• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Lucario wouldn't even need Extreme-Speed anyway, he could just jump out of the way.

Basically, Diddy can't get a hit on Lucario because whenever he gets close enough, Diddy is overwhelmed by Lucario's prowess and skill in close combat.

Diddy is ***** in virtually any situation.
:laugh: What the master says goes.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
SMASHBOT: Chimps are agile too, they are as big as a small human and are 5 times as strong as us.

Lucario is 1/4 smaller than a small human and the only thing he has going for him ( in this thread, mind you) is his martial arts (AKA random pokemon moves) and perphaps sudden speed bursts with quick attack.

I am seriously on Diddy for this,

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I just can't see Diddy being bigger than Lucario; it boggles my mind. And also, I already expected Drain Punch to fail. :)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
That's my point.

EDIT: Do with these what you will - Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Stone Tomb, Brick Break.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I dunno how stone edge works and I also don't know if Lucario has poison glands. But he probably doesn't.

Brick break: breaks bricks. People can do that but with lots of concentration.

Stone tomb: he summons stones from nowhere and buries his opponents. Not realistic.

Rock climb: may actually boost his movility. Now he can climb rocks.

Rock Smash: I doubt someone could break a rock if they struggle with a brick.

squirtleuser007

Smash Apprentice
stone edge is where the user takes a rock and stabs the opponent with it. it's really overpowered and used a lot in competitive pokemon. and he dont have poison glands.
why would u smash a rock to hurt the opponent? rock climb is trash, same with tone tomb brick break will work, as it is a high powered karate chop

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yes, and add the crippled, doom, bloody, lost limb and death statuses to the list....kidding, of course.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Yes. I was referring to moves being stronger than average even thoguh they're not different from normal.

smashbot226

Smash Master
SMASHBOT: Chimps are agile too, they are as big as a small human and are 5 times as strong as us.

Lucario is 1/4 smaller than a small human and the only thing he has going for him ( in this thread, mind you) is his martial arts (AKA random pokemon moves) and perphaps sudden speed bursts with quick attack.

I am seriously on Diddy for this,
Oh, Diddy is five times as strong as a human then? Well, that'd be god and all...

IF HE WAS ACTUALLY FIGHTING A HUMAN. But no, he's fighting a small yet powerful fighting machine that has taken down much more fearsome beasts, even without Aura. Diddy has taken down crocodiles with an I.Q. lower than their shoe size.

Also, Diddy is about three feet when translating to real life; he's a small chimpanzee in the games so why are we translating him bigger than he already is? Sure, Lucario isn't a tall fella, but Diddy is teeny. So what if he's stronger than the average human, so is Lucario? Moot point good sir.

Also, Lucario is capable of many attacks, for many situations. Just because he has Aura doesn't mean he can't use other attacks that will hinder Diddy, such as:

Detect- A defensive move that allows Lucario to block any attack thrown at him.

Close Combat- A very powerful assault that will likely leave Diddy blodied, if not dead.

Cross Chop- The fighting type equivalent to Stone Edge, except its power is increased due to Lucario's fighting prowess.

Reversal- Technically, an attack that does more damage the more hurt Lucario is. If, indeed, Diddy can beat Lucario to near death, Lucario could one-shot Diddy.

Sky Uppercut- Can knock Diddy Kong into the air for a follow-up attack once Diddy lands.

-------------

As you can see, Lucario has plenty of attacks for his arsenal that require NO Aura whatsoever. In fact, the only things that could even REQUIRE Aura are Aura Sphere and Foresight.

Diddy is still dead. Which pains me because he is my Secondary.

EDIT: Again, IVYSAUR VS. DIDDY WOULD BE THE MORE EVEN MATCH-UP.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
No, that would be this: Jigglypuff Vs. Peach.

I actually have loads of more even matches than the current one.
Neat. That WOULD be intereasting, although Joe's doing a good job on this thread for the most part...

EDIT: What about Squirtle versus Game&Watch?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Kirby Vs. Wario: Glutton Vs. Glutton!

Game & Watch Vs. R.O.B: Retro Vs. Retro!

Pit Vs. Zelda: Battle of Heavenly Proportions!

Yoshi Vs. Squirtle: Egg-Tosser Vs. Water-Hurler!

Diddy Vs. Ivysaur: Peanuts Vs. Seeds!

Lucario Vs. Fox: Aura Warrior Vs. Space Warrior!

Sonic Vs. Power Suit Samus: Speed Vs. Strength!

Ice Climbers Vs. Olimar: Two Eskimos With Hammers Vs. An Astronaut and Hundreds of Pikmin!

Toon Link Vs. Meta Knight: Sea-Farer of Many Talents Vs. The Flying Doom!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Oh, Diddy is five times as strong as a human then? Well, that'd be god and all...

IF HE WAS ACTUALLY FIGHTING A HUMAN. But no, he's fighting a small yet powerful fighting machine that has taken down much more fearsome beasts, even without Aura. Diddy has taken down crocodiles with an I.Q. lower than their shoe size. Uh-hu, lucario can take down little animal pets and gods that aren't actualy gods that have a BIG chance of beating him if they were player controlled.

Also, Diddy is about three feet when translating to real life; he's a small chimpanzee in the games so why are we translating him bigger than he already is? Sure, Lucario isn't a tall fella, but Diddy is teeny. So what if he's stronger than the average human, so is Lucario? Moot point good sir. Still as big as Lucario, and still extremelly strong. Lucario is strong but not broken strong.

Also, Lucario is capable of many attacks, for many situations. Just because he has Aura doesn't mean he can't use other attacks that will hinder Diddy, such as:

Metal Sound- Can disorient Diddy and leave him defenseless. Unless he has ear protection, he will be affected too. No sound beams here. Stupid move.

Quick Attack- A swift move that will blindside Diddy without the speed of Extreme Speed.Diddy is ALWAYS fast, he does not require small speed burst attacks to evade or dissorient enemies. And he still has better movility.

Close Combat- A very powerful assault that will likely leave Diddy blodied, if not dead. If he can touch him. Diddy still is faster and has better movility than him and can hit him out of the attack or run while the attack is happening, dealing minimal damage.

Protect- A defensive move that does not require Aura, but can negate Diddy's attacks.[That leaves him incapable of attacking and moving and vulnerable for another attack. No turn based combat here.

Toxic- Can poison and weaken Diddy, likely killing him. Lucario does not have poison glands. Unless he can make poison in the middle of the fight, it won't happen.

Dig- Lucario can dig into the earth and pop out from unexpected places; Diddy won't be able to see him coming. Not as fast as in the anime. He will slowly dig his way to reach diddy and will be too tired to continue fighting once he gets out.

Double Team- Similar to Metal Sound, except Diddy could actually strike the correct Lucario. Even then, chances are slim. No creating replicas of yourself in the real life. Won't even work.

Endure- Can defend against Diddy's attacks if he is low on energy or is close to death, and could very well make a viable comeback. Sure, why not. Will still leave him bloodied, but alive I guess.

Iron Defense- Can make Lucario's skin practically unbreakable OR unbeatable, and requires no Aura. Turning you body into metal is not realistic.

Magnet Rise- Changes Lucario's ability to enable him to Levitate. Again, requires no Aura whatsoever. Is there a gigantic magnet above him that lets him levitate? Not realistic.

Cross Chop- The fighting type equivalent to Stone Edge, except its power is increased due to Lucario's fighting prowess. Sure, no prob.

Mind Reader- Allows Lucario to render Diddy completely predictable, and can lead to Diddy's defeat. Are there psychic powers inthe real world? He still could get detect, but not mind reader.

Reversal- Technically, an attack that does more damage the more hurt Lucario is. If, indeed, Diddy can beat Lucario to near death, Lucario could one-shot Diddy. Not realistic. HE WON'T EVEN BE ABLE TO MOVE IF HE IS THAT DAMAGED.

Sky Uppercut- Can knock Diddy Kong into the air for a follow-up attack once Diddy lands. Lucario is lighter than Diddy, he wouldn't even knock him on the ground. SCIENCE says so. And not sky high uppercuts.

-------------

As you can see, Lucario has plenty of attacks for his arsenal that require NO Aura whatsoever. In fact, the only things that could even REQUIRE Aura are Aura Sphere and Foresight.

Diddy is still dead. Which pains me because he is my Secondary.

EDIT: Again, IVYSAUR VS. DIDDY WOULD BE THE MORE EVEN MATCH-UP.
Again, REALISTIC FIGHTS.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235552

Go there if you want canon fights.

Diddy vs lucario is like a martial artist vs a gorilla. The martial artist has better moves but the gorilla is still stronger.

Or lvl 25 Lucario with aura sphere, iron tail, extreme speed and psychic vs lvl 50 lucario with karate chop, metal claw, quick attack and confusion. The former has better moves but the latter still kills him with one karate chop.

But Lucario will still win because he is a kung-fu metal psychic jackal, while diddy is a chimp with a hat. Cool vs not cool= cool wins.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Though I've been staying out of this mostly due to not knowing much about Diddy, I can safely say that Diddy is NOT faster than Lucario. Lucario runs as fast as cars.

And what exactly makes Diddy weigh more than Lucario?

Edit: Also, for metal sound, creatures who use things like that usually have ears that are tuned in a way to make the sound not effect them.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Okay, post 'twas fixed due to errors. Now only consist of Fighting Type attacks. Now for my retorts:

Uh-hu, lucario can take down little animal pets and gods that aren't actualy gods that have a BIG chance of beating him if they were player controlled.
Oh, of course: Defeating a temporal, spacial, and demonic god is certainly not that hard, but neither is defeating the God of your world, the most powerful creature in your world, and the three beings that embody the human spirit, right? OF COURSE, BECAUSE BEATING ANTHROPOMORPHIC CROCODILES WITH HELP FROM AT LEAST FIVE PEOPLE IS SO MUCH HARDER. What was I thinking?

Still as big as Lucario, and still extremelly strong. Lucario is strong but not broken strong.
I'm sorry, are we talking about a chimpanzee that would rather develop more Orange Grenades and more impossible technology then raise his meager fists to fight, or are we talking about the cross-breed between Ganondorf, Leonidas, and Big Boss? YOU ARE MAKING DIDDY SOUND LIKE HE COULD BEAT GOD, BOWSER, AND DR. MANHATTAN COMBINED. HE is not that strong, he's the monkey equivalent of a tech nerd. He is nowhere NEAR as strong as you say.

If he can touch him. Diddy still is faster and has better movility than him and can hit him out of the attack or run while the attack is happening, dealing minimal damage.
Granted, Diddy is fast, but his only dependable range is CLOSE range, barring his lulzy Peanut Popgun. Even then, Lucario could dodge those no problem, and Diddy will be forced to close the distance, which isn't good. Even then, while Diddy was running away, Lucario could use an attack like Focus Blast or Vacuum Wave to strike at the fleeing Diddy. The chimp might be fast, but he can't outrun a disintegrating beam of energy or an insta-hit moderately weak razor-wave.

That leaves him incapable of attacking and moving and vulnerable for another attack. No turn based combat here.
Diddy won't be able to attack Lucario while he is protected. Once Lucario blocks the attack, he could quickly counter attack for a finishing blow.

Not realistic. HE WON'T EVEN BE ABLE TO MOVE IF HE IS THAT DAMAGED.
Well in any case, it is a counterattack move that will reverse Diddy's attack and hurt HIM rather than Lucario.

Lucario is lighter than Diddy, he wouldn't even knock him on the ground. SCIENCE says so. And not sky high uppercuts.
Regardless, uppercuts are nasty punches, and given Lucario's speed, strength, and skill, and given Diddy's frail and sizable mug, if Lucario can land ONE uppercut on the monkey, he's done for. PERIOD.

Diddy is ALWAYS fast, he does not require small speed burst attacks to evade or dissorient enemies. And he still has better movility.
Neither does Lucario. They're both fast, and this may surprise you, but Lucario, since he is a Martial Arts fighter, HAS GREAT MOBILITY TOO. OH GEE WIZ. Looks like he could keep up with your monkey.

Top Bottom