• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
No rage here :)

Aaanyway, instead of throwing units growths around, we should concentrate on who's actually going out and how the battle would play out in a rl situation. Ofc things like enemy aces should be considered, but that should be for later.

A lot of factors in this fight. This will be fun.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
First, setting. Unlike in other battles, this should actually be added.

A combination of plains and forests should do the work.

-------------

Second, battle formation and strategy.

I am guessing that Marth will have a typical medieval strategy that consisted of breaking the enemy's formation and then hunting them down with cavalry.

But here Marth will probably send the cavalry right away because the enemy numbers are few and Ike will probably use hit and run tactics to hit the opponent hard, so following them with infantry would not be recommended.

Also, this tactic will hardly work in rough terrain like mountains or forest.

-------------

Third, we must establish how many useful cavalry Marth has.

He has 14 cavaliers. Out of those, 1 is and ace, 4 are decent and 9 are worthless.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
....huh???

------

A fort is OK with me as long as Ike's squad is the one that begins the fight inside it.

EDIT: Why don't we make the mercenary fort and it's sorroundings the setting of the fight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTH4cpFXEo0

Ike is on the defense. Marth is on the offense.

Fort has three small entrances that would make defending it easier, but at the same time it gives Marth's army the opportunity to swarm the mercenaries if they are defeated in one fronts.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Do you think Marth is Homosexual?
HE is not homosexual, because he is a SHE

c wut i did thar?

anyways

SETTING

the battle will take place in a large field, with both hilly terrain, small pockets of wood, and open flat areas.

On one end, Marth's camp. filled with his meager supplies for his large amounf of people. It is rather open, but larger.

Ikes is on the other, hidden from enemies by Forest. It is much smaller than Marths, but has better supplies

This should provide areas of advantage and disadvantage for both Ike and Marth

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Hmm....okay. This should be interesting. Mind you, Ike wins on two of those terrain types.

Sadly, I've got to sleep. Don't finish the fight without me.

Uffe

Smash Hero
But they are both known not only for individual skill but for commanding armies, so its sure that it isnt going to be "Random grunts OHKO marth/ike".

Plus, we want to breake the routine because we are REBELS, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont be such a jerk, let us be happy
I'm not being a jerk, I'm being realistic.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Realisticaly, there are guys that has beaten squads of over 100 people by themselves with just their skill.

Ike suddenly being defeated by a grunt is possible, but with his skill he will probably down at least 15 enemy units before that happens.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Meager supplies?

Why is a merc group better off than a kingdom supplied army?

EDIT:Bed.

It is in comparison to Ike's due to the fact he has to have mass amounts. His team will likeley get stuff liek rations and basic armor while ike's will get better food and more customized gear.

as for 2 out of 3 advatntage, it is sparsley wooded, mostly open field and the hilly terrain isnt very steep, but there could be a ledge or two.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Lol at people bringing up who each of them has killed.

That totally matters... >_>

Anyway, it'd be in Ike's best interest to just split up his forces and send them into the woods. Have we established the rest of who he gets?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Marth's got fewer supplies, but he's got supply lines, but they have to be protected.

On the other hand... Ike's got few enough people that he can forage, and go off a reletively low amount.

This is a critical point, because if we just assume it's current supplies, it's unrealistic and we're gimping marth, he'd just die, very badly.

Ike will be running hit and run tactics, with Marth trying to locate and trap them.

Again, this could take months in total time.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I am going to take the sidelines in this one.

I don't feel like disscusing a match-up right now.

Going to join if Ike's side starts losing ground though.

Same could go with Marth. I mean, he killed a Demon Dragon. Ike killed a mad king, and a god, but that was with the help of ANOTHER god.
Marth did it with the help of several divine dragons, several guys with divine weapons and a sword that was effective against dark dragons and a shield that made him invincible at close range. Also, the demon dragon could not move.

smashbot226

Smash Master
That's not the case. Both are fighting an opponent of equal skill. I also agree with JOE!'s matchup, and a possible scenario:

Due to Marth pressing the lines of some unnamed enemy empire, they hire the Greil Mercenaries to ambush Marth's group in the stated battleground, and to take out their supply line and cripple the enemy.

But if we are giving Marth, effectively, the "Defend & Capture" objective, I think it's only fair that he gets a ballista.

But then wouldn't Ike get a Tiger Laguz? Well, they'd be regular tigers...

smashbot226

Smash Master
Feral Ones? I refer to trained fighters like Mordecai and Lethe and Raja-

Never mind that last one. You only get it if you've played Path of Radiance.

Oh, and next match-up should be: DK Vs. Captain Falcon (Without His Guns.)

Predator Vs. Prey...

EDIT: Actually, I dunno about that. Falcon may just stab DK to death with his nipples.

Oh, and if Roy fights Ganondorf, give Roy the Sword of Seals.

EDIT EDIT: Never mind, it'll be Falcon (Without Guns) Vs. Wario.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob41XQ-60A

This fight's theme.

And when I say this fight's theme, I mean the Greil Mercenaries's theme.

-----------
Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_warfare

Big armies are ineffective against smaller armies, and it is always a better idea to use small, mobile forces to fight them instead.

Smaller armies must be kept on the run constantly with aggressive patrols, raids, ambushes, sweeps, cordons, roadblocks, prisoner snatches, etc.

And when Marth is forced to split up his army into much smaller squads...Ike will defeat those small squads, one by one, because separated, Marth's army stands no chance against the mercenaries.

It would basicaly be the pre-rules overhaul match repeated 4 times in a single fight.

-----------

Yes, I did not keep my promise. Shut up.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
The strategy and tactics of guerrilla warfare tend to focus around the use of a small, mobile force competing against a large, unwieldy one. The guerrilla focuses on organising in small units, dependent on the support of the local population.

Tactically, the guerrilla army attacks its enemy in small, repetitive attacks from the opponents center of gravity with a view to reducing casualties and becoming an intensive, repetitive strain on the enemies resources, forcing an over-eager response which will both anger their own supporters and increase support for the guerrilla, thus forcing the enemy to withdraw.

That's my prob.

That's saying Marth's army isn't organized...and it is?

And hasn't Marth done stuff like this before, too? Pretty sure he knows how to deal with it.

This needs to turn into a Dynasty Warrior's type of fight :p

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Yeah, he's pretty badass. He has sick comboz and musou and doesn't afraid of anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_warfare#Organization

Heavily armed cavalry, armed with lances and a varied assortment of hand weapons played a significant part in the battles of the Middle Ages. The heavy cavalry mainly consisted of wealthy knights and noblemen who could afford the equipment. Heavy cavalry was the difference between victory and defeat in many key battles. Their thunderous charges could break the lines of most infantry formations, making them a valuable asset to all medieval armies.

^Good read indeed.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
The strategy and tactics of guerrilla warfare tend to focus around the use of a small, mobile force competing against a large, unwieldy one. The guerrilla focuses on organising in small units, dependent on the support of the local population.

Tactically, the guerrilla army attacks its enemy in small, repetitive attacks from the opponents center of gravity with a view to reducing casualties and becoming an intensive, repetitive strain on the enemies resources, forcing an over-eager response which will both anger their own supporters and increase support for the guerrilla, thus forcing the enemy to withdraw.

That's my prob.

That's saying Marth's army isn't organized...and it is?

And hasn't Marth done stuff like this before, too? Pretty sure he knows how to deal with it.

This needs to turn into a Dynasty Warrior's type of fight :p
Marth usually fights wars against numbers not that high from his.

Usually, in SD's fights, enemy numbers are not that big compared to yours, and consist on army vs army battles most of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDlVxrl_GxQ

Just look at the enemy numbers. And that's supposed to be the chapter with the highest amount of enemies in the game.

On the other hand, Ike gets to fight these numbers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAuEyh8x9AE
On a casual basis.

Note, both are on hard mode.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
It was just an (extreme) example. The mercenaries face much higher amounts of enemies than Marth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jectEVBM2zI

Marth does not have as much experience in guerilla warfare as Ike.

Also, the above video is how I see Ike attacking a defensive Marth's army. He is going to hit fast and very hard and will probably defeat a good number of Marth's units and then retreat on horseback. Or finish the job and kill Marth quickly. Whatever works best.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
K, w/e.

Marth's forces aren't total scrubs either.He has the # and most likely the offensive advantage b/c of his heavy horsemen and Calvary.

Ike really needs some sick strategies. And, with Soren gone, he'll have a harder time.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
In conventional warfare tactics, not in gerrilla tactics.

And there is also advisor longevity. Pretty sure Jeigan will get shot right between the eyes the very moment the mercenaries recognize him as a high-ranking knight.

Jeigan sucks at fighting.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
An OLD war vet.

He may have been the stuff in his times, but not anymore.

I am sure that is the reason why he sucks in his games.

Top Bottom