• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Who's Got the game? :3

Vlade

Social Outcast
Pete says he prefers MvC2 as well. I have not played the game but I've had TvC for a long time now (since the original was released in japan) and I really like it. I know how you feel Timic but that's the way things roll. Something new comes out and people give it a try and they like it. I, for one, started off attending brawl tournaments. I did play melee back in the day and tried to play competitively but I was just too young to go to any tournies or meets so I couldn't really get into it. But as of recently, I have been trying to get better at melee and that motivation came from my brawl tournament experiences. You could probably apply that to TvC as well, there will probably be people who eventually get bored of TvC and then move onto MvC2 later on.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
And Tak hates it because it's not sf. and probably loses to atticus and Dekar and Redact in it :p
is this game actually out in melb? Coz I will buy it right now if it is.
lolololol Tibs, I don't hate it when I say it's not a competitive game :laugh:

Also Dekar beating me in a traditional 2D fighter XD :laugh:

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
ok i played it for like 5 hours with ledge and it was acually pretty fun, dont know if its gona be competitive XD

i play as veutiful joe and that tatsunoko lady with waluigi minions

btw how do i get viewtifuls laser super to hit? ITS SO BAD!

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah that laser move of his is so bad. Just don't use it.

I found my mains they are:

Batsu + Yatterman 2

I'm slowly getting use to this game since it is my first time ever playing a fighting capcom game.

Alzi

Smash Master
She also kicks the men in the nuts.

One of her specials is a counter so when you touch her the special then starts and at the end of it she just kicks the opponent between the legs. I found that to be lol.

Vermy

Smash Champion
can this get competitive? i mean, competitive sf4 is pretty boring to watch imo... so slow and often very campy. ehonda dittos lol.
I lol'd hard, considering the source; you main Snake and tried to teach me how to be campy with him lol. Brawl is 8 minutes per round and the top 5 characters' best playstyle is camping. SF4 is 99 seconds per round and the top tier character (Sagat) isn't dominating as heavily as MK does in Brawl. So by comparison, SF4 is agressive when sat next to Brawl.

That aside.....TvC has mixed thoughts from me. I hate the simplified input system. I truly do. 3 buttons? Urgh. But Frank West and Ryu team gets me hard. So we shall see. Haven't played it yet so bleh.

Alzi

Smash Master
TvC is short and quick.

It can change though the playstyle is usually agressive and just get in your opponents face and start comboing like hell but once the two characters are far away from each other it starts to slow down since you have to space carfully then.

Sieg

Smash Champion
TvC is short and quick.

It can change though the playstyle is usually agressive and just get in your opponents face and start comboing like hell but once the two characters are far away from each other it starts to slow down since you have to space carfully then.
So basically like every other fighting game out there? lol.

I think people need to understand that 'campy' is a legitimate strategy.

Yes I know it's boring to watch, especially in Brawl, but if it's what it takes to win, then so be it. If you don't like the way a person plays to win, then it's you're own fault for not knowing match ups etc.

The only difference between say SF4 and Brawl is that SF4 is in an enclosed space and it's pretty easy to get in on a turtle if you know what you're doing, whereas Brawl has things like ledge invincibility frames and multiple jumps that allows some characters to literally camp without fear of reprisal.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Wow Alzi you just descirbed every fighting game in existence >_>

Stop pretending you know **** when you clearly don't

Shut up already please

_X_

Smash Lord
Just got this game.

Brb MVC1/2

It's quite fun actually, maybe easier than MVC2 for epic combo-ing.

Ryu can do like L>L>Super. Actually, pretty much everyone can combo one hit > super.

Alzi

Smash Master
I know everything about TvC TakFR. I am the best in Australia at this game believe it.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I have a bootleg Japanese copy that Soid gave me so I don't have the new characters that the international version has. My Morrigan+Jun team is OK for now. Ryu is cool because everything he has combos into super hadouken.

Also I'm starting to play CvS2. Anyone care to play against my Athena+Vega+Sakura team someday?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Played on the weekend. Amazing.

Watching Pro MVC2 players play makes it even more amazing.

Game is great.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
lol so much hype about it. it was fun to play on the weekend.. but it feels like people will **** me at it in time.
i am alright at it now. use casshan, batsu or morigan or frank west (lol)

earla

Smash Lord
will this get competitive? thoughts? popularity? deep enough?

Alzi

Smash Master
It can if many people put intrest in it.

But Batsu is what makes this game awesome so yeah just play him guys and you will win alot.

Pete278

Smash Lord
With Evo backing it, and Keits obsessively backing it on SRK, it'll pick up in popularity once people realise its not trying to replace Mahvel.

Alzi

Smash Master
TvC is the closest thing you can get to MvC2 right now. So it really should get competitive.

Alzi

Smash Master
Well capcom wanted to somehow re-create a MvC2 and TvC is the sucessor for it.

You guys know what i mean.

Pete278

Smash Lord
No, its not a successor, and its not a recreation. MvC2 was rereleased on the 360/ps3 for good reason. TvC is merely another a Vs game, none of which play like each other in the end. Just, stop being dumb.

Alzi

Smash Master
Capcom wanted to re-create MvC2 or somthing simmiler to it and succeded with TvC.

TvC is like MvC2's bro.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I know everything about TvC TakFR. I am the best in Australia at this game believe it.
Are you going to get stronger than Sasuke and become the Hokage too?
=_=

TvC is just a new breed of versus fighter. It is not MvC2's successor or brother or anything like that. Capcom have already stated that TvC was lucky enough to get released outside of Japan. They've also mentioned that depending on TvC's success, MvC2's true successor will go into the works. Possibly with a massive roster too.

Just please stop trying to prove things, there are people here who know much much more about 2D fighters than you.

Vermy has spoken.

Muzga

Smash Ace
But alzi wont listen
He never listens
See this way im right either way

Vermy

Smash Champion
If he were truly Jackie Chan he would listen. Jackie Chan was asian and from Melbourne and looks like my dad.

I like you Muzga. You have a Spiderman avatar. He's no Batman, but still.

On a side note, but not unrelated, since Marvel is now owned by Disney, I dunno if MvC3 would work. Marvel also aren't as "big" as they used to be, so a Shonen Jump vs Capcom or something like that may be more likely.

Namco need to pull out a finger and do a versus game. Mortal Kombat vs DC happened, and even though it wasn't a great competitive game it was a great fan service. Namco owe it to the fans.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
namco have tales of vs if thats any consolation

shonen jump vs anything would be leet.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol seig not really, thats just jump vs jump, not jump v something else.

arrows got the right idea, and snake is in everything.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
DBZ v Capcom would be my dream game.

And TvC isnt here to replace MvC2 and its nothing like it other then Vs in the title. I do believe both can be played competitively.

Iv been following some of the tournaments in America (and Japan for the original release) And with the new release fixing alot of the problems the original release had its really made it tournament viable

Top Bottom