• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

tocador

Smash Lord
I was going to asnwer nova bu ti see rel did it all ready =X, so ima focus sam nao :D.

"herbivore? carnivore? omnivore? this could change everything."

Unless he is a bird he will have teeth, so this dosent matters.

Example: The dinos with long necks were herbivores but had teeth, in fact strong ones because they would eve eat stuff as hard as coconuts with bare teeth.

"why? you've tried? loljk"

Make a cat walk on 2 legs and see it xP!

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Lucario DOES NOT:

have steel bones; bones are made of calcium and stuff. Steel is MAN MADE MATERIAL.

Karate skills; he's a pokemon that's just able to walk on two feet. that hardly justifies organized combat skills. even chimps can't learn karate. they can be worked with to perform some actions such as break wooden boards, but they're trained to do so. Lucario has NO ONE TRAINING HIM.

have higher intelligence; being mammal allows for better intelligence, but not enough to know any form of martial arts. he can understand human language. attack strategy would still be limited. he's related to a canine and should be treated as such.

Lucario's only conventional forms of attack are bite and pimp backhand spike slap.

@Toc

Meh. His head is what troubles me most. But with the rest of his body weight being centered could allow for that.

@Nova

Yoshi's part Dino. Dino's have teeth. Just because he isn't shown chewing things doesn't mean he doesn't have teeth. Something that size MUST have teeth.

@Sam

Animals like cats walk on all fours. That allows for agility. Lucario is walking on two feet. Less surface area to work with means less agility. He may be able to run, but quick movement like a quick side step can easily cause him to fall over.
1. Call it what you like, but he isn't called steel and fighting for no apparent reason. I get the point about his skeleton not being made of steel and him not knowing kung fu. However, Luc can still fight, considering he has been doing it long enough. It may not be kung fu but it's effective enough. As far as Luc being steel, I haven't found a concrete explanation but I just have to look into it.

2.He isn't a canine; he's a Lucario. Canines fight with their teeth and claws (see Wolf). Cario fights in an entire different fashion that could be portrayed as martial arts. He is able to use his paws, teeth, spikes, and feet. He also walks on his tippy toes and uses his tail to balance himself while moving. And he can always walk on all fours if the time called for it.

3. Yoshi has teeth but he doesn't have the teeth bearable to kill Luc. for starters,
http://yoshi.2yr.net/pics/mario-party-advance-yoshi2.jpg
Yoshi has no neck, meaning he has to turn his entire body to attempt a bite. He also has a huge nose that gets in the way of his teeth (Not to mention, the nose/snout of an animal is always very sensitive; I see a giant green bulls eye for Luc's spike...). So realistically how does Yoshi get his teeth on Luc in a convenient fashion? He doesn't..

Yoshi has only been shown to eat fruit and swallow turtle shells. I doubt he has the set of teeth to rip flesh.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I was going to asnwer nova bu ti see rel did it all ready =X, so ima focus sam nao :D.

"herbivore? carnivore? omnivore? this could change everything."

Unless he is a bird he will have teeth, so this dosent matters.

Example: The dinos with long necks were herbivores but had teeth, in fact strong ones because they would eve eat stuff as hard as coconuts with bare teeth.
don worry I figured it out, Yoshi is a omnivore.

"why? you've tried? loljk"

Make a cat walk on 2 legs and see it xP!
been there done that...

Nova9000

Smash Lord
US he's an omnivore but he only swallows other animals. If he has teeth they aren't for chewing flesh.

Actually, Goombas are like mushrooms lol...

REL38

Smash Lord
herbivore? carnivore? omnivore? this could change everything.

He'd still have teeth.
Herbivore's have teeth made to grind vegetation. He'd still have teeth capable of piercing jackle skin.
Yoshi could be considered a omnivore as he eats fruits and Shy Guys. He'd have meat tearing teeth to dine on Lucario's flesh.

why? you've tried? loljk
*insert "yo mama" joke here*

UncleSam

Smash Master
US he's an omnivore but he only swallows other animals. If he has teeth they aren't for chewing flesh.

Actually, Goombas are like mushrooms lol...
yeah he eats enemies from Mario games (goombas, koopas) and he eats fruit (play sunshine).
So I deducted that he was an omnivore.

tocador

Smash Lord
@Nova: If luc had steel bones he would need to have trice the muscles he has to at least MOVE him-self.

Plus it is not plausible to have steel as bones, mainly because the blood would "corroer(dont know enlgish word for it ><)" your own bone because of the oxigen carried by hemoglobines.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Yo mama's so dumb she took a spoon to da super bowl.
I know.

As for the MU, Lucario knows how to do karate. Were taking him like a dog or basically an "animal", correct? Then he knows. His species knows how to do karate. When born, spiders already know how to spin webs(please, do not post a picture of a spider or w/e I have very bad arachnophobia.). This would be the case for Lucario.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Lucario may be able to own badly. But Yoshi gets an automatic win since he can eat Lucario ;)
Explain how.
Yoshi isn't big enough.
Yoshi is bigger by Lucario by... not that much IIRC.
Only thing Yoshi has is bite.
Lucario has karate.
Do the math.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
yeah he eats enemies from Mario games (goombas, koopas) and he eats fruit (play sunshine).
So I deducted that he was an omnivore.
That's true but he has never depended on his teeth to accomplish either. He always used his tongue, which is the point that I am trying to make. He never needed teeth because he was known to swallow his prey. In a way, he has the tongue of a chameleon with the muscles of a snake, except he lacks the neck. When snakes swallow their food, they expand their neck muscles. Yoshi does not have these muscles nor the ability to do this. When chameleons catch their prey they use their JAWS to crush their prey. This sounds most like Yoshi since he has never showed evidence of relying on teeth to chew food. In RL, he doesn't have teeth but since JOE! allowed him to have teeth, they will not function to rip flesh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chameleon#Description (last paragraph)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake#Feeding_and_diet

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35854909@N05/3343168296/
Yoshi's teeth are a mute point. Luc wins.

@ Toc
I said that maybe his skeleton isn't made of steel. But maybe it is because canonically he has aura to protect against such effects.

REL38

Smash Lord
1. Call it what you like, but he isn't called steel and fighting for no apparent reason. I get the point about his skeleton not being made of steel and him not knowing kung fu. However, Luc can still fight, considering he has been doing it long enough. It may not be kung fu but it's effective enough. As far as Luc being steel, I haven't found a concrete explanation but I just have to look into it.
Yeah, you explain to me how a natural born mammal can have steel in its body.

Anyways, he'd have little to no martial arts. Adumb pointed out that through "play fighting", certain animals can attain certain skills.

The first animal that comes to mind are lions. Lion cubs "play fight" with each other to hone hunting skills for the future. But this is instinctive.

Lucario is a mammal that is trying to learn combat techniques that it doesn't know. You don't magically learn martial arts. He's a mammal that can walk on 2 legs. I'd expect him to be an omnivore that eats small game with the occassional vegetation.
Or just make him a carnivore that eats small game.

I see no need for him to learn physical combat aside from mating or something. That can allow for some grappling attacks, but he's gonna wanna end it with his teeth or spikes. His arms are too thin to provide significant blows and kicks are out of the question.

2.He isn't a canine; he's a Lucario. Canines fight with their teeth and claws (see Wolf). Cario fights in an entire different fashion that could be portrayed as martial arts. He is able to use his paws, teeth, spikes, and feet. He also walks on his tippy toes and uses his tail to balance himself while moving. And he can always walk on all fours if the time called for it.

Lucario is a jackle in appearance. Just like how Pikachu was compared to a rat and Ivy being compared to a toad.

Actually fighting on two feet canine feet would result in a hilarious result. He has less surface area for his feet to support sudden shifts in weight and could easily result in him falling over.

As for "fighting", look at what I said for your first point.

3. Yoshi has teeth but he doesn't have the teeth bearable to kill Luc. for starters,
http://yoshi.2yr.net/pics/mario-party-advance-yoshi2.jpg
Yoshi has no neck, meaning he has to turn his entire body to attempt a bite. He also has a huge nose that gets in the way of his teeth (Not to mention, the nose/snout of an animal is always very sensitive; I see a giant green bulls eye for Luc's spike...). So realistically how does Yoshi get his teeth on Luc in a convenient fashion? He doesn't..

Read what I said to Sam in regards to teeth.
Yoshi has cheeks. What are you talking about?
He doesn't need defined cheeks to chew. Look at dogs. They don't appear to be able to hold food in their cheeks, but they do.

His nose would be a drawback, but Yoshi's almost an entire foot taller than Lucario.

Yoshi has only been shown to eat fruit and swallow turtle shells. I doubt he has the set of teeth to rip flesh.
Play SMW 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story.
He ate Shy Guys and Bandits.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Of course you helped. I learned that you helped in history in WWI with your grandfather (LOL).
US>Forests of family trees.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I think you'se guys missed my point on Lucario knowing Kung-Fu.
Some animals are born with the ability to know something, like spiders learn how to spin webs when they are born. This can apply to Lucario due to it being his own animal.

tocador

Smash Lord
That's true but he has never depended on his teeth to accomplish either. He always used his tongue, which is the point that I am trying to make. He never needed teeth because he was known to swallow his prey. In a way, he has the tongue of a chameleon with the muscles of a snake, except he lacks the neck. When snakes swallow their food, they expand their neck muscles. Yoshi does not have these muscles nor the ability to do this. When chameleons catch their prey they use their JAWS to crush their prey. This sounds most like Yoshi since he has never showed evidence of relying on teeth to chew food. In RL, he doesn't have teeth but since JOE! allowed him to have teeth, they will not function to rip flesh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chameleon#Description (last paragraph)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake#Feeding_and_diet

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35854909@N05/3343168296/
Yoshi's teeth are a mute point. Luc wins.

@ Toc
I said that maybe his skeleton isn't made of steel. But maybe it is because canonically he has aura to protect against such effects.
I know what you think, but then, with no aura available(in this mu) it isnt possible for it so be so, so yeah, just let it go xP!!!!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
But those are insects.

More complex animals pretty much require to be thaught their more complex abilities if they wish to learn how to do them properly.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Of course you helped. I learned that you helped in history in WWI with your grandfather (LOL).
US>Forests of family trees.
The only reason we "lost" vietnam was because I wasn't there.
I was busy starring in movies.
I'm so selfish

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
But those are insects.

More complex animals pretty much require to be thaught their more complex abilities if they wish to learn how to do them properly.
Is there a difference between an insect and an animal in this case?
Lucario's are born to learn kung-fu. This is like having a Pikachu using electricity. It's a normal ability for this animal.
Lucario is winning so far because Yoshi doesn't really have anything.....

REL38

Smash Lord
@Holo
There's a major difference between a spider being able to use web and Lucario utilizing martial arts.

Read what I said above.
Martial arts are a form of defense created by humans. He doesn't know any form of martial arts aside from grappling other Lucario's.

Martial arts are too BS to even partially work.

Mammals must be taught certain things. Fighting skills must be learned by most mammals. Lion cubs learn it via "play fighting". Lucario learning to fight would be learned, but what he's not gonna learn is any form of martial arts. No way.

btw Pichu's have electricity, but must learn to control that electricity. They have full usage by the time they grow into being a Pikachu.

@Teeth

Yoshi doesn't need to necessarily "chew" his food. Dino's such as raptors tore at the flesh and swallowed down chunks of meat. Just like crocs do. Yoshi would bite Lucario's arm and leave a deep gnash to the bone. Then, Lucario bleeds to death.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
There IS a huge difference...but that mostly depends on the skills taught to him by his mother.

So there is this question: could Lucarios evolve to know kung-fu? Or could they have learned it from humans?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
@Holo
There's a major difference between a spider being able to use web and Lucario utilizing martial arts.

Read what I said above.
Martial arts are a form of defense created by humans. He doesn't know any form of martial arts aside from grappling other Lucario's.

Martial arts are too BS to even partially work.

@Teeth

Yoshi doesn't need to necessarily "chew" his food. Dino's such as raptors tore at the flesh and swallowed down chunks of meat. Just like crocs do. Yoshi would bite Lucario's arm and leave a deep gnash to the bone. Then, Lucario bleeds to death.
Ok this is how I see it(altho I do see your point it is made by humans, in this case it would be some different kind of karate).
Pikachu's can use electricity, right? That is a normal ability for that animal. Why can't Lucario use karate when Pikachu can use ELECTRICITY?!?!? I am perfectly fine with Pikachu using electricity, but with something that unrealistic (a rat using electrcity...) an animal can't use KARATE (a diff than human kind anyway)?! That's stupid.

UncleSam

Smash Master
There IS a huge difference...but that mostly depends on the skills taught to him by his mother.

So there is this question: could Lucarios evolve to know kung-fu? Or could they have learned it from humans?
well they can understand humans. Humans can help Lucario's master it.
but wild Lucario's must know a good form of fighting. they have to have learned some form of fighting from the parent.

tocador

Smash Lord
By the theory of natural selection we could say that:

"In the past, only the lucs that new how to properly fight bigger predators/fight off preys with some fighting habilities survived, so that now-a-days every lucario knows how to fight".

But not kung-fu. Maybe it can fight better than a dog for example, but he dosent know any martial art known by man.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
But from where did those parents learn Kung-fu? It does not answer the question, it just places it on an older generation.

Learning it from humans is a possibility if the Lucario is a trained one.

Is this a trained one?

UncleSam

Smash Master

"In the past, only the lucs that new how to properly fight bigger predators/fight off preys with some fighting habilities survived, so that now-a-days every lucario knows how to fight".

But not kung-fu. Maybe it can fight better than a dog for example, but he dosent know any martial art known by man.
well think about this, what about human influence affecting the teaching habits?
dogs evolved from wolves how? human influence. Somewhere along the line, trainers could have taught Lucario a better style and that's why it's developed it's fighting style for future generations in the anime/games.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski

UncleSam's response lol.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
well think about this, what about human influence affecting the teaching habits?
dogs evolved from wolves how? human influence. Somewhere along the line, trainers could have taught Lucario a better style and that's why it's developed it's fighting style for future generations in the anime/games.
TrueDat.

Not only dogs, but many other animals adapted and took advantage of us taking over the world.

This could explain the Kung-fu.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Holo

Pichu is born with the cheeks, but could very well develop the electric properties during development. Pichu learns how to control said electricity and knows how to use it by adulthood.

Lion cubs are born with paws and mouths. They develop teeth and claws during development. They learn how to use hunting abilities by "play fighting". By aduthood, they know how to use these tools to kill.

Lucario can't learn any conventional forms of fighting as he's not built for it.

He has pretty thin arms and his legs CANNOT kick in the manner they're built. They have no power. Same deal with his arms.

His only conventional methods of attack are bite and pimp spike slap.
The bite can have some power, but the spike slap would be rather weak mostly used to hunt small prey.

@Sam

Human influence to wolves is vastly different than martial arts being taught to Lucarios.

Wolves learned to hunt alongside humans and protect them because it was a simple obstacle of forcing oneself as the "alpha male" and then instilling going from there.

Kung Fu is totally unrealistic. Lucario wouldn't be much smarter than the modern day ape by realistic standards. Chimps who are trained in martial arts don't teach their offspring martial arts. It's too complexive of a skill that cannot be taught from generation to generation.

Totally unrealistic.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
@Holo

Pichu is born with the cheeks, but could very well develop the electric properties during development. Pichu learns how to control said electricity and knows how to use it by adulthood.

Lion cubs are born with paws and mouths. They develop teeth and claws during development. They learn how to use hunting abilities by "play fighting". By aduthood, they know how to use these tools to kill.

Lucario can't learn any conventional forms of fighting as he's not built for it.

He has pretty thin arms and his legs CANNOT kick in the manner they're built. They have no power. Same deal with his arms.

His only conventional methods of attack are bite and pimp spike slap.
The bite can have some power, but the spike slap would be rather weak mostly used to hunt small prey.
Lol we gimped you.
Or rather, UncleSam did.
UncleSam represents the U.S.!
u c wut i did thar?

He learned his fighting styles by his parents, who learned it from humans 100s of years ago.
Wait why isn't he built for it? brb.... >.> darnit REL why don't you understand things so I don't have to look 50 things up...

Top Bottom