• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

tocador

Smash Lord
This article is missing citations or needs footnotes. Please help add inline citations to guard against copyright violations and factual inaccuracies.

You cant always trust wikipedia dude =/.

Edit: It dosent say it can stun, only kill(which is obvious because sheer amount of energy can always kill, but it would be just like a normal railgun.)

payasofobia

Smash Champion
This article is missing citations or needs footnotes. Please help add inline citations to guard against copyright violations and factual inaccuracies.

You cant always trust wikipedia dude =/.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-electrolaser.htm

Electrolasers are the next step in warfare.

THESE are the things we will be using in the future. Not silly Captain Falcon toy guns.

There is also a very useful thing to these electrolasers: they jam electronic devices.

Without these devices the railgun does not work, the missile loses his tracking abilities, making it VERY innacurate and the C4 trigger breaks.

And that basically eliminates any chance Snake may have at winning.

Then Samus can just tank the machine gun.

REL38

Smash Lord
You guys best not end this in the next few hours. (RL errands = my excuse)

I only skimmed over these pages so I don't have a response to this stuff.

Give me a while since I'm rep'n Samus.

(Says this so JOE won't end it yet)

tocador

Smash Lord
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-electrolaser.htm

Electrolasers are the next step in warfare.

THESE are the things we will be using in the future. Not silly Captain Falcon toy guns.

There is also on very useful thing to these electrolasers: they jam electronic devices.

Without these devices the railgun does not work, the missile loses his tracking abilities, making it VERY innacurate and the C4 trigger breaks.

And that basically eliminates any chance Snake may have at winning.

Then Samus can just tank the machine gun.
Railgun's are electrolasers made off.

This means snake has one too =/, so then, tie? It is possible.

But if you want to consider it, snake is faster at aiming, and has a better accuracy than samus(who always relied on silly scans/visors/homming stuff to kill).

So yeah, it give it a tie, but fan boys would give it to snake because of him being better to aim and stuff.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
railgun's Are Electrolasers Made Off.

This Means Snake Has One Too =/, So Then, Tie? It Is Possible.

But If You Want To Consider It, Snake Is Faster At Aiming, And Has A Better Accuracy Than Samus(who Always Relied On Silly Scans/visors/homming Stuff To Kill).

So Yeah, It Give It A Tie, But Fan Boys Would Give It To Snake Because Of Him Being Better To Aim And Stuff.
OH MY GOSH NO.
SAMUS HAS HER WEAPON IN HER TINY ARE WHY DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS?!
Samus was prepared.
ALWAYS BE PREPARED!
(lol hoodwinked)

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Railgun's are electrolasers made off.

This means snake has one too =/, so then, tie? It is possible.

But if you want to consider it, snake is faster at aiming, and has a better accuracy than samus(who always relied on silly scans/visors/homming stuff to kill).

So yeah, it give it a tie, but fan boys would give it to snake because of him being better to aim and stuff.
Actually, Railguns super charge and accelerate a projectile so much that they simply explode or something. I am not sure how it works.

Just look it up.

The thing is that they are not electric attacks.

tocador

Smash Lord
I just didnt get one thing:

Why would samus kill better with a electrolaser(thank in facts kill by electroshocking, just like tazers) than snake would kill with a railgun?

Plus, as i read, i found out that you cant control a "stream" of electricity as a weapon, thats why every electroshock weapon we have must make contact to work.

And who in earth said that spamus shot electrolasers? Because it sure dosent say it in her games.

Stop making weapons for people when they dont have it ¬¬.

UncleSam

Smash Master
EL OH EL
you people...
railguns use electromagnetism to fire ammo.
wikipedia said:
A railgun is an entirely electrical gun that accelerates a conductive projectile along a pair of metal rails using the same principles as the homopolar motor. Railguns use two sliding or rolling contacts[1] that permit a large electric current to pass through the projectile. This current interacts with the strong magnetic fields generated by the rails and this accelerates the projectile.
see? electromagnetism.
the bullet completes the circuit system of electricity flowing through the gun. This allows the two metal bars inside the gun to create a magnetic field pushing away from eachother. This energy is what pushes the bullet at such astounding speeds.
this current can be disrupted by outer electrical sources (i.e. wave beam) or if the electrical power source in the gun (a battery; the amperage is over 1,000,000 to gain optimal firepower) is shot this will render the gun useless. Since Samus starts out with her gun on her... she has a better chance of short circuiting the railgun.
I'll have more info on the other weapons later.
like wtf? the mechanics of the AN92 make no sense... either the barrel has to be huge, or it's fire rate would have to be twice as fast as other assault rifles. The plausibility on that is almost 6 ft under

tocador

Smash Lord
"...the Wave Beam generated a single bolt that moved forward in a sine curve and passed through walls."

Retreived from metroid.wikia.com

So, wave beam shoots a bolt that goes through walls. Electricity dosent go throu walls, neither do electrolasers, so really, where do you get your info on weapons from spamus from paya U.u?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
The wave beam works just like an electrolaser because of its paralyzing and electric effects. Just like an electrolaser.

Anyway, an electrolaser works differently because it sends a stream of plasma that makes contact first with the target and then sends the shock in that stream. It works like a lightning.

And, I see you confuse the term close ranged defense with melee defense. All firearms are close range defense weapons. Artillery weapons are long ranged. Knives and the such are melee.`

And these are railgun shots:

They are not electricity.

UncleSam

Smash Master
THE C-4
THE C-4 IS A DEMOLITION CHARGE! HE WOULDN'T HAVE THE TIME TO PLACE IT ON SAMUS. NOR WOULD HE HAVE THE TIME TO PLACE IT ANYWHERE ON THE GROUND, SET IT UP, PRIME IT, GTFO, AND BLOW IT UP. HE'D BE DEAD BY THEN.

tl;dr C-4 is useless.

tocador

Smash Lord
The wave beam works just like an electrolaser because of its paralyzing and electric effects. Just like an electrolaser.

Anyway, an electrolaser works differently because it sends a stream of plasma that makes contact first with the target and then sends the shock in that stream. It works like a lightning.

And, I see you confuse the term close ranged defense with melee defense. All firearms are close range defense weapons. Artillery weapons are long ranged. Knives and the such are melee.`

And these are railgun shots:

Just read what i posted above you:

It is unlikely for the wave beam to be what you are saying it is: As in metroid it was described as:
" the Wave Beam generated a single bolt that moved forward in a sine curve and passed through walls"

And using this info: "Neither electrolasers or lightining, or electricity can go through walls."

We can only conclude that Wave beam =/= Electrolaser/Electricity/Laser

It is a "beam", a wave beam.

tocador

Smash Lord
Also, Tocador:

"In Metroid Prime, the Wave Beam takes on a different role. Here, it is one of the three "elemental" beams, it representing the element of Electricity."

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Wave_Beam

That's as realistic as the wave beam can get.
Unrealistic much?

Plus, samus weapons contradict themselves and change withing the games, so really, what are we using, which samus version are we using?

Edit: What is a elemental beam ^^? Its is just unrealistic to produce electricity out of no-where and shoot it prescisely, as electricity dont move straight forward, nor follow people like it did on Mprime.

So even if we consider it as a real gun, it wont be accurate, it will in fact be so unnaccurate, you might just use it as a melee weapon at best.

UncleSam

Smash Master
In the side scrolling Metroid games the wave beam can pass through walls.
Prime series it did not, and was electrical.
contradictory? not as much as you think.
still working on the AN94, gas-operated wtf?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
The one that is more realistic, of course.

Besides, giving her the wave beam AND the power beam with the 2D games effects is redundant.

tocador

Smash Lord
Its is just unrealistic to get electricity out of no-where(how she produces/stocks it?) and shoot it prescisely, as electricity dont move straight forward, nor follow people like it did on Mprime.

So even if we consider it as a real gun, it wont be accurate, it will in fact be so unnaccurate, you might just use it as a melee weapon at best.
Reposting it in case you didnt notice :D.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Snake's RPG:
it doesn't home... nuff' said.
Super missile does... nuff' said.

Is this MU over yet?

UncleSam

Smash Master
In the side scrolling Metroid games the wave beam can pass through walls.
Prime series it did not, and was electrical.
contradictory? not as much as you think.
still working on the AN94, gas-operated wtf?
The wave beam also has good auto-homing...
you people don't listen
EDIT: toc read my WoT on the railgun
wave beam > railgun

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I don't think you understood what I said.

An electrolaser is a type of electroshock weapon which is also a directed-energy weapon. It uses lasers to form an electrically conductive Laser-Induced Plasma Channel (LIPC).

A fraction of a second later, a powerful electric current is sent down this plasma channel and delivered to the target, thus functioning overall as a large-scale, high energy, long-distance version of the Taser electroshock gun.

They are very accurate. It doesn't just shoot a huge thunder that gooes to the skies.

And you can store enough electricity to kill a man in this little thing:

And Unlce, I am listening to you, but why argue or disscuss if Toc its the one we need to bring down?

UncleSam

Smash Master
And Unlce, I am listening to you, but why argue or disccus if Toc its the one we need to bring down?
oh you're rooting for Samus?
ok I have this easy then... you keep distracting toc while I find ways to nerf the AN94 compared to Samus.
Gas-operated still makes on sense...

tocador

Smash Lord
Paya, i get you, and i know what electrolaser do.

But wave beam isnt it, it is electricity in fact, and electricity cant be aimed at all. So it turn out to be a pretty much melee weapon.

Understand nao?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Paya, i get you, and i know what electrolaser do.

But wave beam isnt it, it is electricity in fact, and electricity cant be aimed at all. So it turn out to be a pretty much melee weapon.

Understand nao?
It's free roaming plasma (i.e. lightning)
understand nao?
power beam is condensed plasma.
plasma beam is more leik lava
Ice beam is supercooled condensed gas.
you guys I skimmed through like 6 pages and every post I saw had Snake ****-riding so I was like "I'm all alone"

tocador

Smash Lord
And Toc:

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma_Beam

Meet the plasma beam. The fact that she has the technology means she could use the Wave beam like an electrolaser.

And don't bring up the it is a weapon argument.

Samus has been shown to be able to diminish its power for other uses in Prime 3.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, no she cant.

IT SHOOTS ELECTRICITY, it dosent shoot lasers, or anything like that, quit trying.

You cant control electricity(aim'ish like) like you can shoot a bullet. Elec just dosent go straight, it dissipates everywhere, it is pointless shooting it at a distance even bigger than half a metter, as it wouldnt even hit snake that badly.

Wave beam = elec, not lasers, not electrolasers, not PH1R3, just dont say it is what it isnt.

UncleSam

Smash Master
¬¬.

Lightning isnt plasma, wtf are you talking about?
it's hot enough to be considered plasma, it heats the air around it to astounding temperatures to be considered plasma. even though it is electrical how it heats up and works could make it considered plasma in a sense.

@AN94: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN-94

It exists, wants more proof than this?
I know it exists but it's still ********.

@Railgun: Brb getting info on it xD
you do that...

payasofobia

Smash Champion
It shoots plasma-directed electricity. I would agree if she didn't have the technology to do it, but she has it.

The fact that she has a plasma beam, that she can control its power and at the same time combine these beams into one its proof enough that it is an electrolaser.

IRL the wave beam has enough technology to be considered an electrolaser.

tocador

Smash Lord
Double post for annoyance:

She dosent have a plasma channel she can shoot, mainly because plasma channels are made from LASERS(which she dosent have).

Basically you can make plasma channels from 2 ways:

1."With a high-powered laser that operates at a certain frequency that will provide enough energy for an atmospheric gas to break into its ions, or form a plasma, such as in a Laser-Induced Plasma Channel, for example in an electrolaser."

or

2.With a voltage higher than the dielectric breakdown voltage applied across a dielectric, and dielectric breakdown occurs.

Basically, samus cant do neither of both. And just to comment, she cant reach such high temperatures to produce plasma, so wtf are you talking about?

Top Bottom