• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't it end up with Sakurai picking the characters though. At least that's what we were told what was going on. I mean if that's the case then it's just up to Sakurai on who to pick.
You're right and it's impossible to say without knowing the internal process of getting a character. But isn't it possible that they started pushing out ports after being reached out to by sakurai for post-pass dante?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Reddit Post said:
Nintendo Retail Ambassador here! The job of a Nintendo Ambassador essentially entails travelling to various stores, locations and other accounts to help promote Nintendo products by making sure everything is where it should be, helping people with hands on demonstrations etc etc. Basically dealing with Nintendo stuff on the front lines of the retail world
Sounds like Nintendo Ambassadors are pretty low on the pecking order. They're just the PR people at Nintendo events who make sure everything's shipshape, and tell you to buy the game the event is about.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Sounds like Nintendo Ambassadors are pretty low on the pecking order. They're just the PR people at Nintendo events who make sure everything's shipshape, and tell you to buy the game the event is about.
And from my understanding from everything we have been hearing. Nintendo is keeping this character under lock and key. So I am thinking it can still be all of the deconfirmed characters honestly.

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
Huh thats interesting never would of guessed with that job title.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
That's weird that an ambassador would know exactly who FP5 is. I'm remaining skeptical about Naz's info.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
The fact that neither of our main leakers have definitively commented on Phoenix, despite him being very prevalent in speculation right now, is weird, but I dunno if it's weird enough for me to count it as a sign.
They can both be irritatingly slow to respond to these kinds of things, so I'd say give them a couple of days, and if they're both still silent, then be a biiiit suspicious.

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
The way i think is this.

If Phoenix is FP5, that means surely Dante was passed up in favor of Phoenix, but if he's not, we're back to square one pretty much, but if i ever felt Dante could have been passed up once in favour of Phoenix, i could see it happening again post-pass.

I don't know if that makes any sense, or if it came across just really weird, but i wanted to express why i'm optimistic for Phoenix even if he isn't FP5.

I am pretty tired, so i think i might go get some sleep, so goodnight y'all! remember, no crying until it's over and all that jazz.

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
I guess this is a reminder that we should be careful and be mentally prepared for the worst.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
No I haven't sorry.
My signature didn't load **** lol. But here
1575526068617.png

Miku is more of a joke pick but, you get the idea. My list has been proven pretty impossible for awhile now :v

Speaking of which. I think I want to redo this entire signature thing. I don't like how it looks.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
They can both be irritatingly slow to respond to these kinds of things, so I'd say give them a couple of days, and if they're both still silent, then be a biiiit suspicious.
Doesn't Vergeben usually wait until the last minute to leak something (like how when the SNK leak happened, he said it was Terry only a few days before Terry was revealed)? If he's gonna weigh in on this, it's entirely possible we're not gonna hear from him until a few days before the Game Awards.

Krankees

Smash Ace
You're right and it's impossible to say without knowing the internal process of getting a character. But isn't it possible that they started pushing out ports after being reached out to by sakurai for post-pass dante?
Yeah it's possible, and that's scaring me.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Just got caught up with the recent Capcom stuff. Seems like most are thinking he's just speculating. Obviously we dont know for sure unless he says so himself, but that's how I'm taking it for now. If the leakers come out and start saying no Capcom either then I might end up on team the leakers are wrong just due to the sheer number of characters being shot down.

Sometimes yeah, but lately they've both been pretty active cutting things down. Dante was shot down in about 12 hours, Lloyd was about a day and a half to 2 days, Scorpion didn't take long either. The Phoenix leak was a full leak ago and that got shot down within the day, but nobody commenting on the character for a week feels off. If nothing is out about him by the time we're almost at the VGA then something is up, but I think it's fine to start asking questions about it right now since this is one of the longer waits we've had on it

Honestly Nick is a perfect way to end the Fighters Pass. The whole putting Joker on trial thing fits so amazingly well.
The one issue I have with this theory is that unless it happens later(I've only played the first 3 AA games, 4th will come once my next check clears) it's that Phoenix is a defense attorney, so Phoenix putting Joker on trial makes no sense. I suppose there's ways around it, like maybe Phoenix is defending Joker and at the end of the trial after getting a not guilty verdict Joker give Phoenix one more invite he found, but that seems like a long trailer.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
The one issue I have with this theory is that unless it happens later(I've only played the first 3 AA games, 4th will come once my next check clears) it's that Phoenix is a defense attorney, so Phoenix putting Joker on trial makes no sense. I suppose there's ways around it, like maybe Phoenix is defending Joker and at the end of the trial after getting a not guilty verdict Joker give Phoenix one more invite he found, but that seems like a long trailer.
I mean, Phoenix could sue Joker, which would make Phoenix defend himself.
He has joked about suing others in his games

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Miles Edgeworth echo fighter confirmed.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
sabi2.PNG

Sabi still doesn't take a side on this debate, but re-states that they have not personally heard from their source that FP5 isn't Capcom.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
View attachment 250092

Sabi still doesn't take a side on this debate, but re-states that they have not personally heard from their source that FP5 isn't Capcom.
That feels pretty good. Obviously Sabi cant say "Yup, Its a Capcom rep guys!" for multiple reasons but that's twice where Phoenix could have been killed now and hasn't been. Maybe Verge has something, but for now I remain optimistic

Also, due to a new job it's very likely I won't be able to watch the VGAs now. Man that would be a day if Phoenix gets revealed but I have to wait all day to celebrate or see the trailer

Krankees

Smash Ace
That feels pretty good. Obviously Sabi cant say "Yup, Its a Capcom rep guys!" for multiple reasons but that's twice where Phoenix could have been killed now and hasn't been. Maybe Verge has something, but for now I remain optimistic

Also, due to a new job it's very likely I won't be able to watch the VGAs now. Man that would be a day if Phoenix gets revealed but I have to wait all day to celebrate or see the trailer
First it was the weirdly worded tweet about the French journalist leak, then it was retweeting PushDustin's tweet, and now it's a vague comment about the whole Capcom situation. Something's up.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
First it was the weirdly worded tweet about the French journalist leak, then it was retweeting PushDustin's tweet, and now it's a vague comment about the whole Capcom situation. Something's up.
Part of me wants to feel like Sabi knows who it is and can't they just can't say it. Hence all these weird statements.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 250092

Mmmh...I don't want to bring down any hope, but i feel like they would say the same thing about Namco if you asked. I mean, I guess Sabi probably trust Vergeben more than Nazyrus when it comes to this stuff...but even then they're not stranger to not picking a side until the very end. I remember that up until E3 they still believed there was some merit to Xenother(the guy that said "Steve is in, accept it" and "Banjo is probably out) even if her NoA Source was saying otherwise.

Ideally, i would not lose hope until Vergeben deconfirms Phoenix. He may be a piggybacker, but atleast he doesn't talk unless he's 100% sure about his information.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Ideally, i would not lose hope until Vergeben deconfirms Phoenix. He may be a piggybacker, but atleast he doesn't talk unless he's 100% sure about his information.
To be honest, while I'm hopeful that Vergeben ends up speaking his piece in Wright's favor... that still wouldn't guarantee anything. I know he's at least somewhat credible in regards to Smash, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of Verge going "Fighter 5 is definitely Phoenix Wright" and then we find out he was wrong at the Game Awards.

So how long has it been since Verge's last major post?
I think his last post might've been either this past Sunday or earlier last week, when he deconfirmed both Bandai Namco and Level 5.

Krankees

Smash Ace
hang on ive lost track, has nick been deconfirmed or not?
We're not sure either and that's why we're waiting for Verge's comment but so far it's looking kind of hopeful. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Hoo boy. Roller coaster here. Is this what Nick feels like in his cases? This man must have a mind of ******* adamantium to go on like this.

Regardless, we're on the home stretch now. Gonna go to TGA with an open mind.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Hmm... what an interesting development this is schrodinger's lawyer indeed.
I Nick is out, well I never thought of him as a "lock" just likely, can't say Im utterly devastated but its a bit sad.
Also: cmon folks, let's chill, at least we can joke about Phoenix making a ultimate turnabout.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>even Nazyrus is speculating enough to pass off as an insider
Good grief, is everyone suddenly wanting to become the Vergeben collective? And now there's mistrust even in this thread.

so-it-begins-the-greates-meme-war-of-our-time-64207651.png

I'm not surprised, between all the teases and mostly supposed disconfirmations, people either want a clear date for the reveal (not to say the reveal outright) or more clear cut leaks on whose our supposed number 5. Only then to proceed to wonder whose next and how many more DLC packs we'll get, because Smash fans are thirsty like that :4dk:
The kicker is that they absolutely insist that we'll get a Direct before the VGAs, despite the fact that there's little reason to do so before February and the VGAs are the only logical event left to reveal news this year besides Jump Festa.

At this point, I'm just sort of annoyed at this new "don't actually confirm a character, just deconfirm a million characters around them" craze that's sweeping the leaker nation. Can't I just have my dreams crushed or fulfilled all at once?
Nope. Now you'll know how the Isaac/Waluigi/Shadow/Skull Kid fans felt, but at least Nick wouldn't show up as an AT, or in any form, for the moment.

"For the moment" being the key operative word, we still have an entire DLC cycle left to go through after next week.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
What's with all this talk about Capcom getting deconfirmed?
I almost had a heart attack
Phoenix Shocked.gif

We might not be out of the running yet...

But of course this witness has a clear contradiction in his testimony. And also he doesn't have proof or track record to prove his claim.

PW Pointing.gif

He's not going down without giving a fight.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
what a time to have been asleep, I suppose Capcom disconfirmation isn't conclusive among leakers yet? I guess I'll wait until Verge states what he's heard, but it's a good thing many of us made posts of keeping expectations in check, eh?
I don't personally think Dante is the guaranteed next Capcom rep if Phoenix aint fighter 5, but it's definitely more of an uphill battle than our current scenario, but not as bad as when we still had to worry about RE and MH (both which IMO trumped Dante in chances).

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
what a time to have been asleep, I suppose Capcom disconfirmation isn't conclusive among leakers yet? I guess I'll wait until Verge states what he's heard, but it's a good thing many of us made posts of keeping expectations in check, eh?
I don't personally think Dante is the guaranteed next Capcom rep if Phoenix aint fighter 5, but it's definitely more of an uphill battle than our current scenario, but not as bad as when we still had to worry about RE and MH (both which IMO trumped Dante in chances).
I still think that Sakurai will go for a more underdog Capcom pick, even if it isn't Nick. It helps that the two biggest Capcom mascots are already in here, so it's anything goes for whoever comes after them. :ultmegaman::ultryu:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I still think that Sakurai will go for a more underdog Capcom pick, even if it isn't Nick. It helps that the two biggest Capcom mascots are already in here, so it's anything goes for whoever comes after them. :ultmegaman::ultryu:
it honestly depends on how he wants to tackle things, Dante is probably the most popular and I think genre defining with RE out, Phoenix is the quirkiest and Sakurai-est in a way, Arthur is the most retro (a category I wish wasn't so predominant, but we've seen how many NES denizens conform Smash). There's more, but I don't know if I could categorize them as easily as these, nor do I feel their chances are as noteworthy (well, arguable for Arthur as well, but I think I can make a better stance on what he represents than I do Viewtiful Joe or Ammy, sorry guys). Only thing I'd like to believe ain't happening for sure is more MM or SF characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
it honestly depends on how he wants to tackle things, Dante is probably the most popular and I think genre defining with RE out, Phoenix is the quirkiest and Sakurai-est in a way, Arthur is the most retro (a category I wish wasn't so predominant, but we've seen how many NES denizens conform Smash). There's more, but I don't know if I could categorize them as easily as these, nor do I feel their chances are as noteworthy (well, arguable for Arthur as well, but I think I can make a better stance on what he represents than I do Viewtiful Joe or Ammy, sorry guys). Only thing I'd like to believe ain't happening for sure is more MM or SF characters.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that we won't get any more MM characters for this time at least. I can also count the possibility of Morrigan coming with her DS mechanics, even though she supposedly can't get in due to attire (seriously, her clothing's made out of bats, so there's an actual excuse for her to be covered up more slightly), but you can't deny her attendance record for crossovers and fightan games seeing as people mostly care for her alone.

And in fairness to Arthur, he originated on the arcades, not the crummy Micronics port, so I wouldn't really consider him NES.

Well, that's pretty much it in regards to other current Capcom possibilities, really.

Krankees

Smash Ace
The only one I'm worried about is Dante to be honest.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
As someone who’s been out of the loop for the speculation scene these past couple days, waking up to see this thumbnail terrified me lol
Thankfully, its just a recount of all the deconfirms from Sabi and Verge ever since Terry dropped. He even goes on to say Wright’s one of, if not the most likely FP5 candidates. Which is, of course, good and bad, but the fact only a leak of him has been deconfirmed but not the character himself gets me a little antsy. Still, keeping expectations tempered.

Top Bottom