• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

REL38

Smash Lord
I was just stating that a "canon" character would, at best, have one real attribute that works for them in all of their games.

In this case, a canon Ganon in general would be limited to Trident according to Marthage and his "canon" dealy.

Ganon is from TP so stays as such.
Just saying :p

UncleSam

Smash Master
I was just stating that a "canon" character would, at best, have one real attribute that works for them in all of their games.

In this case, a canon Ganon in general would be limited to Trident according to Marthage and his "canon" dealy.

Ganon is from TP so stays as such.
Just saying :p
Well, he's been defining Canon wrong.
Guest go to True to their games and learn what canon is.

UncleSam

Smash Master
should we even be applying canon into TDB?
I mean the OP says "from smash"
This is a contest of real world fights between members of the cast of super smash brothers. This means no magic, no game physics, no ph1r3, and realistic as possible.

For example, week one featured Link vs Marth. We took into account that Link had better armor overall than Marth due to having leather clothes, chainmail, and a shield. Marth only sported shoulderpads, while good for attacking his neck...left the rest of his body wide open.

JOE!

Smash Hero
hmn...

thats rather silly...

yet we'd have to redo the whole thing since even the first match (link vs marth) bareley followed this rule

UncleSam

Smash Master
Oh snaps!

Major flaw in all of these MU's!
Spacies get no Gattling gun!
Spamus has no beams!
Ivy has no poison spore-ites!
Snake only has nades and RPG!

Oh noes!
actually samus would still have her power beam/charge beam.
hmn...

thats rather silly...

yet we'd have to redo the whole thing since even the first match (link vs marth) bareley followed this rule
don't blame us you made the thread.
and also I was lurking that one, it followed the rules.

JOE!

Smash Hero
ike vs ganon derailed once it included different ganons...as well as Ike from FE, not brawl for armor.

anywho, it doesnt really matter as long as we dont do the shennanigans we got into with this anymore...

REL38

Smash Lord
ike vs ganon derailed once it included different ganons...as well as Ike from FE, not brawl for armor.

anywho, it doesnt really matter as long as we dont do the shennanigans we got into with this anymore...
Fire Shell, Tomahawk, Molotov Bomb, Mace and Size/Range advantage.
w00t

Oh wait-

Back to square one with OHKO from Zwienloler.

huh . . .

Nova9000

Smash Lord
We need a resolution...

I say Falcon gets pew pew power. Since he's from the future, he could have the technology to have lasers that react like bullets (no delay/charge time) and have a charger (like how the Paraylzer runs on plasma). This way we can keep Falco's MU the same.

He beats Falco
He beats Mario
ZSS?
Wario is debatable since he now has bombs :p
I think Falcon could take it though.

If you decide to nerf the gun, he still beats Falco. The rest of them he bites the dust.

Sieguest

Smash Master
We need a resolution...

I say Falcon gets pew pew power. Since he's from the future, he could have the technology to have lasers that react like bullets (no delay/charge time) and have a charger (like how the Paraylzer runs on plasma). This way we can keep Falco's MU the same.

He beats Falco
He beats Mario
ZSS?

If you decide to nerf the gun, he still beats Falco. The rest of them he bites the dust.
??? Yeah we've been doing TDB wrong this whole time :O

JOE!

Smash Hero
honestly, it doesnt matter as we are taking them from their games into RL.

hell, i was gonna expand to other characters outside of smash after the smash roster was done

Sieguest

Smash Master
honestly, it doesnt matter as we are taking them from their games into RL.

hell, i was gonna expand to other characters outside of smash after the smash roster was done
Well all right then...
I say we need to redo sonic...

with this new found logic process
Sonic should get a sword and dominate... >_>
jk jk

but your OP said that we would be taking them from Smash, and not from their games :O

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well I want to progress into Rd. 5, so it's just a thought/attempt to answer JOE!'s question.

Oh, and Yoshi should get wings and breathe fire as well.

REL38

Smash Lord
We need a resolution...

He beats Falco
He beats Mario
ZSS?

If this is the case, then Falco still wins.
The "higher technology" excuse would apply to Falco's reflector as well.
In Star Fox Assault, characters can use a "barrier" that reacts just like the one in Smash.
The "no mobility" doesn't apply. Another unjust nerf.

Mario has Super Scope.

Probably beats Zamus due to better range.

Wario would lose by only having a Tesla Coil with terrible range.

@JOE

Don't think it'll work.
This is still General Brawl Discussion
Not Video Game Character Discussion.
If anything, it'll go down in the social group.

@Marthage
haha!
Your sarcasm is quite funny, old bean!

Nova9000

Smash Lord
If this is the case, then Falco still wins.
The "higher technology" excuse would apply to Falco's reflector as well.
In Star Fox Assault, characters can use a "barrier" that reacts just like the one in Smash.
The "no mobility" doesn't apply. Another unjust nerf.

Mario has Super Scope.

Probably beats Zamus due to better range.

Wario would lose by only having a Tesla Coil with terrible range.

Falco has bird bones. A Falcon Kick and he's a goner.

Mario has to aim with two hands. Falcon just draws and shoots. And he's faster than Mario.

Wario has a telsa coil?:confused:
I learned something today...And I thought Ratchet was unique...

EDIT: 500th POST!
On my way to becoming...........a SUPER SAYER!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

JOE!

Smash Hero
anywho, we've done it this way ever since the second MU...

do we really need to go back?

afterall, what honestly changed due to a few weapons here and there? (other than Ganon and maybe mario?)

REL38

Smash Lord
anywho, we've done it this way ever since the second MU...

do we really need to go back?

afterall, what honestly changed due to a few weapons here and there? (other than Ganon and maybe mario?)
Nothing.

We leave the results as they are and fix em' when the time comes.
Heck, I can say the Ivy vs Pika MU was a bunch of bologna (not really) and I wanna redo it again, but does it really matter?
No.

Should Olimar have 30 Pikmin instead of his measly 10 for both Pit and IC's?
Yes.
Does it really matter?
Not really.

Should we make the excuse of higher technology?
Probably not.
We can't explain the full mechanics behind the super tech laser and its RL effectiveness.
Should Flacon lose to Falco?
Yes.
Gattling gun since Flacon's laser doesn't even work other than making a cat chase the red dot.
Is this fair?
More so, yes.
RL applications are being applied. RL applications say a laser has zero use IRL unless it takes up half a warehouse of space and power.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Nothing.

We leave the results as they are and fix em' when the time comes.
Heck, I can say the Ivy vs Pika MU was a bunch of bologna (not really) and I wanna redo it again, but does it really matter?
No.

Should Olimar have 30 Pikmin instead of his measly 10 for both Pit and IC's?
Yes.
Does it really matter?
Not really.

Should we make the excuse of higher technology?
Probably not.
We can't explain the full mechanics behind the super tech laser and its RL effectiveness.
Should Flacon lose to Falco?
Yes.
Gattling gun since Flacon's laser doesn't even work other than making a cat chase the red dot.
Is this fair?
More so, yes.
RL applications are being applied. RL applications say a laser has zero use IRL unless it takes up half a warehouse of space and power.
You do know if you're serious about this then Wolf gets a Gattling as well...and more spacies re-dos...

Falco wins vs Falcon
and
Wolf wins vs Snake

Also the 4-way becomes a lot more even playing field...

I think that's all that we would have to do. As far as Falcon, I think he takes W/Mario. ZSS discussing would be another week of nonsense so its best we leave it as it is.

REL38

Smash Lord
Wolf still loses vs Snake.

Snake has shown throughout his games to posses weapons experience and knowledge.
I'm 100% certain Snake would get off the first shot to kill Wolf.
If that isn't enough and it still seems 50-50, then Snake owns Wolf in CQC.
I'm fact, this is the only MU where stealth and environment played a key role. Snake hid and did stuff while Wolf tried to find Snake.
Snake wins.

The 4-way fight was settled so each character have a different weapon.
Not my decision. Wanted Falco to have something else, but ended with different weapons.

Mario/Wario beat Falcon (w/laser).
Mario has bombs and tomahawks. Falcon has no range.
Wario has bombs and brute strength. Falcon has no range and questionable strength.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Wolf still loses vs Snake.

Snake has shown throughout his games to posses weapons experience and knowledge.
I'm 100% certain Snake would get off the first shot to kill Wolf.
If that isn't enough and it still seems 50-50, then Snake owns Wolf in CQC.
I'm fact, this is the only MU where stealth and environment played a key role. Snake hid and did stuff while Wolf tried to find Snake.
Snake wins.

The 4-way fight was settled so each character have a different weapon.
Not my decision. Wanted Falco to have something else, but ended with different weapons.

Mario/Wario beat Falcon (w/laser).
Mario has bombs and tomahawks. Falcon has no range.
Wario has bombs and brute strength. Falcon has no range and questionable strength.

Falcon can lose all of them. I no longer care, Kaka-REL. But the Wolf and Snake is still a question to me. Wolf can sense Snake and fire based upon him smelling Snake. That instinct is better than the senses Snake has. And I think Wolf fires first because of it. And have you seen those claws? Snake would look like sushi. Again, not taking anything away from Snake, but because Wolf gets a better gun, I think he takes it overall.
This totally goes against my tier list...

JOE!

Smash Hero
your tier list has pikachu above wolf in deadliness....

anywho, Snake vs Wolf is a draw due to wolf having better senses to nullify snake's stealth, and better weapons, yet less skill.

it comes down to where they fight, so it's a draw.

as for the spaceys, this is seriosulsy why I allowed lasers in the first place, to give them their smash-esque blasters to make them all different.

Sieguest

Smash Master
1. REL you're way off the mark about lasers...
what constitutes the power of a laser is its concentration, if you concentrate a lot of energy into a small beam then you'll have a powerful laser.
Taking the conventional laser that you see children with everyday isn't a good basis to go off of,those lasers are not concentrated on purpose so as to avoid injury. It's possible to have a small laser do a vast amount of damage :O

2. I'm working on something related to this right now, I'll post again a little later.

EDIT: Guess I'll post now.
So everyone has been up in arms about the Bowser vs. Ganon MU, it's been the MU that has caused us the most problems and has derailed the thread for quite some time...
well when I left the thread some odd time ago, I didn't completely abandon it, but instead I went of into some independent study to see who really has the advantage here. During that study I talked to some of the avid posters on both the pro-ganon and pro-bowser side to see what they thought made their character win. I took a list and went off to do some surfing on the web to find stuff. So here's what I've dug up

For Pro-Ganon side: True, Ganondorf packs immense power and can OHKO bowser with a good swing, but here's the rub, hitting in the right spot...
The Pro-Ganon side insisted that bowser has the construction of a turtle, and while that is pretty close, one could argue that Bowser more closely resembles a tortoise.
Is there a difference?
Yes, A turtle while having the same exterior look of the porpoise except maybe smaller and few small body variations, is more susceptible to having its back mashed and suffering a mortal wound.
A tortoise on the other hand, is a bit more resistant to this... why?
Because of the tortoise's size, in relation to the turtle has a bigger shell to absorb the force with. How does this work? Take for example, a hammer that shall remain constant size, and two nails, one that is normal size, and one that has a bigger head than your hammer head. If you hit the nail with a smaller head, it does just what you would expect it to do, it gets driven into the surface (if it can pierce it, but that's beside the point) But if you use the same force on a larger object, you'll notice that you don't get as great of a result, that's because the energy from the smaller hammer head has been dispersed across the wider head of the nail, so more energy was wasted deforming the nail, than moving it, so less energy is transferred inside the nail. This applies here.
You'll also notice that angles also play a factor in how much force is directed into bowser, Bowser has spike and angled scutes, in order to get the full force of the swing, ganon must strike perpendicularly to bowser's scutes, and avoid hitting a spike, any hitting of the spike transfers energy to the spike, and I would wager that the spike would take the brunt of that shock, leaving little to do damage to bowser.
Bowser's moving may also change the angle ganon hits at, so that might also make it harder to get an OHKO on Bowser's back.... now mind you I've only discussed Bowser's back to this point.... I'll get to the front when I address Pro-Bowser. Another thing to address is the fact that bowser is bipedal- in that point he breaks relation from the turtle, he has the capabilities to pivot himself at a moderate pace, albeit enough to always face ganon, but that may only constitute and portion of the scenarios out of a thousand.

Pro-Bowser- Pro-Bowser believes that due to Bowser's range advantage, he could do such things as outrange ganon in the pummel... this is true to an extent, but take into consideration that Ganondorf has the mobility advantage, if Bowser swipes and misses, then Ganon more or less has his window to land an OHKO on bowser's front, but what is this? Bowser has two arms... continual swiping? maybe, but there is a risk to that to, Ganon could always use that against bowser, holding is sword in a fashion that may stop one arm at a bad angle, and possibly sacrificing his non dominant arm to score a K.O in the stomach, risky, but plausible. Now I'm not too sure on Ganon's jumping ability, I'm not too ancy to go by the Final Boss TP video I saw with Ganon jumping an insane amount of height, that's just not sitting well with me, I won't say though that he can't reach his head, which in fact he can. This would be the safer of two options, because now bowser has to swing high. This takes away from Bowser's horizontal reach (due to how triangles work) while ganon can still maintain pretty much his whole arc and maybe more in this case, (He could swing the sword in a fashion Ike's Fair works, that can happen and is possible) Bowser's only chance in this case, in order to not give up control would be to either try and and maneuver a horn in the way of the sword, or attempt to beat Ganon to the punch, that comes down to a 60-40 chance of Ganon getting the kill, IN THAT INSTANCE, there are 1000 trials so it might happen other ways, which is why having more options usually turns into a victory.

^That is covering Bowser on Defense....
Now what about Ganon on Defense?

Bowser moves slower than Ganon, so if Bowser makes a straight charge for Ganon, then Ganon can begin to circumvent Bowser and possibly get behind him, but that depends on distance, if Bowser sees ganon pulling this then bowser may just pivot to always face him and approach steadily, so that kinda nulls out, 50-50 for an approach advantage in that case. When they come into contact, then basically what happened with Bowser on defense could apply to Ganon on defense, (this is due to basically bowser not having the mobility advantage and having to prevent ganon from reaching his back or stomach, but the head still falls for into a 60-40 chance of Ganon getting a kill)

So how does this all work out?
We've figured that Ganon going for Bowser's back probably wouldn't work so that just 0's out

Ganon going for Bowser's stomach is 80-20 Bowser getting a kill on Ganon (due to Bowser's range advantage on the horizontal plane he can block the sword and take out ganon with the other hand, grab ganon [while pinning his sword arm of course] or any other number of things related to that range that results in Bowsers getting a kill.
Bowser's head is 60-40 Ganon getting a kill on Bowser

So in all- taking into account everything people have brought up over this whole MU and either confirming it or contradicting it You would see bowser more likely with more kills out of a thousand...
my thinking
550-450 Bowser's favor...

EDIT: Oh, and I did an average of heights myself as well (excluded Super Mario Sunshine, and still managed to achieve an average of around 13 ft (12.54 to be exact)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Ok Marthage...way to put a WoT up...
I stop caring for the MU a while ago. It wasn't until people claimed he can remove his shell that I has problems. But as long as you're ready to catch heat from everyone, especially Kaka-REL.

@ JOE!
Man I just grouped that list in 2 mins. I'll actually work on a concrete list then.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I stop caring for the MU a while ago. It wasn't until people claimed he can remove his shell that I has problems. But as long as you're ready to catch heat from everyone, especially Kaka-REL.

@ JOE!
Man I just grouped that list in 2 mins. I'll actually work on a concrete list then.
dont, if I/we wanted to we could do that and just end the thread...

anywho, if you're gonna just say "I dont care about the MU", why bother posting about it?

what Marthage did was revive the argument where it was originally, not from when we went all crazy with ignorance/bs (caused by a few newcomers to the thread...), and brought up points that actually mattered

Sieguest

Smash Master
Eh, I'm ready :)
I've been on this for a week....>___>

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I was joking when I made the list.

And I didn't care nor did I post until people believed that Bowser could remove his shell. That's when I started to say stuff again. But since people believe that, it no longer matters. Just give Bowser the W, and Ws to every Falcon opponent and move to Rd. 5.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I was joking when I made the list.

And I didn't care nor did I post until people believed that Bowser could remove his shell. That's when I started to say stuff again. But since people believe that, it no longer matters. Just give Bowser the W, and Ws to every Falcon opponent and move to Rd. 5.
That's exactly what we're trying to avoid....
if we allowed the plethora of biased and implausible statements that flew from that to fly, then it'll come back to bite us in the butt, it almost matches the reason why I brought up the rest issue with REL some time ago...
(now don't get the wrong idea, I think bowser would win, but what I'm getting at is giving a character the W when they've just been 75% BSed to where they are...

@Sephiroth's Masamune- It wasn't so much filler at the beginning of the redoes until the BS came flying in, then it became just nonsense.....
might just give it a while longer... maybe

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I understand your frustration and the want to get each MU correct Marthage, and to an extent I agree.; remember I was with you on the rest thing and we won that MU. But JOE! calls shots, and a lot of us are quite jaded with this. It seems only myself, US/adum, and Beren (i think) supported Ganon. I can't speak for them, but I'm sure we're all sick of this MU. JOE! has been trying to move on by asking about Falcon. I made my suggestions towards Falcon, and Kaka-REL shot em down. We now know your opinion on Bowser, but let's move on to Falcon or move to Rd. 5.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I understand your frustration and the want to get each MU correct Marthage, and to an extent I agree.; remember I was with you on the rest thing and we won that MU. But JOE! calls shots, and a lot of us are quite jaded with this. It seems only myself, US/adum, and Beren (i think) supported Ganon. I can't speak for them, but I'm sure we're all sick of this MU. JOE! has been trying to move on by asking about Falcon. I made my suggestions towards Falcon, and Kaka-REL shot em down. We now know your opinion on Bowser, but let's move on to Falcon or move to Rd. 5.
I suppose :)
before we have another TDB revolution :O

UncleSam

Smash Master
good stuff

550-450 Bowser's favor...
... uhhh the only situation where you gave bowser an advantage was one time, and that's also 1 out of multiple spots (which you all pointed out)
so how is it 55-45?
you also never gave a percentage on the back, it can be multiple blunt strikes not just 1.
If you're taking a tortoise thats bipedal, that doesn't end up pretty. for pivotal movements, bowser's center of gravity won't be in the hip area like we do because bowser has no hip.

this wouldn't even be an accurate bone structure anyway wtf?
well I wont go that far if I dont need to.
anyway, no hip.
no increased pivots.
also the nail metaphor is all wrong.
you are taking the impact force of the hammer to the nail
when you should be taking the force of the nail into the wood.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_force
At normal speeds, during a perfectly inelastic collision, an object struck by a projectile will deform, and this deformation will absorb most, or even all, of the force of the collision. Viewed from the conservation of energy perspective, the kinetic energy of the projectile is changed into heat and sound energy, as a result of the deformations and vibrations induced in the struck object. However, these deformations and vibrations can not occur instantaneously. A high velocity collision (an impact) does not provide sufficient time for these deformations and vibrations to occur. Thus, the struck material behaves as if it were more brittle than it is, and the majority of the applied force goes into fracturing the material. Or, another way to look at it is that materials actually are more brittle on short time scales than on long time scales: this is related to time-temperature superposition.
even if it can absorb the impact, we're talking about the spine here.

UncleSam

Smash Master
the spine runs all the way down your back.
in a turtle/tortoise it goes all the way down across the entirety of the shell and more in the tail.
come on, you should know this.
plus, ganondorf isn't ****** sized compared to Bowser, how is height going to keep him from hitting the shell.

if you break somebody's lower spine, it's very possible to paralyze them from the waist down.
that cripples bowser, and that's a low blow.
middle can quite possibly cause full paralyzation, the neck can easily cause full paralyzation and/or can kill.

Sieguest

Smash Master
the spine runs all the way down your back.
in a turtle/tortoise it goes all the way down across the entirety of the shell and more in the tail.
come on, you should know this.
plus, ganondorf isn't ****** sized compared to Bowser, how is height going to keep him from hitting the shell.

if you break somebody's lower spine, it's very possible to paralyze them from the waist down.
that cripples bowser, and that's a low blow.
middle can quite possibly cause full paralyzation, the neck can easily cause full paralyzation and/or can kill.
one thing, you need force to break the spine, accounting for the angle of the scutes and the all ready low chance that ganon makes contact with the shell itself instead of hitting a spike over the amount of shell there is absorbing the blow force significantly lowers the amount of force exerted on the shell won't be enough to break jack

Top Bottom