• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Terrabite Tourny 2 - Pompton Lakes, NJ - Aug 23, 08 - SSBB, North Jersey

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Neither of them can make it. My one friend is celebrating his niece's birthday on the day of the tournament, and his parents said he needs to be at her party. My other friend wanted to enter doubles only because he thought he was leaving for college the night of the tourney, but is leaving the day before. I tried... :ohwell:

I do need a partner for this. As long as you don't hit me too much I'm fine (I got killed twice by my partner at the last tournament I went to.)
I could team with you if I don't team with my friend. I'm not sure if hes teaming with me or not but i'll keep in touch with you.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Jigglymaster: last time i teamed with a jiggs in brawl (eazy) we were winning and it was 2v1. I grabbed the one left and eazy went for the rest. he rested me. would you do that to your partner? :chuckle:

jigglymaster go to why so serious i wanna play u in melee :)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I can vouch for Black Waltz's skill, if anyone is looking for a teams partner.

Also, I'll see if I can persuade Umbra to bring the sensor bar. I still curse Nintendo for not being able to operate the Wii exclusively with a GC controller.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglymaster: last time i teamed with a jiggs in brawl (eazy) we were winning and it was 2v1. I grabbed the one left and eazy went for the rest. he rested me. would you do that to your partner? :chuckle:

jigglymaster go to why so serious i wanna play u in melee :)
Sorry, thats way to far from where I live.

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
WARNING to everyone attending

Make sure to mark your controllers and even then never let them out of your site. We've had a few go missing last tournament, and because every controller looked the same coupled with the fact quite a few people had backpacks, they could not be recovered. Honor only goes so far, and an easy steal is an easy steal.

To those bringing setups
While i doubt people will steal a wii mid tournament, it doesn't mean someone won't try if the opportunity presents itself. Mark your wii to be able to tell it apart and do not leave the facility without assigning either someone you trust or myself, (because i own a wii already and I'm stuck at the facility until everyone heads out), to watch your system. I hope nothing goes wrong and we all have fun this saturday.

edit: I threw this on the front page too.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
lol, YES!, I know we both have the same lag, but I died to it drastically. We'll fight eachother in the tourney again though! :D

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Can't wait for tomorrow. I'm definatly coming and i'll bring my vcr to record a few matches that aren't online XD

Snakeee

Smash Master
Can't wait for tomorrow. I'm definatly coming and i'll bring my vcr to record a few matches that aren't online XD
Awesome, you think you can record finals?
Or if you can't....can anyone record finals? lol

Also, does anyone want to MM me?
and gl everyone that attends this

Wow that was like 4 posts in one.

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually kinda surprised you noticed this. Sorry to hear one of the greatest smashers in the US can't make it to a local tourny.

Side note: yay i have at least a slim chance at winning now!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'll be going to this, mooching a ride off Rhyme. XD A friend (HTS) will be tagging along.

I'll definitely bring a Wii+classic/Wiimote, not sure on a TV.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
If anyone needs a ride from the bergen area, I can pick you up but you need to contact me via PM on this to get details. If you are online at the time I'll give you my AIM information.
(More people = More better)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I don't think I can make this unless Velocity randomly decides to take me tomorrow morning

=(
Lame. If you were anywhere near here, I'd swing by and pick you up. You're m2k, fly, teleport, do something!

If anyone needs a ride from the bergen area, I can pick you up but you need to contact me via PM on this to get details. If you are online at the time I'll give you my AIM information.
(More people = More better)
QFT, I'm very pleased with the estimated turnout! Considering we're a bunch of rookies in terms of directing tournaments, it puts a big smile on our face to see so many people coming out to the event.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Montage will be assisting in the running of this. If we don't help out, you all know the tournament won't run smoothly and the owner may even kick us out when we're only halfway done with singles at midnight, lol.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
4 PM?? I'm there, live right down the street.

Though, I don't know if I can stay long, kinda have a hot date tonight :chuckle:

I'll def hop over though.

John, if your stilling working at Terrabyte and/or helping out I'll see you l8r.

Peace

EDIT: Dude perfect, I never realized Terrabyte was right by Mainstage. Sweet, I'm def there.

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
Well, I had a great time. Thanks everyone who organized and ran this, and everyone I played.

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
This event was a load of fun, but lasted FAR too long. We paid for starting 3 hours later then previously.
Some quick shoutouts, M2K you are an INSANE beast at smash congrats on the win, Snake your ZSS is amazing and that 3 stock put me to shame. Emukiller we didn't get our rematch, many applogies, Black waltz your a great olimar player,Brian HBK and of course Dan and R00kie GGs. If i forgot you i'm barely conscience, sorry.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
1st m2k
2nd atomsk
3rd blackwaltz
4th inui
5th snakeee
5th shadow

GET ***** NY XD

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
We all know why it looks that way. lmfao.
Yeseree we do.

If bracket rigging happens at the next NJ tournament Inui I'm completely taking over for any NJ tourney I go to.

As a matter of fact, I'm completely taking over @ the next Montage tournament. You can make the doulbes bracket the way you want with Pride & someone else being the only people on your side and Keitaro, Eazy, Shadow, Snakeee, M2K, Velocity, Baji, Orion, Malcolm, and HBK all on the other side but I'm not allowing you to do stupid **** with the singles bracket.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Keit's a real ******, I apologize tho in a way. Because since this was Munk's 1st time hosting and we were a lil' late, Munk just accepted any advice/help. (Not saying it was your fault Munk) but for sure this ain't ever gonna happen again when ZODIAC BRAVES host another tourny believe that.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'll handle the next bracket, I call all jiggly, ganondorf, link, and cf mains on one side, the rest of you can have it out on the other half of the bracket. That **** sounds fair, right?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I know that Inui made the bracket so that he can play people he has beaten before to make it easy but him doing that just makes everyone else on the other side of the bracket get ***** by shuttle loops and chaingrabs from Metaknight and DDD respectively. He tried to give himself an auto top 3 but Black Waltz beat him so I'm happy. I'm definitely not letting that happen for the next tourney.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Yeah I had no complaints losing to munk and orion because frankly I held my own and got recognition with a character that gets no respect (Seriously though get at rookie for this **** big time too, too official with fox. Watch out for this guy in the next tourney too because he's just gonna keep at it till you see that furry little ***** in first. Don't sleep on him.) so get at me and get at ike for that ****, I'd rather go down swinging than rigging **** to make myself feel better. If the bottom line was the money for it, it's still a punk move.

Snakeee

Smash Master
1st m2k
2nd atomsk
3rd blackwaltz
4th inui
5th snakeee
5th shadow

GET ***** NY XD
There was like 10x more NJ than NY, and we still managed to get two in the top five so shut up. And you're going down next time Gordo man .... maybe I'll even reflect them back at you :laugh:

Anyway awesome tourney, rigging sucks, and shout outs probably on the results thread.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
IDK the topic of NY vs NJ seems to be drifting around quietly but poor R00kie he can't say nothing because he's only 1 NewYorker in a NJ crew. lmao. To me NY/NJ are the same thing, there "brother states" for a reason but if you really want to get legit. NY is more populated with better players. And that's not an argument. That's a statement/fact.

Top Bottom