• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It's definitely a mod, and personally I can't wait to see it in motion. She's my truest most pipe dream of the pipe dreams and I love seeing that people are finally talking about her. :)
I'm surprised you say that when you literally have Scrooge Mcduck below her on your wishlist not that I can't relate when I find Goku likelier to get in than Estelle Bright

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm surprised you say that when you literally have Scrooge Mcduck below her on your wishlist not that I can't relate when I find Goku likelier to get in than Estelle Bright
I added Scrooge as a half joke to get people talking but I would definitely lose my **** for him.

I've wanted Marina since I played Smash 64 back in 1999. Mischief Makers was one of my favorite N64 games at the time and I even went online to vgchat.com to talk about how much I wanted her. I've low key been hoping someone would mod her in or she'd get a Mii costume one day and I even voted for her in the ballot because I just had to shoot my shot so for anyone to show her any attention just blows me away.

Krankees

Smash Ace
I remember seeing this video and it brought up an interesting theory that Sakurai based the presentation for the trailers for Brawl from the TGS Ace Attorney presentation in September 2005 which can be seen most prominently in the Snake teaser after the E3 2006 trailer.
The dates mentioned seem to checkout as September 2005 to May 2006 is a considerable amount of time.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
One thing for sure is, people are going crazy yet again since it's been such a slow news week. Even a plain old Goomba would be enough to excite someone at this stage.

I'm not surprised, between all the teases and mostly supposed disconfirmations, people either want a clear date for the reveal (not to say the reveal outright) or more clear cut leaks on whose our supposed number 5. Only then to proceed to wonder whose next and how many more DLC packs we'll get, because Smash fans are thirsty like that :4dk:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I remember seeing this video and it brought up an interesting theory that Sakurai based the presentation for the trailers for Brawl from the TGS Ace Attorney presentation in September 2005 which can be seen most prominently in the Snake teaser after the E3 trailer.
The dates mentioned seem to checkout as September 2005 to May 2006 is a considerable amount of time.
I just saw that the other day. A supposed actual trailer may not be 1:1 like the one in the video, but if it were, then it would be the most amazing thing ever for me since it crosses over two of my favourite games!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
So this is from the Geno thread (I first saw this from the general newcomer speculation thread):

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1914#post-23704994

The guy who posted it is part of Sabi's insider circle. Looks like Phoenix won't be next, unfortunately.
Man. Say what you want about SNK's broader appeal, but they've been a major force in the FGC for decades. If in fact this is true, then like... seriously, which publishers of note would be left?

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So this is from the Geno thread (I first saw this from the general newcomer speculation thread):

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1914#post-23704994

The guy who posted it is part of Sabi's insider circle. Looks like Phoenix won't be next, unfortunately.
I don't know if this is true or not (as you said, he's part of Sabi's insider circle, and thus likely privy to certain secret info), but if it is... well, at least it's better we hear it now, rather than go to the Game Awards excited and leave disappointed.

Remember though, this is all just for the Fighter 5 spot. Phoenix Wright may be down for the count now, but he still has a chance for post-Pass DLC.
As a wise man once said...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
And we're supposed to believe this why?
Man. Say what you want about SNK's broader appeal, but they've been a major force in the FGC for decades. If in fact this is true, then like... seriously, which publishers of note would be left?
Sorry, I can't believe this guy for a second.
That smash user is in sabi’s circle (works for sabi)

Sorry buds ain’t happening...yet

But really the true key is Vergeben also said no capcom rep in fighter pack 5 as well

Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
That smash user is in sabi’s circle (works for sabi)

Sorry buds ain’t happening...yet
Just because he's in Sabi's circle doesn't mean he has reliable info. I hold onto the firm belief that the RE spirit event wasn't for nothing and that we're getting something else capcom for FP5.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Well, that guy is in Sabi's circle and the info comes from his NoA source.
I guess he isn't lying but I will wait for Verge to say something about it, I guess he will speak soon about Capcom with this turn of the events.

He always will have another shot for post-pass if he isn't FP5.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If so, c'est la vie. We still have post-pass and it was nice getting people to actually talk about Phoenix for once. I'm thinking Dovahkiin or an out-there pick like Reimu or Hollow Knight or a Nintendo rep. Or maybe a company will double dip. Arle Nadja, Kazuma Kiryu, and 2B all seem likelier.

It was deleted but basicly Vergeben potential deconfirm sora nd capcom rep’s for fp5

Just search it you will see a link but it will say thread is deleted
That feels fake. I'll wait til he actually says it and it's findable.

Krankees

Smash Ace
It was deleted but basicly Vergeben potential deconfirm sora nd capcom rep’s for fp5

Just search it you will see a link but it will say thread is deleted
That could've been a fake Vergeben. There was a fake Vergeben account that was recently deleted by mods.

Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
This entire situation just feels fishy. I've legit never heard of this guy and never seen any of his past info.

Krankees

Smash Ace
This entire situation just feels fishy. I've legit never heard of this guy and never seen any of his past info.
Yeah like how do we know he's part of Sabi's inner circle and even if they were, they say they only talked to one source.

Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
Yeah like how do we know he's part of Sabi's inner circle and even if they were, they say they only talked to one source.
Even then, how do we know he has info directly related to FP5? The info could get mixed up.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
discord pins.PNG

Sabi's personal Discord vouches for him.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Fun while it lasted. Now let's get Dante in wave 2 to officially end the hopes once and for all.

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
I say give it a day, and verge and sabi will probably comment on this.

Edit: Nevermind, they already commented on it apparently, ignore me i'm just a clown

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Welp. If this is legit, then I... really just want someone to leak the character already, because there's no other plausible character I'm invested enough in to need to be surprised about.

E: Well, that was about as quick and painful as a heart attack. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Fun while it lasted. Now let's get Dante in wave 2 to officially end the hopes once and for all.
Well, who knows. Maybe Dante has more chances than Wright but the demon hunter isn't the mascot of Capcom, that goes for Ryu and Megaman. At that point I think Wright can arrive to Smash before Dante, even if it's not the most likely scenario.

Worst case scenario: no more Capcom characters for the entire DLC cycle

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't believe anything Sabi says, so I certainly won't believe anyone getting information from them either (but Nazyrus is a dope person).

However, this has got to make Vergeben speak up. If it's not us, then it was a good run, and I'd rather know beforehand anyways.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
dont.jpg

I can't take this back and forth........

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Phoenix's grand turnabout, for reals this time!

For a few moments, the case was lost. The judge was ready to bring his gavel down and announce the verdict.

But then, new evidence came to light, and the entire case was turned around!

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Y'know what... Let's just have one of these sudden, dramatic, short-lived upsets every couple of days until the next reveal, so we can live as Phoenix before we play as him.

Top Bottom