• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm gonna say it again, the two characters have incredibly similar abilities and are both at a level of power where both could instant-kill each other if they get in, but also could stop everything their opponent does.

This fight will go nowhere, because by all indications, they're both apocolypic-level psionics, with no way to differentiate them, with all that entails.

500-500.

Hmmm.....but still, wouldn't a micro black hole rapidly evaporate because of it's greatly diminished mass and wouldn't that require Mewtwo to concentrate on making multiple black holes multiple times in order to dodge the barrage of pk flashes Ness has prepared for him? Or keep concentration in order to keep the mass of said black hole if he does not want to make more black hole?
Yes. But they only have to last for an instant.

And you gotta remember that that pk flash is just one barrage.

Actually, place it right (right near the point that the attack originates at) and it will create a massive shadow from a single singularity.

And wouldn't Ness be able to use other attacks while Mewtwo is concentrating on them?
Near instantanious, but yes.

Or create his own black holes?
yes.

And how would Mewtwo create his own black holes if he first needs to create a very poweful collision in order to create them, or make an object's pressure be unable to resist it's own gravity?
Not collison, compression.

And if he in fact can do that, can he do it fast enough to redirect the flash of light?
Again, this is one of many options to do it. He'll be able to see it coming fast enough to counter because of his own psionic abilities, specifically telepathy and telekenesis, both of which offer their own "warning system".

Telekenesis by "Feeling" the local area, and telepathy by mindreading (specifically picking up the concentration).

But most Link's aren't the same Link. Ganondorf on the other hand is. And Mewtwo may think something and it starts to happen, but it doesn't happen at the snap of a finger tip. He doesn't think it and it's suddenly the way he wants it. It took time. And if Mewtwo can really overcome Ness, why is it that in the game he can get caught? And if it's true that in the manga he gets caught, then it really tells us that even though he's strong, he can still be taken down, even by someone who has no psychic ability.
Ummm, no. Psionics is exactly, "you think about it, and it happens". Mewtwo has been displayed in the anime to have the ability to instaniously create massive blasts of energy.

As far as getting caught, it's a case of the trainer punching out cthulhu.

Actually it's more like, "Did you just stuff Cthulhu in a little ball?" Pokemon sort of created this trope by doing it over and over and over and over again.

Light flashes. It doesn't stay in one spot. In other words, if Mewtwo is anywhere around Ness, chances are he'll get hit.
Ummm, actually light travels in waves, the waves decrease in density (therefore power) as a function of the square of the distance.

I don't think Mewtwo can create blackholes. Just because Gardavoire can doesn't mean Mewtwo can. Again, that'd be like saying because Charizard can melt boulders with his fire, Rapidash must be able to as well.
Actually, sort of not true. When we're dealing with cases of pure power, if one pokemon can do it, then a pokemon that is more canonically powerful in that element can do it. This only applies in cases where ability to manipulate is not a factor.

As far as the Black Hole goes...

It's just a power thing, it's ability to apply enough force to gather and compress matter enough to make the escape velocity greater then the speed of light.

Yes, Ness is probably capable of doing this as well (just as mewtwo is probably capable of PK flash) because it's a raw power thing, and mewtwo has displayed raw power in spades.

Basically, I THINK charizard has canonically hotter flames then Rapidash, so if Rapidash could do it, so can charizard. Moltres is Canonically more powerful in his element then Charizard so yes, he can melt boulders.

First off, Giygas is much more superior than Ness. PSI Flash wouldn't simply kill him and I can't exactly explain why other than he's got the defense to survive it. As for why PSI Flash doesn't kill Ness, think of it as a person who can control time. Would it make any sense to control time and yet not be able to move through it? You can look at some of the characters from Castlevania being able to control time and move through it or Hiro from Heroes. Why doesn't Samus' Bombs or Power Bombs kill her but kills everyone around her?

And NoA are douche bags.
Punching out Cuthulhu.

As for Samus, her armor is built specifically to work with it.

you did not just say that.
*waits for adum to reply to Uffe's post*

I'll just wait for adum's post to decide my stance on this fight.

And SOLID, we did not listen to you because what you said was not convincing.

I am still kind of sure that Ness has this.
Why does everyone always depend on me?

Those are stats. I really don't give a crap.
Not quite true, overall stats allow comparisons to other pokemon and give very rough estimates in capabilities compared to others.

In other words, if two pokemon have aproximately the same total stats, the pokemon are about as powerful.

@adum:

if its so boring like this, why has the discussion gone on so long?

Ive changed characters so their would be discussions about them, not just "snake shoots DK, ggs"
Because other people haven't gotten fed up with all their debate and discussion being for nothing because "Joe ruled x, regardless of what the point of the thread is, and what the actual capabilities of the characters are".

If you know it's gonna be "snake shoots DK, GG", then don't pair those two, pair people that either don't have that issue or we don't know have that issue going in(Peach v Zelda produced a good debate even though it was lopsided, because nobody really knew about Zelda's advantage until I pointed it out, and even then we had to debate it).

"We figured out one is IRL-nerfed" is a good conclusion to a discussion, instead of just changing characters into something they're not or going against the point of the thread.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I never implied he built it within a day nor suggested it. That is you making a wrong assumption.
So then it just comes to show that it took him time to build it.

What part of Probability do you not understand? Probability is likelihood, just because the probably is high does not mean it will kill Mewtwo in one hit every time.
Don't forget the part where it says, "high". So it has a better chance of actually hitting, thanks.

Game says this, game says that, blah blah BLAH! Its like saying if a guy tells you the sky is green, that automatically makes it true.
So then the Pokedex about Gardavoir being able to make blackholes is hearsay.

Also, by the same logic, PK Flash does not exist either, neither do any of the combatants other abilities. Your argument at the end fails.
You missed the part where I was mocking you.

JOE!

Smash Hero
note:

what does PK Flash kill? ANYTHING?

does it 1 hit kill bosses? or does it only do the generic enemies in?

We've allways treated characters as bosses to each other....(when we adjusted game stats to RL and the like)

@adum:

they depend on you because I stopped being involved, and became more of a judge after DDD vs DK :p

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
note:

what does PK Flash kill? ANYTHING?

does it 1 hit kill bosses? or does it only do the generic enemies in?

We've allways treated characters as bosses to each other....(when we adjusted game stats to RL and the like)
It can even kill the pig king statue in one hit (that invincible boss that requires a special item to be defeated).

And yeah, it is canon.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
So then it just comes to show that it took him time to build it.
You honestly thought I thought a structure like that could be built in a day? I don't believe Mewtwo to be a Demigod as you might think.

Don't forget the part where it says, "high". So it has a better chance of actually hitting, thanks.
Grab your brain and reread that part. I didn't.

You missed the part where I was mocking you.
You missed the part where I cared. /sarcasm

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
The two of them have shown great control and power in their psychic abilities, and they are pretty much equal in their basic abilities.

But I think Ness has the slight edge because of a superior movepool.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh my...adum came back...

Anyway, you inspired me to make an MS paint comic.
For as long as I feel like arguing with Joe about the thread's methodology.

I've completely lost interest in this thread since he started randomly buffing and nerfing characters.

You better show me the comic btw.

@adum:

they depend on you because I stopped being involved, and became more of a judge after DDD vs DK :p
I guess they'll have to get along without me again soon.

The two of them have shown great control and power in their psychic abilities, and they are pretty much equal in their basic abilities.

But I think Ness has the slight edge because of a superior movepool.
Movepool is game mechanics.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Well...

The two of them have shown great control and power with their psychic abilities, and they are pretty much equal in their basic abilities.

But I think Ness has the slight edge because he has realized better ways to use his psychic abilities offensively.

Is that ok?

EDIT: This is how I visualize the PK flash in my mind: (2:20 for the impatient)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Z1q5sdz7Y

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well...

The two of them have shown great control and power with their psychic abilities, and they are pretty much equal in their basic abilities.

But I think Ness has the slight edge because he has realized better ways to use his psychic abilities offensively.

Is that ok?

EDIT: This is how I visualize the PK flash in my mind: (2:20 for the impatient)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Z1q5sdz7Y
So....Ness wins?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Draw, just draw. The argument is not going anywhere very fast.

Note to you all. I was on the fence a LONG time ago, I just got back into it because Ness' fanboys advocates wanted to make it completely one-sided in Ness' favor, not unlike what alot of the Mewtwo advocates did with Mewtwo.

Does the fact each character's ability to create strategies make any difference in this MU? At all?

tocador

Smash Lord
No?

What does a superior(not reeally) move pool do if you cant kill your op? Is like throwing rocks at a giant iron wall. It wont work. It dosent matter if you get bigger or smaller rocks, you wont pass it.

G_G draw.

We depend on you because you invented M2, dur.

In wario vs luc we didnt for a example xP.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
He shoulda won a long time ago.
That's what happens when people with dubious information and half-***** posts (Paya, Tocador, you both suck balls) start dominating the thread with senseless bickering and going for ''Total Domination'' of the other side.

This is a debate, not a warzone. You are trying to convince people to change to your point of view OR learn that your point of view is wrong and accept the new and truer knowledge, not to make the other side look like fools.

Jeez...(in my pants)

payasofobia

Smash Champion
That's what happens when people with dubious information and half-***** posts (Paya, Tocador, you both suck balls) start dominating the thread with senseless bickering and going for ''Total Domination'' of the other side.

This is a debate, not a warzone. You are trying to convince people to change to your point of view OR learn that your point of view is wrong and accept the new and truer knowledge, not to make the other side look like fools.

Jeez...(in my pants)
Hey, **** you man.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
The only sane, intelligent and unbiased people in this thread are me, JOE!, adum, marthage and Uncle.

You know it to be true.

EDIT: Scratch that, only adum, me and Uncle.

Everyone else are either lurkers, one-post suckers or idiots.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
The only sane, intelligent and unbiased people in this thread are me, JOE!, adum, marthage and Uncle.

You know it to be true.
You forgot me D:

But I'm here every now and then with a lulz comment.

/away

EDIT: Anyway, Ness wins. I love Mewtwo as much as the next guy, but Ness has some PSI tricks up his sleeve.

tocador

Smash Lord
It is not.

I already said why.

EDIT: Scratch that, only adum, me and Unclepowerbombage.

No you didnt, you keep saying you are unbiased, but still, you couldnt provide arguments on why anyone would win.

They both can TP for eternity, and they both will insta kill if the other one misses a chance.

In fact, hey can just play defensively and TP for ever, wich is a unbreakable defense.

Therefore its a draw, like its all ready being said, dont think you are the one always right =/.

UncleSam

Smash Master

You know it to be true.
aww I'm touched
EDIT: Scratch that, only adum, me and Uncle.

where did you come in and why is marthage gone? wtf?
*yawn* I vote for Diddy.... and I see flamewar in y'all's future.
I've already stated this http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8216360&postcount=5615
Why do you think i keep DP "accidentaly"?

Mindgames much?

And its a draw, dont ***** about it.
>.> I have 702 posts on this thread, try catching up
Uncle is biased when it comes to metroid. With both ridley and samus ^^.
It's one series and I know so much about it. why wouldn't I support it, it's like why ET and Uffe supported ness.

@MRG: Lurker or idiots? I feel bad =/.
yeah MRG you can't classify tocador as one or the other.
.cuz he's both loljk.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Draw, just draw. The argument is not going anywhere very fast.

Note to you all. I was on the fence a LONG time ago, I just got back into it because Ness' fanboys advocates wanted to make it completely one-sided in Ness' favor, not unlike what alot of the Mewtwo advocates did with Mewtwo.
Lol. If you were reading way back when this started, you'd know that there were Mewtwo fanboys in here. Take tocador for example. He blatantly stated that he was bias of this match up. I'm not a fanboy. Just because I main him doesn't mean I'm a fan. I'll be back later.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
No you didnt, you keep saying you are unbiased, but still, you couldnt provide arguments on why anyone would win.

They both can TP for eternity, and they both will insta kill if the other one misses a chance.

In fact, hey can just play defensively and TP for ever, wich is a unbreakable defense.

Therefore its a draw, like its all ready being said, dont think you are the one always right =/.
Don't listen to him dude.

He is a douche. He constantly puts down even his own character and community when posting.

tocador

Smash Lord
I want hugs :D.

But, are they free?

@paya + MRG: Whats the problem with saying your friends/comunity suck? I do it all the time :p. Especially my soccer/basketball team, they suck balls right now.

Top Bottom