• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter. Doo-blah is coming...it should be done by the time you get out of class REL....lol. JK but I have this [not exaggerating] wall of text and we'll see.

UncleSam

Smash Master
But just to add something of worth, fat isn't too much of a factor for the IC's performance. There are other factors that play a more significant role here.
yet apparently, it's all you've been talking about for the past few days.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski

@Holo

Air goes out through one set of tiny holes.
wow wut a good answer.
Is this in the game cuz I didn't see it in Pikmin 1.
Pikmin are made of something. Their durability has been shown to resist stabs, small explosions and giant swips from enemies. The Pikmin have been shown to survive the swiping of a large crustaceon. What's suggested from this is that their skin is made out of a "bark" like substance that's very resistant to attack.
waits to see how much flak I'll for this one :/
Uhh...
Just so it can resist doesn't mean it can hit... well.
Pikmin are smart enough to not even bother attacking enemies it knows it can't defeat.

The Breadbug is an amored foe that scavenges for food. No matter what you do, Pikmin will not swarm this enemy. They know enough to not attack because they can't even climb on to it. It's hide is too thick for the Pikmin to climb on top of.
Okay how is this relevent?

Pikmin are intelligent enough to attack the obvious weak spot on the back of the Hermit Crawmad. Pikmin know enough to attack the most distinct part of the body that's different from the rest of the body.

Pikmin would see that the most distinct part of the IC's body are their faces. They stick out the most. They would go for that area which would result in their eyes being gnashed along with facial tissue.
Doesn't Olimar throw the pacmen on? I thought they atk'd wherever they landed...
In regards to Olimar's punch, yes, it is terrible in Pikmin. It has next to no real use and limited to one punch per second. But in Pikmin 2, his punch is about the same until he recieves the upgrade which makes his punch waaaaay more useful in taking out enemies. He dishes out 3 at a time. His punches are enough to take down a lot of enemies in the game.
Ok but what about in RL?
Does he have exp with punching?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
DOO-Blah!

Ok you two, Let me try a different approach with this...

According to both REL and/or JOE!:

-ICs are obese and have wide faces.
-Olimar is now OliMayweather because of his brass/metal knuckles.
-Oli and Louie communicate by whistling.
-ICs are kindergardners.
-Pikmin will not blind but ICs will.
-I lack originality because of quotes.
-ICs don't climb mountains in their game but just camp on the 1st level.
-ICs don't beat bears.
-Oli can communicate through his life support tank.
-ICs only exercise from killing seals.
-Pikmin have needle-like claws that are fatal.
-ICs panic at everything.
-Pikmin are for lack of a better term, slaves.
-Pikmin only fight battles they can win.

-I need to read zoobooks.

I probably missed some other points, but this is the gist of it I believe.

1. Do you know what obesity really is? US and I both posted it, but to be sure you understand, obesity is when excess fat starts to cause health problems. This is determined by Body Mass Index (BMI). Overweight is when your BMI is between 25 and 30 kg/m(sq) . Obese is a BMI above that. The ICs can be overweight, but obese is what they are not. And just because they have extra meat on their bones doesn't mean they don't have the muscle there to back it up. They are not obese so please quit saying that they are. Overweight is acceptable, but obese is false.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23865498@N07/2271716139/
Oh and btw, look at Oli's head? Seems a bit wide...is he obese too? That suit could have a gurdle under it for all we know...

2. So Oli has metal gloves. That doesn't make him strong at all. If the force behind the punch is weak, then the metal won't do so much. Oli can be strong for his species, which I will not take away from him, but still. Oli throws a few punches in Pikmin doesn't make him an awesome fighter, especially when Pikmin do the brunt of the work anyway in their game. But hey, to each their own...Oli has the ability to perform Hocatate punches now. Any punch would hurt realistically, so meh...

3. Let me get this straight. Two beings of the same species would communicate by making noise? Now I believe even less that Oli can whistle and amplify it out of his suit. Whistling is not a sustainable means of communication. You about you try talking to your mom and have a conversation whistling (without non-verbal communication)? You would have to distinguish so many things in the language it's not possible to be able to do so whistling. And to add to that, Pikmin do many things in response to a whistle from Oli, but every whistle tone sounds the same to me...not buying the communication thing even if you could prove that he can whistle outside of his suit (which I'm not entirely sold on to begin with).

4. Ok, I hope you're good at math. Let's try something called a proportion. I posted this link before: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/83/why-do-******-people-stay-there
The average ****** is 5'2". If you continue to read it it will explain a few more things about the Eskimos and how you can relate them to the ICs.
http://www.halls.md/chart/men-height-w.htm
Average height for a male is 5'10".
http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/nursery/heights.htm
Average height of a 5 yr old and 10 yr old are 110cm and 140 cm, respectively.
Converting these metric units into the english version we have:
1 cm: 0.3937 in so...
110cm: 43.307in and 140cm: 55.118in.
1in: 0.08333...so...
The 5 yr old is 3.60891652231 ft tall and the 10 yr old is 4.59316648294 ft tall.
Now don't get lost yet...
To get the proportionat height for a ****** kid, multiply the height of the ****** by the height of the kid(s). Then divide by the height of the American male.
We get appx. 3.2' for a 5 yr old and 4.02' for a 10 yr old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh4rsoRkkt4
How much taller is Mario than the ICs? Not very much if you ask me. Oh and check my math if you wish; I don't mess up often when it comes to remedial math.
And in case you're wondering, the ICs are short like that for a reason. The extremeties are the most vurnerable part of the body, so they are built with shorter arms and legs and a wider torso. Don't tell me they aren't 10 yr olds please.

5. You are really overrating the Pikmin in RL. They can gorge out the eyes of the ICs, but they can also get their eyes gorged out as well. Think about it. If you are afraid of something getting into your eyes, you either cover them or close them. Pikmin have too little arms to cover their eyes and idk if they have eyelids. Either way, they can get squeezed and die. They can get stepped on. They can get slammed. Hammer time can occur. Ics kill Pikmin more effectively than they can harm the ICs.

6. I made the response that way so hopefully you would realize how little common sense it takes to disprove some of these theories you have. But hey, I feel as though there is no need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to something factual being said. But if that's what I am, then call it what you see it. Read my avatar for my rebuttal.

7. :laugh:
Am I supposed to take this seriously? I mean, the object is to reach the top in the game, and you're telling me they would rather camp on the 1st level? And you wonder why I sigged ET's post.

8. I can accept this one. Bears in RL would **** the ICs. And the glasses make him an undercover agent for the MIB. But they have seen a bear and know how to run from it. Besides that, you're right

9. This tank of his, it looks very...limited. He only has enough for 30 days on this planet and you're saying that he can use it to send thousands of whistles daily? Don't know about you, but life support seems rather precious to me and he's using it to whistle...I don't buy it. Now you could also say that there is a mechanism to amplify the sound produced.
http://nparsons271.tripod.com/pikmin/id23.html
I don't see how that would happen. There is no microphone for him to speak into inside his helmet. There are buttons that could be used on his suit, but that would be a hazard in itself. The most logical place to put it would be in the helmet, which has nothing. And again if he has a limited air supply, wouldn't that shorten the amount of time he has?

10. Climb a rock formation and tell me that isn't exercise. Muscles you didn't know existed are used when rock climbing. And that is child's play compared to a mountain. Now I'm questioning your intrepretation of exercise...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise
be sure to read the entire intro paragraph and tell me how the ICs are obese.

Where are the needle-like claws? When you find them let me know and then you can explain how to use them since (from what I've seen) they headbutt and get thrown at to kill enemies.

12. If the ICs paniced at everything, they would died a long time ago. But they brave the harsh weather of the mountain, the animals that are there, the multitude of possible threats, and other things. So a mini man with a power ranger color set of weeds aren't going to have the ICs shaking in their boots. If anything, they would kill it just because. And how hard it to grab one by the stem and fling it around? They could grab a purple one and fling it at all the rest and call it a day. Or even worse throing it at Oli, causing a crack in his helmet. And this "fear" you speak of, would turn into adrenline. I agree kids panic when the situation gets ugly, but they would panic more at the MIBear than at Oli and Pikmin.

13. The next two I'm doing together because they contradict. Pikmin do what they're "told"
yet they're smart...oxymoronic IMO. If they were so smart, then why do they fight for Oli? Why doesn't Oli work for them? And you say they don't particpate in fights they cannot win. Well, when you lack the numbers, such as in this MU, and you see two mallets, common sense says you need more than ten Pikmin to win. So either they obey Oli and advance, making them dumb because of ignoring common sense, or they ignore Oli and stay away, making Oli a sitting duck and therefore dumb. I see it as a lose-lose situation for Pikmin.

14. I exaggerated the animal references on purpose, just to prove a point. Since Oli Isn't human, you cannot compare the two when it comes to being an adult and youth. A grown organism doesn't make it any stronger than the next due to age. And since REL used animals, I did the same thing. The difference is REL compared the same species, when even he said Oli isn't human so you cannot compare the two. But it has been about 13 yrs since I read Zoobooks; maybe I should order a copy for myself.

DOO-Blah is done. I await rebuttals.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Uhh wait.
Where does Olimar gets his energy?
The human body needs oxygen to burn energy.
Olimar is toxic to oxygen.
There is only one other (small) sourceof energy and it lasts for like nothing(choke yourself until you can't take it anymore).

WELL?

Sieguest

Smash Master
All I have to say before I go back to school
is
@REL
in that post you made addressing me 1 or 2 pages back
you contradicted yourself...

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Btw, US is starting a discussion in the back room so we need opinions on how to handle them.

tocador

Smash Lord
Uhh wait.
Where does Olimar gets his energy?
The human body needs oxygen to burn energy.
Olimar is toxic to oxygen.
There is only one other (small) sourceof energy and it lasts for like nothing(choke yourself until you can't take it anymore).

WELL?
If you want to know, there are anaerobics beings on earth, oli can just be one.

REL38

Smash Lord
Oh boy.

One more go at this :/
Thanks for an organized response Nova.

Based off of what Toc posted, he is right with the weight of the IC's in relation to how eskimos appear.
Short and stocky, but with some fat to keep warm. I accept this.

Olimar is a bit chubby in his apperance. But nothing really note-worthy.

As you said, Nova, any punch would still hurt. But the fact that his punch was able to hurt creatures as large as himself suggests he has a strong punch (w/brass knuckles). I'm not saying he's hercules strong, body builder strong or even grown human strong; his punch would damage the IC's regardless, especially due to the "brass knuckles".

Olimar's "whistle" is used to call Louie when he's doing something else. This can be a simple, sustained sound to grab Louie's attention that can be accompanied by Olimar waving his hands in a "Follow Me" motion. Different frequencies can be used in a more "direct" method of giving orders via a form of "Morse Code".
In regards to the Pikmin, they already show a reaction from sound from natural wildlife (Antennae Beetle).
Plants respond positively to sound if it is soft and "calming/soothing". This is displayed IRL by plants reacting positively to stimuli recieved from normal human speech and orchestrated music.
Plants respond negatively to sound if it is loud and "heavy/angered". This is displayed IRL by plants reacting negatively to stimuli recieved from human yelling and Rock music.
Depending on the frequency of sound, it also can have similar effects on animals.
Ex. high pitched sound will hurt many animals ears and cause frustration or even anger.
Animals have also been trained to react to certain sound stimuli with "taught" actions.

For psychological study, Peguins have been trained to react in a set manner to a set sound frequency. Whenever it heard the set sound, it would react in the manner it was taught to react to said sound.
Even owners of guard dogs use this. They give a command at a set volume and teach the dog to react a certain manner when it hears said command w/volume.

Pikmin already have natural reactions to sound frequencies in the wild. An eratic sound frequency will attract the Pikmin and cause them to follow the source. This is how the Antennae Beetle defends itself.
Olimar would perform a similar variation of the same sound to call his Pikmin.

From here, Olimar would need to find the frequency in which the Pikmin react negatively and with rage. Upon finding said frequency, Olimar would then need to teach the Pikmin how to direct their anger. This is where handmotions can come into play.
Teaching them anything beyound one frequency would be very difficult. In the study of the peguin, it would not know how to react to different levels of sound frequency and thusly began to forget the original command. This can very well occur to the Pikmin as well which is why Olimar would need to only "teach" (more so, recognize) one command via the sound fequency.
The Pikmin are only "learning" (or recognizing) one set frequency. The original was already a default reaction.

I agree with your heights. Seems well enough true.
But using Brawl sizes to measure height is not a credible height measurement.
This is where I'm more convinced that the IC's are 5/6 year olds.
Their body dimensions match better with that of a 5/6 year old.

As Beren suggested earlier on, the Pikmin would require a form of "skeleton". But at the size they exist in-game, it is near impossible for them to posses a normal skeleton in the manner in which they perform in-game.
This is where they can posses an exoskeleton or rather an evolved form of it.
Pikmin are able to take many blows to their bodies that would prove to be fatal with a normal skeleton. But a variation of exoskeleton allows for them to more plausibly live through many in-game attacks.
This exoskeleton would also need to be compromised of a more flexible material. It would also need to effectively draw nutrients from the ground when growing. This makes it a form of exoskeleton that was evolved to properly defend the Pikmin from the hazards they face.
Increasing their size to 3 feet would make their "exoskeleton" much, much more durable to attacks which would include a mallet. One may not do damage, but repeated swings could potentionally crack through their "exoskeleton".

Tell me, what purpose do the Ice Climbers acheive from scaling a dangerous ice mountain?
To get a much less reliable food source?
To get the veggie from the Condors clutches?

The entire purpose of Ice Climber is to get food. The reward that the Condor holds is food. The climbers only climb mountains to obtain food, but why would they climb to the top of a mountain for vegetables when they have a better food source at the bottom, with less of a threat to obtain?
There's common sense for ya :/

The majority of his lolxygen tank would be used for his air. His tank only requires a very small unit that sends set frequencies and volume from this unit (in the lolxygen tank) to his "radio" (headlight) and project the sound from there.
This unit would be very small. Look at how small we've made audio storage.
Same would apply to Olimar's frequency box which would be small enough to take up almost no room inside of the lolxygen tank.

The knob would be used to send the sound. It isn't very hindering at all in its current location.
Olimar's "air" is unknown. Different gases store in different amounts. His "air" may very well not even be a known form of gas.

Climbers have no real reason to climb the mountain. This only requires a set amount of muscle exertion that isn't too demanding, but not a walk in a ballpark either. More so, a happy medium.

Pikmin climb onto the enemies hides with their claws. These claws penetrate all forms of skin aside from reptilian scales, slime skin and unknown skin type of the Breadbug.
They can't conventionally damage foes with their flows stems. It would be the equivilant of a tail whip, if that. They would rely off of their claws to effectively damage enemies. The fact that their claws penetrate all forms of skin (excluding listed exceptions) is enough evidence that they can gnash at human skin at their new height.

The IC's are only confronted by Polar Bears (run away!) and seals (which they eat). The only foe they are ever confronted with are Polar Bears, but they know enough to run away.
Confrontation with against a number of foes is something the IC's have not faced. Their only threats have been singular Polar Bear attacks.
Now they are facing 11 foes that are just as tall as they are. That alone is what makes them question attacking. They have no experience with actual fighting. Just one sided fights (IC vs Seal: win/IC vs Bear: run away).
The appearance of the Pikmin probably won't scare the IC's, but their numbers is what will worry them.

Adrenaline doesn't translate in the same manner as it does in adults. The adrenaline children feel from physical confrontation is panic. When the Pikmin swarm the IC's, their first response would be to bail. It's all they know when in a dangerous situation (ie polar bear). By running away, then are prone to trip from the weight and attacks of the Pikmin disorienting them.
This creates even more panic and confusion in the mind of the IC's. The weight of the Pikmin would limit each one from effectively making a get away. One climber may make it away, but the other will be swarmed and killed by Olimar and his Pikmin. This leaves the escaped IC too emotionally instable from being attacked and seeing their sibling dead. This will not ignite "rage". This will ignite more panic and desperation to get away from the threat. This leaves the paniced climber very open for attack when approached.
You are ignoring how children react psychogically.
Human beings as a whole prefer flight over fight. It's instinct.
Children are much more prone to flight due to their mental instability.
The only confrontations the IC's have faced are one sided battles where when things turn dangerous they will run away in fright; they choose to panic and run. It's the only response they've developed from a dangerous threat.

Pikmin hold an inert aspect in their minds that force them to "follow" their leader.
This is shown in Bulbmin who follow their "leader" no matter what. The only problem with them is that the leader Bulbmin has no method of telling the following Bublmin to attack so they merely follow.
Following their "leader" is shown in ducks as they follow their "leader" (mother) no matter what.
Wild forms of ducklings will even leap from high altitudes to continue after their mother or "leader".
Pikmin also hold this instinct. This is how the Pikmin follow Olimar. It is an inert instinct that is used whenever they are plucked from the ground.
If they aren't plucked, they will eventually unearth themselves and travel in groups.
They follow Olimir due to two reasons:

1. Reaction of sound frequencies

2. An inert "follow the leader" instinct.

Pikmin don't participate in fights where they cannot climb on enemies. Pikmin cannot climb on the Breadbug and thusly will not fight it.
Pikmin can climb on the IC's and will thusly attack it.
Mallets aren't OHKO. They are rendered useless if the Pikmin swarm the IC's.
Pikmin never retreat. They are extremely goal orriented which is a savage trait. They attack until the foe is dead. This savage trait makes them ignore enviornment which sometimes results in them following enemies into water which is a hinderance in the wild, but not when controlled. Calling them with sound frequency will take them out of their rampage and return to Olimar.

@Marthage

w/e

:p

Sieguest

Smash Master
REL
You need to play Ice Climber

They are also harassed by Topi
and more than one...

and if brawl sizes isn't a credible height measurement
then Olimar in dime sized and squashed...>__>

and seeing as how the ICs only appear in Ice Climber and in Smash
what else is to there to possibly "convince" you of age...

Sieguest

Smash Master
I be trollin' guys

Can kids wield weapons ^^? Or at least have the strentgh to use one, PROPERLY?

Ic cant use weapon, G_G.
*facepalms*
I don't know where in the hell you pulled this from, and then don't have anything to back it up...
yeah, ICs are/would be fat. Fat helps out alot in cold weather...still doesnt mean they cannot be "fit" enough to wield the light-ish wooden mallets.
*facepalms* There is a difference between fat and muscular.....I'm not saying they're fat, but they're not obese.
Hmm.
Not sure if I wanna oppose JOE's decision which will inevitably prolong this MU

or

Go with what JOE has proposed.

@___@

If we went by the logic of your no rest policy and non assumption then you've screwed nigh every character in the cast....just by trying to denounce common sense...
*facepalms*

1. IC's are still shown to be obese. They have a very wide face which supports obesity.
Mother Boys' facial features go against any sign of obesity. They only have large heads, not wide heads.
Parka's make the body appear larger, but not the head. A wide head makes them fat.
What in the **** hell are you thinking? "A wide head makes them fat"
says who? you? Now I'm not saying their skinny, but you're making them out to be slobs and that's just not true...

2. Sumo wrestling muscles =/= mountain climbing muscles.
Sumo wrestling requires training from a teacher who gives the wrestler a training regimine, diet and set amount of rest.
Mountain climbing doesn't give you the same thing as sumo wrestling. Not by a longshot.
Different muscles are used and demand different criteria from the climber.
Remember that the IC's aren't conventionally climbing mountains like normal people do. The mountains they climb are layered in a sense that each "level" is a different segment. Kinda like a temple. Similar effect that doesn't require too much physical strain. The fact that they're fat would support them waiting between each "level" to rest for large amounts of time. The fact that they can apparently lift their mallets means they can go club baby seals for food which instigates them staying fat rather than build muscle.
Since when did being fat (which I still think you're over-exaggerating) support large amounts of rest, that's just being presumptuous and stereotypical.

3. Solomar has brass knuckles.
Ever been hit by one?
They shatter facial tissue and bones.
Olimar is a middle-aged dude by his species. He would have a hefty punch alone.
Brass Knuckles? I've never seen them...>___>
or are you ASSUMING this?...

5. No mountain climbing gear.
Canon does not support this. Going off the fact that they "climb mountains and thusly require it" contradicts canon. Canon only gives them wooden mallets which can still be conventionally used to climb the type of mountains they climb. This logic limits Mario and Luigi to plumbing gear, gives Peach nothing more than a parasol, gives Falcon bounty hunting gear and gives Link only a sword.
They have a rope too you know... If I remember right... 2P mode...
EDIT: Nah, they didn't
they just belayed off of each other....:O

6. Fanboyism = Bias.
trufax

@Marthage

I was referring to "rest".
You're taking things into a different context than what I said and applying methods of "let's screw em" to characters.
Rest and RL applications are very much different. Not the same at all.

IC's display no examples of "baby steps". Every mountain is the same size in-game, but with different traps and obstacles. There is no display of "baby steps" in-game.
You're really contradicting yourself
REST IS AN RL FACTOR.....
*Facepalms*

IC's would not have said climbing equipment.
We bring the brawlers to RL, not RL to the Brawlers. That automatically takes away the climbing tools the IC's would "realistically" require. That leaves them with what they've been shown to posses in canon. Being wooden mallets.
Logically speaking, RL climbers would rest, but Ice Climber never showed this. They climbed at a constant rate. Canon supports this. Logic has no supremecy over the way canon made it work. Canon made it so the IC's climb at a constant rate with no rest.
Taking the brawlers into RL screws some over, but keeps things balanced enough for it to work.
In this case, the IC's lack of rest in-game screws them over.

Hell no....
Canon only shows in game, and by this you're saying we can't assume rest,
by that same token we can't assume rest for characters in between games...
So it seems we'll have a lot of characters screwed over, especially since save points don't exist IRL.

EDIT: **** I thought someone would post by the time I finished this.....
....double post fail....

REL38

Smash Lord
@Marthage

Even if it burns your eyes, read my walls of text.

I already answered many of the things you pointed out.
For example, I've already admitted the IC's are not obese, but rather their body type is built like that due to being Eskimos. Toc explained it in a convincing manner so I agreed.

Jeeeeeez :p

The rest thing was the only factor I applied. You applied rest and many other RL factors I was not addressing.
But this is rather irrelevent at the moment so VM me about it (so I can address it in a more time effecient manner) or keep it in mind until the MU ends.

Just responding to the MU alone takes up much of my time. I can't handle a 3rd point -__-
I'm only human ya know :/

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
1.You apparently are ignoring the fact that food at the base of the mountain is limited. It is finite, is capable of running dry, and when that happens they would either need to attack bigger game such as adult seals, or move to another part of the mountain in order to obtain that food.

2. You also are continuously not taking into account the fact they would need to explore the area well, and get to know it despite the conditions they live in. The Base of a mountain is bound to have smaller hills and some forestry around the area, thus on those hills they would be required to exert themselves more than normal in order to complete the take of trudging over it. Remember, the world is not flat, it, like our brains, has a lot of wrinkles, albeit nature-made and having no real purpose other than existing there.

3.The ICs can rip them off of their parka's, those tiny fingers those Pikmin have will not give them much grip at all. The ICs can and will take them off, and they can throw them. They are not defenseless against this, and you keep acting as though they are defenseless against the Pikmin if they swarm.

They probably have seen a herd of seals at the base of the mountain before if you think it will provide them with a food source. Seeing herds of animals would be nothing new to them, thus not only would they not panic, the would fight back and attempt to smash, crush, and stomp the Pikmin. Even if they have exoskeletons, knocking one over and stomping on it WILL kill it. Period.

4.The Mallets the ICE CLimbers have have a RL comparison now. I found it while searching for the weight of one online. Here is my comparison.

This is a Japanese "Kiduchi" Mallet, used for "woodworking, woodcarving, and adjusting blades on wooden planes". The biggest of these mallets weight around 480g, have a length of 355 mm and a head with dimensions of 60 x 150 mm. The one I am talking about obviously, is the one on the right. The one on the left is more like a version the ICs have.

The size of it's head is approximately 300% bigger in width, and its length is an increase of around 150% size. Making it about 450% bigger overall. Bringing it to around to a dimension of 180 by 255mm with a total surface area of 40500 mm. This would increase its weight quite a bit.

The original weight of the largest mallet is 480g (grams) by taking the length of the mallet (355mm)by the area of the head (150*60=9000 mm), I determined that the head of the Mallet make up around 61% of the total weight of the mallet.

480 * 0.61 = 292.8 g, that means that the Mallet head makes up over half the weight. Now take this by 450% and add 187.2g back into it to account for the handle.(the amount needed to fill back in the rest of the earlier 450g)

292.8 * 4.5 = 1317.6 + 187.2 = 1504.8g

Quite the hefty hammer don't you think? Now lets convert it to pounds via the Calculator (On my computer) using the conversions option.

1504.8g -> Lbs =3.31 lbs

Not bad at all. The force the ICs could impose on these could be potentially crushing against the head of a Pikmin. In addition to the cleated boots, this gives the ICs quite a bit of killing power.

5.The Pikmin's skin that is shown does not suggest such a skin-type, bark would be visible to the naked eye, thus they do not have bark-like skin. The rigidity of such skin would make it extremely hard for the Pikmin to move, and thus would be disadvantageous to them in the long run. Also the anatomy of their bodies should be taken in to account visually.

http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Pikmin_family

Look at their hands, those little things, as earlier stated, will not give them enough grip to avoid being taken by the antennae and flung around, as Nova earlier suggested. Those little arms of theirs are also very weak, which is why 10 or more are required to lift objects many times their own weight. Since this is true, the Pikmin can be smacked around by the hammers and be scattered around, once that is done, they are easy pickings.

*STOMP, KER-WHACK, THUMP!* They die one by one.

6.The fact the ICs will climb the mountain to extents is evidence enough that they would build up toned muscle. In fact, any amount of exercise they do, whether they walk, jog, climb, or hunt, would result in them exerting themselves. Besides, you act as if wall they will do is sit around all day doing nothing in between hunts. No, they will move around and explore, like the Pikmin, children are curious by nature, so they will explore the mountain, even if they climb only one level of the mountain, this kind of daily exercise would build muscle tone. Period.

7.The instant the ICs knock Olimar over, he is vulnerable, he will be killed if they stomp on him with their cleated boots, or break open his helmet with their mallets. The force they can exert on those hammers can be enough to break bone from a direct hit as well.

They could also just put their foot on his chest and put their full weight into it, crushing his ribcage.

Sieguest

Smash Master
@Marthage

Even if it burns your eyes, read my walls of text.

I already answered many of the things you pointed out.
For example, I've already admitted the IC's are not obese, but rather their body type is built like that due to being Eskimos. Toc explained it in a convincing manner so I agreed.

Jeeeeeez :p

The rest thing was the only factor I applied. You applied rest and many other RL factors I was not addressing.
But this is rather irrelevent at the moment so VM me about it (so I can address it in a more time effecient manner) or keep it in mind until the MU ends.

Just responding to the MU alone takes up much of my time. I can't handle a 3rd point -__-
I'm only human ya know :/
No, I applied strictly your "non-assumption of rest" to these other games and pulled that...

and
It's your fault... shoulda thought about it...
*takes to VMs*
@Marthage's Quote from me:

I never said Obese, just fat, Fluffy if you will
*nods*

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
how can an IC throw a pikmin, but Oli cannot? are they not of similar size?
Your fault for deciding to make them so huge, my fault for contradicting that point. Still doesn't mean they cannot remove the Pikmin from their person if they get on them. They will kick, swing, and thrash about if they have to to get them off.

Again, those fingers of theirs offer little to no grip. Flinging them off by swinging your arms and legs around would be pretty easy.

Plus, there is an off chance that if they thrash about, they could catch Olimar in the helmet as he approaches.

UncleSam

Smash Master
As you said, Nova, any punch would still hurt. But the fact that his punch was able to hurt creatures as large as himself suggests he has a strong punch (w/brass knuckles). I'm not saying he's hercules strong, body builder strong or even grown human strong; his punch would damage the IC's regardless, especially due to the "brass knuckles".
yes you could kill things in pikmin with Oli alone but it took A very long time
which is something Olimar doesn't have.

Sieguest

Smash Master
JOE!, can we postpone this?

Nobody is reaching any sort of common ground and there are so many inconsistencies we have to start at square one time and time again.
The real question should be,
why has this MU been allowed to continue so long?

I mean seriously, this isn't an attempt to cut anyone short, but

take the MUs from earlier and now....
back at those MUs victors were decided whether we got all of our ideas out, I mean there have been a lot of times that I've had something else to say, and the MU be done and over with before I get a chance to prove my case and people tell me...

"Get over it Marthage and move on..."

and yet here we are now....

whose feelings are we trying to protect here?
obviously mine weren't taken into account back then
so why someone else's now...hmmm?

What about in Pit v Roy
where we cut off the MU before we let UncleSam get everything he wanted to say be said...
we didn't keep the MU open then... and we told Sam "Get over it and move on..."
so what's so different now why are we prolonging this MU?
in fact why did we prolong the other MU with Ganon vs. Bowser...
speaking of which, there's a pattern here too...
JOE! was on Bowser's side for Ganon vs Bowser and look how long that MU took, it took nearly a revolution of TDB to move on....
From what I've read JOE! seems to be leaning toward Olimar as who he is pulling for and look how long this MU is taking....
Are we trying to keep from hurting someone else's feelings?
How fair are we being here... prolonging MUs for some people to say something and yet closing other MUs to people who still had something to say after it was closed....what's wrong with that picture...

I remember in the beginning we agreed that MUs would last ONE WEEK, and that we would decide a victor and move on..... and yet look here.... at Pit vs. Roy, one week comes, Sam still had something to say and the MU was closed....
on Charizard vs DK, I still had something to say and the MU was closed after one week regardless....
and yet look at Ganon vs. Bowser and ICs vs Olimar... they've lasted way longer than our ONE WEEK...and here's another pattern...
JOE!'s pulling for Olimar here (from what I've read) and JOE! was pulling for Bowser back then.... but in Zard vs DK, JOE! was with DK, and in Pit vs Roy JOE! leaned more toward Roy....

What a coincidence?...hmm maybe? Iunno, but maybe it's more, how can I be sure.....
anyway, just throwing that out there before Oli supporters say "YOU JUST WANT TO END THE MU!!!"
that is all

UncleSam

Smash Master
skipping to the next redo's (I srsly think we're done here Peach>IC's>Olimar)
Lucario's lower body strength should be enough to take out Mario's legs. and 4 foot movement>2 foot.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Not this **** again. Even if we revisited, Pit would still lose.
I'm not saying we should redo it...
I'm just stating it as an example...
when we first did that MU we ended when Sam never even was able to get all of his ideas across...compared to this MU.....>___>

UncleSam

Smash Master
With a shield and sword?
do you know why shields were invented?
to beat the sword. Pit has an advantage from the start.

UncleSam

Smash Master
uh it isn't heavy it's like a normal size for a shield.
maybe a little larger.
omg nova got a new name

UncleSam

Smash Master
Only a chest plate and a longsword.
against a shield and a short sword.
remember Spartan vs. Ninja?
yeah shield wins.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Marthage

You are a very observant fellow, eh?

I wanted to drop this once this started taking too much time out of my day.
I'm only continuing this arguement for the sake of keeping the outcome as it was (Olimar > IC's)

Is it just coincidence that JOE's favour has kept longer?
Maybe or maybe not.
Should these MU's be turned back to last only a week?
Perhaps.
Is this fair?
More or less, it is.
Is anyone getting special treatment in this manner?
No.
Are some MU's called far to early?
Yes.
Are some MU's carried out for far too long?
Perhaps.
Should new realizations of options in regards to character abilities be applied?
Idunno.
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
The world may never know.

If it is uniformaly decided that we drop this match and keep it as it was, then I'll gladly cease and desist.
But if not, then I will continue to state my arguement.

The question is, what should be done?

Top Bottom