• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

REL38

Smash Lord
Yo, guys.

All's I ask is that if Zelda be given pro archer skills based off of a single instance of her using bow/arrows then White Pikmin should be given back their poison fumes based off of a single instance.

Being selective about such a thing is downright unfair :/

UncleSam

Smash Master
Yo, guys.

All's I ask is that if Zelda be given pro archer skills based off of a single instance of her using bow/arrows then White Pikmin should be given back their poison fumes based off of a single instance.

Being selective about such a thing is downright unfair :/
WHAT!?
I have nothing to say on the zelda matter but in neither brawl or any pikmin game have the white pikmin been able to breathe out toxins to take out predators or w/e.

REL38

Smash Lord
WHAT!?
I have nothing to say on the zelda matter but in neither brawl or any pikmin game have the white pikmin been able to breathe out toxins to take out predators or w/e.

When you first encounter White Pikmin, they "cough" out a poison cloud.

Only one instance, sure.
But Zelda only uses bow/arrow in one instance (end of game) with no explaination of her "out of the blue" archer skills.

If Zelda gets pro archer skills on a single instance (end of game), then why call White Pikmin poison fumes as null?

Sounds very selective if ya ask me :/

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
cavalry Archery Requires A Buttload Of Skill To Do Properly. Zelda Has Shown To Be Able To Hit Moving Targets In Horses Quite Accurately. Zelda Probably Has The Skill To Use The Bow. Not The Muscles, But The Skill.

And Regarding The Pikmen: They Are Not Starfish Aliens That Developed In An Environment Extremely Different From Ours. Hell, It Has Been Heavily Implied That The Game Takes Place In Earth:

This Means That Pikmen Should Have Extremely Similar Evolutionary Lines As Our Own. This Means That They Should Not Be Able To Expell Toxic Fumes. Not To Mention That That Toxic Fumes Thing Was Probably The Only Way To Show In-game That Those Pikmen Are Poisonous.

How Else Would They Show It Without Prematurely Killing A Brand New Pikmin Mid-introduction?

Also: http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/brute_knuckles

This Is The Brute Knuckle. Getting It Gives Olimar The Rocket Fist Ability.

http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/rocket_fist

Notice The Similarities:

Roketto Panchiiiiii

>_>

JOE!

Smash Hero
When you first encounter White Pikmin, they "cough" out a poison cloud.

Only one instance, sure.
But Zelda only uses bow/arrow in one instance (end of game) with no explaination of her "out of the blue" archer skills.

If Zelda gets pro archer skills on a single instance (end of game), then why call White Pikmin poison fumes as null?

well, theres a distinct difference between the two.

Zelda (as a character, nto an instance) has shown on more than one occasion the ability to wield the bow and arrow to assist link (Vs ganondorf), and not just in a cutscene either, she goes on throughout two boss fights with it.

The white pikmin displayed the "ability" to emit poison in the first cutscene when you get them. It is only a cough, and as others have mentioned, it was probably to show that they have a poison specialty. If we want we could do the same with the purple pikmin who shake the screen in their scene, and let them make earthquakes. (lol...but you get the idea)

The white pikmin never display the ability ever again in-game, and it is contained to that 1 white coughing, once. Zelda displays here skill in-game for extented periods, and in multiple games.

REL38

Smash Lord
well, theres a distinct difference between the two.

Zelda (as a character, nto an instance) has shown on more than one occasion the ability to wield the bow and arrow to assist link (Vs ganondorf), and not just in a cutscene either, she goes on throughout two boss fights with it.

The white pikmin displayed the "ability" to emit poison in the first cutscene when you get them. It is only a cough, and as others have mentioned, it was probably to show that they have a poison specialty. If we want we could do the same with the purple pikmin who shake the screen in their scene, and let them make earthquakes. (lol...but you get the idea)

The white pikmin never display the ability ever again in-game, and it is contained to that 1 white coughing, once. Zelda displays here skill in-game for extented periods, and in multiple games.
Every Zelda in every LoZ game is a different person in a different timeline.
Zelda from Wind Waker is not the same Zelda as the one in Twilight Princess.
She didn't "grow up" and keep said archer skills. She's a completely different person in every game. Due to the fact that she uses the bow/arrow in one game hardly justifies her knowing how to use it in another cuz "she remembered how".
She has no recollection of past incarnations and thusly every game has her start anew.

Two bosses that are back to back?
She still only uses it at the end of the game with absolutely no explaination of where she got said pro archer skill. If anything, it's the Triforce that is giving her the skills as she gets the bow/arrow via magic and somehow automatically knows how to use dead accurate targeting in both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

The White Pikmin coughing poison is canon.
There is nothing that says they can't emit poison.
Heck, the game makes mention of their poison abilities two more times.

1. When they traverse poison spouts.
2. When one is eaten.

The Purple Pikmin shake the screen when you first encounter them, yes.
They also shake the screen when you throw them.
But suggesting that they have "earthquake" properties is completely unrealistic.
But giving the White Pikmin poison fumes is realistic.

JOE!

Smash Hero
the problem with the zelda argument you have is that, even tho theyre different zeldas, theyre all "Zelda" the character, much how like all the links are consolidated seeing as theyre all "link"

and the whites may need a bit more discussing, seeing as unlike zelda, they have absolutley no gameplay involving emiting poison, just being immune to, and containing poison that kills enemies when theyre eaten.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
he's over 9000 years old :O
We Saiyans retain our youth so even though I'm 21, I look like I'm 14 w/ facial hair.;)

you guys are making me feel old.

Lol. I mean, US has been around for how long now? And Idk how Norris ages so I can't comment on that...

anywho, zelda wins this fight of princesses?

Sure does. Marth is a princess that lacks ovaries.

REL38

Smash Lord
the problem with the zelda argument you have is that, even tho theyre different zeldas, theyre all "Zelda" the character, much how like all the links are consolidated seeing as theyre all "link"

and the whites may need a bit more discussing, seeing as unlike zelda, they have absolutley no gameplay involving emiting poison, just being immune to, and containing poison that kills enemies when theyre eaten.
"Zelda" is the same in spirit in every game, but not the same person.

Consolidation of Triforce characters in and of itself isn't a very grand idea.
We never smoshed OoT, TP, LoZ and WW Ganon together because they're different in every game.

If you consolidate Zelda's, then Ganon's should be smoshed into one.
Not a good idea.

In spirit, she's the same person, but as a person she's not.
Thusly, pro archer are in no way inherent or remembered.

Cutscenes often times show certain things that are completely canon, but aren't featured during gameplay.
Ex. In Sonic Heroes, Amy is shown to read an news article about Sonic.
Even though said newspaper has no usage during gameplay, it reveals tge Sonic Universe has newspapers. Thusly canon.

White Pikmin don't use poison fumes during gameplay for a number of reasons:

1. New Pikmin are now broken.
Purple Pikmin are almost as broken as Metaknight. A group of a measly 5 Purple is all a good player needs to take down 90% of enemies (including bosses).
Giving White the command of effective poison fumes is like giving GaymanWatch more range. They're good as they stand.

2. Poison fumes has zero effect on all enemies in Pikmin 2.
All enemies freely walk through poison spouts with no drawback. No damage. Nothing.
Giving White a useless ability in-game is pointless and redundant.

3. Too complicated for use in-game.
Guarantee they'd limit use of poison fumes via some gauge.
Usage would require its own button.
Usage would require seperating Pikmin just to use it.
Accidental button press would cause every Pikmin to get poisoned.
It'd make things more hectic during battle.
A damage ratio would need to be put into place against all enemies.
Poison spouts would need to be positioned differently to keep enemies from killing themselves via the environment. That's near impossible since everytime you go underground, the environment is near always different. Too much programing to keep poison useful.

My only gripe is that everything be fair across the board :/

UncleSam

Smash Master

She basically hangs around for the final boss fight in WW pelting ganondorf with your bow as well.
there is more than 1 instance for Zelda
EDIT: missed the other stuff, but you can get the pikmin stuff right?
figure out zelda for yourselves just leave the other one out of this.
only one for pikmin which didn't have any effect on anything or led to anything except for an assumption.
Zelda actually did something, for pikmin that 5 second cutscene was to let the little 4 year olds know that you can kill stuff by making them kamikaze on random creatures.
lemme re-write this.
actually I'm keeping this part:
Zelda actually did something, for pikmin that 5 second cutscene was to let the little 4 year olds know that you can kill stuff by making them kamikaze on random creatures.
Ok so, I have nothing to say on the Zelda part. My alter ego can handle that.
As for dem white pikmin as I have said b4
for pikmin that 5 second cutscene was to let the little 4 year olds know that you can kill stuff by making them kamikaze on random creatures.
each pikmin was developed for a certain element that they can take advantage of:
Red are resistant(retardant? maybe) to ph13r
Yellow are resistant to electricity
Blue have gills (or are just bad***)
purple are fat and really strong
white have an internal toxin which effects someone(something) through digestion.

never at any time (in game/in barlw) do you see them doing that.
If you walk around with 100 white pikmin you don't see them breathing out this toxin.

EDIT2: I'm apparently at 48 how'd I skip 5 posts?

EDIT: ONEZ Adum is going to post

EDIT4?: nvm

REL38

Smash Lord
Except the manner by which she auto-knows how to use em' is the problem.

No explaination of where she got said archer skills.
She just has them.
The fact she obtains em' by magic is enough to suggest she only has said skill via magic.

Upon first encounter, Pikmin reveal what they can do.
Purple demonstrate weight.
Blue are already in the water.
Red demonstrate nothing.
Yellow demonstrate electrical spark.
White demonstrate poison fume.

So why would a demonstration be given of what all can do except Red?
What they demonstrate is canon, be it 5 seconds or 5 minutes.
They have shown the ability to perform said action, but certain abilities have zero usage against enemies (electricity, poison, fire).

To further my point, a 6th Pikmin-like ally, the Bulbmin, is immune to fire, water, poison and electricity.
It also gets its own cutscene.
So why doesn't the Bulbmin spurt poison fumes, spark electricity or demonstrate fire?
But rather have the ship tell you what its abilities are?

The developers had White release poison to show their ability.
They did so via cutscene.
I've already said why implenting it in-game is useless.

In actuality, the cutscene says nothing about "if enemies eat it, they get poisoned!"
Rather, the ship tells you when one is actually eaten.
The cutscene showing a White exhale poison hardly makes a kid think, "sacrifice em' to kill!", when enemies are already shown to resist poison spouts. If anything, it makes a kid think, "cooooooool!"

White exhaling poison is canon. Implementing it in-game would only screw you over.

wonders when they catch on . . .

UncleSam

Smash Master
White exhaling poison is canon. Implementing it in-game would only screw you over.

wonders when they catch on . . .
They haven't...
wait a sec.
Upon first encounter, Pikmin reveal what they can do.
Purple demonstrate weight.
Blue are already in the water.
Red demonstrate nothing.
Yellow demonstrate electrical spark.
White demonstrate poison fume.
Reds demonstrate nothing
yellows demonstrate nothing
blues are already in water
purples demonstrate strength
whites are shown to be poisonous.

in Pikmin 2 nothing is ever discovered until further testing of the species. that one poof could be a small representation yes but it leads to nothing. only until you see that indigestion kills stuff with whites.

say what you want for zelda but in every game that breath couldn't do anything.

REL38

Smash Lord
They haven't...
wait a sec.

Reds demonstrate nothing
yellows demonstrate nothing
blues are already in water
purples demonstrate strength
whites are shown to be poisonous.

in Pikmin 2 nothing is ever discovered until further testing of the species. that one poof could be a small representation yes but it leads to nothing. only until you see that indigestion kills stuff with whites.

say what you want for zelda but in every game that breath couldn't do anything.

Yellow give off sparks at their cheeks.
Just so ya know :p

In regards to discovery, that isn't the absolute.
As I said, Bulbmin aren't tested at all. The ship outright tells ya Bulbmin are immune to everything (electricity, fire, water, poison).
In the first Pikmin game, Olimar doesn't need to take off his space helmet to reveal the air is toxic. But it's said later in his journal.

Another example, not a single Pikmin is required to be lost in order for the enemy log for the Bulborb to reveal they have an insatiable appetite.

White Pikmin only appeared in Pikmin 2.
The fact they exhaled poison is enough proof that they can do it.
Claiming it as a gameplay mechanic or plot mechanic can be said of about anything if you put your mind to it, but it's still completely canon.

Zelda's pro archer skills can also be passed off as plot mechanic due to it only happening at the end of the game and her retrieving said bow/arrow via magic which can further support her obtaining said skills by said magic. No explaination makes matters more topsy-turvey.

It's the double-standard that's irking me >___>

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@ REL
Just so you know, Zelda probably never helps out because she's kidnapped most of the time...she is a princess you know, and most princesses...well I won't get into that...

REL38

Smash Lord
@ REL
Just so you know, Zelda probably never helps out because she's kidnapped most of the time...she is a princess you know, and most princesses...well I won't get into that...
It could be argued that since she's a princess, she wouldn't have any of the toned muscle she was given.

But that's not my point nor am I arguing whether or not she has the strength to pull the bow/arrow.

JOE!

Smash Hero
she wasnt given toned muscle, she was simply given skill with the bow and arrow.

also, as for your Triforce character consolidation, you answered your own question:

Zelda never really changes from game to game, and link only really gets different weapons. Ganon is drastically different from game to game, so he cannot be consolidated like the other two.

and again, Zelda is shown in more than one instance that she can use the bow and arrow. he fact taht she can also weild a sword shows she has some weapon know-how in the first place, so it's not a stretch to say she can learn archery.

the white pikmin however have like, a half second where one coughs and puprple crap comes out. Is that truly enough evidence to give them a whole new ability they never display evidence of again? That's like saying Diddy can use a cannon because he used one on krool's ship in DKC.

sure, it was shown, but is it an ability, or an instance?

REL38

Smash Lord
she wasnt given toned muscle, she was simply given skill with the bow and arrow.

also, as for your Triforce character consolidation, you answered your own question:

Zelda never really changes from game to game, and link only really gets different weapons. Ganon is drastically different from game to game, so he cannot be consolidated like the other two.

and again, Zelda is shown in more than one instance that she can use the bow and arrow. he fact taht she can also weild a sword shows she has some weapon know-how in the first place, so it's not a stretch to say she can learn archery.

the white pikmin however have like, a half second where one coughs and puprple crap comes out. Is that truly enough evidence to give them a whole new ability they never display evidence of again? That's like saying Diddy can use a cannon because he used one on krool's ship in DKC.

sure, it was shown, but is it an ability, or an instance?
Looks the same =/= same person

Making an exception for Zelda alone is hardly a reasonable judgement.
If you were to do that, then all Ganon's should be mixed as well as Link's.
Combo'n YLink and WWLink into adult Link was a bad idea IMO. They aren't the same people :/

Making the exception of combo'n only one of the three LoZ characters isn't very fair.
If allowed, what stops us from taking muscle bound OoT Ganon and giving him TP armor w/dual swords from WW?
If allowing consolidation for Zelda is allowed, then have it apply across the board. That means giving Ganon any weapon/armor/body type combination as well for Link.

In regards to the poison, I already explained why it couldn't be properly implemented into gameplay. It would be redundant and useless.
Poison fume = canon

Diddy can try using a cannon, sure.
But how realistic is it for a wild chimpanzee to know how to work a cannon?

Wherelse, exhaled poison is plausible for usage.

Sieguest

Smash Master
REL38 said:
Diddy can try using a cannon, sure.
But how realistic is it for a wild chimpanzee to know how to work a cannon?

How realistic is it for a species with incomplete systems of respiration, digestion, or structure to survive more than a minute in the world?

REL38

Smash Lord
How realistic is it for a species with incomplete systems of respiration, digestion, or structure to survive more than a minute in the world?
Being part plant helps :p

They can possibly breathe via skin or flower/leaf. You know, plants expel our oxygen while breathing in our carbon w/e.

They get their nutrients from the ground while growing. They absorb a nectar of some sorts to sprout flowers. Photosynthesis and all that jazz.

Bodies have an exoskeleton-like structure. Being part plant and animal can offer normal movement via evolution.

JOE!

Smash Hero

the links, all of them, were made into just "link" due to there being no true difference between them all: Ylink and OoT link are teh same exact dude for example, and WW link has no difference other than age.

What the heck is different between zelda appearances besides age and the cartoony style?

Ganon varies so much more between appearances than these two it's not right to make comparisons...

1st he's musclebound, then old with armor, then husky in a kimono, each with different weapons. He even has different heights.

REL38

Smash Lord

the links, all of them, were made into just "link" due to there being no true difference between them all: Ylink and OoT link are teh same exact dude for example, and WW link has no difference other than age.

What the heck is different between zelda appearances besides age and the cartoony style?

Ganon varies so much more between appearances than these two it's not right to make comparisons...

1st he's musclebound, then old with armor, then husky in a kimono, each with different weapons. He even has different heights.
I can see why the younger Link's were combo'd, but tossing them into the kettle of "Link" in general is kinda meh.
Even if kid Link is essentially a weaker adult Link, he's still different enough to hold as his own character.
The difference between all Link's is equipment.
OoT Link has no chain-mail, for example.
I'm hardly knowledgable with LoZ lore so I can't really make much more examples.

Zelda is shown to do absolutely nothing, help with bow/arrow, actively help and command a ship (Wind Waker) and use a sword; all in different games.
I really don't see why she should get the exception of combo'n, but poor ol' Ganon can't

:/

JOE!

Smash Hero
actually, no.

in both WW AND TP she helped with the arrows, and used a sword. only in WW did she command a ship however.

Link and Zelda get comboed because there are no truly significant differences between each appearance like there is with ganon.

Zelda is essentially 100% the same between games, and Link just barely changes equipment (Ylink is even the exact same person as normal link, should we count baby mario as a different character as mario?)

Ganon changes between games in both physique, (powers), weapons and armor. I think thats enough to warrant them as seperate versions of the character Ganondorf, whereas you could essentially interchange OoT link and TP link, and just say one looks differently due to an updated look or N64 gfx, wheras if you talkj about Ganondorf, you need to specify which appearance.

REL38

Smash Lord
actually, no.

in both WW AND TP she helped with the arrows, and used a sword. only in WW did she command a ship however.

Link and Zelda get comboed because there are no truly significant differences between each appearance like there is with ganon.

Zelda is essentially 100% the same between games, and Link just barely changes equipment (Ylink is even the exact same person as normal link, should we count baby mario as a different character as mario?)

Ganon changes between games in both physique, (powers), weapons and armor. I think thats enough to warrant them as seperate versions of the character Ganondorf, whereas you could essentially interchange OoT link and TP link, and just say one looks differently due to an updated look or N64 gfx, wheras if you talkj about Ganondorf, you need to specify which appearance.
I guess so.
Worth a shot to make Ganon somewhat better >__>

Regardless, arrow usage is still used at the end of the game with no prior explaination of her archer skills. If anything, she gets said skills via magic from the Triforce.
The fact she gets the Light Arrow/Bow implies even more the usage of magic being involved.

There is no explaination, but she is still given pro archer skills.
tbh I'm not really against this at all.
Rather, I'm against the double-standard of allowing an ability that has no explaination for one character, but not for another.

Zelda has pro archer skills with no explaination, but White Pikmin are denied poison fumes with no explaination?
Both of which only happen in canon instances?

JOE!

Smash Hero
the difference here is that the story of the Zelda games give her a backdrop for why should would have them and even how:

In OoT, she = shiek, who was trained (presumably) by her caretaker, who was a true Sheika, thus she would have knowledge of combat or at least self-defense, and thus most likely weaponary/archery.

In TP she clearly knows of weaponary in the way she handled the sword during Zant's invasion (even though she had to surrender) the way she held it was proper in form, something a girl who just picked a sword up likley wouldnt know. This again shows her knowledge of weaponary, and thus makes it feasable she may know other forms.

Finally, in both TP and WW (not to mention in WW she has pirate skills, but w/e) she is shown in actual gameplay to wield the bow and arrow. ALso, it is good to note that she really doesnt posess much magic, just keen intellect and wisdom from...the triforce of wisdom. The only magic about the arrows is the power they gain vs Ganondorf from being light arrows. Link has access to these two, and they dont differ from normal arrows other than they do better damage and help in certain puzzles.

In contrast, the white pikmin give no evidence outside of a 1 second long cough by 1 white pikmin in 1 cutscene, and never again in the game at all. Even though it shows a cough, do they regularly do this? It didnt show poison expelled after, when it is clearly moving a bit, it surley should have inhaled/exhaled.unless they only have a bit of poison stored, and that one happened to waste it in a burp/cough?

anywho, the difference here isnt that im being selective, it's just that Zelda has much more support for her ability than the white pikmin do.

And again, yeah, it would make ganon better, but it's also like if we made mario really thin and stubbier legs to make sure paper mario gets rep for him too.

REL38

Smash Lord
@JOE

In OoT, did the Sheika race ever use bow/arrows?
If their society have not used bow/arrows, then it's improbable she recieved bow/arrow training.

Bow/arrow usage has always been end game, correct?
If it has, then what explaination is there for Zelda auto-knowing how to use one?
Can it not be drawn that the only sensible reasoning behind this is that the Triforce gave her the knowledge of auto-knowing how to use it?

In regards to White Pikmin, that one cutscene is still canon.
I've already said why further usage of this ability in-game will only screw the player over.
Constant inhale/exhale would only kill your own Pikmin.
Breathable poison is useless against all enemies as they're immune.
It's implementation would only complicate gameplay.
Having a small cloud appear in front of every White after every breathe while running, attacking, carrying, being thrown and constant shift in numbers would simply be far too much for the engine to handle.

Poison usage can very well be limited.
Chances are, they don't constantly breathe out poison. Rather, a stored amount.

There is nothing unrealistic about expelled poison.
One time usage =/= they never had it

Nova9000

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yTX7DfSD5U
@ 4:59
That seems...improbable...look how quickly that evaporated, even if it was decided to become realistic.
And last I checked, Pikmin have to be consumed for the poison to be consumed.
It would kill the surrounding pikmin anyway and maybe even Olimar for that matter.
That's probably why he doesn't have that ability in the first place...
Make your case for Zelda but don't drag Pikmin in it just to give him a fighting chance.

REL38

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yTX7DfSD5U
@ 4:59
That seems...improbable...look how quickly that evaporated, even if it was decided to become realistic.
And last I checked, Pikmin have to be consumed for the poison to be consumed.
It would kill the surrounding pikmin anyway and maybe even Olimar for that matter.
That's probably why he doesn't have that ability in the first place...
Make your case for Zelda but don't drag Pikmin in it just to give him a fighting chance.
Do you know what gas it is that makes it unrealistic based only on the fact of how long it stayed visible?
It's an unknown gas that would derive from the poison within it.

As I already said a bunch of times, it can't be implemented in-game for a number of reasons that would only harm gameplay.

How does Olimar use em'?
Disband the Pikmin and select.
Distract with the main group (attack) and expose poison to the enemy.

Based off of one instance (collection of unrelated instances), Zelda is being given an ability that has had no explaination.
But White were stripped of their ability due to one instance with no explaination.

lolwut?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Do you know what gas it is that makes it unrealistic based only on the fact of how long it stayed visible?
It's an unknown gas that would derive from the poison within it.

As I already said a bunch of times, it can't be implemented in-game for a number of reasons that would only harm gameplay.

How does Olimar use em'?
Disband the Pikmin and select.
Distract with the main group (attack) and expose poison to the enemy.

Based off of one instance (collection of unrelated instances), Zelda is being given an ability that has had no explaination.
But White were stripped of their ability due to one instance with no explaination.

lolwut?
And like I said before, make your case for Olimar either when the match happens or in the back room. If you believe Zelda doesn't have adequate training, then fine. Prove that, since we are discussing Marth and Zelda. But don't use that assumption as a medium to introduce another variable for Olimar when he isn't in this MU. I'll answer your questions in the back room but until Olimar is in a current MU let the thread go one to another MU.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Nova

Fair enough.

Zelda uses her arrows via magic from the Triforce which gives her the knowledge of how to use said arrows.
She's had no training or explaination of where she got arrow skills.
If anything, she gets the knowledge of how to use it once she gets the Light Arrows which is by magic.

Not realistic.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
That could be true. But remember Ganon and Link also have triforces as well. Ganon already deemed to have power (he over threw the king at that time) and Link already proved to be brave (the guy went through 3 dungeons, one being a fish's stomach). They both recieved their respected triforce parts with respects to power and courage. So off of that, Zelda has to know of something in a sense(she had a plan as a kid at least). So using the triforce as the reason why she's skilled with a bow doesn't seem fitting.

Sieguest

Smash Master

They can possibly breathe via skin or flower/leaf. You know, plants expel our oxygen while breathing in our carbon w/e.

They get their nutrients from the ground while growing. They absorb a nectar of some sorts to sprout flowers. Photosynthesis and all that jazz.

Bodies have an exoskeleton-like structure. Being part plant and animal can offer normal movement via evolution.
1. Only being shown with a skeletal system and a flower doesn't provide passage for respiration through out the entire body

2. It's missing a circulatory system, even plants have that (in a sense) Xylem and Pholem

3. With only a small flower at most, photosynthesis is limited for the Pikmin, it's improbable to provide enough energy to even engage in strenuous activity for more than a minute.

UncleSam

Smash Master

1. Only being shown with a skeletal system and a flower doesn't provide passage for respiration through out the entire body

2. It's missing a circulatory system, even plants have that (in a sense) Xylem and Pholem

3. With only a small flower at most, photosynthesis is limited for the Pikmin, it's improbable to provide enough energy to even engage in strenuous activity for more than a minute.
First of all...
plants don't breathe! they intake CO2 and sunlight to release oxygen and store sugars. Plants wouldn't do very well as moving active things unless they have both respiratory cycles of plants and animals. which would mean everything is internal except for the sunlight which is an external source.
they'd run like a solar powered human I guess.
W/O sunlight they'd shut down.

you know what? I'm calling pikmin plantimals now.
it's their scientific term that I just made up. get used to it.

REL38

Smash Lord

1. Respitory via skin can plausibly work and activate once they venture above ground. Their skin type and the like are unknown. Having an almost tranparent nose applies as well.

2. Can plausibly have a substitute within the body.
Their anatomy is unknown.

3. Plants on the Pikmin planet are shown to rapidly create photosynthesis.
Pikmin sprout a flower after almost a day after being planted.
Flower pellets develop at a fraction of that. In a matter of RL hours.
Photosynthesis is also present in the Creeping Chrysantheom is a much, much larger advisery and relative of Pikmin has full mobility off of photosynthesis alone.
Pikmin can also obtain nutrients from nectar.

But I digress . . .

@Nova
Ganon has displayed power and rulership via storyline and in-game and explained.
Link demonstrates bravery in-game and storyline and explained.

Zelda has archery skills that are only displayed, what, once during gameplay?
A few in storyline?
With no explaination?

So she gets archer skills?

*better explaination than mine*

you know what? I'm calling pikmin plantimals now.
it's their scientific term that I just made up. get used to it.
I remember Pikmin having an actual legit scientific name (as all creatures in Pikmin 2) in one of the logbooks.
I'll have to check :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
for the love of...

Rel, zelda doesnt magically get the skills, if she shows it multiple times throughout the series.

I mean, do we even know what the hell she is doing throughout the time Link is on his adventures? And as I said at the top of the page, she has knowledge of weaponary, so it isnt far-fetched that she would know how to use a bow. Just because she uses light arrows does not mean her skill with the bow is magic. Link uses light arrows too, is his skill magic?

Top Bottom