• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I don't have any hacked pokemon either. I hate hackers. I hate how so many people use hacked pokemon. All mine are bred/raised by me, except for my shiny gengar, which I DID raise, and is legit. And to post my team, it's Aerodactyl, Skarmory, Electivire, Gengar, Dusknoir, and Starmie. So no Johns when you lose.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'll get to go to Buttmont. I'm happy.
:( i was sticking up for you dude my party is changed

Blissy
Tyranatar
Bronzong
Jolteon
Snorlax
Dragonite

whats up ppls

just working on bracking wolf more and more found out you can escape the gheyness that wolf can cauz so yeah i still love him :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Pimp, plz keep pokeman talk to PMs. and wolf will eb stompe dby falco9seths mainly).

jeremy, you didnt find WD. let it go. your toon link is not bad.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
lolz you make no sense tgm :) if you look at the roots of thise site it was built off of pokemon and people freely talk about it here:) but i love ya lolz so yeah i will try to not talk about it.....

My DDD vs Samus Cinnamon match still on it's way.

Popertop

Smash Champion
LAWL. I picked up street fighter anniversary edition/collection or whatever, and I love it. I also hate it. The computers are soooooo gay. Ugh. Stoopid. Anyways, we were messing around with the parry system, and I was like, "Hey, let's try and parry the hardest super in the game!" Needless to say I couldn't even parry the first hit. Daigo is inhuman, and the game breaks for him because he's so awesome. I wish he would get into smash and destroy everybody, but that won't happen because smash is poop compared to SF. Super turbo is broken, but enough about that.

LAWL, a Slaking with Focus Punch/Brick break, EQ, Return and Rest would absolutely destroy most of your team Pimpslap. And then some HP Ice Gengar to seal the deal/outspeed you mostly. LAWL.

LAWL at Jeremy's attempt to garner attention and praise. LAWL and LULZ.

I'll be at your house when my dad gets off work TGM. I'm bringing my TV. It's like 18-20 inches I think.
Yah. Practice at your house? Teach me Melee? Speaking of Melee isn't there a HUGE Melee/Brawl tournament June 28th in San Antonio?

Take why no Street FIghter? Needs moar street fighter.

Brawl is terrible. Smashfest at my house before PlaynTrade tourney?

Popertop

Smash Champion
You don't think Brawl is terrible? Way to many *not so good* defensive options. Terrible.
Spot dodges last too long. Rolls are too good. Campiness is rewarded WAY too much.
No wavedash. It's not Melee it's terrible.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You don't think Brawl is terrible? Way to many *not so good* defensive options. Terrible.
Spot dodges last too long. Rolls are too good. Campiness is rewarded WAY too much.
No wavedash. It's not Melee it's terrible.
I don't really think you understand the game that well then haha.

And I would probably destroy you in melee :).

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
brawl is ok once u get used to it. melee will always be better though.
so we're playing brawl..... why?

so the noobs "have a winning chance?"

I have hardly touched brawl since launch, and it's not like I can't beat down the majority of people that start playing for the first time as well.

It's so silly hearing people enjoying the game because they openly admit to it being dumbed it down. Even sillier is the belief that they have caught up to the "pros" and won't be outclassed. Also, there's a belief that characters are more balanced..... then why were all the old characters nerfed and the new ones given such ridiculous powers (Pit's insane recovery for example). So far only a few characters seem to win tournaments.... usually Snake or Metaknight.

Melee wasn't all that complicated for the casual players.... there isn't much you can do about noobs who only use the b button, who flick the c stick constantly, who only use Up B to get around in the air. These are the sort of issues that shouldn't be addressed by making the game even simpler. It just degrades the product and only satisfies the people that aren't really interested in fighting games in the first place. Besides, those players still had fun regardless of how much they sucked, because they had the option for items and camera mode and pictures and all those little dressings that made Melee fun to mess around in.

Brawl has all of the same issues that people would try to say about Melee..... except Brawl isn't complex and deep. And these issues are coming up mere months after release. By the end of the summer, Brawl will likely have reached its plateau of evolving and end there.

Simple rule: no matter the game, the smarter player will emerge victorious.

Xyro77

so we're playing brawl..... why?

so the noobs "have a winning chance?"

I have hardly touched brawl since launch, and it's not like I can't beat down the majority of people that start playing for the first time as well.

It's so silly hearing people enjoying the game because they openly admit to it being dumbed it down. Even sillier is the belief that they have caught up to the "pros" and won't be outclassed. Also, there's a belief that characters are more balanced..... then why were all the old characters nerfed and the new ones given such ridiculous powers (Pit's insane recovery for example). So far only a few characters seem to win tournaments.... usually Snake or Metaknight.

Melee wasn't all that complicated for the casual players.... there isn't much you can do about noobs who only use the b button, who flick the c stick constantly, who only use Up B to get around in the air. These are the sort of issues that shouldn't be addressed by making the game even simpler. It just degrades the product and only satisfies the people that aren't really interested in fighting games in the first place. Besides, those players still had fun regardless of how much they sucked, because they had the option for items and camera mode and pictures and all those little dressings that made Melee fun to mess around in.

Brawl has all of the same issues that people would try to say about Melee..... except Brawl isn't complex and deep. And these issues are coming up mere months after release. By the end of the summer, Brawl will likely have reached its plateau of evolving and end there.

Simple rule: no matter the game, the smarter player will emerge victorious.

PLEASE! Nobody respond to this. This will spark a huge debate.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can someone PM me TGM's address?

Popertop

Smash Champion
it's on two different pages earlier.
King Mosquito is right guys.
Brawl is about punishment, punishing those spot dodges and air dodges and rolls.
"It's not Melee" was my argument Hylian, and I'd be glad to play you in Melee. I'm terrible I admit.
But that doesn't mean I suck, I just never had a community of talented players to test myself against.
I'm willing to learn.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I don't really think you understand the game that well then haha.

And I would probably destroy you in melee :).
Can you please destroy me in melee...

brawl is ok once u get used to it. melee will always be better though.
True. Im starting to like Brawl.

jeremy, you didnt find WD. let it go. your toon link is not bad.
Im so not joking... I will post a video after I win a tourney.

LAWL at Jeremy's attempt to garner attention and praise. LAWL and LULZ.
Who are you? And why do you keep posting here? I can own you in Melee, Brawl, and Life and so leave.

Xyro77

Last Post Of The Day

LAST POST OF THE DAY!!!!!!

To Hylian and Poptart: my address is 5516 AVE m 1/2, santa fe, tx 77510. Please TEXT me if u have any problems. Plz be at my house by 12 midnite. i have work at 4 so i will be getting off at 11pm tonight.

To takeUrLife2: i got cords,tio,laptop,power strips. I also need to add, that i am only gonna allow them to be used on brawl. because if all the games and systems are hooked up to my cords and i decide to leave.......the whole tournament stops and thats unfair to them. So i was just gonna use my cords and stuff for brawl. is that cool?

To the rest:

THE TIME HAS COME! Tomorrow is the day the Houstonians UTTERLY **** Buttmont! Please be at the venue by 12noon. They start at 2pm so if your late, you just wasted a huge *** trip. Remember, entry fee is 7$ unless you bring a FULL SET-UP!!!! If you bring a full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb) your fee will be reduced to 5$. 1vs1 costs 10$. There will not be teams unless enough people would like to do it. A crew battle will happen AFTER 1vs 1 are done. If you have any questions about info regarding th venue, plz check the front page of this thread.

oh also, we are in dire(vulcan) need of full set-ups. i BEG YOU to plz bring one. i will bring 1 or 2. Hylian/RT....plz bring a full set up. we really need this. Remember, the more set-ups, the more matches get played and the faster the event goes.

The list of players going from Houston that i KNOW of:

Rocket Trainer (lucario)
Xyro (samus)
Stiltz (***a Knight)
Poptart (bowser?)
Kalo (wolfsies)
RoyR (marf)
Tyle (f-ing Falco)
Pipes (drain-oooooooo)
Hylian (mewtwo)

PS: if any body has ANY questions about directions or anything, call me(409-692-0697) or takeurlife2(409 291 6061)

PSS: i heard that buttmont is famous for its high rate of SARS patients. Get vaccinated HOUSTON! these buttmountain animals will spread thier disease!!!!

heytallman

CTALL
Im so not joking... I will post a video after I win a tourney.
I was trying to think of something witty to say about this, but it's all been said before.

JEREMY. In guitar hero 4, people will be able to make custom note charts. Hope you're chill with playing songs that are 20+ minutes long on drums. 'Cause the first thing I'm gonna do is Octavarium.

Also, yay Beaumont tomorrow

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I could go for some Pop Tarts right about now...

Tomorrow will be fun. :)

Popertop

Smash Champion
Why do they call you the tuxedo maniac? Will you be wearing a tuxedo tomorrow? Are you, in fact, James Bond?
Yes to all.

I'll bring my tux. And a gorilla suit. >.>'
It was a catchy name I came up with. I was like, "Dude, I'm the friggin' Tuxedo Maniac." And my friend was like, "Y'know that's not half bad." I can settle for not half bad.

I'm a music major so I'm always attending recitals and concerts, and performing sometimes, so that's another level of it.

Also I'm CRRAAAAAAYYYYYZZZZEEEEE!!!

I want to paint my controller a cool red and black scheme or something like that. I thought about doing a tux but that would be way crazy hard.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
This thread is so boooorrinnngg now! Hopefully it gets better after this crew battle when all of you settle down. Everyone knows Houston would **** anyways, but I guess you guys are doing draft teams now? Either way, someone please come back and post something interestinnggg after the tourney. I'll be gone at a party tonight anyways. :)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I'm carpooling with Stiltz to get to Beaumont. Remember, I'm relatively new to brawl, so don't expect to be suprised. Wait, do expect to be suprised. WTF? I hate accidental oxymorons

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
oh, i guess kirin is rofl pwny

and yes, allan, i understand that your cords go to brawl only.

once again, dont bring melee, it wont be played, and if you play it, i will charge you an hourly rate (all time rounds up to the nearest hour...)

Top Bottom