• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunts: Are you THAT offended by them?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Wario's down taunt is the only one that sort of gets to me.
Its because I have a bad history with it I guess. =/
All of Wario's taunts are sorta annoying though. But just his down one is.... >_<. Gahh

Smash Master
It annoys me when my opponent taunts when he doesn't do anything special. Like if a random Bob-omb falls on my head (yeah I sometimes play wifi with anyone) and I die, I don't think my opponent should feel a sense of accomplishment.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Anyone who gets this annoyed by taunting needs to grow a PINGAS.
Fixed.

If someone gets annoyed by taunting, I suggest you continue to taunt whenever possible, and eventually he'll get extremely annoyed and start cussing you. That's when you punch him in the face and tell him it's a game and he needs to either man up and quit being stupid or leave. That'll make him shut up.

Illomatic

Smash Apprentice
lol it can get annoying but not to the point where i wont play you unless you dont taunt
its apart of the game, a little edge there...its all good
if someone kills me and taunts, it just gives me motivation to get a better kill on them and taunt :p
its not as bad as t-bagging in halo though ..

Cactupuss

Smash Cadet
If you earned the right to taunt, then by all means taunt.

If the other person suicides, you shouldn't taunt, because you didn't earn it at all.:laugh:

Tricent

Smash Rookie
Yes!

I do especially against sonic. My main is falcon so hearing your too slow all the time really get annoying since I've been playing from N64! I say Show some moves when I kill :laugh:

Supernova757

Smash Apprentice
i don't like to taunt because after u do it then u sort of lose the feel that u had in the match. while u were playing. So taunting isn't a good idea in tourneys. but frieldnlies. ya it's fine. :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What sore losers, don't get killed if you dislike taunters, lol. It's part of the unique fun with each character.

For me, I love ****** people online as DK, then doing my shrugging taunt, saying...Doawnkey Kowng???

Crystanium

Smash Hero
"You're too slow" is one taunt I hate. If there is anyone who also hates Sonic's taunt, you can have some fun. This involves two controllers. Go to Training Mode, select Marth and have the CPU be Sonic. Next, bring out the Smash Ball and have Marth break it open. Once you do that, set the CPU to "Control" and bring out the Bunny Hood. Let Sonic pick up the Bunny Hood. Now you can have some fun. Have Sonic in front of Marth but facing away. Then, set the speed to 1/4 and activate the Final Smash. Once you do that, quickly get Sonic to run away from Marth. "You're too slow!"

Taunting is as part of the game as the C-Stick, hence why I HATE when people cry about it. It's strategy, it's a simple technique that was MEANT to be there.
That's funny, considering Sakurai wants people to have fun with Brawl, because he doesn't want anyone to be affected psychologically if the game were to be taken competitively and if there was a ranking system to show what rank you're placed in. So, no ranking system, but my goodness, keep the taunting in so that you can torture your friend or family member with a taunt that they want you to stop using. So much for "fun."

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
My friend has a problem with me taunting whenever I get a kill. Are others also completely annoyed and/or angry at people that taunt? It has come so far that he won't even fight me unless I don't taunt(which is hard to do when your used to it) and if I do taunt(on accident of course) he quits the game and refuses to fight me.
I'd tell him " I can do what I want, If you don't like it, Tough "

I always taunt when I get a kill, And I do it instantly so no one can hit me, I don't find it annoying if they taunt when they get a KO, but if they just taunt for no reason, then I get annoyed and beat up.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I liked watching matches between Ken and Isai because Isai would taunt after EVERYTHING.

It was AWESOME.

Show me ya moves!

:093:

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
^ Yeah, it's totally within the spirit of smash to taunt, no matter what the situation. People are taking smash too seriously if they're offended by taunts whether it be at the competitive/tourney/scrub/friendly levels.

Aura_Fear

Smash Cadet
I'm never offended by a taunt, but they can be annoying (especially if someone is camping as Sonic or Kirby on a large stage just so they can taunt spam).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Personally no, but I guess people such as scrubs or people with a short temper might get angry whenever they are knocked out, i've seen it happen that's why I say.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I have only ever met one person ever seriously offended by taunts. I taunted after kills, and he literally told me that if I did not stop, he would leave. This was way back in the Melee era, though. I've not had any complainers in Brawl.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The bottom line is this: if your friends are freaking out about taunts... find new friends. >_>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Any Sonic main will tell you that they have to taunt.
It's a necessity.

I only wish his side taunt ended faster, so it could be spammed more effeciently.

Yaya

Smash Champion
The Buzz Mindset of Picking up Chicks:

1. Take Chick out
2. Go back to your place and play Brawl
3. Taunt with Wolf, see if she approves
4. Teach her to wavedash and eat scrubs for breakfast

If one or more of these steps did not work, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

Heh, Buzz, I'm guessing the baby's asleep and your squeezing in the 15 minutes you'll get before it wakes up bawling

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The Buzz Mindset of Picking up Chicks:

1. Take Chick out
2. Go back to your place and play Brawl
3. Taunt with Wolf, see if she approves
4. Teach her to wavedash and eat scrubs for breakfast

If one or more of these steps did not work, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

Heh, Buzz, I'm guessing the baby's asleep and your squeezing in the 15 minutes you'll get before it wakes up bawling
1. Did that.
2. Brawl came out after we were married.
3. See #2.
4. I did after we were married. ^_^

And yes, I'm waiting for my baby to finish her bottle.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Dear topic creator,

I have a solution to your problem, having read the 1st post. Here is what you should do.

Tell your John friend to stop ****ing losing so much.

The End, WolfCypher.

Kirbythebanshee

Smash Rookie
i love taunting, me and my friends do it all the time
i've played games where all we do is hide and taunt until someone is annoyed enough to kill us
it can annoy me if overdone, but its all in good fun, so i dont care :)
people who are offended by it, they need to calm down. Its a ****ing taunt.

Angry_Beaver

Smash Rookie
My friend doesn't like it when I taunt when we're doing 1-on-1. I think my personality is a little overbearing when I game, and I usually win matches, so it could be the case that I'm making him feel bad about his skill (which is improving). But I'm in the habit of taunting after each KO, so sometimes a taunt slips out when I'm playing him. I've crouch-taunted a few times and he hasn't said anything about that. :bee:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's why you do it when they won't/can't hit you, after a kill is always a perfect time. :D

Top Bottom