• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Krankees

Smash Ace
You can't do this to me. I was starting to get depressed before suddenly we're back in.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't know, that's really Sabi?
I mean maybe it's just me but everytime I see a screenshoot of their Discord I swear Sabi has always a different profile pic lol

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix's grand turnabout, for reals this time!

For a few moments, the case was lost. The judge was ready to bring his gavel down and announce the verdict.

But then, new evidence came to light, and the entire case was turned around!
Like a phoenix... We rise from the ashes.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't know, that's really Sabi?
I mean maybe it's just me but everytime I see a screenshoot of their Discord I swear Sabi has always a different profile pic lol
I can confirm that the user in the picture is Sabi. That is, in fact, the same name and avatar Sabi currently has.

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
Y'know what... Let's just have one of these sudden, dramatic, short-lived upsets every couple of days until the next reveal, so we can live as Phoenix before we play as him.
I have no idea how he does it, my heart can't take it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
What a turnabout!

That said, if it gets Vergeben to comment and it's really the end for us, we had a good run. There's always future DLC and if not, maybe we can get other cool characters and Capcom reps to enjoy.

This is a ride, that's for sure.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Either Verg comments, deconfirming a Capcom character, and the dream is dead for this pass,

Verg comments and clarifies that he hasn't heard anything of the sort, and we maintain hope,

Or Verg doesn't comment, implying that he can't comment, and we actually have reason to gain hope.

2/3 ain't bad.

Krankees

Smash Ace
I need to start prepping my mind and my heart for the worst possible situation.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I think we're still in the running y'all.
image0.jpg

Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the NOA source still highly reputable though? I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be right about this.
We don't know exactly what info this NoA insider has. So I say we still have a chance.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Isn't the NOA source still highly reputable though? I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be right about this.
Well, if Sabi or Verge don't say anything about Capcom that means someone has bad info, at least about Capcom being out for FP5.
Maybe everyone had bad info and FP5 is Ryu Hayabusa, lol.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I'm just sort of annoyed at this new "don't actually confirm a character, just deconfirm a million characters around them" craze that's sweeping the leaker nation. Can't I just have my dreams crushed or fulfilled all at once?

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
I feel like we're probably going to see something very solid tomorrow. if not, we will only have one week to wait.

One long, long week.

Krankees

Smash Ace
I'm thinking if Nintendo and Sakurai put Terry into smash, Phoenix Wright has to be mentioned somewhat.

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
At this point, I'm just sort of annoyed at this new "don't actually confirm a character, just deconfirm a million characters around them" craze that's sweeping the leaker nation. Can't I just have my dreams crushed or fulfilled all at once?
It's so difficult though, because the best timeline would be he's in AND it's a surprise.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
It's so difficult though, because the best timeline would be he's in AND it's a surprise.
Now that the talk between phoenix has shifted to other companies, the surprise is gonna be good.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
No other companies have gotten this level of flipflop yet. Namco and all them got a straight deconfirmation and they haven't backed down from that. But Capcom was "they are!!!....unless?"

The only hard confirmation for Capcom was Dante.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No other companies have gotten this level of flipflop yet. Namco and all them got a straight deconfirmation and they haven't backed down from that. But Capcom was "they are!!!....unless?"

The only hard confirmation for Capcom was Dante.
The reason is because all the insiders want to personally give me a heart attack.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Even if Phoenix doesn't get in yet, I hope the next week or so is just non-stop speculation about how he's the frontrunner for the next character. It'll just feel good to have him be in the limelight for a while.

I really don't want to sound rude. But I don't want to sit through a 24 minute video. Can someone explain to me what their final verdict is?
I skipped around - he basically thinks that Phoenix is one of the most likely characters, and in particular the primary Capcom rep.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
We don't know exactly what info this NoA insider has. So I say we still have a chance.
They leaked Links Awakening and hinted at Banjo before their reveals.

Sorry Phoenix bros, I can verify that is in fact a reputable source.

I really hope he is post pass.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All we can do is wait until Vergeben or Sabi's primary source confirms or deconfirms it. If it's the end of the road, we've had a good run. I still think he has a shot post-pass depending on how things go though.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If it is over then it is over. Fun while it lasted. Definitely dont think he has a chance for wave 2 with Dante around but oh well.

The good part is that I dont have to watch TGA at all for all the fluff it has.

Krankees

Smash Ace
If it is over then it is over. Fun while it lasted. Definitely dont think he has a chance for wave 2 with Dante around but oh well.

The good part is that I dont have to watch TGA at all for all the fluff it has.
I think Phoenix has a good chance of coming before Dante. Although that's just my opinion.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I want to say Phoenix would be a pick for Nintendo fans since the Ace Attorney series has made Nintendo it's home for the longest time.

I think Dante would be the "for everyone else" pick like Joker, Hero, and Terry were.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Visiting from the Geno thread. I'm wishing you guys the best of luck for FP5! Out of all the remaining characters, I think you guys deserve it the most.
Wishing for the best.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Visiting from the Geno thread. I'm wishing you guys the best of luck for FP5! Out of all the remaining characters, I think you guys deserve it the most.
Wishing for the best.
Thank you for taking the time to comment on this thread. It means a lot.

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
I think Phoenix has a good chance of coming before Dante. Although that's just my opinion.
The one thing is that quote that said "Dante should be on a nintendo platform before he gets into smash", then a couple months later, ports start coming out for the switch. To me, that screams, they are prepping him as a newcomer. Could be reading into it a little too much but I'd still argue that Dante is Capcom's most iconic character after megaman/ryu.

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
The one thing is that quote that said "Dante should be on a nintendo platform before he gets into smash", then a couple months later, ports start coming out for the switch. To me, that screams, they are prepping him as a newcomer. Could be reading into it a little too much but I'd still argue that Dante is Capcom's most iconic character after megaman/ryu.
Doesn't it end up with Sakurai picking the characters though. At least that's what we were told what was going on. I mean if that's the case then it's just up to Sakurai on who to pick.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Again, the fact that Sabi and Vergeben haven't outright deconfirmed Capcom, even though they're among the top-speculated companies now is quite suspect.
And like I said before, the fact that Phoenix himself was the top name in speculation for a minute but only the leak got shot down feels like something. Everyone else, even Gordon Freeman, were eliminated by Sabi or Verge, but neither have said no to Phoenix yet.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The fact that neither of our main leakers have definitively commented on Phoenix, despite him being very prevalent in speculation right now, is weird, but I dunno if it's weird enough for me to count it as a sign.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Guys, we need to remain skeptical. We don't know if that guy's information is totally reliable. And Sabi nor Vergeben have said a thing about Capcom

Last edited:
Top Bottom