• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
It's just "A presentation on November 6th, Terry comes out, Phoenix gets announced" pretty much, only paraphrased a bit? It'd be a great birthday present for me, the exact day muahaha, but yeah, I think it just came from someone who may have wanted to see more Phoenix discussion
Any chance I get an amazing birthday present? It lies on Ace Attorney's anniversary next week.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I don't even think we'll see the last newcomer whenever Terry gets his release presentation, sometime around December sounds likelier, whether they repeat the VGA thing they did with Joker, we'll see.
At most text leaks can provide a scenario worth entertaining yourself with on how you'd react to it, in terms of reliability, they're always pretty much at 0.
I'm pretty certain we'll get another character now that more DLC is guaranteed, Terrys announcement makes me doubt it'll happen during the fighters pass, but they have too many iconic characters and IPs for Nintendo and Sakurai to not consider further consulting them, besides being pretty friendly lending jank to Nintendo if MM and Ryu are anything to go by.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I’d love to hear Smash remixes of Objection 2001, Pursuit~Cornered, Turnabout Sisters, Steel Samurai, and others.

Last edited:

Northadox

Smash Apprentice
There was a mega poll hosted by Sabi and supported by some Youtubers (such as ScottTheWoz) that lasted around a month.

1570372219250.png

Raw data is available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RXNck__58RoDXq55ob6a-yx28ECbQH18tmFXh4c7YRM/edit

The results? Phoenix scored 11th place with 166 votes as most wanted, at 3.2% of the vote. Though I believe this is just a chart tabulating the results of the raw data, and I believe there was some botting, so...maybe he can score even higher on the ranking!

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I have a hard time taking social media polls all that seriously (I seriously doubt Shantae or a Touhou character would even be in the top 20 most wanted in something more official), but hey, I'm at least glad to see 2 out of the 3 Capcom characters I'd like to see had some decent supporting. I'm also...pretty surprised at not seeing some names here (like Heihachi and a RE character), while Heavy and Agumon are pretty high considering I don't see them mentioned much in wishlists and speculations whenever I stumble across them.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Might not be the best place to ask this, but are any more of the Ace Attorney game available on the Switch? Just about to finish up the trilogy and really want to play more

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Might not be the best place to ask this, but are any more of the Ace Attorney game available on the Switch? Just about to finish up the trilogy and really want to play more
As of yet, no. But the rest of the games, with the exception of AAII that requires... other means, are available on mobile devices and 3DS.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The almighty iKiwed has posted another high quality Ace Attorney joke video.

The Ace Attorney Investigations 2 music makes me wish Capcom would localize it already so I can throw my wallet at them. But yeah, protect Gummy.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ace Attorney turned 18 yesterday. Surprised no one has mentioned that it can now drink grape juice!

Northadox

Smash Apprentice
This thread is too dead for my tastes. Perhaps we've worn the discussion thin. Not on my watch, though!

Uh...what if, on the Courtroom stage, the music changes its version when there's a minute or a stock left? You got a cross-examination Moderato playing, and then, in the last part of the battle, it shifts to Allegro...or something. Same thing with Pursuit variations. Could be pretty hype.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This thread is too dead for my tastes. Perhaps we've worn the discussion thin. Not on my watch, though!

Uh...what if, on the Courtroom stage, the music changes its version when there's a minute or a stock left? You got a cross-examination Moderato playing, and then, in the last part of the battle, it shifts to Allegro...or something. Same thing with Pursuit variations. Could be pretty hype.
Never heard that one before. Seems like something Sakurai would do with the cross-examination themes. That's what happened in Subcon and OG Mushroom Kingdom right?

Northadox

Smash Apprentice
Never heard that one before. Seems like something Sakurai would do with the cross-examination themes. That's what happened in Subcon and OG Mushroom Kingdom right?
Several stages share this feature, those being the ones you mentioned and Suzaku Castle I believe. Considering Ace Attorney's dynamic music, it'd be a perfect fit.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ha, reminds me when I modded music on Suzako Castle to play "4 Minutes Before Death" and its variation when there was one stock left, fun times! Speaking of Ghost Trick... there's already so much potential for Ace Attorney content so there might not be room for it or maybe it just isn't the right place for it, but remembering how Phoenix had a Sissel alt in UMvC3, I dunno...maybe Ace Attorney could bring one little bonus spirit from Ghost Trick? Hm, but no one on the roster has cool shades to represent Sissel's... Falcon has his cool mask... hmm... Incineroar wouldn't work either... Hmm...Joker's got a mask and he's stylish too, but I don't know... well, being a spirit would be cool, cause ghosts and all, but maybe a mii costume would work better after all! Ohh but Ghost Trick isn't very popular though, despite all the praise hmmghblmmghm....

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Judging by the spirits we have so far, we can't get DLC characters besides the one in each fighter pack to represent someone in a spirit battle. For example, we never saw Piranha Plant in any of Joker's spirits, nor Joker in The Hero's spirits, nor The Hero in BK's spirits, etc. This seems to apply to DLC Mii costumes as well, so no Mii wearing the Slime hat to represent the Slime in its spirit fight.

It's understandable since I suppose the Smash team doesn't want anyone who didn't buy every single fighter pack to feel left out, seeing a character or costume they don't own as part of a spirit battle. But this means Joker can't stand in for Godot despite wearing a mask and loving coffee.

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Speaking of spirits, I had a weird dream last night.
There was a Smash direct and for some reason they were showcasing spirits, and one of the spirits I saw was this:
buffphoenix.png
I thought, wait... was this in the base game?
And then I proceeded to wake up, with a lot more questions than answers.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There was a Smash direct and for some reason they were showcasing spirits, and one of the spirits I saw was this:
looks to me like a classic case of too much internet

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Oh hey, I've got a topic of discussion, though this one's more for my fellow non-British Europeans:

Remember how earlier AA games (up to AA4, I think?) had localizations, complete with dubbed voice clips and everything? Well, would you like it if Phoenix were to have a dub for languages other than Japanese in English? Personally, I'd certainly be interested in it, though I doubt that I'd switch my game to German just to hear it.

*Slams table*
*Table breaks*

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
"The defense will soon rest... his fists upon your face!"
- Phoenix-Hulk, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 2019

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix Wright after update 12.1.0

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh hey, I've got a topic of discussion, though this one's more for my fellow non-British Europeans:

Remember how earlier AA games (up to AA4, I think?) had localizations, complete with dubbed voice clips and everything? Well, would you like it if Phoenix were to have a dub for languages other than Japanese in English? Personally, I'd certainly be interested in it, though I doubt that I'd switch my game to German just to hear it.
hey just cause people are british doesnt mean were not interested in seeing games dubbed in more languages, i imagine there are scots whod like to see clips in gaelic and welsh whod like to see games in welsh

Calamitas

Smash Champion
hey just cause people are british doesnt mean were not interested in seeing games dubbed in more languages, i imagine there are scots whod like to see clips in gaelic and welsh whod like to see games in welsh
Yeah, but the Ace Attorney games never received dubs for these languages in the first place. With other languages, such as German, French, Italian and Spanish, there used to be dubs, until they stopped even translating the games' text into any language other than English.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but the Ace Attorney games never received dubs for these languages in the first place. With other languages, such as German, French, Italian and Spanish, there used to be dubs, until they stopped even translating the games' text into any language other than English.

doesnt mean were not in favour of it

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Personally I would have Ryu be Phoenix's echo. Maybe the interest he'd generate would convince Capcom to localize the dang duology.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Now i realized something. With all of that Speculation going con in the last month, how people would react if Phoenix gets in Smash?
I'm worried about it because of all the salt he could get...
Things are getting intense with character picks like Ryu Hayabusa or Crash, so what if it could get worse ?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Now i realized something. With all of that Speculation going con in the last month, how people would react if Phoenix gets in Smash?
Things are getting intense with character picks like Ryu Hayabusa or Crash, so what if it could get worse ?
Judging by what went on at the Newcomer Thread when speculation briefly turned to Phoenix, he'd be received very positively.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Good question. I think expectations of Ryu and Crash died down a little after the Sabi info that dropped today. Reimu was the 3rd that picked up a bit of steam but the leaker in question had his credibility really hurt today and she's not the type of character Smash fans are really going to go to bat for unlike Geno. My point being here is that I can't see him being rejected in the favor of someone else because everyone else rumored for the 5th spot just took some blows

If I had to guess we might get some disappointed people just like always but overall I haven't seen anyone come out as anti Phoenix. Obviously since I'm here I'd be overjoyed. Would feel so nice to get him into Smash. Wrapped up the trilogy a week or 2 ago and I still really want more.

And if it makes you feel any better, if Phoenix gets in then he's in. Reaction doesn't really matter at that point because there is no chance he'd get scrapped after a reveal. Seeing one of your most wanted characters get hated on sucks(A few of my higher wants come from Sony, and that reaction would be wild both ways) but I can't see too many going down worse than Corrin or Piranha Plant did, and Phoenix for sure wouldn't get that type of hate. Worst case scenario though is that he's in and nobody whining online can take that away. All you'll have to do is relax, watch his reveal trailer a few times, and look for speculation about when his reveal date will be or what would come with him for spirits, stage, and music

Top Bottom