• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa Smash Thread *BEEFY VS THE SUNDAE*

ProXY GatoR

Smash Cadet
I probably won't make this weeks fest, got alot going on atm. If i do go, i won't be there till like 8 (add an hour onto that, because we're GOING to get lost on the way, even if we know where it is -_-)

PolMex23

Smash Champion
good **** trump xD

last time, all im sayin

dont worry, ill give you a good daddys spanking next time howard xD

good **** aglow, next time.

Ed you make me angry. But you an Mic now have me thinkin...

Polmex must learn the essential quality of...patience xD

Veggi

Smash Champion
Smashfest shoutouts for those not willing to view the results thread:

Beefy: Thanks for hosting that sick fest. You scare me sometimes though. Lay off the women, lmao.

Proxy: Cool meeting you for the first time. Sleep is for the weak. Pichu is for the strong.

Ed: Double Ganon ain't gonna beat Trump and I.

Polmex: Polmex!! I'll get you next time. I'm not sure what your situation is now, but I hope you can make it to more fests.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, alex, for someone who just started snake, you are really legit! I am sure you will continue to grow in wisdom and beauty. Or maybe just smash brothers >_>. Either way, we will be doing the knock-off future team of ROBs!

And Jason (if I got that right) is a totally legit Falco. He should play with us more.

ProXY GatoR

Smash Cadet
@Aglow- Yeah dude, and thanks for that. We need to play more! I never got those friendlies. Well, if i make Ed's, we can get some in then.

I'm really looking forward to this, sure hope everything falls into to place, because after this one, i'm gonna have a REALLY big problem making them, because band kicks into high gear next week, and i can't miss anything. Trying to set a good example is gonna kill my smashing time hahaha.

trumptight

Smash Journeyman
good **** trump xD

last time, all im sayin

dont worry, ill give you a good daddys spanking next time howard xD

good **** aglow, next time.

Ed you make me angry. But you an Mic now have me thinkin...

Polmex must learn the essential quality of...patience xD
Ha.......ha ha ha. Can't handle this fox son!!!!! Na just kiddin. Everyone knows ur luigi is legit, u were just rusty. ( you like what I did there? I said ur johns 4 u........hard read!!!!!)
@Ed- can't handle me n Veggie's mario team

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Thanks trump xD. that means alot to me. I plan to go to a tourney soon so i just can jump start it up again (the ****** of course) but first my Tampa brothers gotta teach me a lesson xD.

An thanks for doin so. I literally forgot I had to play anyone else other then Aglow. Its a standard rule. Focus on the next one, never ahead.

Second, I am rusty. But this is brawl not melee so itll take me 2 more smashfests to get technically efficient in brawl again. But third,

Times have changed. I was alil more savvy back in the day. But in all honesty I truly always lacked patience. Back in the day it was overcome with smarts an awesomeness.

So ima work on that. I would be such a better player. Im Luigi, not Metaknight.

Yea thanks alot for johnin for me it makes me feel good. An ty for handin my *** to me on a platter. I learned my lesson.

in 2 weeks BIATCHES!!! (Maybe 1 if i can convince the g/f but most likely not.)

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@Noel; then bring your happy *** on by and we can do this!

@Trump; I will get you, Ganon-****!

@Polmex; do your best to make it so me and mic can teach ya more patience. So much Ganon! Hangout with the GF all week and then suddenly your Thursdays will clear up for us. Seriously!

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
So I am definately coming, but I am going to be hiked up on vikaden : (. Premptive johns. I'll start acting like Dr. House and playing pokemon trainer.

So my friend Andrew may come too. He wants to learn luigi, so you'll have to help him out Polmex.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Would anyone be interested in going to Play n Trade before the smashfest tomorrow? I won't be able to stay at the smashfest as long because I'm going to Georgia the next morning so I want to be SICK of this game by the time I get out.

ProXY GatoR

Smash Cadet
Almost 100% sure i'm not gonna make tomorrow. I've got band, my normal ride isn't going, etc. Basically, i've got the deck stacked against me =\. Maybe i'll get a miracle, but it's probably not gonna happen.
Also, the new BlazBlue is amazing, if you haven't already played it. I went in so sure i was gonna keep playing Jin, but then i met Lambda haha.

ProXY GatoR

Smash Cadet
Tager was my second in CT. He plays very similar, most of the combos that applied in the first one still work in CS, except you have a new move called Gadget Finger, and ALL of your good combos end in it haha. Plus, Ragna got SO amazing, and i don't care what match-up charts say, Tager is the ultimate Ragna counter. So that helps a lot.

I can't explain what they did, but with all of the minor tweaks they did (like SMALL hitstun adjustments, new barrier system, etc.), it controls so much smoother. Plus, the NU-like characters aren't unstoppable, so i can finally play one shamelessly ;]

P.S. I'm talking to Ryder about a deal, might still make it.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Tager was my second in CT. He plays very similar, most of the combos that applied in the first one still work in CS, except you have a new move called Gadget Finger, and ALL of your good combos end in it haha. Plus, Ragna got SO amazing, and i don't care what match-up charts say, Tager is the ultimate Ragna counter. So that helps a lot.

I can't explain what they did, but with all of the minor tweaks they did (like SMALL hitstun adjustments, new barrier system, etc.), it controls so much smoother. Plus, the NU-like characters aren't unstoppable, so i can finally play one shamelessly ;]

P.S. I'm talking to Ryder about a deal, might still make it.
I hated playing against Ragna in CT. I felt like there was barely any reason to use sledge and it's really hard to find holes in his block pressure.

I'm excited to get the game even though I probably won't be able to play it much because I'm going to Georgia. ;-;

@ Beefy

: (

ProXY GatoR

Smash Cadet
Ed told me to tell people that the doors to the fest will probably be opening at 8pm. This isn't for sure, but it's the estimated time as of now. Get ahold of Ed or me or somebody, idk, if you need more details haha.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
So, TAMPA

We want to be, the very best....

But...to do that...well....COME ON, STEP IT UP

Beating the crap out of eachother in friendlies is fun, but not terribly helpful in the long run. After last night I realized that me telling you better ways to beat me/go around the matchup is infinately better than me just chain grabbing or w/e. We should help the guy next to us in beating us. Who are we trying to impress? There is no reason to leave our friends in mystery of a matchup. If they turn around and beat us...then good! More motivation to work! With our close range web of players and MASSIVE local player pool, we should start beating out crews from Naples, Polk County, or wherever.

So many people in Tampa have a great deal of untapped potential, but for one reason or another, aren't growing into it as I believe they could. If any of you guys want serious practice, you should come over and play with me. I'm decent at identifying bad habits. I also need peeps to help me break mine. Once I bounce back from my surgery, Trump and I are already planning on doing this on a regular basis.

Give me a call at 863-221-6056 if you want to play!

Veggi

Smash Champion
Yeah!!!!

I have a question. I'm going to Georgia and I'm wondering if there are any people that live there and how I would contact them to figure out if they're close enough to me.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
So, TAMPA

We want to be, the very best....

But...to do that...well....COME ON, STEP IT UP

So many people in Tampa have a great deal of untapped potential, but for one reason or another, aren't growing into it as I believe they could. If any of you guys want serious practice, you should come over and play with me. I'm decent at identifying bad habits. I also need peeps to help me break mine. Once I bounce back from my surgery, Trump and I are already planning on doing this on a regular basis.

Give me a call at 863-221-6056 if you want to play!
or we could wifi ;o. it'll be just like a smashfest without me eating ur food and effing up your bathroom with the ocassionally lag if ur downloading ;o

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Yeah!!!!

I have a question. I'm going to Georgia and I'm wondering if there are any people that live there and how I would contact them to figure out if they're close enough to me.
I would start by going to atlantic south forum, then clicking the georgia tourney thread that continas bi-weeklies (can't remember which tourney it is...waba?) and talk to people about it there. Next I would try the georgia social.

or we could wifi ;o. it'll be just like a smashfest without me eating ur food and effing up your bathroom with the ocassionally lag if ur downloading ;o
It's not just occasional lag , downloading or not. It's soul eating face crunching lag from hell. My apologies. If nothing else, I hope to meet you at the next play n trade free tourney.

Top Bottom