• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

talk to me on AIM for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
NEO is incredibly sexy, and he is one of the reasons I keep playing Marth.

But sometimes I get really philosophical and ****. I mean the way I see it is this:

Take a lower tier character like say, Wolf.

Wolf can't win anything alone. We all know this.

Yet Wolf is a unique character. No other character can do everything Wolf can, with the Reflector, laser, bair, nice jab, dthrow setups.

MK does everything Marth does but BETTER. Fair and dtilt zone? MK does it better. Gimp? MK does it better. Juggle? MK does it better.

It just seems pointless. And from what I gather, playing MK like you play Marth works. And from what I heard Inui say at APEX, M2K thinks NEO has a top MK rofl
neo does have a top MK and it's gay as ****. but he doesn't use him in tourny outside of emergency MK dittos (though that's really rare now since he's beating top mk's all over).

sorry double post, i could delete this but im too lazy

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
If you want to position yourself on the other side of the stage quickly yeah. Though if you learn how to time it right (or actually "not" right >_>) you can do a small glide.

@fear

not lately but im thinking about playing it again

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
It just seems pointless. And from what I gather, playing MK like you play Marth works. And from what I heard Inui say at APEX, M2K thinks NEO has a top MK rofl
I believe it was infernoOmni who said that people who switch to Mk and do really well were usually already at the top of their previous mains metagame.

Neo is widely considered to be the face of Marths metagame. And since Mk can do everything Marth can do, but better, Neo can possibly be one of the best Mks out there right?

Switching to Mk was really easy for me at least. Marth and Mk play in a very similar fashion.

I say that if Neo does switch, which I highly doubt, he can easily climb up to rival M2K and Ally.

My two cents, but I'm crazy.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
hmmm this thread seems like a major ego boost for steel? I don't really get it wasn't there already a Q&A thread?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I will NEVER EVER main Metaknight.

****ing quote that 20 times.
You should especially at your level you'd be good. You'd be winning the money that m2k and ally is winning. Gotta tuck the pride away and get that paper my dude. You're just wasting time maining Marth.

Tari

Smash Apprentice
I believe it was infernoOmni who said that people who switch to Mk and do really well were usually already at the top of their previous mains metagame.

Neo is widely considered to be the face of Marths metagame. And since Mk can do everything Marth can do, but better, Neo can possibly be one of the best Mks out there right?

Switching to Mk was really easy for me at least. Marth and Mk play in a very similar fashion.

I say that if Neo does switch, which I highly doubt, he can easily climb up to rival M2K and Ally.

My two cents, but I'm crazy.
Question relating to this..

Steel, do you think NEO's Marth is/will be able to beat top MK players? Or even go on par with M2K and Ally?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Was that like, supposed to be funny?
So you're not a fan of family guy oh well.

Some people just enjoy playing the game, its not all about the money.
I enjoy playing the game also however, if i was playing the game at neo level I'd def wouldn't be ******* around with Marth when I could just win much easier with MK and make more money.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Question relating to this..

Steel, do you think NEO's Marth is/will be able to beat top MK players? Or even go on par with M2K and Ally?
I can answer this question. Due to marth's limitations as a character Neo would have to achieve a level above M2K and ally with that said I find it hard to believe that he will be able to be on the same level as them. Barring some hax **** being found with marth.

I love you too bass.

Tennet

Smash Champion
You should especially at your level you'd be good. You'd be winning the money that m2k and ally is winning. Gotta tuck the pride away and get that paper my dude. You're just wasting time maining Marth.
And you're wasting your time bothering to click on the Marth boards...

Steel why do you let people like this in here?

Albert.

Smash Master
I "view posted" again to see if AL *****ed me out or anything butthen I see that He did display some good, sound logic.

regarding viability of NEO beating M2k/Ally types.

kind of like
If two armies are facing each other with equal numbers of men. And one army is wielding revolvers and the other army is wielding sub-machine guns, and they both have equally good commanding officers, which one is going to come out victorious?

Marth Emoness :)
LOL

sorry for the wall of thought.

Axcius

Smash Rookie
Steel2nd, how does the counterpicking system work? Do both players strike one stage in the bgeinning, then pick a starter? Who picks first, and also, how many strikes are in 2/3 and 3/5?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Steel2nd, how does the counterpicking system work? Do both players strike one stage in the bgeinning, then pick a starter? Who picks first, and also, how many strikes are in 2/3 and 3/5?
You're asking two different question.

Stage striking is when you start with 5 neutrals and each person strikes a neutral until you neutral left.

Counter picking is once a person loses they pick a stage then winner picks a character then loser picks a character.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Ok Steel, is Haruhi Season 2 annoying the crap out of you or did you just read the manga to find out what happened?

I figure I'd ask the person who started the Haruhi obsession for Marth mains.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
neo already is beating top mks like dojo and infinity.
DANG steel2nd havent kept up with who play who..... Infinity is no longer a top mk man... he hasnt played Mk since like.. COT4 LMFAO, and the mm he beat dojo in dojo was playing relatively bad... at Genesis dojo kinda wrecked both bardull and mikehaze(not so much mikehaze though) LOL.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Ok Steel, is Haruhi Season 2 annoying the crap out of you or did you just read the manga to find out what happened?

I don't even know what haruhi is I guess that don't make me a marth main.

Why doesn't Havok get more hype? Is it because he plays MK as well? I've seen him placing pretty really at tournies.

Asimio

Smash Apprentice
I'm also very interested in what NEO has to say about what AlmostLegendary said.

Why are you so completely dedicated to Marth? Do you honestly believe that Marth's game can improve beyond the level of MetaKnight and Snake?

How old are you Steel?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

I'm not even watching the "new" eps atm, not worth it. I read th novels awhile ago so yeah I know what happens.

DANG steel2nd havent kept up with who play who..... Infinity is no longer a top mk man... he hasnt played Mk since like.. COT4 LMFAO, and the mm he beat dojo in dojo was playing relatively bad... at Genesis dojo kinda wrecked both bardull and mikehaze(not so much mikehaze though) LOL.
lurk moar plz

I'm also very interested in what NEO has to say about what AlmostLegendary said.

Why are you so completely dedicated to Marth? Do you honestly believe that Marth's game can improve beyond the level of MetaKnight and Snake?

How old are you Steel?
Marth won't ever pass them, though I feel snake might be a slightly overrated character. I guess the only reason I still post here is to keep my children in check and I just like the marth community. But yeah, character dedication gets you nowhere. Though I guess you could be like Dphat and SAY you main marth but still use meta 95% of the time ^_^

I'm 17

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
You really have followed in the footsteps of our sensei haven't you?

Also, it's true that Neo is probably top 5 MKs right now. I, along with many other top players in New Jersey think that Neo is probably the best player on the East Coast now that M2k is moving to Ohio, and is held back by Marth. It's okay though. When I'm playing perfectly, my Marth is nearly as good. He's just 9001 times more consistent than me.

Neo also has a **** Snake btw.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I heard Neo just uses ftilt with Snake lmao

but ****, is his MK really that good?

Tari

Smash Apprentice
Also, it's true that Neo is probably top 5 MKs right now. I, along with many other top players in New Jersey think that Neo is probably the best player on the East Coast now that M2k is moving to Ohio, and is held back by Marth. It's okay though. When I'm playing perfectly, my Marth is nearly as good. He's just 9001 times more consistent than me.
What?! Over 9000?!

Steel, two questions; How long would it say it took you to become good at Brawl? and if the MK and Marth match-up really is as horrible as people say.. why isn't it like.. 20-80 MK?

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Cheese is an idiot, I played a match from my friend's wii while mine was broken, so therefore I got a free win and should be DQ'ed.

<3 cheese logic.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
So what, I was playing like **** at 4 am at COT4 when Infinity beat me, no johns. I still have a chance vs Dojo, and I think overall I'm better at Marth vs MK than Mike and Bardull because I've practiced and studied the match so much.

And stop hyping my MK up LMAO, my MK ****ing sucks. I just happen to be able to win with him sometimes because I'm a smart player and it's uh... Metaknight.

All my Snake does is use counter defensive hitboxes to whatever my opponent throws out first. It's not hard, this game isn't hard LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom