• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Sieguest

Smash Master
Wait.
What does this have to do with a spaceman that can't breathe?
It's a match of who can live longer.
*Facepalms*
that has to deal with the Ice Climbers....
obviously...

@Beren Zaiga
obviously, that tux is a clip-on...
clip it onto his front body
fasten
good to go

Salem

Smash Champion
Not being as canon as some of the Mario VGs as it is...but~!

How would Bowser have been able to put that Tux on if he couldn't remove his shell? The fact he is even wearing that tux with his shell on his back suggests he took it off.

The only reason Mario hasn't gotten Bowser out of his shell is because Bowser is bigger than he is. He is to big to push out of his shell by simply jumping on him, and ground-pounding would harbor painful results. Hence why Bowser is never forced out of his shell.

If anything, if he is of the Koopa species, its cartoon physics that are keeping him IN IT.
It's only for the front.
Or it's a suit made specifacly for him so he can actually wear it, he had to stuff it inside the shell probably.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
you know you're talking about paper mario right?
the suit could be paper for all we know.
You know that you're really no help, right?

Bowser is a Koopa, the King of Koopas, but he is still a Koopa. Most Koopa species with shells can be jumped on and forced out of their shells, suggesting like Payas said earlier, that they found or made those shells. Being a Koopa, Bowser as a baby could have found or made the shell, or had it made for him.

The fact he is a Koopa would suggest his shell is removable, despite not being the common Koopa. The only reason Bowser has never been forced out of his shell is because he has never been in a situation that would cause that.

Also take into account the fact his shell is not like a Tortoise's or a Turtle's shell in the fact it does not encompass his body.

However, if he evolved with the shell on his back as it is, he would be able to carry it. It is absurd to say that something that has evolved with a feature like a shell on it would not be able to support itself and the shell. Bowser's arms and legs are tree trunk in thickness, that accounts for alot of muscle and fat. It is more likely that his muscles would have developed to allow him to support himself and the shell.

If Bowser had the shell since he was a Baby, it is plausible that his body developed to support the shell as well as himself.

Your own argument about Baby Bowser worked against you REL. Have a nice night.

REL38

Smash Lord
Can the Ice Climbers live for 2 minutes?
If not then something's wrong.
No.

Pikmin annihilate IC's faces so they die.

Air Supply would be different depending on the gas.
But still, Olimar only needs a few minutes to kill the IC's.
Only 1 minute is needed for the steroid spray to actively work.
The other minute or so involves IC's getting murdered.

@Beren

Bowser gets his suit by magic from Count Bleck.
It's just . . . there.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
No.

Pikmin annihilate IC's faces so they die.

Air Supply would be different depending on the gas.
But still, Olimar only needs a few minutes to kill the IC's.
Only 1 minute is needed for the steroid spray to actively work.
The other minute or so involves IC's getting murdered.
There are two ICs.
This would give Pikmin at least a couple of seconds to think about it.
Pikmin are stupid. Play the game. It's like:
DONT STAND THERE AFTER YOU BUILD THAT DARNIT!

And yeah gas will depend.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Can the Ice Climbers live for 2 minutes?
If not then something's wrong.
that's just my rebuttal to this whole Ice Climbers with Muscle degeneration thing- in other words REL, I'm fighting your whole ICs are weakling point, and that they could hold out, until Olimar dies...
even with steroid spray, ICs have hammers, a rope, cleats and so on,
the Pikmin would have to get close to start climbing, and the ICs hammers out range them...
Then it would sag. Its not sagging. I say he took off his shell and put on a custom-made tux.

@Marthage, Sam, and Salem: Thank you all very little.
Your welcome :p
You know that you're really no help, right?
no, you're just not interpreting it right....

REL38

Smash Lord
There are two ICs.
This would give Pikmin at least a couple of seconds to think about it.
Pikmin are stupid. Play the game. It's like:
DONT STAND THERE AFTER YOU BUILD THAT DARNIT!

And yeah gas will depend.

Pikmin are goal oriented.

You rally them towards a destructible wall, they break it down.
You rally them towards a dead carcase, they carry it.
You rally them near an enemy, they kill it.

They're not necessarily dumb, but rather only focus on the task on hand.
They assess the situation enough to figure out what Olimar wants them to do.
In this case, Olimar is rallying them towards other living beings, they assume Olimar wants the beings dead.

Olimar can easily manuver the Pikmin so 5 are on each climber, one of each kind.
IC's panic while flailing on the ground and die.

Olimar grabs a victory.

btw
Maybe you didn't play the game very well.
I've only lost a total of 12 Pikmin on one game file (143 days) on Pikmin 2.

Sieguest

Smash Master

In this case, Olimar is rallying them towards other living beings, they assume Olimar wants the beings dead.

Olimar can easily manuver the Pikmin so 5 are on each climber, one of each kind.

Olimar grabs a victory.

btw
You can't really assume that...

Ground swings would stop the Pikmin in their tracks, they've no other way to approach than by the ground...
and with that Force, to that small body, that's a lot of damage done...
5 on one climber would depend upon the ICs being separated and since the Pikmin are goal oriented, they follow the command olimar gives them, if olimar orders five to each then the Pikmin will go that specific climber, if the Climbers switch to sides opposite each other, it places an obstacle in front of each of the pikmin's goals, the pikmin, of course being one tracked to the goal will attempt to circumvent the obstacle only to be smashed....

JOE!

Smash Hero
@anklyosaur shell:

Anklyosaurs did not have shells, but rather super-hard scales and scutes on their back that essentailly did the job of a shell, while being flexible.

Also, Sam, if he didnt have the shell as we know it, you are missing an advantage he gains :p

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski

Olimar grabs a victory.

btw
Well they certainly wern't in Pikmin 1 (or my pikmin just hate me =S)
I don't see how Olimar can control his Pikmin well. I understand that as animals they follow the leader, but how is the leader going to point out orders if he doesn't fight? Would he point? He can't make a certain amount of them go to the opponent.
I call bull on whistle. Unless he trained the specific pikmin IMO it wouldn't work. It takes a while for dogs to learn commands. Pikmin are mostly dumber than dogs. Olimar gets pikmin by random.
Do the ma
s
th.

And why can't the ICs kill the pikmin(I'll give a 2 word sentance on why they should not have that muscle thing)?
I mean they have a ice pick...
They could chop through.
Explain why they win. They're probobly fragile
Elements arn't possible.
And how are the pikmin going to attack?

They hit with their flowers.

Now I'm not going to go "LOL FLOWER HITS DO NOTHING LOL OLIMAR FAILS" because you don't like fun stuff :(

Flowers do not hurt you very much, even if they are slightly larger than you.

There. They don't have hands(if you call them hands you lose a cookie)
They can't kick.
They can't do anything.

Marthage is prolly right with Muscle Deteneration (w/e lol). Even with Olimar not having a long time to win, they still stink.
BUT
Why is it fair that we boost Olimar's size, but the ICs don't get rid of thier condition?
JOE! keeps telling me "but we wanna keep as many fighters as possible", so why not make the ICs usable?

BTW I play Pikmin 1 not pikmin 2.
I don't really play that much pikmin I just know that they really are dumb in the first one. I don't like Videogames that much anymore.
Infact I don't really like anything anymore.
Which is why I have my avatar and location.

Explain what Pikmin can do to attack

I see Red pikmin using it's nose.
That's all.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
RL > all, if somebody gets gimped or improved via real life then give it to them.

Bowser can have direct attachment that goes around the entire body to distribute the weight, it just starts from inside his shell. He's back-heavy, but still usable.

It mainly hurts his movement.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Me and Joe argue, a lot.
Yeah I fight with him alot too.
Ness has been shown he wont kill people. "No I wont allow it"
Samus has been frozen (cryogenized or w/e). "No I wont allow it"
Peach is too nice to kill people "no u".
Many other stuff.

BTW why don't you post in the social group ;_;

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Nothing interests me anymore other than YuGiOh.
Not ever Brawl.
Play melee and magic the gathering. Unfortunately the melee skill curve is ridiculous.

Yeah I fight with him alot too.
Ness has been shown he wont kill people. "No I wont allow it"
Samus has been frozen (cryogenized or w/e). "No I wont allow it"
Peach is too nice to kill people "no u".
Many other stuff.

BTW why don't you post in the social group ;_;
Non-fatal injuries can be crippling, also as I remember, he won't kill people in cold blood, but he if he kills in the process of giving people big boo-boos, he'll just feel guilty.

Dunno about samus.

I doubt that for Peach, but see top.

As for social group, I'm busy.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Play melee and magic the gathering. Unfortunately the melee skill curve is ridiculous.

Non-fatal injuries can be crippling, also as I remember, he won't kill people in cold blood, but he if he kills in the process of giving people big boo-boos, he'll just feel guilty.

Dunno about samus.

I doubt that for Peach, but see top.

As for social group, I'm busy.
I've actually played melee a bit last few days.
Falco and Samus are the only characters I enjoy though.
Magic the gathering? Another card game? LOL no tks.

And I'll post l8r.

JOE!

Smash Hero
HOLO: i dont factor that crap because this is about a 'what if" scenario if they did fight to the death.

as for the other Rl gimps:

Welcome to The deadliest....oh, only Snake and peach are left to fight

Sieguest

Smash Master
Wait was this torward me?
because then ICs can't move and Olimar is the size of an ant.
But ICs CAN move.....>__> whaddya think I've been saying....?
I've actually played melee a bit last few days.
Falco and Samus are the only characters I enjoy though.
Magic the gathering? Another card game? LOL no tks.

And I'll post l8r.
LOL
HOLO: i dont factor that crap because this is about a 'what if" scenario if they did fight to the death.

as for the other Rl gimps:

Welcome to The deadliest....oh, only Snake and peach are left to fight
>___>
I have a quote somewhere...

REL38

Smash Lord
So I just kinda skimmed the last 3 pages so, yeeeah.

1. IC's can still move.
It would be dumb to suggest otherwise, but it's just that they lack normal movement.
They'd be slower, weaker, less stamina, respitory problems (high altitudes) and are fat.

2. IC's don't gots all that fancy shmancy climbing gear.
They only have over-sized hammers.
That's giving them stuff they didn't have in-game or something like that. I think Adumb said something about it too.

Hmm, I wonder which one the IC's resemble most.
Totally not pointing at the kid on the right. No sir-e.

I was just pointing that out.

ITS POPO!
:popo:
^or maybe that one :3

6. Spray would be a solution soaked up by their wahtevers.

9. ~desu

Bing bang boom surprise.
Ima go to bed now.

justaway12

Smash Master
Ummm, I didn't join this conversation much, but why can't Olimar just attack by himself?

As REL said

"It would be dumb to suggest otherwise, but it's just that they lack normal movement.
They'd be slower, weaker, less stamina, respitory problems (high altitudes) and are fat."

Is it those hammers? I thought they were too big.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Now for my ultimate attack...WoT!
* too much DBZ *

-@ JOE!: I asked you did we combine Pit for a reason. Since we based him off of his Brawl version and his NES version, we took the form of the Brawl version and the weapon of the NES version. Now, ICs also have only been seen in Brawl and in their NES version.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/IceClimberboxartnes.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/Ice_Climbers_SSBB.jpg
Point being, if you are willing to combine Pit, you can make the ICs as big as they are in the original (about the size of the bear) and give them the items they have in Brawl.

-Next, I don't buy the muscle degeneration thing. Like Marthage said they wouldn't climb all the time and they would have to rest all things considered (infinite mountains aren't real; when they reach the summit they could always break there). Muscle degeneration would occur if they climbed for years straight without stopping. In fact, I'm even willing to go that ICs are super strong for their size. With repeated rest and exercise, they have more muscle than a lot of the human contenders i this thread. That's why they can support their hammers with just one hand and still fight. It cuts down mobility, but they can handle them still like in the 2nd pic.

-All that just to say that the ICs aren't the kid size duo of muscular degression thatt they are assumed to be and that they are in fact bigger and stronger than they are made out to be.

Now, IMO, they beat both Peach and Oli.

- Against Peach, sure she has her bombs, but they looked primitaive to me and would require her to have more than one in which she would need a "bomb bag". She is wearing a dress and heels as well so she isn't even outfitted for battle. She doesn't have the necessary knowledge of fighting outside of SMB2 and Princess Peach in which she could float and use the bombs and go PMS on enemies. She would use a bludgeoning item but that is something else she would have to carry (mind you, as a Princess with all those Toads, she doesn't do much lifting at all). She's fragile in her frame, and gets kidnapped constantly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Peach#Appearances
And this is your definition of a winner?

-The fight would require her to have to keep an eye on both climbers at all times and throw bombs (that she would have to light btw). She doesn't have what it takes to do these things simultaneously and eventually one or both of the ICs will close in and snap her neck. The ICs can either seperate and close in or stay together and overwhelm her. If the latter, they can throw themselves at her and kill her that way (flying chaingrab anyone?). I don't see Peach winning in too many scenarios.

-Against Oli, the ICs are bigger than him. So, in size, ICs>Oli>Pikmin. And No one has been able to prove how Oli is able to control them, So they can veer off and do whatever they want if they choose to. I understand Pikmin are strong for their size, but they have no means of attacking except headbutts and being thrown. The whites are poisonous if ingested but other way is there for them to effectively attack (we know Oli doesn't).

-I have the battle going as Oli gets the Pikin to try and atack, and the ICs just pummel them with their cleats. They can swing their mallets low and knock out a lot of the Pikmin and even eat the Pikmin, except for the white ones. A hint of who's hunting who strikes fear into most organisms with meta-cognition (which idk if Pikmin even posess). And Oli is a goner; he can run but the ICs are faster. A head shot from the hammer will KO Oli cold.

Of course, I'll await the rebuttals. And I'll get to work on TDB cards in the social thread:chuckle:.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Now for my ultimate attack...WoT!
* too much DBZ *

-@ JOE!: I asked you did we combine Pit for a reason. Since we based him off of his Brawl version and his NES version, we took the form of the Brawl version and the weapon of the NES version. Now, ICs also have only been seen in Brawl and in their NES version.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/IceClimberboxartnes.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/Ice_Climbers_SSBB.jpg
Point being, if you are willing to combine Pit, you can make the ICs as big as they are in the original (about the size of the bear) and give them the items they have in Brawl.
Ummm, no.

Pit just looks like he does in Brawl because it happens that the combination of the two forms he appears as in his game averages to teenager.

Pit is not based on his Brawl form at all.

As for size... unrealistic for kids, except for the round thing, obesity is not a problem.

Now, IMO, they beat both Peach and Oli.

- Against Peach, sure she has her bombs, but they looked primitaive to me and would require her to have more than one in which she would need a "bomb bag". She is wearing a dress and heels as well so she isn't even outfitted for battle. She doesn't have the necessary knowledge of fighting outside of SMB2 and Princess Peach in which she could float and use the bombs and go PMS on enemies. She would use a bludgeoning item but that is something else she would have to carry (mind you, as a Princess with all those Toads, she doesn't do much lifting at all). She's fragile in her frame, and gets kidnapped constantly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Peach#Appearances
And this is your definition of a winner?

-The fight would require her to have to keep an eye on both climbers at all times and throw bombs (that she would have to light btw). She doesn't have what it takes to do these things simultaneously and eventually one or both of the ICs will close in and snap her neck. The ICs can either seperate and close in or stay together and overwhelm her. If the latter, they can throw themselves at her and kill her that way (flying chaingrab anyone?). I don't see Peach winning in too many scenarios.
Even primative bombs have a rather large area of effect, ICs would not be able to reliably avoid her.

And they're kids, parents throughout the ages have been shown to be stronger then children.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Ummm, no.

Pit just looks like he does in Brawl because it happens that the combination of the two forms he appears as in his game averages to teenager.

Pit is not based on his Brawl form at all.

As for size... unrealistic for kids, except for the round thing, obesity is not a problem.

Even primative bombs have a rather large area of effect, ICs would not be able to reliably avoid her.

And they're kids, parents throughout the ages have been shown to be stronger then children.
- at first point, http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8782832&postcount=13874
and why are you considering them to be like 5 yr olds? They can be pre teens and very short. When I brought this up before, REL said Nintendo makes them kids so they become more appealing to them. This is the case with Pit (KID Icarius) as well. Based off of that and what was done with him last MU, I'm suggesting that they are preteens and not 5 yr olds.

- at second point, I'm not denying that parents are stronger than kids, but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxdt80o9uU8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeM2JkX2xAo&feature=related
Don't tell me that a kid can't kick a parent's behind either.
And yes the bombs do have a blast radius, which is why I suggested that they can throw themselves towards Peach and avoid the blunt of the blast. Or split up and take it on that way.

Top Bottom