• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
Double post for annoyance:

She dosent have a plasma channel she can shoot, mainly because plasma channels are made from LASERS(which she dosent have).
1) you didn't double post you got like ninja'd 3 times
2)I'm going to consider this biased because you've never seen the inside of her arm canon. If it was designed to shoot like this than it's plausible.
you've just never seen the inside of her arm cannon.
watch the Metroid Other M trailer like at the end.

tocador

Smash Lord
It shoots plasma-directed electricity. I would agree if she didn't have the technology to do it, but she has it.

The plasma beam and the fact that she can control its power, and at the same time combine these beams its proof enough.

IRL the wave beam has enough technology to be considered an electrolaser.
"In physics and chemistry, plasma is a partially ionized gas, in which a certain proportion of electrons are free rather than being bound to an atom or molecule."

Plasma is ionized gas. How do you ionize gas that fast so that electricity can be guied with it? Well we cant actually do it, but the most plausible way to do it would be with lasers(speed light of course) that would heat up nearby air, and make ions breake from their respective atoms, creating a ionized gas, aka plasma.

The thing is, samus dosent dispose of such equipment in this mu, SO SHE CANT DO IT.

This is my last post about this subject, so dont bring this up again, because in this MU, she cant do it, deal with it ><

payasofobia

Smash Champion
"In physics and chemistry, plasma is a partially ionized gas, in which a certain proportion of electrons are free rather than being bound to an atom or molecule."

Plasma is ionized gas. How do you ionize gas that fast so that electricity can be guied with it? Well we cant actually do it, but the most plausible way to do it would be with lasers(speed light of course) that would heat up nearby air, and make ions breake from their respective atoms, creating a ionized gas, aka plasma.

The thing is, samus dosent dispose of such equipment in this mu, SO SHE CANT DO IT.

This is my last post about this subject, so dont bring this up again, because in this MU, she cant do it, deal with it ><
The point of my post is that she has the technology to create a plasma channel to use her electrolaser.

And it is not breaking the rules, because she is not using it as a weapon. Just as a possible way to explain the way one of her attacks work. ;)

Besides, the power beam already shoots plasma in itself.

tocador

Smash Lord
Plasma shooting is in fact a power up she receiveis withing the game, it isnt a perma weapon from her cannon.

If you wanted to just make her use all her weapons, she would straight away win with ice beams/1337 beams/Chuck Norris beams/etc...

But like Joe said: "She gets Wave beam, Charge beam and missles" not plasma beam or anything like that.

Plus, she cant shoot 2 beams at the same time, so even if she could use the plasma beam, she wouldnt be able to shoot plasma + electricity at the same time, just because she cant shoot both at once and it must be like this for this to work.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Toca you said that was your lost post on the subject.
We proved you wrong.
Go away.

tocador

Smash Lord
The point of my post is that she has the technology to create a plasma channel to use her electrolaser.

And it is not breaking the rules, because she is not using it as a weapon. Just as a possible way to explain the way one of her attacks work. ;)

Besides, the power beam already shoots plasma in itself.
No it dosent, it dosent shoot ionized gas. Plasma isnt a liquid or anything like that, plasma is in fact a gas, inf act, you cant shoot plasma because all you would be doing is releasing gas into the atmosphere.

The electrolasers only work because they shoot lasers THAT TRANSFORM gas into plasma, because it isnt possible either to just shoot plasma and hope it goes straight to the opponent.

Plasma is a gas it dissipates to all directions.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
We proved you wrong.
Go away.
You shouldn't treat the oposition like that.

It will make them more likely to pull off a recovery because of Valor+Fury and will reduce the quality of the debate.

That's what makes the difference between a flame-war and a debate, I think...

And Toc: the plasma beam works like a laser if it wants to. Corruption showed us that.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Plasma shooting is in fact a power up she receiveis withing the game, it isnt a perma weapon from her cannon.

If you wanted to just make her use all her weapons, she would straight away win with ice beams/1337 beams/Chuck Norris beams/etc...

But like Joe said: "She gets Wave beam, Charge beam and missles" not plasma beam or anything like that.

Plus, she cant shoot 2 beams at the same time, so even if she could use the plasma beam, she wouldnt be able to shoot plasma + electricity at the same time, just because she cant shoot both at once and it must be like this for this to work.
plasma is what creates the lightning to be fired.
it's not firing two weapons at the same time, it's using ionized gas to build a charge optimal for an electrical discharge such as lightning.
and it's cloud-to-ground (in this case cannon-to-ground) and will head for it's target more than likely since Snake is the only thing there.

tocador

Smash Lord
We proved you wrong.
Go away.
Im not going to lie, but Paya + Sam are being whinny kids about how plasma could be in battle, when it couldnt. Plasma isnt shootable, and samsu dosent have electrolaser to guide electricity shots.

She cant produce plasma inducted channels, withought super hot lasers that would ionize gas, therefore making it plasma.

Plus, plasma shooter is useless as gas dissipates and you cant aim it by shooting.

Gtfo holopaw, my logic is flawless xP

UncleSam

Smash Master
ur not listening toc. this is the wave beam where you clearly said electricity, the plasma is only to optimize firing of electrical charges.
not as a weapon in the wave beams case.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Im not going to lie, but Paya + Sam are being whinny kids about how plasma could be in battle, when it couldnt. Plasma isnt shootable, and samsu dosent have electrolaser to guide electricity shots.

She cant produce plasma inducted channels, withought super hot lasers that would ionize gas, therefore making it plasma.

Plus, plasma shooter is useless as gas dissipates and you cant aim it by shooting.

Gtfo holopaw, my logic is flawless xP
First off, this is advanced technology, Samus' armor.
Next off, her name is not Samsu.

And you arn't listening to them.
You're saying "lol it dun work" while they are giving proof.

REL38

Smash Lord
Alien Technology is all I can say here.

Zamus somehow got Chozo enhacements cuz they had the technology.
Same alien tech can justify Samus' weapons.

Plus, she has an auto lock-on system so her shots will hit.

That's all I got atm

@Holo
Please, either contribute something or stop posting side comments.

tocador

Smash Lord
plasma is what creates the lightning to be fired.
it's not firing two weapons at the same time, it's using ionized gas to build a charge optimal for an electrical discharge such as lightning.
and it's cloud-to-ground (in this case cannon-to-ground) and will head for it's target more than likely since Snake is the only thing there.
Sam, you shouldnt talk about physics if you dont have complete knowladge(i suck at spelling) of what you are talking about.

Plasma dosent create a lighting to be fired, plasma is ionized gas, the most it could do is make a lighting come out of earth and hit samus(yeah, it arent the clouds that "shoot" lighting, in fact they come from earth).

Plus, a lightning would only hit snake if he was ionized, so what are you talking about again?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
She has the charge shot. Charge shot is plasma. Beams can be altered in shape and form as shown in Metroid Prime 3.

Power beam could be used as a normal laser, or to create a path for lightining. Samus wins.

That's it.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Sam, you shouldnt talk about physics if you dont have complete knowladge(i suck at spelling) of what you are talking about.

Plasma dosent create a lighting to be fired, plasma is ionized gas, the most it could do is make a lighting come out of earth and hit samus(yeah, it arent the clouds that "shoot" lighting, in fact they come from earth).

Plus, a lightning would only hit snake if he was ionized, so what are you talking about again?
wikipedia said:
Lightning is an atmospheric discharge of electricity accompanied by thunder, which typically occurs during thunderstorms, and sometimes during volcanic eruptions or dust storms.[1] In the atmospheric electrical discharge, a leader of a bolt of lightning can travel at speeds of 60,000 m/s (130,000 mph), and can reach temperatures approaching 30,000 °C (54,000 °F), hot enough to fuse silica sand into glass channels known as fulgurites which are normally hollow and can extend some distance into the ground.[2][3] There are some 16 million lightning storms in the world every year.[4]
Fa il.

tocador

Smash Lord
Oh but whatever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_(physics)

Terrestrial plasmas:

Fire
Lightning
Ball lightning
St. Elmo's fire
Sprites, elves, jets
The ionosphere
The polar aurorae

Fire is already a type of plasma. The charge shot is plasma.
AAAAAAAAAAAAA, you dont understand. Plasma is ionized gas.

How you can ionize gas? Heating it up, magnetic fields, even reacting gases can do it.

So fire isnt "Plasma", it heats up gas to a point that it makes plasma.

Lightning is an atmospheric discharge of electricity accompanied(or not) by thunder. It happens because of "rubbing cloudes" that frees eletrons up on the clouds. The eletrons up there are the "plasma".

The rest dosent really matter to this mu.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Plasma dosent create lightining.

Lightining create plasma, so wtf are you talking about?
you said that the lightning would come from the earth which was major fail.
and even if electricity makes plasma then it makes here weapon even more plausible.

sorry toc.
it's game over

REL38

Smash Lord
you said that the lightning would come from the earth which was major fail.
and even if electricity makes plasma then it makes here weapon even more plausible.

sorry toc.
it's game over
Not necessarily.

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but there have been instances where some type of discharge or w/e comes from the ground and reaches toward the sky like normal lightning.

They only happen once lightning hits the ground, I believe.

But such instances are rare, so yeah.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Exactly.

And like I said, Samus has the means to ionize the gases in her path. In this case with the Power Beam.

I think this MU its over.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Can Samus do this?
Wikipedia(Triggered Lightning)Lazer Triggered said:
In New Mexico, U.S., scientists tested a new terawatt laser which provoked lightning. Scientists fired ultra-fast pulses from an extremely powerful laser thus sending several terawatts into the clouds to call down electrical discharges in storm clouds over the region. The laser beams sent from the laser make channels of ionized molecules known as "filaments"
Can this be possable for using this lazer to hit Snake?
It says you need a terrawatt lazer.
Can Samus' arm thingy make a Terrawatt?
I know it only lasts for 30 micro seconds but that could still kill Snake, right?
(new at this stuffs >.>)

tocador

Smash Lord
WoT explaining the physics behind it(and yes im using all the sources we can and im not discounting anything).

Aiming electricity isnt possible by normal means, the only way to do it, is

A. Having a closed space(not our case)

or

B. Making it follow ions, to be more prescise, ionized gas(plasma).

There are lots of ways to produce plasma, like lightining, fire, etc.... And just so you know, it isnt PLASMA that create those, it is plasma that is a colateral effect(aka plasma is created by those).

So back to the mu: The only way for samus to guide her electricity shots are with plasma, but plasma dosent stay still, it dissipates really fast, and its really hard to control.

The only 2 effective ways to get plasma to guide prescisely elec are:

A. Closed space(not the case).

or

B. Getting the electricity to follow the ionized plasma as soon as it makes the path you want.

So theoretically if samus wanted for elec to score, she would need to be able to create a plasma path reaching his adversary, and making a eletric current go through it immediately after she got that path on.

Then we get to our next problem, how is she going to produce that plasma in a way it dosent dissipate and reaches the target prescisely?

The answers are 2:

Ionizing the target(impossible to this mu).

Or ionizing the path really fast, and the only realisticly ways to do that are with heat followed by electricity, or creating magnetic discharges(making a whole place + or -) which isnt possible either.

So her only option is to produce a very hot "thing"(laser in case) so that it will ionize the gas and make a path for electricity.

But, HERE IS OUR PROBLEM, she dosent have any type of "super hot laser", and she isnt able to shoot both at the same time(only way to make sure gas wont dissipate).

So there we come to a conclusion: She cant aim the electricity, meaning her only weapons are Charge beam and homming missles.

@Mu: This ends up being Charge beam + missles vs (That imba Ak riffle) + Railgun.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
B. Getting the electricity to follow the ionized plasma as soon as it makes the path you want.

So theoretically if samus wanted for elec to score, would be if she could create a path with the plasma reaching his adversary.
She has the plasma and the Power beam to ionize the gases.

Is that simple.

Look up Metroid Prime videos to see alternate functions to her beams.

tocador

Smash Lord
Can Samus do this?
I know it only lasts for 30 micro seconds but that could still kill Snake, right?
(new at this stuffs >.>)
Terrawat = 10¹² wats.

10¹² wats = The power the first atomic bomb had, so do you really think its possible?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Not necessarily.

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but there have been instances where some type of discharge or w/e comes from the ground and reaches toward the sky like normal lightning.

They only happen once lightning hits the ground, I believe.

But such instances are rare, so yeah.
The bold part answers that question...
Can Samus do this?
(new at this stuffs >.>)
dude that's like 1,000,000 times more bad*** than the wave beam.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Please, Kirby shows up more than that picture.

But seriously, I censored it. If it is really that bad I think a mod will tell me directly.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Not shooting it silly, using the alternate functions to change the shape of the lasers.

In Corruption it has ability to repair damaged cables and circuitry with a laser-type attachment, initially used to repair Aurora Unit 217's cables that Ghor damaged.

She can change the shape and functions of her beams.

tocador

Smash Lord
K i tryied to search what it was made off, but couldnt exactly find it.

But by judgin from metroid games, and its sub-habilities, i dont see how it can ionize gas, as it isnt nor electricity or laser, its just a "beam".

payasofobia

Smash Champion
K i tryied to search what it was made off, but couldnt exactly find it.

But by judgin from metroid games, and its sub-habilities, i dont see how it can ionize gas, as it isnt nor electricity or laser, its just a "beam".
It's not what it is made of what matter, its what it can do. And the Power beam can melt ultra protective metals. That's pretty darn hot.

Top Bottom