• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

talk to me on AIM for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
A few people said I should probably make one of these, and seeing how low-moral this board is right now I suppose we could spice things up a little. This thread is inspired by Emblem Lord's chat thread and Snakeee's thread which was inspired by Cort's thread and Cactuar's thread.

I've been around awhile, I've trained with top level players, and I just know sh*t. I'm making this thread to extend my knowledge to those who are inquiring about anything related to Marth, smash in general, or if you want to know anything about me like interests etc.

If I don't answer for awhile or don't know something then other members can also take part and answer questions, but for the most part I should be here to help you guys out. You can also ask me to look at a video or something of your Marth and I'll tell you what's up. (no i won't play you on wifi)

Ask away :D

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
o plz ur not cool enough to have one of these gtfo.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Wifi Marth ditto Paypal Money match nao :)

But yeah, where are the loli pics? (thats totally marth related)

Player-3

Smash Hero
y iz dtilt so gud

edit for srs question and no spam:
not really a marth question but i sandbag to much

help plz i cant stop all i do is jump around and aerial and punish lag with side b until i either lose or win
i played better before i stopped taking barlw seriously

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Focus in what sense? A lot of it just comes from experience. Elaborate.
OK, I'll try to expand on that.

Obviously, when you're playing your best, it's a lot different than when you're playing your best, and it's evident to you and anyone else watching your matches. Now to my question.

If you're playing your best, how do you keep your concentration so you continue to play your best? Or if you're playing badly, how do you change your mentality so you play better?

I guess that's what I'm trying to ask.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
OK, I'll try to expand on that.

Obviously, when you're playing your best, it's a lot different than when you're playing your best, and it's evident to you and anyone else watching your matches. Now to my question.

If you're playing your best, how do you keep your concentration so you continue to play your best? Or if you're playing badly, how do you change your mentality so you play better?

I guess that's what I'm trying to ask.
With Marth it probably won't happen throughout the entire tournament. You undergo fatigue and that can severely hurt your playing, especially with a character like Marth.

It comes from experience and mental strength. But mostly the mental strength part.

If I'm playing bad I take a break and get some water (water is good ****) and hope that I'm better when I come back. But people have bad days, all players do.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
not really, do retired melee players feel weird having melee vids of themselves up even though they don't play anymore? >_>

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
not really, do retired melee players feel weird having melee vids of themselves up even though they don't play anymore? >_>
Touche. Help me cope the wifi lag w/ Marth, it feels like there's friction when I move and attack, I'm getting better at it but it happens too late game.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I would just get used to it after I play a few games. But if the connection is bad then I don't even bother.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I would just get used to it after I play a few games. But if the connection is bad then I don't even bother.
Hmm same here, oh well, it helps.

What are Marth's safest options to get back to the ground from:

a) On a platform with an opponent under you
b) Really high in the air (a normally just mixup my AD and DB stalling, but jic)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
a. Fall through up air or fair, dash left or right off the platform and up air (with the back part of it hitting them), but usually if they're pressuring I jump off and go to another platform (if we're on bf) to get away from them. Learn to maneuver around the top of the platforms well.

b. DB stalling, baiting one way and then double jumping another way. Make sure you don't waste your double jump

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
bardull what happened to your jab lock to tipper fsmash question dont think i didnt see what u did there

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
a) if you asked me this a week ago i'd say hell no. but now it's up to a 17% chance. because 1) i can drive now and can possibly train with spammerer (but if he only wants to play melee then **** brawl) and 2) im going to norcal in august and im gonna meet junk and dem fools

b) thanks

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
When I get two stocked im my first match of the set I often find it hard to pull in a win again with my Marth.

So is this entire Hot and Cold theory really affect Marth by that much? Or am I just wierd. It happens with my Mk as well, just not as often.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
If you get 2 stocked, and they prove to you it wasn't a fluke later in the set, then they're clearly just a better player than you.

There is no hot and cold theory, da ****

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i dunno

some of my favorites though are let it rock, viva la vida, into the night, and all of taylor swift <33333

Albert.

Smash Master
Let it rock by Kevin Rudolf? >_<

into the night from what??

I should hook you up with some music but you'd like ignore it.

:)

HAVE you seen the Pixar Movie UP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom