• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, heres the thing:

could it be possible for a laser gun to work?

if it is possible, just unlikley for us...then couldnt the "future tech" clause be used?

tocador

Smash Lord
You have to be universal about it then. Can't have double standards if so.

So explain ZSS's weapon again please? I recall someone saying it ran off of plasma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_(physics)

Just asking out of clarification.

More spamming...
I actually fell from the chair with this pic because i was laughing so hard.

And i actually got hurt, happy now? Look what you made me do! I cant practice jiu-jitsu for one week now U>U

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I actually fell from the chair with this pic because i was laughing so hard.

And i actually got hurt, happy now? Look what you made me do! I cant practice jiu-jitsu for one week now U>U

Just sit in your chair and relax and enjoy every1 that I've spammed with pics...
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9360416&postcount=2
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9360383&postcount=8
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9350032&postcount=8
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9350053&postcount=15
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9273246&postcount=16152
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0#movie_player (:laugh:)

Just pour some Robitussin on it and hope for the best....:bee:

But as far as the MU, I think it's Snake who wins. We just need to determine what the spacies have as far as weapons.

REL38

Smash Lord
Spacies have a machine gun that's labeled "Machine Gun".

Ammo isn't specified as far as I know.

"Machine Gun" would have a bullet type ammo system by default, no?
Unless gameplay displays otherwise . . .

No point in making plasma work if you guys didn't make it work for Samus :/

Nova9000

Smash Lord

And I bring up the Falcon argument.
Would they actually have bullets in the future?
I see so many lasers and no bullets so...

JOE!

Smash Hero
falcon originally shot bullets...dont tell me we are doing a huge version of roy vs Dk again, where we revert to the 1st option after much lulz? XD

as for samus, we gave her wave beam (electrolaser) and 1 missle

UncleSam

Smash Master
falcon originally shot bullets...dont tell me we are doing a huge version of roy vs Dk again, where we revert to the 1st option after much lulz? XD

The missile kinda sucks IMO.
give her another beam.

EDIT: Vote Toon Link!*

*and not Lucario

REL38

Smash Lord

Falcon recieving laser pistol didn't necessarily lie in the theory of "future = lasers".
Other factors are present to support Falcon having a laser
i.e. comic

Samus got the electrolaser since it was the only weapon Samus had that could possibly work in a modified version.
Cooled plasma and plasma in general wasn't accepted to work by the whole, being us.
Plasma isn't a viable weapon.

Falco can get a machine gun, but Snake is much more likely to land the first strike due to his extensive experience on the field and with weapons.

Falco is an ace pilot, not military man.

Snake wins.

:snake::snake::snake:

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@ JOE!
We took a lot of things for granted before, but seems like every1 wants to be nerfed because of something. And if Falcon's gun was nerfed and so was Wario's, then why should Falco keep a machine gun that shoots nothing but ionized gas? Can't do that...
@ US
What other beam could she have?
Vote ROB!

Since no1 does anyway...
@ REL
How didn't Falcon fit? He's from the future....so are the spacies....and as a bounty hunter he has to have something lethal/fatal to defend himself. The comic just showed what his pistol could do.
Samus got the electrolaser because....well Toc had a statement about it....
Falco would probably lose this, that I will concur, but still....what happens since their gattling is gone and his sniper is all energy based?

We used to accept these things...now we have to prove inconsequential things now....*shrugs*

REL38

Smash Lord
According to sci-fi and gaming logic, a laser is capable of being lethal.

According to real life, a handheld laser doesn't work very well to take a life.

Sucks for Falcon

http://arwinglanding.net/sf2/index.php?page=weapons

Ammo isn't necessarily specified and by the name, "machine gun", it can be assumed it spits bullets.

The name "Sniper Rifle" assumes the usage of bullets, but gameplay reveals it's energy based.

Unless gameplay states otherwise, it has bullets

Nova9000

Smash Lord

Sucks for Falcon

Ammo isn't necessarily specified and by the name, "machine gun", it can be assumed it spits bullets.

The name "Sniper Rifle" assumes the usage of bullets, but gameplay reveals it's energy based.

SO what the heck then? You've contradicted yourself now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxlfULvlvm0 @ 1:17

The machine gun is lasers buddy. Congrats on you and the double standard you placed on the spacies. There is one other thing you could try, but that's for you to figure out. ;)

And btw, if it's off of game mechanics, then Falcon never used his gun in his games. 1 illustration is what you're going off, not his game.

REL38

Smash Lord

Sucks for Falcon

Notice how I, myself, am uncertain about what the gameplay entails which is why I kept saying, ". . . unless gameplay states otherwise"
The weapon having bullets is mere assumption in regards to the name.

In regards to not dooming em', it's the rating system or gameplay mechanic.
It's an E-rated game.
Those don't allow bullets nowadays.

MGS3, enemy soldiers wielded AK-47's and similar RL weapons, but their shots all appeared as laser-like. Green in coloration.
Even a bosses Revolver expeled red laser-like bullets.
This is so for a certain reason, being for the player.
This can be present in SFA, for their rating.

But then again, gameplay/canon is being seen as the absolute with little mercy saying otherwise.

i.e. Charizard's fire

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Notice how I, myself, am uncertain about what the gameplay entails which is why I kept saying, ". . . unless gameplay states otherwise"
The weapon having bullets is mere assumption in regards to the name.

In regards to not dooming em', it's the rating system or gameplay mechanic.
It's an E-rated game.
Those don't allow bullets nowadays.

MGS3, enemy soldiers wielded AK-47's and similar RL weapons, but their shots all appeared as laser-like. Green in coloration.
Even a bosses Revolver expeled red laser-like bullets.
This is so for a certain reason, being for the player.
This can be present in SFA, for their rating.

But then again, gameplay/canon is being seen as the absolute with little mercy saying otherwise.

i.e. Charizard's fire
And where does it say Falcon has a laser pistol?
Idk about Wario so I can't make that case.
And I think just about EVERY Nintendo game is rated T or less.
Otherwise we'd see some gory scenes with LoZ, Pokemon would actually die rather than faint, Kongs would kill Kremlings, ect.
Nintendo makes its $$$ off of innocence from these type of things, so thts a poor rebuttal.
But you and I know that they would have bullets if it weren't for the rating so :dizzy:.....

JOE!

Smash Hero
lets put it this way:

what would be the ramifications if we pull "a wizzard did it" and let the lasers work as they are shown?

IE: Spacies get their guns as they did from the start, falcon gets his gun to work, Samus...stays the same cus the shot from that canon with the wave beam = pwn, etc?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Then life would be simple and we could have some good debates; I'm down for it. Also add Wario to that as well; he has a gun. But hey thts how it goes sometimes....

UncleSam

Smash Master
One of his forms in one of his games has a gun.
I'm being vague to get my point across that it seems a bit silly.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
OMG HOW CAN A LITTLE BALL SHOOT STUFF???
Someone has never played Command and Conquer Red Alert.

Two words. Tesla, Coil. Looks a little like a mini weaponised form of it, the electricity is usually harmless but they can be altered to be dangerous or fatal. People have burned their hands off and stuff.

Also Falco and Fox's guns are far more then plausible. We could even make working (Although rather weak laser/plasma/energy/whatever compared to what could happen ) versions nowadays with modern technology let alone future space travel and Human-Animal hybrids technology. It's just not worth the time, production, money and research we'd need to put into it for the actual benefits we'd get over guns right now.

It would really help if the people who were trying to take the whole "Lol that wouldn't work" science side of things actually knew anything at all and weren't completely ********.

Sieguest

Smash Master
It would really help if the people who were trying to take the whole "Lol that wouldn't work" science side of things actually knew anything at all and weren't completely ********.
All your good points aside, it would really help if you were not so narrow and one-sided.

JOE!

Smash Hero
imma ignore those pics for two reasons:

1) a tesla coil is a highly impractical weapon because it's accuracy is -9001. On top of this, if wario's gun were a tesla coil, it is not only horridly innacurate, but horridly weak due to it's size.

2) you presented your info like an ***, please be civil when presenting these kinds of things, and maybe we'll listen

and yeah, Wario's gun is silly, not allowed.

On another note, I dont see exactly what would differ from them getting lasers vs bullets, besides stopping power (mentioned in falco vs falcon of all things :p).

so, the following get weapons restored:

Spaceys

Failcon

Spamus...is fine as is

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
imma ignore those pics for two reasons:

1) a tesla coil is a highly impractical weapon because it's accuracy is -9001. On top of this, if wario's gun were a tesla coil, it is not only horridly innacurate, but horridly weak due to it's size.
A regular Tesla coil has no accuracy to speak of because it is not a weapon however Tesla did once alter a coil to use lightning in a straight path he did this mainly for ****s and giggles and to set the record for the longest horizontal bolt of man made electricity. (Which he still holds to this day around a century later) It could easily be accurate due to the nature of the electricity it would probably be easier to hit with then a regular gun. And also it would be far from weak the size would hardly effect the strength at all mainly it would limit the range. The range would be short(For a gun) 40-50 feet perhaps?

But that aside you miss the point of the post. I wasn't claiming Wario's gun was based on a Tesla coil, I was just using that as an example to respond to the point that Wario's gun couldn't possibly do anything because there was no opening at the end for anything to come out of. Not all weapons need to have an opening to fire projectiles of some form. The end could be many things from an electrical conductor to the focusing point for a Teleforce weapon or super heated/ionized particle beam. Teleforce is iffy though nobody really knows if it would work. I would be happy to disregard Wario's gun for the purpose of the thread myself but "It has a bobble on the end" is not a sufficient reason.

2) you presented your info like an ***, please be civil when presenting these kinds of things, and maybe we'll listen
Not at all. My info was presented just fine. The statement at the end after the info had already been presented was given with an attitude of course. It was meant to, I looked through a lot of irritating posts where people completely dismissed things offhand as implausible when it was very clear they did not actually know anything at all about the subject matter. It could just be explained to them but while doing this they did it an extremely douchey and condescending manner. Therefore I decided to give them the same treatment in return.

JOE!

Smash Hero
actually, the size will limit the power, due to the amount of charge the weapon could contain and/or produce is limited.

And where is the prrof that tesla made it shoot in an accurate form again? As of now that info has no basis, and if so, could it be replicated by a seeimingly squirt-gun esque version, with no electrical equipment attached besides the top looking like a tesla coil?

But regardless, the weapon is out.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
ctually, the size will limit the power, due to the amount of charge the weapon could contain and/or produce is limited.
The amount of charge contained in a very small weapon would be limited but it would not affect the power. Let me clarify by "Power" I meant "Lethality" the electricity would no doubt be less powerful but for the purposes of killing or injuring the reduction would be minimal. What would happen with a smaller weapon is that after entering a person the energy would not have the necessary force to arc through them and jump from person to person like a large tesla weapon would and would rather dissipate into the ground. But as for a small one being unable to generate the power necessary to kill a person? I am confident that is not the case.

And where is the prrof that tesla made it shoot in an accurate form again? As of now that info has no basis,
The most public example was at the 1893 World Columbian Exposition (Sometimes called The Chicago World Fair) where Tesla conducted the harmless form of his lightning through his own body and fired bolts of electricity out of his fingertips in front of over 27 million people over the course of the Fairs duration. I remember seeing a picture once in a book although a short internet search is unable to find it to post here but it looked almost exactly like the Force Lightning in the Star Wars films (srsly) in terms of accuracy, just like the Force Lightning there were lots of smaller branch offs but most of the energy was directed straight forwards.

As for the dangerous form, he managed to produce a bolt of lightning over 100 feet in length in 1899 at the Colorado springs lab and the incident is well documented from his Notes at the lab which have been published and eyewitness reports from people at the lab.

and if so, could it be replicated by a seeimingly squirt-gun esque version, with no electrical equipment attached besides the top looking like a tesla coil?
You can make a fairly powerful Tesla coil smaller then a Pepsi can. One scientist was shocked,severely burned and only just managed to escape with his life by a coil around the size of a large Grapefruit. It is entirely possible for all the components and electrical equipment of a lethal coil to be contained within the casing of Wario's gun in the picture provided.

However like I stated earlier I am still fine with Wario's gun not being included. The only thing I am doing is arguing against the claim that it is not theoretically possible at all.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Xia

I didn't even bother mentioning a Tesla Coil due to the fact that it was already explained to not be particularly useful earlier in the thread.
When the weapon was first introduced.

It's actual potency is not my arguement.

@JOE

So what you're saying is, Samus has full use of Wave, Nova, Imperialist and Annihilator Beam, Spacies can use all weapons and Falcon has a lethal laser pistol again?

. . . .

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@ JOE!

Now we have to re do matches...

@ Xia

Nice try and I appreciate the backup, but I kinda knew where it was going...I just tried for Wario's sake.

@ syrup

OP should be read next time...
Got me Rick Rolled...

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
@Xia

I didn't even bother mentioning a Tesla Coil due to the fact that it was already explained to not be particularly useful earlier in the thread.
When the weapon was first introduced.

It's actual potency is not my arguement.[/SIZE]
Haha yes I did see that conversation but I didn't mark it as important. Why?

Because the grand extent of it "being explained to not be particularly useful" was one guy going "Hmm, looks like a Tesla coil...Would probably be pretty weak though!!!111" and Nothingmoar! I don't really count that as a good explanation.

JOE!

Smash Hero
the small coil you mentioned, was the ENTIRETY as big as the grapefruit, or just the node?

anywho, its a stupid idea for a weapon as at that size, it is jus wayyy too unreliable.

So what you're saying is, Samus has full use of Wave, Nova, Imperialist and Annihilator Beam, Spacies can use all weapons and Falcon has a lethal laser pistol again?
re-read what I said, samus is staying with wave beam, Spacies get the original guns they allways had (from smash to keep em unique) and how is Falcon any different with a laser as opposed to the pistol?

JOE!

Smash Hero
interesting.

now, could it do the same thing twice withing i dunno... 5seconds in case the 1st shot misses?

JOE!

Smash Hero
That's my catchphrase >:L
ohhh snap...

I know what the nest MU is

anywho, lets say we give Falco the equal of his Brawl Laser, as he's essentially had throughout TDB.

any changes?

(while we're at it: Falcon change ups? or Fox?)

JOE!

Smash Hero
no, rel, re-read what me and nova said:

we are only giving the spacies and failcon working pistols, as when you think about it: what truly bad things can come from it besides good conversation? The pistols dont make them suddenly uber-tier any more than they were when they had the pistols still in earlier rounds, and it gives them something to use to avoid confusion with "crap, what can they do again?" comes up

Top Bottom