• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
(For some reason I stopped getting notified on this thread. I'ma just mark myself here to make sure the pings keep coming.)
Oddly enough, this has only been happening to me with this thread. The most active thread I follow, even. Don't know what that's about.

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Phoenix alts (sorry if this has been discussed to death already in here), what alternate costumes do you guys think they'd give him, and which would you want the most, if any? The three obvious choices would be Hobo Phoenix, "Feenie" (Like in UMvC), or his Dual Destinies/Spirit of Justice attire. His 3DS era attire would probably be the easiest for them, though it might have the issue of looking too similar to his default. I'd like to see it nonetheless because I think the 3DS games could use more love. If Maya assisted Phoenix as part of his moveset though, it would be fun if she was replaced by Trucy if you were using a Hobo Phoenix costume.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Classic design, Modern Design, Hobo Phoenix, Feenie, Furio Tigre, Ryuunosuke.
Is there any other I missed?
Honestly, Phoenix has a lot of cool potential alts.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
This isn’t directly related to Smash, but as I’m replaying the trilogy again, I never realized that Phoenix gets mostly new investigation lines when examining old items in Case 1-3 after Mia takes over; for example, Mia points out that the vending machine in the employee’s area sells spaghetti in a soda can. It’s the little things like that that make me love this series.

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Looks like Terry will release either tomorrow or next Tuesday/Wednesday. I wonder when the last DLC-character will be revealed. Sure, at the game awards show would be the most probable opportunity, but who knows, maybe we'll get some tease alongside the Terry release, especially if there is a presentation with Sakurai.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
what are you basing that on?
The Spirit event starting the 1st as well as a Nintendo Versus tournament both have the SNK copyright where they didn't before and Terry has been changed from "November 2019" to "Coming Soon". There's a strong possibility that he's releasing either Friday or next week some time.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Yeah, theres quite a few pieces of evidence out there that point out Terry releasing very, very soon.
That being said, Im one of those people who believes there'll be a live video presentation, and it'd be weird to have one on Friday or just shadowdrop him.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The Spirit event starting the 1st as well as a Nintendo Versus tournament both have the SNK copyright where they didn't before and Terry has been changed from "November 2019" to "Coming Soon". There's a strong possibility that he's releasing either Friday or next week some time.
fair enough

though it is best to remember everyone when we get terry we arent necessarily gonna find out out who number 5 is, we got about of 4 month window

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Y'know while I don't trust any of those so-called leaks about Phoenix being FP#5 I would be lying if I said I'm not optimistic seeing how much attention he's gotten recently.
We don't know if well get a reveal or Smash Direct this month but I do have a little favor to ask:
If you guys see any Phoenix Wright haters, salty comments about him getting in or anything like that, take a screenshot and save them, in case Nick gets in I will absolutely need them.
Anyway that is all I wanted to say, I hope we get some news in the coming days.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
As crazy as the rumor is, I've been clinging to it in desperate hope. Not the Sephiroth part, as pleased as I would be, but the original part. The dates are finally lining up...

Of course that doesn't mean a thing, but I can dream. There are plenty of people it could be if we even get a reveal, but if nothing else I'm glad this is getting Phoenix's name on people's lips.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
As long as we're all hyping responsibly, no harm, no foul, I say.

I'm not treating that cry of "OBJECTION" by the end of Terry's presentation as a lock by any means... but boy, if it happens...

I'd make a joke about the time a lawyer can cry, but it's been done like 5258 times by now, so uh... just fill the end of this paragraph with your imagination.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I feel so out of the loop, Terry's presentation dropped? There's been a rumor surrounding Phoenix?
It hasn't dropped yet. Around the 10th there was a 4chan rumor that also took hold in Sabi's server (not by Sabi herself) that Terry's presentation would be coming the November 5th with a reveal of Phoenix Wright afterwards. I've been clinging to hope with that post. Now spirit events and tournaments are starting to show the SNK copyright, meaning Terry is indeed coming soon, and there's server maintenance scheduled on the 6th much like when Joker was released.

It could be nothing but a ton of coincidences, but...

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I feel so out of the loop, Terry's presentation dropped? There's been a rumor surrounding Phoenix?
There was one anonymous rumor, though it should be taken with a fistful of salt. Some of us are hopeful because Terry is probably happening next week, which is when the poster said the presentation would drop.

EDIT: Greninja'd by Flyboy Flyboy .

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Oh awesome, I won't take it as granted or anything, but if Phoenix is the last fighters pass character that also makes another Capcom character post that likelier than if they were planned after those original 5.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Don't mean to barge in here, but I've been hearing people in the general thread talk about a "leak" that mentions Terry dropping on the 6th alongside a reveal trailer for Phoenix. Anyone have a link to that?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Don't mean to barge in here, but I've been hearing people in the general thread talk about a "leak" that mentions Terry dropping on the 6th alongside a reveal trailer for Phoenix. Anyone have a link to that?
This isn't the original post. The original one was posted on the tenth and I don't have a cap yet, just the old link. I'll work on getting a pic and posting it in the speculation thread. This one piggybacks off the old leak by reiterating the information and adds new info. 99% sure it's not real but the original was more interesting because of how to-the-point it was.

unknown-10 (1).png

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
It hasn't dropped yet. Around the 10th there was a 4chan rumor that also took hold in Sabi's server (not by Sabi herself) that Terry's presentation would be coming the November 5th with a reveal of Phoenix Wright afterwards. I've been clinging to hope with that post. Now spirit events and tournaments are starting to show the SNK copyright, meaning Terry is indeed coming soon, and there's server maintenance scheduled on the 6th much like when Joker was released.

I hope this is true because that sounds awesome

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
So now there are leaks of Wright potentially being a DLC fighter? While I would be happy if that ends up being true and would get people talking about him I feel like most of the time when a character is 'leaked' the actual character ends up being someone else and everyone ends up disappointed because people get fooled by leaks too easily.

I still think characters like Phoenix Wright and KOS-MOS could be DLC characters for Smash Ultimate (whether it's FP5 or a later DLC fighter) but I don't need a leak or rumor to tell me that since I think their own merits is enough to make me think they are likely.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Found the original post.

Screenshot_20191101-121946.png

The thing is, while Phoenix is my favorite, all the other potential Capcom or Namco or even other picks all seem awesome too. We have a lot of potential, and this one is easy to believe because it has a date, so if the date passes and nothing then it's just back to guessing. I'm cool with that. It's just funny how it seems the date may be correct.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Two coincidences at the same time seems more like a pattern to me.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Two coincidences at the same time seems more like a pattern to me.
At the same time, this could very well be the same poster pretending to be someone else. While I wouldn’t put too much faith in these sort of text leaks, as I’m sure there are others outlining this same date as Terry’s release with a different character, I’m still hopeful.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I am not taking it seriously, but who wouldn't hold on to a little bit of hope for it to be right?

If the dates end up being real for Terry, just remember this does not mean Phoenix is coming.

D

Deleted member

I am not taking it seriously, but who wouldn't hold on to a little bit of hope for it to be right?

If the dates end up being real for Terry, just remember this does not mean Phoenix is coming.
It could be a wedge or a lucky guess. Best be prepared.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Anybody like Apollo Justice? I think he would be a cool alt

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Apollo using magatamas is a big no-no for me. I'd rather he make a cameo.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Picture this:
-Nintendo announces a live presentation, it will take place the 5th of this month.
-Terry confirmed to be released the day after.
-The video so far has been just about Terry, Mii costume and some online improvements.
-Sakurai dismisses the direct while thanking us for tuning in.
-The screen sowly fades to black and then...
-The video ends there, not PF5 news and no Phoenix Wright either.
How would you react?
I would genuinely laugh while crying on the inside for sure.

D

Deleted member

Picture this:
-Nintendo announces a live presentation, it will take place the 5th of this month.
-The video so far has been just about Terry, Mii costume and some online improvements.
How would you react?
You...got me there.

Honestly, I'd feel okay, but it'll still leave me hanging in the dark.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
How would you react?
that's what I expect tbh, I expect them to save the last fighter for some other event (maybe the game awards again, maybe another Direct before the end of the year) and not just Terrys release presentation.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
that's what I expect tbh, I expect them to save the last fighter for some other event (maybe the game awards again, maybe another Direct before the end of the year) and not just Terrys release presentation.
Same here, while I would love this leak to be real, at the end of the day it’s an anonymous 4chan post with little to back it up. If it had mentioned anyone other than Phoenix, we wouldn’t have given it a second look.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Picture this:
How would you react?
This is what I expect. As much as I want the best outcome, I know that it's in no way a guarantee and I'm just having fun hoping. At the very least I'd be happy that Terry would be out and as a huge KOF fan I'd have a ton of fun playing as him while I wait for FP5 news.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Picture this:
How would you react?
That's what I expect, but if we ever got a loud "OBJECTION" or "HOLD IT" or whatnot at the end of a Smash video or direct I'd completely lose my mind

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Picture this:
How would you react?
If we get a slow and deliberate fadeout I will assume something's up. That's something that can't be helped.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I actually was hoping for it during the last direct when they said "that can't be all of it, could it?" which was followed by a brief moment of silence.

Top Bottom