• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

talk to me on AIM for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Let it rock is legit. I play while listening to it most of the time.

Viva la vida is okay...

Santana is a beast.

Taylor swift is annoying.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
What are the best ways to DI with Marth when hit with an attack that sends you upwards, and an attack that sends you horizontal. Two different attacks not one attack put together btw.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Er, I've been a Marth main since Brawl came out (a n00b Marth main that is...), and I'm having trouble improving. Any good tips on ways I should practice?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
What are the best ways to DI with Marth when hit with an attack that sends you upwards, and an attack that sends you horizontal. Two different attacks not one attack put together btw.
Sent upwards just DI left or right, depending on what side of the opponent you were hit on. Horizontal DI up.

@dragonblooded

Playing people way better than you repeatedly is probably the fastest way to get better. On your own just practice precise control over Marth.

@East

it's useless imo, not reliable at all. there are better more reliable options

@bleachigo

Well, first off there are no true frame traps in Smash. But against Marth specifically.. it'd be hard to even find pseudo frame traps because of his DS. Though you'd probably have the best luck with MK's dtilt.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
here we go:

Regarding use of recovery i answered a question in the other question thread involving the lag that occurs to you after using DS hitting the ledge then getting on the stage and jumping or doing an aeiral... uhm to word this better/differently after you sweetspot the ledge with ds theres a lag that freezes marth for a bit after you land directly back on the stage. Is there a way to avoid this other than just simply not using DS to sweet spot the ledge? This flubs our ledge jump back the stage option completley. (like sometimes i wont up b and just di to the ledge to avoid it.)

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
What's the best oos option for Marth with his back to the opponent? Fullhop dair only works at certain % (they can hit you back if they're in the air with you), and DB is too risky/laggy at that range. Most of the time I end up just dashing/rolling away, but eventually that'll get predictable.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
here we go:

Regarding use of recovery i answered a question in the other question thread involving the lag that occurs to you after using DS hitting the ledge then getting on the stage and jumping or doing an aeiral... uhm to word this better/differently after you sweetspot the ledge with ds theres a lag that freezes marth for a bit after you land directly back on the stage. Is there a way to avoid this other than just simply not using DS to sweet spot the ledge? This flubs our ledge jump back the stage option completley. (like sometimes i wont up b and just di to the ledge to avoid it.)
Nope, Marth is stuck with it. Only way to avoid it is to land with an aerial or a b move.

What's the best oos option for Marth with his back to the opponent? Fullhop dair only works at certain % (they can hit you back if they're in the air with you), and DB is too risky/laggy at that range. Most of the time I end up just dashing/rolling away, but eventually that'll get predictable.
Opponent's behind Marth.. that's a tough position for Marth to be in. Sometimes I do SH bair OOS, but most of the time jumping/dashing/rolling away is probably the safest option.

∫unk

Smash Master
there's also cross over n-air (or f-air but n-air protects you longer) out of shield but it's not as safe as the options steel mentioned

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
It can be useful for certain situations. 1, it can offer a different approach angle which can catch your opponent off guard. Also, though extremely situational, if for whatever reason you wanted to quickly get on that platform and perform an fsmash or any other ground move you now have a quick route to do so. It can also be used if your opponent misses a tech and they're laying there, they probably won't use an attack get up since you're underneath them. Platform cancel > chase their roll.

But mostly its just for looking sexy, obv

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
It's a good ledge mixup on Smashville sometimes. When you're being edgeguarded, wait till the platform moves near you, ledgejump, plat cancel, and dash off.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
What do you think is Marth's role in doubles? Also, is there a better was for Marth to play in doubles than in singles (Offensive vs Campy) ?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Eh, I dunno if this is really an answerable question, but I'm trying to just completely start over and rebuild my Marth's playstyle. What are some things to work on for someone who knows all the basics and justs needs to start over?

Okay, looking over my question, its not really answerable, is it? Not enough detail for a real answer....

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
What do you think is Marth's role in doubles? Also, is there a better was for Marth to play in doubles than in singles (Offensive vs Campy) ?
In doubles I just camp and stock tank, though he can go on the aggressive if need be.

Eh, I dunno if this is really an answerable question, but I'm trying to just completely start over and rebuild my Marth's playstyle. What are some things to work on for someone who knows all the basics and justs needs to start over?

Okay, looking over my question, its not really answerable, is it? Not enough detail for a real answer....
no clue how to answer that

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
So

Why do we keep playing Marth, even though we've admitted to the fact MK is just a better version of him and that Marth can never be allowed to win anything?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Cus we all strive to make our marth as fast as NEO's obv

But i dunno, if it's one thing I've learned from brawl it's that character dedication gets you nowhere in the long run.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
ohey look. I knew one of these threads would pop up sooner or later lol.

1. When did you get so popular and climb up "the ranks" (lolgayname) in this board? Pretty sure you were just a regular common when Brawl just came out no?

2. Confusing question but, you know how like when your standing on a platform and shielding right?, and someone hits your shield, do you know how to like platform drop out of shield? And I'm not talking about shield drop > platform drop > Fair, just basically holding your shield and platform drop (w/o shield drop) and aerial? (And I hope I got the terms correct since l'm sure platform drop is where you press down x2 or something like that lol)

3. Any tips on a tourney setting mentality? Pretty sure there's a vid of that from Sky, but I'd like to know your own input. Also do you have anything or tips to control your emotions and not let it get to best of you in the real battlefield? That seems to be my biggest challenge pretty much the mental mind. :/

4. Are you like known for to meat-ride EL's and ****?

k thx if u manage to answer these nub questions :[

Player-3

Smash Hero
because you touch yourself at night.

Next question!
ive been playing alot of diddy lately and i <3 his GT

then i play marth agaisnt my friends diddy which is probobly one of the top 10 in the ****rey and like

i try to retreating glidetoss > running sideb and it doesnt work cuz marths is so dumb and huge

makes me maaaaaad

better question for steel is

how do i use it good ];

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Cus we all strive to make our marth as fast as NEO's obv

But i dunno, if it's one thing I've learned from brawl it's that character dedication gets you nowhere in the long run.
NEO is incredibly sexy, and he is one of the reasons I keep playing Marth.

But sometimes I get really philosophical and ****. I mean the way I see it is this:

Take a lower tier character like say, Wolf.

Wolf can't win anything alone. We all know this.

Yet Wolf is a unique character. No other character can do everything Wolf can, with the Reflector, laser, bair, nice jab, dthrow setups.

MK does everything Marth does but BETTER. Fair and dtilt zone? MK does it better. Gimp? MK does it better. Juggle? MK does it better.

It just seems pointless. And from what I gather, playing MK like you play Marth works. And from what I heard Inui say at APEX, M2K thinks NEO has a top MK rofl

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
ohey look. I knew one of these threads would pop up sooner or later lol.

1. When did you get so popular and climb up "the ranks" (lolgayname) in this board? Pretty sure you were just a regular common when Brawl just came out no?

2. Confusing question but, you know how like when your standing on a platform and shielding right?, and someone hits your shield, do you know how to like platform drop out of shield? And I'm not talking about shield drop > platform drop > Fair, just basically holding your shield and platform drop (w/o shield drop) and aerial? (And I hope I got the terms correct since l'm sure platform drop is where you press down x2 or something like that lol)

3. Any tips on a tourney setting mentality? Pretty sure there's a vid of that from Sky, but I'd like to know your own input. Also do you have anything or tips to control your emotions and not let it get to best of you in the real battlefield? That seems to be my biggest challenge pretty much the mental mind. :/

4. Are you like known for to meat-ride EL's and ****?

k thx if u manage to answer these nub questions :[
1. I think when I released vids of myself vs Emblem lord in early June I started to get recognition by people. After that I just learned stuff pretty quickly and spread my knowledge and I got noticed.

2. I know what you're talking about but no i don't, i saw a vid of it somewhere though.

3. I usually play better in tourney than I do in just normal friendlies because I'm more determined and more into the match. I think a lot of it just comes from having tournament experience. I'm probably not the best one to ask for how to keep emotions in check since I get frustrated easily over the stupid **** in brawl, but it's mostly just keeping a positive attitude throughout the match no matter what happens. If you keep thinking to yourself "I can't believe I just rolled into that fsmash" then you're going to lose. If something bad happens immediately just "let it go" and reset yourself.

4. What?

Thanks steel.

How long will you be in the yay area?
Aug 12-17. There's like a 95% chance I'm spending one of those days at jun's so you should come too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom