• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
one thing, you need force to break the spine, accounting for the angle of the scutes and the all ready low chance that ganon makes contact with the shell itself instead of hitting a spike over the amount of shell there is absorbing the blow force significantly lowers the amount of force exerted on the shell won't be enough to break jack
How is it low chance?
with increased mobility?
question mark?

you are also talking about 1 hit, if you really read Adumbrodeus's posts you'd see that he was talking about multiple hits in one area.
If bowser is going to move Ganondorf is going to reposition himself, because Ganondorf is behind bowser, and bowser wont be able to see him. he'll be attempting to rotate, which he can't do very well so it gives many open windows of opportunity.
there are also multiple areas behind bowser that isn't shell (head, tail)

REL38

Smash Lord
*wall I only skimmed through*

So in all- taking into account everything people have brought up over this whole MU and either confirming it or contradicting it You would see bowser more likely with more kills out of a thousand...
my thinking
550-450 Bowser's favor...

EDIT: Oh, and I did an average of heights myself as well (excluded Super Mario Sunshine, and still managed to achieve an average of around 13 ft (12.54 to be exact)
*shrugs*

Sure, why not?
btw
Did you count the Bowser in Luigi's Mansion?
Cuz that's a Bowser costume, not actually Bowser.

@Sam

I thrown sword to the tail?
He'd need to arc the throw to even hit the back of the head.
Very, very low chance of hitting.

Sieguest

Smash Master
How is it low chance?
with increased mobility?
question mark?

you are also talking about 1 hit, if you really read Adumbrodeus's posts you'd see that he was talking about multiple hits in one area.
If bowser is going to move Ganondorf is going to reposition himself, because Ganondorf is behind bowser, and bowser wont be able to see him. he'll be attempting to rotate, which he can't do very well so it gives many open windows of opportunity.
there are also multiple areas behind bowser that isn't shell (head, tail)
Bowsers shell has multiple spikes on it.
one for each scute. Meaning there's little room for error in a swing, if ganon hits a spike, it's a wasted shot

For full force, Ganon wants to hit bowser at a right angle,
well the scutes are angled, so that makes it even harder for a good blow, and the fact that bowser could be moving makes it even harder to land a solid blow,

all these factors make the sword slide more than slam, significantly reducing power, making the back a less safe option

JOE!

Smash Hero
time to pull out the lol-diagram

these are the size differentials we are dealing with here.

bowser is 13ft, Ganon 8ft.

Me and Marthage's estimates put ganon's reach at about 8.2feet at the tip of the sword, arm fully out straight.

Bowser's reach however is in the area of 9.5, outstretched.

Another factor would be that Ganon wouldn't necessarily attack fully outstretched due to the way the arm/hand works, while bowser would be due to him attacking via his "fingernails".

now onto the topic of height issues:

Ganon would have trouble influencing the spine because looking at his height, reach, and the shape of bowser's shell: Hitting with the tip anywhere but the lower back wont really do much.

from the sides most likely the body of the blade will hit, and with it not much energy would be produced (see levers kids) compared to the ideal hit with the tip, and marthage's point about the shell's shape comes into play.

Second issue is that now he has to deal with going for the back of the shell...which means going all the way around bowser. Bowser, contrary to popular belief, could actually turn rather swiftly tanks to the way he'd move on all fours.

Try this out, get on your hands and knees, and without bending your back, using only your arms and legs, pivot all the way around quickly.

Not too hard, is it? Bowser is built like this. His arms are massive compared to his body, and with those suckers holding him up he could easily still only be 11-12 foot at the top of his head.

On top of this, the comparison to a human on all fours to bowser is simple: Look at his rounded feet and big arms, the same way you did he can drag his body around quickly, using his feet as pivot points as his arms help support. Bowser should have little trouble keeping Ganon from his rear.

back to reach:

this is important in that in order to do anything, Ganon must close in. Now that we have approximated bowser's turning abilities, Ganon has to essentially face bowser head on. From here, Bowser has over a foot of reach compared to Ganon, and is much more forgiving on hit.

What i mean by this is simple:

If Ganon hits one of bowser's arms, he has a spare to attack back with, and kill Ganon. he also most likely wont die.

If bowser hits ganon's arm, it will most likely be rendered useless, as well as Ganon suffering internal trauma due to the principles of impact, and probably knocked on his arse. From here, Bowser can pretty much do anything he wants, especially if it were the sword arm.

The reach issue also helps if bowser say, takes a hit with one arm, and reaches in with the other. Bowser now has grabbed Ganon,
(and grab release ensues)
and he cannot really retaliate as his sword is either in bowser's injured arm, or is out of the way for a decent counter.

Ganon will then be at his mercy as he is off his feet (no power from his legs/hips anymore) and in the clutches of something about 14x heavier than he is.

In short: Size matters.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Bowsers shell has multiple spikes on it.
one for each scute.
can I has a pic. of bowsers back?
Meaning there's little room for error in a swing, if ganon hits a spike, it's a wasted shot
what material is the spike.
also,there is a bunch of room inbetween spikes, for something as large as bowser it'd be hard, but since Ganondorf is so small apparently there is more room.
For full force, Ganon wants to hit bowser at a right angle,
well the scutes are angled,
*needs a pic of his back...*
so that makes it even harder for a good blow, and the fact that bowser could be moving makes it even harder to land a solid blow,
bowser has limited pivoting, didn't I explain the center of gravity?
even more proof that nobody seems to read my post. and it was from Guest. disgraceful
all these factors make the sword slide more than slam, significantly reducing power, making the back a less safe option
again back pic.
and more options.

I don't get it, nobody seems to get it and it makes me want to post less (reason adum left)
ganondorf is going to lose because I'm not here...
lolwow, that's happened alot. makes me feel horrible :(
EDIT: I thought I told you, a Zewilander is 6ft giving Ganondorf a 10ft reach.
>_>
again people have stopped listening, makes me want to leave...

lol this thread is gonna die again.

JOE!

Smash Hero
sam, he doesnt have a zweil, he has the sword found in that pic., the twilight Sword thingy

and it is about 5ft.

his arm reach is about...3.2ft.

8.2ft reach

Sieguest

Smash Master

can I has a pic. of bowsers back?

will edit one in

what material is the spike.
also,there is a bunch of room inbetween spikes, for something as large as bowser it'd be hard, but since Ganondorf is so small apparently there is more room.
Ganon? Small? Since when?

bowser has limited pivoting, didn't I explain the center of gravity?
even more proof that nobody seems to read my post. and it was from Guest. disgraceful
I read the center of gravity post, but the movement I'm talking about has nothing to do with pivoting in this case, just slight body shifts.

again back pic.
and more options.
will get to :O

I don't get it, nobody seems to get it and it makes me want to post less (reason adum left)
ganondorf is going to lose because I'm not here...
lolwow, that's happened alot. makes me feel horrible :(
You don't get the other side, because the other side doesn't get you, simple err in logic.
EDIT: I thought I told you, a Zewilander is 6ft giving Ganondorf a 10ft reach.
>_>
again people have stopped listening, makes me want to leave...
6ft?
I've been lied to...>___>

lol this thread is gonna die again.
*shrugs* I doubt it

UncleSam

Smash Master
sam, he doesnt have a zweil, he has the sword found in that pic., the twilight Sword thingy

and it is about 5ft.

his arm reach is about...3.2ft.

8.2ft reach
from one arm to the other is approx. your height yes?
so then his arm would be approx half his height minus the length of the collar bone.
And how does Ganondorf not have the Zweihander now?
ok that went too far. wtf
I read the center of gravity post, but the movement I'm talking about has nothing to do with pivoting in this case, just slight body shifts.
how is bowser going to know where ganondorf is going to hit him?
it's all guesswork for bowser once Ganondorf gets behind him.
who knows Ganondorf could climb bowser for a headshot, 1000 possibilities.

EDIT: just for you JOE
wikipedia said:
The Zweihänder could be up to 180 cm (6 ft) long from the base of the pommel to the tip of the blade, with a 120–150 cm (4–5 ft) blade and 30–45 cm (1–1½ ft) hilt. The weight could range between 2 kg and 3.2 kg (4½–7 lb).

Sieguest

Smash Master
I've seen JOE's post so much, like deja vu, he's posted it like 5 times...
ask him.
... too many conflicting things flying around now...

Pro-Ganon says that Ganon has the Zweilhander
Pro-Bowser says he only has his TP sword....

only one way to solve this...

TO THE XAT!

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
.... -___-+ *High Alto Steam Locomotive whistle*

Shut the **** up!!

Here is how Bowser vs. Ganon goes. It all depends on the variant we choose. With Bowser, we use his Mario Game or Brawl appearance, the two most prominent appearances, then with Ganon we have three: OT, TP, and WW. TP is the one we have predominantly chosen. Bowser on the other hand is still in question.

If we use Mario game Bowser, his tree-trunk proportioned arms and legs allow him to be bipedal. Dry Bowser is a mostly non-canon character, it however shows his bone structure. The huge planks are just his rib cage. If Bowser didn't have hip bones, he wouldn't be able to be bipedal in-game AT ALL. Hips bones are therefore a given. You assume he has no hip bones based on the fact you cannot see any on Dry Bowser. The area underneath the rib bones is mysteriously dark, it may be the shell, it may hide hip bones.

If he has no hip bones but is bi-pedal, then it brings the weight of his shell back into question.

Bowser can probably support himself while slightly hunched over. He could also probably support himself with one arm off the ground to be tri-pedal to a lesser extent.

If we use Brawl, then it will be a much tougher battle.

There is another option people are not giving Bowser at all. Bowser has massive strength, therefore leg sweeping is a viable option if Bowser catches him approaching from the front to go for his head. Bowser can interrupt Ganon's overhead swing with a sweeping claw to the legs, making Ganon fall over. Since Bowser can also grab Ganon's leg, this means Bowser can make Ganon vulnerable.

Bowser can also bite at any of Ganon's unprotected parts while he is in this state, his claws also allow for tearing into Ganon. Beaing on the ground with a extremely heavy animal on top of you puts Ganon at a disadvantage. He cannot effectively swing his sword, and while he can throw a punch, assuming he is either left or right handed, the punch will be weaker due to it being his in-dominate arm.

Giving Bowser bombs is unfortunately ridiculous due to the fact he would need to use hands to carry them, even small ones, but even one orange-sized bomb can give him a severe advantage by disorienting Ganon greatly. The pressure wave and concussive force will knock him over, and due to having no head armor, could either kill him, or knock him out, or dizzy him to the point of immobility for a short time.

If Bowser has a hammer (A HAMMER, not HAMMERS), then he is still disadvantaged unless it is proportional to his size, he could then also use it to leg sweep Ganon then whack him over the head. This is also ridiculous though because Bowser, like the bombs, would require the use of one of his hands. He has nowhere to store his weapons.

However, if Bowser is bi-pedal then some of these problems are relieve immensely, and if he had it, would allow the use of a Morning Star-like weapon like the Chomp. The tree-trunk like legs and arms and his being bi-pedal support the idea that Bowser's shell is lighter than it appears.

TL;DR: Bowser is able to be Bi-Pedal because his shell is probably less weighty then it appears. Bombs and Hammers however are out. A iron ball on a chain seems more likely, but brings the added danger of killing himself with it.

If not Bi-Pedal, then Bowser can leg sweep and maul if he gets the chance to sweep Ganondorf's legs. His huge arms and legs make up for his having to be on all fours. He could try running on all fours if forced into this state to an extent.

JOE!

Smash Hero
beren, we are picking up where the original left off.

Bowser has no weapons other than what he was born with, and can be bipedal standing, but not walking.

However, his massive arms allow him to still retain the hunched over state, and still reach out aesily similarly to how a tiger/bear/gorilla lashes out.

he also has a range advantage and an ability to turn like this thanks to the way his legs and feet are shaped, coupled with big arms.

Bowser will almost allways be able to face ganon, and that is where ganon is in trouble

UncleSam

Smash Master
lol JOE gave me the opprotunity to **** the Roy vs. Pit debate.
I tried letting Guest handle it so he can feel my pain but he got shot down by fanboyism.
that's right FEEL MY PAIN.

anyway:
Pit has sword and shield
Roy has chestplate and sword.
question this and look back at the OP you'll notice that this is brawl not canon.

Now, lets look at shields. Sizes of shields vary, there are big shields, and small shields. Pit has a heavy troop shield which would make sense because he's the commander of Platunea's army. He'd have military experience. He's armed with a good shield and a sword. This sword is short so what? nothing can approach him without being shut down with the shield.
Why?
Pit has the opportunity to attack and defend at the same time. Meaning if anything approaches him he can block the strike and parry almost instantaneously.

Now Roy Just has a sword, that means he can't do multiple things at once, the most plausible reason why he has a chestplate. Now, since Roy is lacking he will focus more on range.

This pretty much leads to a tie. Since Pit has the shield he will know not to approach since he doesn't need to he could just lull him into his range and do multiple actions. Roy, knowing Pit has a shield can't get close since he'd get killed with a stab at an open area like the legs, sides and head.
Roy is a righty and Pits shield is on his left arm, so when they face eachother pits shield is right infront of Roys sword making it even harder for Roy to land a blow.
Knowing this neither will try to attack eachother.
whoever approaches will probably lose, so neither will.

JOE!

Smash Hero
anywho, Im gonna edit the chart a final time for Failcon ( :( ) and also for the new Roy vs Pit draw.

then onto round 5

JOE!

Smash Hero

score x4:

:samus2: , :diddy:^ , :ike:^ , :link2:^ , :bowser2:^

score x3:
:ivysaur:

score x2:
:zerosuitsamus: , :fox: , :ness2: , :mario2:

score x1:
:snake: , :dk2:v, :pit:^

score x0:
:warioc: , :pikachu2: , :marth: , :luigi2: , :lucario: , :zelda:/:shiek: , :falco: , :popo:^

score x-1:
:wolf: , :roymelee:v

score x-2:
:lucas: , :metaknight: , :charizard: , :yoshi2:, :peach: , :lucario: , :mewtwo:

score x-3:

score x-4:
:dedede: , :sonic: , :olimar:v , :ganondorf:v , :falcon:v

^ (up from last chart) v (down from last chart)

Current changes per character: round 1 round 2 round 3 round 4

:pit: 0 -1 +1 +1 >>> -1 0 +1 +1

:roymelee: +1 +1 -1 -1 >>> +1 0 -1 -1

:popo: -1 -1 -1 +1 >>> +1 -1 -1 +1

:lucario: +1 -1 +1 -1 >>> -1 -1 +1 -1

:dk2: +1 +1 +1 0 >>> +1 -1 +1 0

:mewtwo: 0 0 -1 +1 >>> -1 -1 -1 +1

:fox: 0 +1 -1 +1 >>> +1 +1 -1 +1

:ness2: +1 0 -1 +1 >>> +1 +1 -1 +1

:olimar: +1 -1 -1 -1 >>> -1 -1 -1 -1

:diddy: -1 +1 +1 +1 >>> +1 +1 +1 +1

:snake: 0 -1 -1 +1 >>> 0 +1 -1 +1

:samus2: 0 +1 +1 +1 >>> +1 +1 +1 +1

:ike: -1 +1 +1 +1 >>> +1 +1 +1 +1

:link2: +1 -1 +1 +1 >>> +1 +1 +1 +1

:bowser2: +1 +1 -1 +1 >>> +1 +1 +1 +1

:ganondorf: +1 +1 +1 -1 >>> -1 -1 -1 -1

:falcon: +1 +1 -1 +1 >>> -1 -1 -1 -1

as one final bit of controversy: DK vs IVY, would the posion really kick in after DK has reached and killed ivy every time?

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
wait...is falcon's gun is a failzer, so is falcos...
How does failcon lose that?

And JOE, I believe the posion(lol) would. I don't think DK KNOWS it's poison, that's the thing...Is DK smart enough to rush in and rush out? Not to mention Ivy would see the giant 10 foot gorilla and **** out so much spore out of fear.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Xeph

. . . . You failed to mention it would still be a TIE.

Donkey Kong is a gorilla and knows not of poison spore-ites which makes it a TIE.

btw
I'd be a TIE.
Just to let ya know JOE.

@JOE
Gattling Gun

Also, why can't Olimar have more than 10 Pikmin?
10 is lolworthy for the game he came from.

JOE!

Smash Hero
how would it be a tie?

before it has been mentioned that his spores kill nigh instantly.

by the time DK gets to Ivy, he's poisoned.

Ivy could move away or such in order for DK to just die...

also, if we give the spacies all the same weapon, why bother with different spacies?

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
how would it be a tie?

before it has been mentioned that his spores kill nigh instantly.

by the time DK gets to Ivy, he's poisoned.

Ivy could move away or such in order for DK to just die...

also, if we give the spacies all the same weapon, why bother with different spacies?
I doubt he'll be able to outrun DK. DK may be poisoned, but he'll still have the time to kill him, and it won't take much.

JOE!

Smash Hero
what Im saying is this:

if DK is moving, he;s circulating the poison, which based on earlier Mus, is nigh instantaneous to take effect.

DK would kill himself faster

tocador

Smash Lord
what Im saying is this:

if DK is moving, he;s circulating the poison, which based on earlier Mus, is nigh instantaneous to take effect.

DK would kill himself faster
I dont know how you guys think ivy can still launch poison.

Its called POISON SPORE, spore can only be produced by fungus, fungus are decomposers, and as such they would kill ivy.

Plus, why would a fungus produce a poisoned spore if it would kill its sperma inside?

With that said, ivy has no poison and looses all of his matches.

Game, set, and match.

Sieguest

Smash Master
.... -___-+ *High Alto Steam Locomotive whistle*

Shut the **** up!!
(didn't get to this till today but wanted to say something)
I pretty much stopped reading after this... cuz I really felt like saying
GET THE **** OUT!!
I dont know how you guys think ivy can still launch poison.

Its called POISON SPORE, spore can only be produced by fungus, fungus are decomposers, and as such they would kill ivy.

Plus, why would a fungus produce a poisoned spore if it would kill its sperma inside?

With that said, ivy has no poison and looses all of his matches.

Game, set, and match.
Toc- tell me what Fungus decompose...>___>

tocador

Smash Lord
You.

For ivy to have a shroom that big, he must have at least 2 fungus inside him.

Shrooms size are based on the fungus size, cause if you dont know, fungus are made of a thing called micela, that is basically the body of the fungus. The shroom itself, its jsut the repoducing thingy of when two or more fungus make contact.

Then, these two giant fungus need food, and what they feed on? Well, fungus are decomposers, the only ones in nature, and they decompose organic matter(aka your flesh or anything they touch inside you) into inorganic matter(amonia, carbon, etc...), so there cant be a "special place" for the fungus to be stored, because they would just eat that storage place.

O yeah, and a caracteristic of the fungus, they all cause a disease, called, "micose"(dont know english name), but its basically the result of it decomposing the hell out of what its eating.

So then, ivy cant produce spore, because its unrealistic for someone to have fungus inside it withought dying. O yeah, and if you ask yourself the size of the micela, its about as big as the shroom/bulb itself.

We shall now describe ivy as a lol-phail character.

Edit: Im not trying to be cocky or anything, but we had this discussion, like, 5 times allready, and JOE! always pulls a bull**** on me and end up letting ivy have spores ¬¬, but yeah this time as we are doing rediscussions, i wont let it happen ^^.

REL38

Smash Lord
@JOE

That's due to the range.
I'd give him 15ft at the very least for his spore-ites.

DK would ram through the spore-ites and have enough time to give Ivy one good swing which is insta-kill. Shortly thereafter, DK feels the effects of the spore-ites in his system and begins to die.

That makes it a TIE.

Increased body rate functions will make the poison work faster, but still give time for DK to. smash Ivy.
That makes it a TIE.

tocador

Smash Lord
O i c, wikipedia lied to me then.

But, applying game mechanics to the mix, unless Ivy used toxic, he will still lose this. Poison powder took ages to kill someone, it was more annoying than deadly. Based on that we can say that it is a slow effect poison, and being said that DK is huge and full of muscle mass, he can and will survive to the seconds he will take to kill ivy.

Case closed?

JOE!

Smash Hero
problem with that toc, is that poison in a form like that wouldnt be that...safe.

the amount you'd inatke would kill you.

anywho, Roudn 5 starting soon

UncleSam

Smash Master
O i c, wikipedia lied to me then.

But, applying game mechanics to the mix, unless Ivy used toxic, he will still lose this. Poison powder took ages to kill someone, it was more annoying than deadly. Based on that we can say that it is a slow effect poison, and being said that DK is huge and full of muscle mass, he can and will survive to the seconds he will take to kill ivy.

Case closed?
this is RL dude.
once that poison takes effect. it'll cripple DK, he'd lose the energy and eventually die.

tocador

Smash Lord
this is RL dude.
once that poison takes effect. it'll cripple DK, he'd lose the energy and eventually die.
There are poisons that kill ants but cant kill us? Know why? Because each poison has it owns specific quemichal build, and it poison has its strenght.

For a instance, there are poisons that would kill 2 humans with just 0.000005 g of it, but would only make a tiger go numb.

So unless you can measure the actual strenght of the poison you cant say it is good/bad/etc....

So with that said, a giant ape can handle the poison just fine, based on the damage it deals on pokemon.

UncleSam

Smash Master
There are poisons that kill ants but cant kill us? Know why? Because each poison has it owns specific quemichal build, and it poison has its strenght.

For a instance, there are poisons that would kill 2 humans with just 0.000005 g of it, but would only make a tiger go numb.

So unless you can measure the actual strenght of the poison you cant say it is good/bad/etc....

So with that said, a giant ape can handle the poison just fine, based on the damage it deals on pokemon.
Adumbrodeus explained this already.
go to him with complaints.
anyway fail match? lol, I'd say sonic because it's just more luck of the draw.
Yoshi has a flailing tongue and Sonic can actually kick and punch.

Top Bottom