• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunting

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
I think the purpose for taunts is just fo something to do while the player is flying off into the distance...
... Doesn't help that snake's taunt takes forever!
WAHH!?! Sakes taunt is fast! You just have to know how to come out of it (press "A" or "grab")
I like gimping Links with it LMAO!!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Don't like "Prepare Yourself." If it's the end of the fight, what is there to prepare for?

Sure, I could taunt at other times, but I'd rather keep my rhythm going.

WPH15

Smash Rookie
I only really do taunts while the enemy is flying off into the background. Quite satisfying to hear, say, Fox screaming as he goes whizzing off into space while Captain Falcon says "Show me ya moves!" and strikes an epic pose.

BSP

Smash Legend
i rarely taunt. But it might be a good idea. If your opponent gets mad, they may make more mistakes.

Jonas

Smash Champion
i rarely taunt. But it might be a good idea. If your opponent gets mad, they may make more mistakes.
It's not like any sensible player would get downright mad from watching a specific animation accompanied with a specific soundbit :p
It kinda does send the signal that you're not taking the match seriously though, so I guess it could work on some people...

Deeptuna

Smash Rookie
I taunt whenever possible because people tend not to whine when a video game character insults them.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Taunting serves no purpose?
To me it does. Most taunts are not that bad, (except for PIt's "YOU'RE NOT READY YET" crap, which I find insulting) and taunt like movements as well (DDDs crouch).
But really, taunting is a simple way of showing dominance in a non-offensive manner (unless you're way too sensitive) and it can giev you a boost of confidence. this boost can be bad if you get to cocky, but it can also help you if you know how to work with it. Likewise, a simple taunt can also cause minor mind games with your opponent.
In my opinion, it's a psychological benifit. Go taunt today!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Taunting serves no purpose?
To me it does. Most taunts are not that bad, (except for PIt's "YOU'RE NOT READY YET" crap, which I find insulting) and taunt like movements as well (DDDs crouch).
But really, taunting is a simple way of showing dominance in a non-offensive manner (unless you're way too sensitive) and it can giev you a boost of confidence. this boost can be bad if you get to cocky, but it can also help you if you know how to work with it. Likewise, a simple taunt can also cause minor mind games with your opponent.
In my opinion, it's a psychological benifit. Go taunt today!
In all honesty? If you don't dig Pit's taunts, then YOU'RE NOT READY YET.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Any character who has an UpB/fast move like MK can use taunts as serious KO mindgames *cough Kadaj cough**

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It is possible to fake people out with them.

Top Bottom