close right at 2 pm. Just close registration as soon as the tournament starts, simple as that.

Otherwise, thats kind of messed up =/

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, people should shoot for getting there by 1 pm, at the latest. Seriously, I would hate to show up and have to immediately play someone in a tourney match without any warmup matches beforehand. Otherwise, for whoever can't get there by 1, they should get there ASAP.

Edit: ...!? Pozerwolf, what happened to snake? U just got tired of him? :confused:

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
HELL YEAH
You gonna bring a setup?
I have my tv here, and my friend's bringing his wii.
Dawn said he was coming, don't know if he's bringing melee.
You have a copy?
yea i do i will bring it and axxo will bring a tv:) so yeah and i will go with you tommarow:)

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'm not going tomorrow.
I'm already going to an opera thing.
$10 tickets....
*AHGOPAUGPAGH*
I'm just having this smashfest to get to play a little, and to help y'all practice before the tournament, and to hang out with mah buds.
I guess y'all can take my tv too, I'll just get it from you later.

I wish they didn't both start at 2pm....

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
........lol then i woud not have a ride there Kage is going withDawn if so i can get a ride with him i think.... lolz if not no!!!! i won't be able to go:(

Gimme your number pm me plz:)

Aion

Smash Rookie
they think they know who i am,
all they know is that i love to kill,
face down dead on the ground,
find me before another is found.
I come alive in the darkness,
left murdered and nameless,
dead unburied and rotten,
half eaten by insects.

kage921

Smash Journeyman
dunno if i can take you pimp cause im taking dawn and maybe neon and im taking a set up and im pretty sure that neon will take his...... but if they dont go, then i have no problem taking you..... also take the ipod cause i want it...... neon, dawn get at me asap...... before i go to work......

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Hold up, quick question about the tournament.

Wondering if the rule "Any player can ban 1 stage before he starts his matches" still apply?

I'm assuming it does, but I'm not seeing it on the rule list (unless I overlooked it).

Just wondering if we can still say, "let me ban [insert stage], I'm unable to play it" before our matches begin.
Hell, I know I can't play that one star fox stage for the life of me, too much going in the background, can't see whats going on >_<

But yeah, just wondering if that rule applies.

Top Bottom