• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

tocador

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter anymore, Zook. We're disagreeing, not only with people who think Yoshi would win, but with the creator of the thread. So, either way, I see two things happening here. 1. It'll end up being a tie, though I disagree with that. 2. Yoshi wins, which I also disagree with.

A judge should never play a part. A judge should just stand back and watch, and the end results be what determine who wins and who does not.
Perhaps this could be true, i think he and i and the only one fighting for yoshi. So if noone of us did it, whats the point of a one-sided decision.

And i trust the human being, so i beleive that when we come to a conclusion, dotn matter the side, Joe wont be biased and choose yoshi or a tie just cause he likes the char ^^.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Perhaps this could be true, i think he and i and the only one fighting for yoshi. So if noone of us did it, whats the point of a one-sided decision.

And i trust the human being, so i beleive that when we come to a conclusion, dotn matter the side, Joe wont be biased and choose yoshi or a tie just cause he likes the char ^^.
Well, I'm not going to continue with JOE!, because he is the creator of this thread, and eventually we'll need to move on, and I just don't see the two of us getting anywhere anytime soon. I favor Ivysaur in this match, because he's a fighter, but Yoshi is not. Ivysaur has attacks up his sleeve, figuratively speaking, but Yoshi does not. If JOE! wasn't the creator of this thread, I would continue. I just can't believe I didn't realize sooner that he was the creator of this thread.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Wow. My matchup suggestion caused the Great Divide. Awesome.

Anyway, can I just throw my two cents? First of all:

1. Zook, the weapons you list are, more or less, accurate. However, you fail to take into account Yoshi's height PLUS not the jump distance, BUT jump height as well. Yoshi may not have aerial speed, but he DOES have vertical strength.

For instance, Yoshi could very well jump into the air and possibly land on Ivysaur, crushing and killing him. And before you say this could physically never happen, Yoshi's legs are short, so to make up for the lack of jump distance, he's got powerful legs that SHOULD enable him to jump into the air and pounce on its foes.

Also, I'm a wee bit disappointed that none of the Yoshi supporters mention the possibility of eggs being a viable weapon. Ya see, Yoshi eats mainly fruit, and on occasion the invading Shy Guys. Now, assuming Yoshi's anatomy will follow suit IRL, this will take Yoshi not only MINUTES to fully swallow the food, but HOURS to develop these things into eggs. Now, this process probably isn't going to be too likely to happen in a matter of seconds, but Yoshi really SHOULD have pre-made eggs before the fight to combat against Ivysaur at long range.

The eggs are also very likely as weapons. Animals lay eggs primarily to contain their young, but as far as we know, YOSHI'S eggs are used to throw at people. IRL eggs don't kill people. However, we can assume that if Yoshi was translated to modern day life, those eggs can shatter into pieces- and sharp pieces. Yoshi would have to adapt to the predators of today, so he evolves to lay eggs that are essentially glass bombs, without the explosion effect.

Also, would Yoshi POSSIBLY be immune to Ivysaur's poison spores, due to years in living in the jungle? It may or may not have given Yoshi an immunity to such toxins over a long period of time, like the Maori warriors with their poison mist fruit.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ JOE! said that Yoshi can't use his eggs and his flutter jump, which makes Yoshi an automatic lost. ); ♥

Lovely

Smash Lord
Why is JOE purposefully nerfing his favored matchup? lawlz
♣ I have no idea. I guess that's the rules of this thread I suppose. When I saw the first post it said Yoshi can't use his eggs and his flutter jump, and that's Yoshi's strongest advantages. D: ♥

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why is JOE purposefully nerfing his favored matchup? lawlz
Because they're not realistic?

Unlike the previous match-ups where jumps came into play, yoshi's legs are pretty scrawny (relatively speaking) and there's nothing to suggest he has a light build relative to his size.

As for eggs... way too much mass, he can't continuously produce them.

Well, I'm not going to continue with JOE!, because he is the creator of this thread, and eventually we'll need to move on, and I just don't see the two of us getting anywhere anytime soon. I favor Ivysaur in this match, because he's a fighter, but Yoshi is not. Ivysaur has attacks up his sleeve, figuratively speaking, but Yoshi does not. If JOE! wasn't the creator of this thread, I would continue. I just can't believe I didn't realize sooner that he was the creator of this thread.
Then continue with me... see above post.

Yoshi has teeth, though he may not always show them.

JOE!

Smash Hero
When have I ever shown real bias? All im saying is things that should be in consideration, or disproving false info or assumptions.

Hell, look at teh stuff you said with 30lbs of lead is heavier than 30lbs of feathers, then ivy isnt a toddler, so he cant weigh 30lbs when we allready said he is 30lbs

what?!

Anywho, imma gonna end this **** here:

:ivysaur: 670 / 330 :yoshi:

Simply put, more than often Yoshi wouldnt be on teh aggressive right away, Ivysaur would be wary of the larger creature, and in the end, would fire his spores at the "threat".

More often than not, Yoshi would be poisoned, etc, and the fight would end there. In the minority, Yoshi would go on the attack and most likley stomp Ivy to death, or such due to being faster, taller and 7x as heavy.

Ivy's poison is just too good of a defense, it makes the AIR lethal around him...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
When have I ever shown real bias? All im saying is things that should be in consideration, or disproving false info or assumptions.

Hell, look at teh stuff you said with 30lbs of lead is heavier than 30lbs of feathers, then ivy isnt a toddler, so he cant weigh 30lbs when we allready said he is 30lbs

what?!

Anywho, imma gonna end this **** here:

:ivysaur: 670 / 330 :yoshi:

Simply put, more than often Yoshi wouldnt be on teh aggressive right away, Ivysaur would be wary of the larger creature, and in the end, would fire his spores at the "threat".

More often than not, Yoshi would be poisoned, etc, and the fight would end there. In the minority, Yoshi would go on the attack and most likley stomp Ivy to death, or such due to being faster, taller and 7x as heavy.

Ivy's poison is just too good of a defense, it makes the AIR lethal around him...
You forgot the sedatives, which while they wouldn't immediately have an effect WOULD hurt Yoshi's approach, bascially counter-acting yoshi's equivalent to adrenaline.

We should assume that they're both agressive right off the bat however, this is a BRAWL.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I have some questions already, haha. I haven't played any of the starfox or... pit games, so help me out here. Keep in mind, this is supposed to be as realistic as possible, assuming there's some super science going on. Questions:

Pit:
Is is realistic for a human to have wings and be able to fly? I know the guy in X-men, who had wings, was able to fly. So should pit, based on his wing proportion, be able to fly or just glide?

Is pit's arrow magical? Or should we just reduce his arrows to regular arrows?

Can pit's shield truly reflect everything? Could it reflect the Fox's lasers considering the shield could be shiny like a mirror.

I don't really have any questions about Fox. Wolf's reflector was allowed, so Fox's reflector will probably fall under the same category. Laser gun is just a high tech weapon, since lasers are realistic. I'd say fire fox is out of the question.

Just some questions to consider. Witholding my judgment till more info is presented.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Fox actually has the best laser out of the spacies in RL due to the rapid fire

His reflector is the same as Falco's and Wolf's (also seen here)

Pit's arrows are normal arrows, but fly very fast let's say.

His shield can reflect lasers

He can jump high and glide, but not fly

squirtleuser007

Smash Apprentice
1. he's really a human? i thought he was an angel... i cant answer that, i havent played those games OR starfox...
2.i think regular arrows will suffice
3.it will reflect fox's lazors, it's the same thing(kinda) as a lazor pointer.
and firefox=no... that would hurt him more than pit...
haha, joe beat me

sammy p

Smash Lord
hmmmm..... this is a tough one...
both have a reflective device
both have something to shoot(lasers and arrows)
fox has speed
pit can fly(or glide)

i think flying(or gliding) is superior to speed
so ill say the winner here is pit

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
How the HELL did Ivy beat Yoshi? One gulp with a fast tongue, and Ivysaur is FRIGGIN' DEAD. Plus, Yoshi has a HUGE size advantage, and can avoid the poison by, uhh, not breathing? DUH. Also, note that the eggs could take down Bowser in 3 HITS.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I dunno, I think fox has the upper hand here. Lets think realisticly, It will take a while for pit to take out his mirror shield in order to reflect the speed at which Fox is shooting his pistol. Shooting a flying target will be hard, but it's like hunting a bird, nothing Fox can't handle. Also, I'm not sure on this one, but Pit cant hold his mirror shield and shoot his arrows at the same time I'm sure, but fox can hold his reflector and shoot his pistol at the same time, making pit's projectile game shut down. Also, in melee combat, Pit has the dual blades, but Fox's agility and rapid attacks are probably too much for Pit. I believe Fox is the winner here folks.

D3w3y

Smash Cadet
Pit's Arrow = Fox's Laser
Pit's Mirror Shield = Fox's Reflector
Pit's Air Agility = Fox's Ground Agility
Pit's Dual Sword's > Fox's Claws

According to Brawl (I have never played Kid Icarus) Pit can separate his bow into two swords therefore destroying Fox in reach and damage in close range.

I have to lean towards Pit for this one.

Edit: Fox is agile but dodging two swords from an experience fighter to get in close is nearly impossible.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
How the HELL did Ivy beat Yoshi? One gulp with a fast tongue, and Ivysaur is FRIGGIN' DEAD. Plus, Yoshi has a HUGE size advantage, and can avoid the poison by, uhh, not breathing? DUH. Also, note that the eggs could take down Bowser in 3 HITS.
This thread is based out of reality, so Yoshi can't use his eggs, and Ivysaur could use poison inside Yoshi if he eats Ivysaur. If it was just based out the game and all both characters power, then of course Yoshi would had won.

Also it' nice to see you post again Snowstalker. =D

Now for Fox vs Pit, would Fox be able to use his Arwing or just his blaster and reflector?

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I forgot. Ye have a point.

As for Fox vs. Pit, what moves do they get this time? Can Pit fly or just jump? If he can fly, I think he has a strong advantage there.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Pit's Arrow = Fox's Laser Agreed
Pit's Mirror Shield = Fox's Reflector Disagree, Fox's reflector is a high tech, futuristic reflector that only requires 1 hand and is weightless, since I believe the only thing have to base Pit's mirror shield off of is Brawl, he cannot move or function with any attacl while using it.
Pit's Air Agility = Fox's Ground Agility Agreed
Pit's Dual Sword's > Fox's Claws If you're talking purely the weaponry, then agreed. If talking skill, then I'm leaning toward fox because his experience and agility may be able to get passed Pit's range, but I have no idea how skillful Pit is with the dual blades.

According to Brawl (I have never played Kid Icarus) Pit can separate his bow into two swords therefore destroying Fox in reach and damage in close range. Kindly prove this statement =)

I have to lean towards Pit for this one.

Edit: Fox is agile but dodging two swords from an experience fighter to get in close is nearly impossible.
My comment are in red, I think this matchup is very interesting and we think pretty differently man

Uffe

Smash Hero
Please tell me you're kidding. Is he a snake? Because even snakes have to take it slow to swallow a large creature. I know a boa-constrictor can eat a whole pig, but it's not like it'd go down the hatch and be done.

As for Pit vs Fox. Well for Pit anyway, in the games he had the ability to fly whenever he bought an Angel Feather that strangely looked like a banana. Of course this was limited do to the fact the game would be waaay too easy to beat if he had the ability to fly throughout the whole game. However, in the end, he flies with Mirror Shield and all. Playing through the game, Pit would get the choice of having Flaming Arrows, which would enhance damage, Sacred Bow, which allowed him to fire longer range and a Protective Crystal which could harm enemies and absorb their projectile. Overall he was able to have all three at once.

Other items were the Mallet and the Harp. The Mallet was used for freeing Centurions, though the Mallet itself could be used as a weapon and the Harp would momentarily change the enemies into Mallets. In the last level, Pit had a Mirror Shield, Light Arrows and the Wings of Pegasus, all obtained after defeating each boss. In the last level, Pit took down the evil Medusa and all of Angel Land was safe again.

I forgot to mention that Pit would gradually get stronger through the game.

Uffe

Smash Hero
^ past experience means nothing in this kind of fight. just look at the snake discussion, everyone said that. Also, what are you trying to acheive by saying this? he cant use a protective crystal because absorbing projectiles is not realistic...
Before actually jumping on my ***, you should read what Pit has. I wasn't saying anything about Pit vs Fox yet. I was bringing up what equipment Pit has at his disposal. Thanks for being so hasty. And before you decide to bring up "realism", why don't you look at the beast that appears to be a fox but stands on two and wears clothes and rides a ship.

D3w3y

Smash Cadet
Good arguments Zeldaspazz

In real life I think Pit would be able to move with his mirror shield as any other warrior in history could move with their respective shields.

Technically it should end in a tie...
Fox fires his laser, Pit holds his mirror shield in front of him, laser bounces off into fox's reflector, reflects back to Pit's shield then back to Fox's reflector etc. etc...

Uffe

Smash Hero
Both have the ability to reflect, but can a Reflector or Mirror Shield really reflect things like arrows? Probably ricochet, but I don't think it'd bounce back. Actually, I'm not too sure about lasers, though. This one could come down pretty evenly. But aside from projectile, what can both do close up? I know someone brought up his bow being able to split apart. I guess if you want to bring that version of Pit in, whatever. Would that mean Fox can use that Crystal Staff? The only major difference would be one has the opportunity to take the air and the other only really has the opportunity to take the ground. Unless you're going to bring Arwings into this.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Mirror shield would reflect lasers because they are light, not sure if reflector words quite like that (honestly, is it scientificially possible).

I dunno how arrows would react with reflector, but they would richoet with shield.

Honestly, depending on how Reflector technically functions, Fox could abuse it for an infinite stall.

squirtleuser007

Smash Apprentice
Both have the ability to reflect, but can a Reflector or Mirror Shield really reflect things like arrows? Probably ricochet, but I don't think it'd bounce back. Actually, I'm not too sure about lasers, though. This one could come down pretty evenly. But aside from projectile, what can both do close up? I know someone brought up his bow being able to split apart. I guess if you want to bring that version of Pit in, whatever. Would that mean Fox can use that Crystal Staff? The only major difference would be one has the opportunity to take the air and the other only really has the opportunity to take the ground. Unless you're going to bring Arwings into this.
Arwings(IMO) would completely nullify everything pit can do. He wouldnt be able to even damage it. If there is anything special about the crystal staff, i.e magical powers, then just nullify those and just make it a plain old staff to beat pit with.

nightSN

Smash Ace
Uhm is Pits bow able to turn in to 2 swords IN REAL LIFE possible? if it is then pit has advantage at melee range. Also how much arrows does pit have? and how many shots can fox use before the gun jams or dysfunctions?
Also if fox were to bring in Arwings it would be way to one sided so no >_>

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Uhm is Pits bow able to turn in to 2 swords IN REAL LIFE possible? if it is then pit has advantage at melee range. Also how much arrows does pit have? and how many shots can fox use before the gun jams or dysfunctions?
Attatched together by a mechanism and one string releases.

They'd have to be made a of a mad flexible metal though if they're gonna be useful as a bow.

Uffe

Smash Hero
@ nightNS: Pit has an infinite amount of arrows, as unrealistic as that sounds. It was like that in the two games and now in Brawl. His Light Arrows are obviously much stronger than his regular arrows, though. And in the actual Kid Icarus games, Pit has no ability to separate his bow into two blades. I'd assume that in Brawl, that's not the Sacred Bow.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
so we should rule out that pit has swords?
No, first we gotta think if there's a metal he can use (that would also serve for swords). If not, it's just bow.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything.

The properties of the weapons seem to run at cross purposes though, I think he'll be limited to bow.

D3w3y

Smash Cadet
I don't think Fox will be able to reflect Pit's arrows especially because they are not magical ones. And one shot with an arrow will greatly handicap any living creature. But one laser shot will probably kill them.

I think it comes down to if Pit has swords or not.

Top Bottom