• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tear apart my marth please?(Updated 6/12/08)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Hey, I've sorta stalked the marth forums for a while and given feedback on a different threads for a while. Now that people don't think I'm a TOTAL idiot, I figured it was time to completely ruin my rep by posting a horrid video of my marth. I know there are a lot of these threads out there now, but I hope you'll critique my marth xD. I know I have a lot of problems, and this is actually one of my better marth videos. Anyways, I'll try uploading more videos more often to improve my actual game. Thanks a bunch! And please, tear me apart so I can improve :laugh:

WTF?(Marth) vs Betty(PT)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qrZd6vEr3o

P.S. Sorry for incredibly crappy quality =[ Thanks in advance!

Edit: Hey! I have two new matches. One was from 6/4, and the other was from about 3 hours ago. Tell me how I'm doing =D Thanks much everyone!

WTF?(Marth) vs I actually Forgot Who(Wario) Match 1 (6/4/08) This one is a bit older, but it's more of a, I literally just read the advice given to me(or a good chunk of it).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJSmIyKdBeo

WTF?(Marth) vs Dunkz(Marth) Match 1 (6/11/08) Lol, I mess up twice in this one, but overall game-play is much better than other one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLqzA2ZQe_o

Hope you guys decide to see if I've improved or not. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

g5tran

Smash Rookie
I'm not in any way an expert with marth, and I like how you incorporated d-tilt into your game, I've been having trouble doing that.

Some things that I noticed that I don't see in other videos is that you full hop a lot of your aerials and use your dash attack. IMO it would be better to short hop fairs a bit to mix it up. Also using the dolphin slash while chasing someone in the air can be pretty dangerous. It's cool if you hit with the base of the attack, but if you miss or you hit near the top, most opponents can and will fast fall below you and punish you for doing that.

I do like your play style though, it's different.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
WHAT'S WITH THE EMO MARTH THREADS BEING POSTED AS OF LATE? Be humble, but plz, don't go slitting urself with ur own falchion. sheesh:dizzy:

now for suggestions:
Don't use upair so often, it leaves u open, make sure they are less prone to dodge it when using it.

Don't use dair on the stage much... at all.

Don't full hop so much

where's ftilt?

Do more walking

maybe moar grab?

side B use a bit more, although I liked when u used it

counter is pretty good, noticed that ur enemy wasn't prone to grabbing, so I encourage using that more often.

liked overall play, it was actually quite good.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm going to keep it simple.

- WAY too much rolling.

- Not enough Dancing Blade.

- Spammed F-smash a bit.

- More f-tilt.

- More walking.

-Too much full hop fair spam.

- I think you SHed once in that whole vid? Yeah, you need to use SH's more.

- Don't use up b to hit opponents in the air.

- Don't worry about Shieldbreaker until you get all the basics down.

Work on that for now.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I agree with Emblem Lord. Also, use short hop dancing blade also, it tricks you opponent since it makes you hover a bit. When you pursue someone offstage, rar them. The biar will be stronger since you use fair a lot onstage. Do the same thing when you are going for a spike. Dair b4 you start falling from you jump.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
I almost never full hop. SHed fairs are way faster and will really improve your game, especially out of shield. You also used shieldbreaker a lot, but you never used it on your opponents shield. Its really only good as a ko move or as an actual shieldbreaker, never as a combo starter. Use fairs and dancing blade for that, they lead into a lot more attacks and can really get you a lot of momentum.

Never roll into an opponent, you'll get *****

The Dair. Never use it unless you are almost certain it will spike for a ko. Otherwise its just too laggy, and doesn't do much damage or knockback. fairs and bairs are much better as they are faster, have better range and leave you in a far less vulnerable position.

And basically everything else Emblem Lord said

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
You are rolling too much imo (both players actually), especially when you are already far away form your opponent and you roll right in front of them. Rolling is for getting behind your opponent and not much else.

You need to Short hop more. Short hopping leaves in the air less so that you can use your air move and land right after words. Also, your opponent will not be as prepared for your air strike if it doesn't come from 20 smash feet in the air.

Adding to this, you can fast fall to give your opponent even LESS time to respond and give you more opportunities at the same time. With this, you can SHFF (Short Hop Fast Fall) F-air into an F-smash since F-air auto cancel's its lag when you SHFF it.

F-smash, while initially quick and powerful, leaves you very vulnerable after words (more so offline than online), so don't be reckless with it.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
WHAT'S WITH THE EMO MARTH THREADS BEING POSTED AS OF LATE? Be humble, but plz, don't go slitting urself with ur own falchion. sheesh:dizzy:
Misconception is teh lulz. What draws the line between humbleness and "emoness" than? Of course, you're probably joking, but taking your response...

I don't know if you're joking or not. xD

Anyway feardragon64, I'm going to try to not wonder how you got already so many responses in a fortnight when my thread is a wasteland of death, okay? Let's see, I'll try to see if there's anything I saw you do wrong (probably the mistakes I do too). Some of this other may have already suggested.

Hmm, aren't shieldgrabs normally safer than dashgrabs? That'll be nice to implement if possible. Ya know, run, shield and grab while keeping your momentum.

Fsmash comes out too late, use Ftilt as it comes out faster, has less lag, and still has the property of getting your opponents away from you.

I don't know why you fullhopped so much, was it because of Wi-Fi delay made you press the buttons harder than usual? If not, know that more shorthops, less fullhops, not vice-versa. Considering that it looked like you were approaching with those full-hopped aerials, I think it just might be Wi-Fi hating on you.

Ah, you dash attacked a lot. It's especially bad because you seemed to have used it to approach, as well as approach a shield most of the time. Squirtle could have grabbed/done whatever. Lag might have saved you there. Only use it as a surprise attack, especially at higher percentiles as it sets up edgeguarding and/or KOs. Don't expect to pull it out ever unless you're gambling on your opponent screwing up.

Rushing with U-B is only viable in Wi-Fi due to latency, and even then, it's not that good of a choice. It should only be used as a defensive move/recovery. The hitstun in Brawl is too little and Up-B's lag is too great for you to do anything too amazing with it offensively.

Too many Nairs? I guess you may have started using them because you were fullhopping all the time though. If you're shorthopping, Fairs are usually what you'd go for in approaching.

When your opponent is above you, Uair is beautiful, eh gets opponents somewhat juggled and doesn't afraid of anything. Seriously, switch the frequency of your Dairs with Uairs. xD

You tried to often at the beginning of the Charizard match trying to grab him. Just stick with your Dtilts and side-B. =P Although side-B is hard to time on Wi-Fi, point taken.

As everyone else already said, too much rolling. Rolling is cool in this game, but yeah, don't abuse it too much, especially since you (Marth) don't have whorenado like attacks, lol.

Kinda expected that Squirtle to give you more of a hard time, since most agree its somewhat the bread and butter of PT. Ivysaur didn't try to camp, and Charizard didn't seem to grab for some reason.

Hope that helps. Me showing my videos ruined my rep too, lol. =P

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Almost everyone has already said this but:
SHORTHOP!!!!!
Also, work on your approaches. I didn't mind the rolling in the beginning, but eventually you managed to use the worst timing on rolling and the worst approaches. it was fine on squirtle but once you got to Ivysaur, you started to bomb.

Next, stop using the B-up unless you KNOW it will hit. You were open to much.

Finally, stop using your Neutral B as much. You used it well once in a while, but still, you overused it.

However, I will say that your Marth is much better than mine (mainly because my game is too predictable sometimes and i commit suicide too much) so if you want to ignore my criticism, thats fine.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
short hops are your friend

don't use up b unless you know it will sweet spot

space yourself better, most of the time you just threw yourself at him, especially against ivysaur. Fortunately he wasn't able to punish you enough for it though, a better player will for sure.

too much rolling.

my criticism is so original =p

Dis4ster

Smash Rookie
The things i saw that could be better were:

- Short hop more.
- Less rolling.
- Use walking to space yourself.
- Use shield grab. At low % you can fthrow>fsmash.
- Less Up B unless it sweetspots.
- Also throw in some nairs.
- If you're racking up damage you should use tilts instead of smash unless you are sure the smash is going to hit.

BTW I'd like to see a non-online match of you.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Haha, oh god it's so blatant now that everyone says it. I always knew I did a lot of full hops, but I never noticed just how often I did them, and how few SH's i did. I think rolling is a habit I'm still trying to get out of from thinking I could train with level 9 computers...(*sigh*). I'll try and replace fsmash spam with ftilt instead(still getting the hang of those). With more ftilts, I know I'll automatically be doing more walking. More dancing blade is an easy one. As for the dolphin slashing, I actually don't normally do it that often. Usually I use it as a suprise tactic if their damage is high enough and they're trying to recover to the stage, but I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I'll also try and throw nairs at the appropriate time...and do less shieldbreaker spam without thinking about what I'm doing, lol.

I thought about everything everyone said last night and did a few more matches on wifi. It really opened my eyes once I was conciously thinking about all of it. Thanks a bunch for everything everyone! I think I'm already doing less rolling, SH'ing more, using shieldgrab instead of a normal grab, ftilts, etc.(and of course dancing blade spam for emblem lord =b). And ya, I can't blame wifi for any of my mistakes since I'm not at a level where the minute lag is noticeable to my play style =[.

Anywho, I plan to upload some more vids today if I can(usually I have to resort to saving replays since I have to hold my camera to record but I think I found a sturdy object I can put my camera on). I hope this thread doesn't get completely abandoned now that people have thought, "I've read that thread, no need to read it again." Anyways, if you do, thanks for the initial advice. I'll double post and bump when I have another video or two up. =]

P.S. VietGeek, getting your thread looked at is all about when you post it, having a title that isn't like every other one, and knowing when to bump it =](don't do it in the morning or a weekday or the thread will get buried under all the others.

FF7Cid

Smash Rookie
Pretty much agreeing with everyone else:

-More SHfairs and ftilts
-Don't up b unless you know it will hit, otherwise you leave yourself open. This also applies to dairs while on stage
-Too much rolling

otherwise, I thought your use of counter/dancing blade was pretty good (albeit a little scarce)

old king coal

Smash Journeyman
your spacing is off. the best thing to do is to play against a computer that is standing still in training mode, and take it %100 seriously. dont do anything that you wouldn't do in a normal match (ie heaps of smashes)

good luck :)

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Fight more agressive, don't do so many pointless shields, and learn to spot dodge.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Short hopped f-airs are good, but don't overuse them. They're not what they were in Melee. I know you didn't use them a lot, but people are recommending that. Use n-airs more. They're a lot stronger in this game than they were in Melee and can help push people off the stage.

Rolldodging is not a spammable move. That is something you need to learn. Try playing Melee for a while and try to take rolldodging completely out of your game for a while. It'll seriously help.

Also, don't grab or attack when no one's there. I saw that happen a lot. Do you think your opponent is just going to fly over to you and get hit then? The only times to attack when there's no one there is if you're just outside your range and you have a longer reach. This way you could pressure them or something into retreating for whatever you want to follow that up with. But try to make your attacks connect more. It seems that there were a lot of moments where you just hit air when your opponent was either on the opposite side of the stage or just missed entirely.

Work on timing and spacing. Try to connect things well. And don't use Dolphin Slash to attack. The only time to try that would be if you can sweetspot it and probably only out of your shield or if you want to risk doing that as an edgeguard. And the only time to use it out of your shield is when they are at high percents for a finisher or as a setup into an edgeguard. Otherwise, drop your shield and use Dancing Blade.

And why not spotdodge instead of roll dodging? It's just as good except you don't misplace yourself. So instead of moving out of your opponent's way completely, you just dodge their attack and are in place to strike back. See what I mean?

And, I'm sorry, but I'm really surprised from the posts I've seen you make that your Marth...could use some work ;x

Out of curiosity, how did you get the Smash Debater title?

Edit: Wow, just finished the video. It was...a little hard to watch at first. That might have just been the video quality, though.

You definitely need to use your sword more. You have it for a reason. You are not Captain Falcon who attacks solely with his hands and feet. You might be saying to yourself "Marth only uses his sword except for grabs, what is he talking about?" I'm talking about you getting so close to your opponent that you could breathe in his face. The only time to ever get closer than the tip of your sword is when you want to miss tipped attacks to control knockback better. That's it. And I'm pretty sure when you jumped right into Ivysaur's f-smash from the ledge, that wasn't your intention. Why wait if you're that close when you can hit them much earlier for more damage and knockback with the tip of your blade?

Tip more often.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Short hopped f-airs are good, but don't overuse them. They're not what they were in Melee. I know you didn't use them a lot, but people are recommending that. Use n-airs more. They're a lot stronger in this game than they were in Melee and can help push people off the stage.

Rolldodging is not a spammable move. That is something you need to learn. Try playing Melee for a while and try to take rolldodging completely out of your game for a while. It'll seriously help.

Also, don't grab or attack when no one's there. I saw that happen a lot. Do you think your opponent is just going to fly over to you and get hit then? The only times to attack when there's no one there is if you're just outside your range and you have a longer reach. This way you could pressure them or something into retreating for whatever you want to follow that up with. But try to make your attacks connect more. It seems that there were a lot of moments where you just hit air when your opponent was either on the opposite side of the stage or just missed entirely.

Work on timing and spacing. Try to connect things well. And don't use Dolphin Slash to attack. The only time to try that would be if you can sweetspot it and probably only out of your shield or if you want to risk doing that as an edgeguard. And the only time to use it out of your shield is when they are at high percents for a finisher or as a setup into an edgeguard. Otherwise, drop your shield and use Dancing Blade.

And why not spotdodge instead of roll dodging? It's just as good except you don't misplace yourself. So instead of moving out of your opponent's way completely, you just dodge their attack and are in place to strike back. See what I mean?
I see exactly what you mean in all of those X_X Ya I have a lonnnng ways to go. I keep telling myself that I'll upload a video that shows I've actually learned something from everything everyone is telling me, but then I look at the replay and I realize I missed like half of the stuff. Slowly improving though....ever so slowly >>

And, I'm sorry, but I'm really surprised from the posts I've seen you make that your Marth...could use some work ;x

Out of curiosity, how did you get the Smash Debater title?
Haha, I'm a much better analyst than I am a player. Well, not even that, I just use proper grammar like the intelligent people on the boards do...People actually tend to mistake me as smart when I do! xD
And I got my smash debater title by applying and doing sample posts in the debater section. I think my trial post was in the school dress code topic. I forget exactly how it went.

Also, for the edited post section, I know I can't really attribute lag to it, but I still have this urge to point out i was a wifi battle so there was bits of lag that made it a bit hard to space. But at the same time, it's pretty obvious by the myriad of mistakes I had made anyways that it's not much of an excuse since I don't think it would have made much of a difference anyways X_X

But lol, I'll play melee for a while to get better at spacing =b It's been a while since I have...Thanks!

Wander

Smash Journeyman
It's been said, but you roll far too often. Use it only when you need to get behind the opponent quickly or when the invincibility frames are actually helpful. Don't roll just for movement.

Don't get too friendly with the C-stick. Several times you would tap in the enemy's direction and hope for a kill, even at low percentages. Start with combos and damage-builders, then sneak in a Smash at opportune moments for the kill. Marth's F-smash is good, but only in certain situations.

Not enough shorthopping. If used properly, shorthops will let you use aerials very close to the ground and chain them into ground attacks. Fulljumps leave you up in the air, waiting to be juggled, and should only really be used when you're the one doing the juggling.

The D-air is a good tool, but know when to use it. Its high landing lag makes it worth very little on-stage, and you can't just use it off-stage and hope for a spike. Learn to judge the distance properly and be aware that if you miss, the recovery time on the D-air is large. Using it too close to the bottom line and missing could leave you with not enough time to recover yourself.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Updated With 2 New Videos. One of them is a bit older, but the 2nd is from about 4 or 5 hours ago! Please re-comment and tell me if I've improved, etc. etc.!

Thanks in advance!
(P.S. Working on the fsmash spam ><)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Updated With 2 New Videos. One of them is a bit older, but the 2nd is from about 4 or 5 hours ago! Please re-comment and tell me if I've improved, etc. etc.!

Thanks in advance!
(P.S. Working on the fsmash spam ><)
I'll check those out now and edit this in a second or two.

By the way, I, also, am a much better analyst than player. So don't worry about it.

Edit:

Second Video: Better. You're making good use of Dancing Blade and learning to incorporate shieldbreaker. I see less full jumps and less rolldodging but this area still needs to be worked on.

Recovery also seems to be something you really need to work on. In both videos I saw you miss a ledge due to poor recovery you could have made. I think in this video you waited too long to use Dolphin Blade and in the other video you didn't use your double jump.

Here's my advice for recovery: DI. That's important. When you're sent flying, DI back to the stage first. Save both your one-time lift from the first hit of Dancing Blade and your double jump for the end, or at least just your double jump. I learned this when playing Melee and it helped me make it back to the stage so many times.

If you save your double jump there are a couple of benefits.

Firstly, you get a longer horizontal recovery (which we know Marth is lacking). This is because you use your double jump along with the momentum from your DI that you have been using up until then and have your choice of exactly how much of that momentum to use (DIing the jump to just barely grab the ledge without your up+b or bringing your DI to neutral to allow for maximum vertical recovery also without your up+B--both of these are good options).

Secondly, and this is the most important, you have more options when you reach the ledge. If your opponent is edgehogging with invincibility frames you can use your double jump to stall for a moment and then use Dolphin Blade to connect with the edge, perhaps even stagespiking them (you can also stall even more with the first hit of Dancing Blade if you haven't used your vertical lift yet).

Thirdly, Marth has some landing lag built in if you stop Dolphin Blade early by hitting the edge. Avoid this at all costs. One way you can do that is by saving your double jump to grab the edge without using it.

Do you see what I mean here?

Also, rarely ever use the option to jump from the ledge. There are few times to do this and I'm sure you can pick up on those (one situation I do this in is in the case of spammers, particularly Fox or Falco, allowing myself to airdodge in between that first jump, my double jump, and my lift from Dancing Blade to reach them without getting hit). Otherwise, get into the habit of pressing away from the stage on the control stick and using your double jump immediately to get onto the stage while using an f-air or n-air. You can also use the f-air or n-air and not land on the stage but regrab the edge again to stall more. It's up to you.

Third Video: Nice use of the f-tilt, I must say. At one point your opponent was standing around and using fully charged shieldbreakers when he was clearly not within range. You just sat there cooly until he decided to make an obvious approach and you f-tilted him. Perfect use of this. This move is great for shoving people out of your face and back into the tip zone (I really need to do this more ><;; ).

Definitely using the n-air more which is good, but you still need to work on your spacing and timing. I've seen complete misses in both videos that were not due to your opponent's strange/unpredictable DI (you could easily anticipate where they were going). You should limit your use of Shieldbreaker a bit--or use it better. A good tactic is to use Dancing Blade (as you have been) to make them wary so that they will put up their shield whenever you approach. Then take that time to approach with Shieldbreakers. Or even stop Dancing Blade (if they shield) and use Shieldbreaker. It's great for...breaking shields and also allows for the Spirit Breaker (This is simply when, after breaking someone's shield, you put yourself directly in the tip zone, taunt, and then use a fully charged Shieldbreaker. It's really embarassing for them). Great job hitting him with it after the lag from his Shieldbreaker, though. Anticipating their weakspots is always a good tactic.

Oh, I almost forgot. Use the upsmash a lot less. It doesn't have great range and is only good for hyphen smashing when your opponent is falling. Uptilting is great, though, and you can combo around three from zero percent if you get them in the middle of your blade (and can then procede to u-air, b-air, et cetera). Approach less with double jumps (basically don't use them if you don't have to). I've seen you use them to go farther or stall. Not a great tactic. Giving yourself less options is always bad.

Hm...I think that's about it for now, just keep working on recovery and edgeguarding especially and take a look at what I've said here.

By the way, how did you apply for your title? Where can I go to do that? <.<;;

∫unk

Smash Master
It was hard to watch cause of the quality (why'd you have to play white Marth ><) so I only watched the first stock, but in general your opponent was pretty campy and predictable. If you got in his face more he would have been out of his normal style and would definitely not have played as well. Aggressively approach with d-tilt, well spaced f-airs followed by dancing blade (down combo for shield poke), empty short hops into air dodge shield or roll buffer on the ground, etc.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Thirdly, Marth has some landing lag built in if you stop Dolphin Blade early by hitting the edge. Avoid this at all costs. One way you can do that is by saving your double jump to grab the edge without using it.

Or even stop Dancing Blade (if they shield) and use Shieldbreaker. It's great for...breaking shields and also allows for the Spirit Breaker (This is simply when, after breaking someone's shield, you put yourself directly in the tip zone, taunt, and then use a fully charged Shieldbreaker. It's really embarassing for them). Great job hitting him with it after the lag from his Shieldbreaker, though. Anticipating their weakspots is always a good tactic.
1. I'm pretty sure if you use get up or roll onto the ledge, the lag disappears. It only reappears if you tried to jump/airdodge onto the stage after you Dolphin Slash. Also, you can just fall and then rejump onto the ledge and the lag is gone too, allowing you to jump back onto the stage or whatever.

2. Telling ANYONE to taunt after they succeeded in gaining such a big advantage is bad IMO. I mean, you could if you want, but isn't blasting them away with another Shieldbreaker good enough? Plus, I'd be spending that taunting time finding the PERFECT spot to tip them(but my vision is bad, so I guess it might be different for you).

3. Spirit Breaker...? SPIRIT BREAKER?! MAJIN RENGOKUSATSU!

Seriously, this is not Tales of Destiny 2, but I lol'd when you mentioned that.

Good analysis though. I'm usually too lazy to bother analyzing, or it's always overlooked (especially on GameFAQs, lawl). <_<

Maybe I'll watch your (feardragon's) newer videos and do some critiquing myself, but I doubt it's really useful at this point.

EDIT: Okay, Proverbs basically analyzed everything solid. So follow what he said for the most part.

The only thing I disagree on is Nair over Fair though. Nair is good, like really good, but it's better as a pressure tool so that your foe doesn't want to use aerials/anti-air. Using it for approaching is risky, and more often or not, will lead you to space improperly and be punished. Use it sparingly and keep it as a pressure tool/anti-air attack/kill move instead.

Although if you're confident, you can try to use Nair as an approacher just for a surprise, but I would not make it the bread and butter of your Marth.

Also, my eyes hurt from the quality. Do you upload the videos from the camera by that firewire plug thingy? If so, couldn't you connect the camera to your TV/VHS/DVD player or something? Recording raw like that really hurts the eyes (white Marth didn't help either, I kept thinking you were the black one, lol).

Let me try to find a vid that shows how to record decent vids by camera:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mRUsfZpZBkQ

Also, I think Wal-Mart is having a sale on DVD recorders. I bought one for just 100 (usually 175+) and a 25 pack of DVD-RWs just for $10. Don't know if the sale is universal, but it allowed me to put videos on Youtube. =P

Although stick with your camera if you can do that thing in the video/can't afford anything else.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Ya sorry about that junk. I can't wait till I go to college and I start using my laptop for playing so I can screen record instead of crappy digital camera video recording -.-
But hm, I'll try and be a bit more mindful about my opponent's playstyle as well =]

And lol viet, I don't let any of my replies go overlooked. I read em all and think about everything I'm told X_X I'd love if you'd also review my marth =]

Thanks again guys, more feedback would be loved! =] (I'll try and see if my old videocamera has better quality)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
2. Telling ANYONE to taunt after they succeeded in gaining such a big advantage is bad IMO. I mean, you could if you want, but isn't blasting them away with another Shieldbreaker good enough? Plus, I'd be spending that taunting time finding the PERFECT spot to tip them(but my vision is bad, so I guess it might be different for you).

3. Spirit Breaker...? SPIRIT BREAKER?! MAJIN RENGOKUSATSU!

Seriously, this is not Tales of Destiny 2, but I lol'd when you mentioned that.
I'd have to disagree. You have a ridiculous amount of time during after they break their shield. In fact, one time my friend and I were trying to play online, and I had a friend over. So while we were waiting for people to join, him and I played a little game. Each of us tried to KO sandbag before the other. Now, at one point during this, I had broken his shield. I had time to run over to sandbag, f-smash it so it would get KOed and he could do nothing about it, run back to him, taunt, find the perfect point to hit him with shieldbreaker, and get in a fully charged one just as he came back to his senses.

If you really wanted to, you could probably use all three taunts and get a fully charged shieldbreaker. And even if you don't get the perfect spot, it's hard for anyone at any percent to survive a fully charged shieldbreaker. So taunting is definitely a fine option and it ends up in extreme hilarity.

Top Bottom