• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

KRDsonic

Smash Master
erf yeah good job man
Lol. I remember another Ice Climber user at HOBO 5 (not Hylian) that I had an IC ditto against that I 2 stocked in a friendlies match, never seen another IC user in Houston though.

Wonder if I can give myself the title of best Sheik in Houston too? lol. The good parts to using hardly used characters! lol.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Does that make me the best Falco in houston? since sethlon doesnt live in houston.
If no other falcos in Houston have been proven to be better than you, then I guess that means for now yes xD.

lol. Lots of characters and relatively few competitive brawlers, guess being the best of a character in your city doesn't mean much xD, unless you use snake or meta knight xD.

CY

Smash Ace
i be with my dogs like shaggy
and we stay clean but we get dirty like harry

let me get my gloves on, and my scrubs on,
dr. carter to the rescue excuse me if i'm late like a thief it takes time to be this great.

lawl. that's all my friends play in the truck is the new carter 3.

but ayo shaggys, tomorrow is gonna be a historical moment for brawl! the greatest brawl tourney starts at 2 tomorrow, yes indeed.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's been awhile, but I can finally go to a tourney.
Couldn't go to the June 7th one, couldn't go to the June 14th one, but the June 21st one I'm coming to, definitely.

Oh, and I'll be trying out Ike as an alt to my Link main.

Cuz Ike pwns. :p

Popertop

Smash Champion
Ok, so I went to TGM/Allan/Xyro's house, got there at eleven, waited for an hour, then my dad got tired and made us come home. I called Allan and texted him but I got no response. Then some random people showed up and were like, "Is Eric here?" And I was like, "Wtf who's Eric? I'm here to meet up with Allan." They were like, "We don't know this Allan guy."
So I was like "WTF?!"
Then I left. Got no repsonses, no feedback from Allan, I was there before midnight, no one home.
My dad can take me to Allan's in the morning, so I need to get in contact with him to let him know that.

Man, I feel jipped.
I did everything I was supposed to, but no one was there and all the calls to his cell were busy. I just thought I had the wrong number, but it's the right one. This ****ing sucks.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok, so I went to TGM/Allan/Xyro's house, got there at eleven, waited for an hour, then my dad got tired and made us come home. I called Allan and texted him but I got no response. Then some random people showed up and were like, "Is Eric here?" And I was like, "Wtf who's Eric? I'm here to meet up with Allan." They were like, "We don't know this Allan guy."
So I was like "WTF?!"
Then I left. Got no repsonses, no feedback from Allan, I was there before midnight, no one home.
My dad can take me to Allan's in the morning, so I need to get in contact with him to let him know that.

Man, I feel jipped.
I did everything I was supposed to, but no one was there and all the calls to his cell were busy. I just thought I had the wrong number, but it's the right one. This ****ing sucks.
rules said be there by 12midnight. i was at work.....like i said.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I WAS there. I got there at eleven and waited for an hour and nobody showed.
Then some random people showed up asking for Eric.
I called your cell like ten times with no answer, and I texted you like four times with no response.

Can I still meet you guys there?

EDIT: Oh, now I see. You said "Be there by midnight." But what you meant was "Be there after midnight."
I was there by midnight and no one was there.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Hey if anyone wantts to get together today to play brawl or melee, call me: 713-505-8688, Im looking at you tallman... or if you want to ridwe to Allans, house together I got gas $$$... again call me.

Also to wave-dash in brawl it is really complicated, I think its going to take longer than the original melee wave dash cause it involves four buttons being pressed while you switch directions. I intend to perfect it. Hopefully Ill win 1 or 2 tourneys off of it, but... we need to figure out how to L-Cancell and stop all this auto-cancell crap and useless infinite jump crap.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Hey if anyone wantts to get together today to play brawl or melee, call me: 713-505-8688, Im looking at you tallman... or if you want to ridwe to Allans, house together I got gas $$$... again call me.

Also to wave-dash in brawl it is really complicated, I think its going to take longer than the original melee wave dash cause it involves four buttons being pressed while you switch directions. I intend to perfect it. Hopefully Ill win 1 or 2 tourneys off of it, but... we need to figure out how to L-Cancell and stop all this auto-cancell crap and useless infinite jump crap.
Silly Jeremy, I'll humor you.

There is no wavedash in Brawl, and the closest thing to it is character specific (Yoshi). Infinite jump has it's uses, just because you can't see them...

There is no L-cancel.

Jeez...

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
WTF I get back from a party and the forum is all screwy?! What's with this post layout? POS!

Edit: You can change it back! User CP -> Edit options -> Postbit Options -> Left

CY

Smash Ace
beaumont tourney was fun. royr is a beast and deserved to win. ok shout outs GO

noah- gj runnin the tournament, you make me proud son.

xyro- thanks for helpin out with the tourney. our MM was close but buttmont came out on top sucka! nah but really it was close and your samus is **** good.

brent- where did you dissapear too? lol

stiltz- gj ****** in the crew battle and gj at getting 2nd place.

hylian- i actually won a friendly against you lol i was suprised. but you 3 stocked me in the crew battle so that is where it actually counts. you said i had a good falco, i am now complete with smash. -_-

swoll- was fun playin like 10 ganon dittos, even though i only won like 1-2. your ganon is beast.

royr- too good and it sucked playing you in the 2nd round. :( you ***** me

random people i 2-3 stocked- get ***** kids. :)

chrisXcross

Smash Rookie
congrats on the houston crew, you guys did really good and it definitely helped me, feels good to play against really good people. feedback on my gameplay would be very nice and appreciative to the people who played against me. -cXc-

CY

Smash Ace
congrats on the houston crew, you guys did really good and it definitely helped me, feels good to play against really good people. feedback on my gameplay would be very nice and appreciative to the people who played against me. -cXc-
oh i think i played you towards the end, i was the falco. you played kirby and ummm olimar?

you were pretty good though.

chrisXcross

Smash Rookie
ya that was me, i was using them for fun lol.

ya you're cy arent you? falcos and their dam cgs...lol. too bad i didnt play you in the tournament, wouldve been fun.

lost to both royr and stiltz (at least they were in the finals woot).

CY

Smash Ace
ya that was me, i was using them for fun lol.

ya you're cy arent you? falcos and their dam cgs...lol. too bad i didnt play you in the tournament, wouldve been fun.

lost to both royr and stiltz (at least they were in the finals woot).
yea, royr and stiltz are both amazing. royr destroyed me in the tourney match and in friendlies.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like it was a fun tourney. Roy beat out Hyli and Stiltz? Awesome job Roy! :) *claps* Did anyone take vids?

chrisXcross

Smash Rookie
not to mention royr beat stiltz 4 times in a row before stiltz came up with a win, then royr took it home. xyro took vids, and one of them is really good on royr's part.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Man so last tournament Stiltz got ***** by Seth, and this time he got ***** by Roy? Soz Stiltz. :(

I'd like to see those vids. Then again they won't be up until after HOBO5 vids, which who knows when those will be up.

heytallman

CTALL
Woot just got home from Buttmont! Fun tourney, and got some shout outs:

Dave the Rockettrainer: THANKS for the ride dude. I just realized I never paid you gas money, and you drove away too fast for me to be able to give it to you....or even say goodbye -_- You did well at the tourney and ***** in crews.

Roy: Congrats, once again, and the car ride was fun (when you were awake). Also, you might need to see a doctor. You went to the bathroom FAR too many times.

Stiltz: It was tight meeting you and talking about pokes with you. We gotta play sometime. And maybe Brawl, too.

Stiltz' brother: Holy hell dude, you are a beast at Rock Band drums (and you'll never read this so IDK why I'm saying it)

Hylian: I brought you down to one stock.

See Why: You had a much better Falco that I originally thought. Kudos.

Rayzorium: You made funny noises when we played. It was fun.

Allan: How do you like Lucas' recovery, b*tch?

takeurlife: Good job running the tournament, it went rather well. It felt pretty short too.

swoLL: Yoshi sucks. Period.

Jeremy Feifer: Suck my balls. And yes, I will call you sometime soon for Brawl.

OK so on a side note, I officially think tournaments hate me. At HOBO I, I was in a very difficult pool, with Allan, T-Rex, Gabe, and Kira, four great players. At HOBO IV, I had to play Pozer Wolf then Kitty, who I lost against. Now here in Buttmont, I get the honor of playing Hylian first round. Will the endless stream of first-round ****** ever end? I predict Sethlon in my future at my next HOBO.

But no bracket Johns.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
1: Royr (Marth)
2: Stiltz (Metaknight/Olimar)
3: Hylian (IC/GW)
4: cXc (rob)
5: Kalo (wolf)
5: RT (lucario)
7: Pup
7: Xyro (samus)
9: Betin
9: Take (marth)
9: Rayzorium (metaknight/marth)
9: TK3
13: Juice
13: c.y. (falco)
13: Tyle (falco)
13: Doxa(pikachu)
17: Smokey
17: RNDM
17: Ivan (sheik/samus)
17: Tallman (lucas)
17: Nicl
17: Fuery
17: Jim Zamora
17: Josh
25: X
25: Esca (olimar)
25: Lee

shout outs will be done in the morning. In the mean time, PLEASE SHEER FOR SETHLON. HES IN ARIZONA REPRESENTING HOUSTON. He has already beat Forwards Snake many times in friendlies.

Top Bottom