• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

payasofobia

Smash Champion
No dude, that's Alakazam.

The gist of Mewtwo is that he was created with genetic engineering and gene splicing and that it left him without a compassionate heart.

Rialdo, technically, that makes espeon stronger than Gardevoir. Stats show us how powerfull a pokemon is after all.

And look at previous posts. Just because garde can do it, it does not mean that mewtwo can.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Stats are also game mechanics with little basis. If they're true, that means Mewtwo's as physically capable as a 7 foot dog. He could just screw the psychicness and tear Ness apart physically then.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
No dude, that's Alakazam.

The gist of Mewtwo is that he was created with genetic engineering and gene splicing and that it left him without a compassionate heart.
I know the gist of Mewtwo, don't give me that ****. If Mewtwo were GENETICALLY ENGINEERED, why would these scientists NOT make him the best they could? Giovanni wanted a weapon, after all.

My hand is asleep and it feels really weird when I crack my knuckles.

Rialdo: MEWTWO COULD DO THAT NOW! But he can't get close, that's the problem. GAH! You people never listen, if you did maybe you wouldn't be so ignorant.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
I know the gist of Mewtwo, don't give me that ****. If Mewtwo were GENETICALLY ENGINEERED, why would these scientists NOT make him the best they could? Giovanni wanted a weapon, after all.

My hand is asleep and it feels really weird when I crack my knuckles.

Rialdo: MEWTWO COULD DO THAT NOW! But he can't get close, that's the problem. GAH! You people never listen, if you did maybe you wouldn't be so ignorant.
Actually, canon says they only cloned him from Mew, they did not combine a lot of other pokemons to make him.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mewtwo_(anime)

Even the manga says that Mewtwo is just part human part Mew, not an amalgation of other pokemons.

tocador

Smash Lord
MRG, i have beaten some times Adumb, and he me, and we both suported each other in somes mus, so stfu ><.

ps: It isnt like m2 is my favorite char, but i have spamus/EB, so thats why i root for him.

And because i like tails.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
He is powerful because he was cloned (and refined) from one of the most powerful pokemons in the game, not because he was made that way.
And I got to agree with ganon-man.

Stats mean nothing canonicaly.

Mewtwo came pre-introduction of lords of the earth and the oceans, time and space creators and god himself.

He may have the same stats as them, but saying that he is as strong as them because of stats is just stupid IMO.

Canonicaly, he is the strongest gen 1 pokemon, not the strongest pokemon ever.

If he was a refined clone of arceus....the yeah.

But he is the refined clone of a prehistoric pokemon with no special abilities other than the ability to use every pokemon's moves.

And yet they sacrificed that for slightly more power.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
He is powerful because he was cloned (and refined) from one of the most powerful pokemons in the game, not because he was made that way.
Yes, he was. But it's the refined aspect. He's all that, and more. They genetically engineered him after cloning the DNA.

But ness is more skilled so I would have to give it to Ness.
This guy wins.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I smell smoke

If you guys don't stop listening to each other than a flame war is going to start. you people are starting to recycle old facts.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
And I got to agree with ganon-man.

Stats mean nothing canonicaly.

Mewtwo came pre-introduction of lords of the earth and the oceans, time and space creators and god himself.

He may have the same stats as them, but saying that he is as strong as them because of stats is just stupid IMO.

Canonicaly, he is the strongest gen 1 pokemon, not the strongest pokemon ever.

If he was a refined clone of arceus....the yeah.

But he is the refined clone of a prehistoric pokemon with no special abilities other than the ability to use every pokemon's moves.

And yet they sacrificed that for slightly more power.
The undelying point of all of this is that Mewtwo does not have an IQ of 5000, nor does he has the same abilities as other pokemons. That's Mew's job.

And he is not a demigod....unbeatabe.... a supersoldier....manly......black hole maker......or chuck norris.

That's Chuck Norris's job.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
But ness is more skilled so I would have to give it to Ness.
What are you basing this on? The fact he can use moves like PK Flash or PSI Rockin'?

Get real.

Mewtwo's Psychic prowess is given to him from Mew, his psychic abilities and prowess are a genetic natural made through artificial means. If skill is based on what they can do with their powers, then I would like to see Ness make a gigantic building using only his mind using giant pieces of metal, and actually make it structurally sound.

If this battle was based on just skill with Psionic abilities, it would stalemate *suddenly grumpy*. But NO~, Ness has to have Flash Ω. *kicks a random tomato can.*

Uffe

Smash Hero
What are you basing this on? The fact he can use moves like PK Flash or PSI Rockin'?

Get real.

Mewtwo's Psychic prowess is given to him from Mew, his psychic abilities and prowess are a genetic natural made through artificial means. If skill is based on what they can do with their powers, then I would like to see Ness make a gigantic building using only his mind using giant pieces of metal, and actually make it structurally sound.

If this battle was based on just skill with Psionic abilities, it would stalemate *suddenly grumpy*. But NO~, Ness has to have Flash Ω. *kicks a random tomato can.*
Um, how do you do you know Mewtwo created that island? For all we know it could've been sitting there the whole time. I mean it already has plumbing, lighting and electricity already? Really? I'd also like to say that if Mewtwo could beat Ness, why didn't he beat Mew? Mew isn't stronger than Mewtwo by stats.

JOE!

Smash Hero
in the movie they said they engineered him to be superior...

anywho, @uffe:

about the link comment, ye there are different Links, but they are all essentially the same character:

Master sword, boomerang, HEY LISTEN!, bow, bombs, etc

Ganondorf is also the same character, but he vastly different iterations. Take ooT Ganon and WW Ganon:

One is very fit, very powerful in dark magics and has a giant ******* sword.

the other is kinda fat, no armor, older, and has Two Swords which he uses very quickly.

@adum:

if its so boring like this, why has the discussion gone on so long?

Ive changed characters so their would be discussions about them, not just "snake shoots DK, ggs"

EDIT @ uffe:

mewtwo didnt beat mew, but he was winning (got more hits on mew, etc) The fight was interrupted by a plot device meddling kid

Uffe

Smash Hero

anywho, @uffe:

about the link comment, ye there are different Links, but they are all essentially the same character:

Master sword, boomerang, HEY LISTEN!, bow, bombs, etc
Except the difference is they all don't possess the same weaponry as far as sub weapons go. Ganondorf is the same one because technically he never dies, he's just sent elsewhere.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Superior by refining the strongest pokemon at the time, which wasn't all that special (mew).

The times have changed and in a canon fight Mewtwo would get owned by the gods.

EDIT: Ness can teleport indefinetly too so the thing is, who has the best chances of hitting the other?

A pokemon whose attacks can still be dodged after being shot, or a character that can use a destructive and undodgeable flash of light after being casted?

JOE!

Smash Hero
none the less, it is the same character. We consolidate them into the generic "Link". Like the show, we could use the 1 iteration of link that was best, like they could choose the BEST gladiator of all time. but instead, we consolidate to see who on average would win.

Ganondorf unfortunatley is too different between showings of himself to consolidate, in that his styles, weaponary and even physique are all drastically different between appearances

PowerBomb

Smash Master
none the less, it is the same character. We consolidate them into the generic "Link". Like the show, we could use the 1 iteration of link that was best, like they could choose the BEST gladiator of all time. but instead, we consolidate to see who on average would win.

Ganondorf unfortunatley is too different between showings of himself to consolidate, in that his styles, weaponary and even physique are all drastically different between appearances
That's because after the events of OoT, Ganondorf found out where his local McDonald's was.

tocador

Smash Lord
No?

MRG, you missed the whole focus, he may not be a demigod, a chuck norris, but he can do things like "creating black holes", moving particles, changing weather, move bodys/control minds.

If anything mewtwo is the one with the uper hand on controling the flow of battle.

They only thing that will keep this a draw is because both of them can teleport for ever. Sure mewtwo has the better advantage, but if he cant hit ness "perma tele" or ness cant hit mewtwo "perma tele + gravity field", it will be a draw.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Um, how do you do you know Mewtwo created that island? For all we know it could've been sitting there the whole time. I mean it already has plumbing, lighting and electricity already? Really? I'd also like to say that if Mewtwo could beat Ness, why didn't he beat Mew? Mew isn't stronger than Mewtwo by stats.
If skill is based on what they can do with their powers, then I would like to see Ness make a gigantic building using only his mind using giant pieces of metal, and actually make it structurally sound.

@Uffe: He destroyed the lab, brought it down to rubble. He then went back to that island and began putting pieces of it back together, amalgamating them into the building that was New Island. To parody a phrase: Lrn yr AN1MU.

The anime and game do not mix, just because Mew does not beat Mewtwo by stats in the games does not mean Mew cannot defeat him in the anime, just be cause Mewtwo's stats are higher in the games does not mean he can defeat Mew in the anime.

The instant you try to mix anime and game logic into one in terms of how battles are fought, that part of your argument falls flat on its face.

By the same line of thought, (although already established) just because Ness uses Flash Ω does not mean it will succeed in killing Mewtwo every time.

...Wait, I though this was supposed to place the characters in a real-world battle setting, in which case, Flash cannot kill Mewtwo unless it has some kind of concussive or energy related force. In reality, a flash of light is not capable of killing people instantly except for lightning, which Flash is not; therefore it cannot harm him beyond blinding him for a time.

All Mewtwo would need to defeat it is a pair of sunglasses.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
No?

MRG, you missed the whole focus, he may not be a demigod, a chuck norris, but he can do things like "creating black holes", moving particles, changing weather, move bodys/control minds.

If anything mewtwo is the one with the uper hand on controling the flow of battle.

They only thing that will keep this a draw is because both of them can teleport for ever. Sure mewtwo has the better advantage, but if he cant hit ness "perma tele" or ness cant hit mewtwo "perma tele + gravity field", it will be a draw.
How will he control the flow of battle with stuff he either can't do or Ness can do too? :bee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6v5secovA

Also, if we are giving Mewtwo abilities just because other pokemon have them, then why not give Ness all PSI abilities in his game?

If other pokemons can create small black holes with psychokinesis, then so does Mewtwo.

If other psychics in earthbound can reflect all PSI attacks back at their owners and manipulate particles to freeze the air around them etc, then so can Ness.

Uffe

Smash Hero
@Uffe: He destroyed the lab, brought it down to rubble. He then went back to that island and began putting pieces of it back together, amalgamating them into the building that was New Island. To parody a phrase: Lrn yr AN1MU.
First off, enough with the 4Chan memes. They're old. Secondly, he went back to that island, but he didn't instantly build it up within a day, now did he?

The anime and game do not mix, just because Mew does not beat Mewtwo by stats in the games does not mean Mew cannot defeat him in the anime, just be cause Mewtwo's stats are higher in the games does not mean he can defeat Mew in the anime.

The instant you try to mix anime and game logic into one in terms of how battles are fought, that part of your argument falls flat on its face.

There are times when you need to pull out stats, or we're just going to all assume, as it's been this way for at least seven or eight pages. Also, you're right that the anime and game do not mix, which is what that tgsos guy brought up. Mewtwo in the anime was not made the same way in the game. Another thing is you agree with me that Mew can beat Mewtwo. So why would Ness be any different? In fact, Ness is stronger than Mew in stats.

By the same line of thought, (although already established) just because Ness uses Flash Ω does not mean it will succeed in killing Mewtwo every time.
What part of high probability of killing an enemy in a single strike do you not understand?

...Wait, I though this was supposed to place the characters in a real-world battle setting, in which case, Flash cannot kill Mewtwo unless it has some kind of concussive or energy related force. In reality, a flash of light is not capable of killing people instantly except for lightning, which Flash is not; therefore it cannot harm him beyond blinding him for a time.

All Mewtwo would need to defeat it is a pair of sunglasses.
...Wait, I thought this was supposed to place the characters in a real-world setting, in which case, Psychic doesn't exist. Seriously, guy. If the game says it can kill with one hit, then it can kill with one hit.

tocador

Smash Lord
How will he control the flow of battle with stuff he either can't do or Ness can do too? :bee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6v5secovA

Also, if we are giving Mewtwo abilities just because other pokemon have them, then why not give Ness all PSI abilities in his game?
I wont explain the physics behind it, but based on the anime, were he controled gravity, changed weather, controled bodys/read minds, and fly.

He can make ness head explode with pressure just with that descriptions.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
I wont explain the physics behind it, but based on the anime, were he controled gravity, changed weather, controled bodys/read minds, and fly.

And with the attacks shown in the games, Ness could move several asteroids and make them explode on Mewtwo's head as shown in his games.

Or even use psychic powers to heal himself from every and all injuries in a surgical level. And purge viruses from his body.....and cure blindness.....and depression.

Uffe

Smash Hero

Could you show us this proof that he can control gravity?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
First off, enough with the 4Chan memes. They're old. Secondly, he went back to that island, but he didn't instantly build it up within a day, now did he?
I never implied he built it within a day nor suggested it. That is you making a wrong assumption.

What part of high probability of killing an enemy in a single strike do you not understand?
What part of Probability do you not understand? Probability is likelihood, just because the probably is high does not mean it will kill Mewtwo in one hit every time

...Wait, I thought this was supposed to place the characters in a real-world setting, in which case, Psychic doesn't exist. Seriously, guy. If the game says it can kill with one hit, then it can kill with one hit.
Game says this, game says that, blah blah BLAH! Its like saying if a guy tells you the sky is green, that automatically makes it true.

Also, by the same logic, PK Flash does not exist either, neither do any of the combatants other abilities. Your argument at the end fails.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
And with the attacks shown in the games, Ness could move several asteroids and make them explode on Mewtwo's head as shown in his games.

Or even use psychic powers to heal himself from every and all injuries in a surgical level. And purge viruses from his body.....and cure blindness.....and depression.
Ness shows both power and technique.

Top Bottom