• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Okay, seriously, does anyone have a good gif of Manfred Von Karma slamming his head on the wall? I could use it right now, because I'm done trying to deal with these fan rules. Why bother do anything in this Orwellian environment.
For the satisfaction of the "I told you so"s that will come.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So everyone's sharing their ideas
I made this a while ago

Miles would be an echo in my ideal world, thoe.
I'd rather the alts be colors inspired by characters, like they did in MvC. Green for Godot, Dark Red for Miles, etc. In an ideal world, Maya would appear in his moveset and change colors too (black for Mia, yellow for Athena, etc).

It's not that I dislike all of these alts, it just sounds like too much work honestly.

Let me say this, though: Dracula representing Von Karma as the Classic route boss is GOLD. I have a feeling they'd just go for Hands though, sadly...

The way I see it is:
Joker was accused of stealing someones's invitation, and he's going to trail for that false acussation.
His attorney is Phoenix, and the way to prove Joker's innocence is by showing Nick's own intitation, proving Joker in fact did not steal anybody's invitation.
I can see Nick using it as evidence, then the Judge asks him to read it and that's when they find out it's adressed to Phoenix, to everyone's surprise (including Nick himself).

Lyncario

Smash Ace
The way I see it is:
Joker was accused of stealing someones's invitation, and he's going to trail for that false acussation.
His attorney is Phoenix, and the way to prove Joker's innocence is by showing Nick's own intitation, proving Joker in fact did not steal anybody's invitation.
Prossecutor: Very well, it seems that Joker didn't steal his Smash invitation. In this case, I declare him not guilty-
Edgeworth: OBJECTION! We still need to find who the fifth fighter is.
Prossecutor: That is right! Well, Mr Wright, it seems that we need to continue the trial-
Phoenix: HOLD IT! There is no need to continue the trial, as I already know who the fifth fighter is.
Edgeworth: What?
Maya: You already do?
Prossecutor: Is that so? Very well then, Mr Wright, who is the fifth fighter?
Phoenix: You see, your honor, the fifth fighter...

Is none other than me!

Phoenix Wright objects his defeat!

At least that's how I see it. Joker giving Phoenix his invitation would also be cool.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Let me say this, though: Dracula representing Von Karma as the Classic route boss is GOLD. I have a feeling they'd just go for Hands though, sadly...
hey now, Hero and Terry got no hands in their route (well, they technically do, but not of the master or crazy kind).

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
And yet there's still nothing going against it so far, that's the interesting part. Mr. H doesn't have a proven record, but nothing went explicitly against it, especially since we found out that the game's support continues after the FP.

Besides, some leakers knew about the pass getting a Dragon Quest (or at least Square-Enix) character for a full year, but weren't 100% sure if it was going to be Erdrick at all. Any info can leak, even by an unfortunate employee's mistake.

If no upgrades is the case then they'd have to do nothing but indie characters for a while, otherwise asking for more third parties will just get too expensive at this rate.

But really though, the previous game's DLC cycle not being much of a precedent to go on from is one thing, yet that only clearly lasted one season. And yet we're expected to have no upgrades, no first-parties and no women? Something that was said by no one at Nintendo?

This entire argument is beyond tiresome and silly to me at this point.
Dude... please don't. That ""leak"" should have died a long time ago. I get that people want a female character in the Pass, I do, I really do. But this ain't it.

Should have been enough indication that the dude gave an insanely vague description that could apply to over 10 characters and backpedaled after Terry was revealed.

If no upgrades is the case then they'd have to do nothing but indie characters for a while, otherwise asking for more third parties will just get too expensive at this rate.

But really though, the previous game's DLC cycle not being much of a precedent to go on from is one thing, yet that only clearly lasted one season. And yet we're expected to have no upgrades, no first-parties and no women? Something that was said by no one at Nintendo?

Actually, they could still pull from other companies present in the game as well as new ones, not just indies. Depends on how many characters we're getting post-Pass and how much of their budget they're willing to spend.

I do think at least one base game Spirit could be promoted, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot of them. These characters, to me, seem more like "Banjo" type picks, to cater to the Smash fanbase, which is cool, but so far there has been a balance between these and "new crowd" picks.

ATs and costumes could be... a bit harder. We don't know whether or not every one of these is a Spring Man/Rex situation, where they should have been playable, but didn't make the cut or a Waluigi/Isaac situation, where they have the popularity to back them up. I guess it depends on who it is. As for DLC Spirits and costumes... while there's no way to prove that, chances are these wouldn't make the jump to playable anyway (RIP RE).

And I agree with Thunder on one thing - I don't see how no upgrades and no first parties mean no female characters when there are several options out there.

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
I want one track to be included in Smash Bros.:

(This one is an exclusive, official remix from the Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice 3D Soundtrack CD from 2 years ago.)
Someone needs to mod SoJ and put this remix in "that" scene.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I do think at least one base game Spirit could be promoted, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot of them. These characters, to me, seem more like "Banjo" type picks, to cater to the Smash fanbase, which is cool, but so far there has been a balance between these and "new crowd" picks.

ATs and costumes could be... a bit harder. We don't know whether or not every one of these is a Spring Man/Rex situation, where they should have been playable, but didn't make the cut or a Waluigi/Isaac situation, where they have the popularity to back them up. I guess it depends on who it is. As for DLC Spirits and costumes... while there's no way to prove that, chances are these wouldn't make the jump to playable anyway (RIP RE).

And I agree with Thunder on one thing - I don't see how no upgrades and no first parties mean no female characters when there are several options out there.
Well, obviously, you don't see me champion for the Reset Bomb, Yakuman player, every Mario enemy ever, the girl from Hajimaji no Mori, the chef from Personal Trainer: Cooking, or any other odd and end like that. An amount of characters getting promoted within the realm of reason is to be expected, but absolutely none at all is silly when spirits take even less effort to make and, as was shown before, many characters didn't show up for no reason whatsoever other than "unusable artwork" (the Broodals being the biggest omissions). It's unhealthy to remove all the fat from the body, after all.

For DLC stuff, we can only infer that the intent for them is a little more obvious than the boatload we get from the onset just in case nothing can be afforded for specific characters. On the bright side, we're running out of obvious options for Mario characters, so that's a start.

I want to tell Lesley that, but I'd rather not take the risk at all...

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
hey now, Hero and Terry got no hands in their route (well, they technically do, but not of the master or crazy kind).
It's just that sadly, several bosses are underused in favor of Hands, even when it doesn't make any sense (Sonic fights Hands instead of Galleom, Roy fights Hands instead of Ganon, Peach fights Hands instead of Bowser, etc). I'm hoping this isn't the case for Phoenix, but...

Well, obviously, you don't see me champion for the Reset Bomb, Yakuman player, every Mario enemy ever, the girl from Hajimaji no Mori, the chef from Personal Trainer: Cooking, or any other odd and end like that. An amount of characters getting promoted within the realm of reason is to be expected, but absolutely none at all is silly when spirits take even less effort to make and, as was shown before, many characters didn't show up for no reason whatsoever other than "unusable artwork" (the Broodals being the biggest omissions).

For DLC stuff, we can only infer that the intent for them is a little more obvious than the boatload we get from the onset just in case nothing can be afforded for specific characters. On the bright side, we're running out of obvious options for Mario characters, so that's a start.

I want to tell Lesley that, but I'd rather not take the risk at all...
I mean... could happen? Yes. Could not happen? Also yes. I'm keeping the options open at this point - that's why I'm more curious for season 2 than CP5.

I do have a few upgrades I'd like to see, but I'm not going to take that option for granted. I'd rather wait to see what Sakurai has in mind, because we know jack right now. Heck, for all we do know, the remainder of the DLC could be all first party, no first party, only Waluigi as first party and everything in between. I think we keep jumping the gun for no reason with these discussions.

Though I do know that if Spirits get greenlit... I'm certainly renewing my Geno, Dixie and Octoling support, to name a few.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean... could happen? Yes. Could not happen? Also yes. I'm keeping the options open at this point - that's why I'm more curious for season 2 than CP5.

I do have a few upgrades I'd like to see, but I'm not going to take that option for granted. I'd rather wait to see what Sakurai has in mind, because we know jack right now. Heck, for all we do know, the remainder of the DLC could be all first party, no first party, only Waluigi as first party and everything in between. I think we keep jumping the gun for no reason with these discussions.

Though I do know that if Spirits get greenlit... I'm certainly renewing my Geno, Dixie and Octoling support, to name a few.
Yeah, let's just wait. Unfortunately most people insist on enforcing what will happen anyway just to stubbornly prove they are right when anything could actually disprove them any time. Patience might as well be treated as a sin for how little it's used around here, in this martyr syndrome fanbase.

I just hope they'll announce rough plans for the next season during the VGAs.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I don't see how the opinion of some random dude on the subject matters much on what will happen anyhow, whatever you think will happen next, to each their own. It's not like Sakurai hasn't made picks I'd have given the no to before (:4cloud::4ryu:). For now, tell me who fighter 5 is pls.
And I agree with Thunder on one thing

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yeah, let's just wait. Unfortunately most people insist on enforcing what will happen anyway just to stubbornly prove they are right when anything could actually disprove them any time. Patience might as well be treated as a sin for how little it's used around here, in this martyr syndrome fanbase.

I just hope they'll announce rough plans for the next season during the VGAs.
Hmm, I think CP5's Direct (January or February) could be a great time to announce that.

I don't see how the opinion of some random dude on the subject matters much on what will happen anyhow, whatever you think will happen next, to each their own. It's not like Sakurai hasn't made picks I'd have given the no to before (:4cloud::4ryu:). For now, tell me who fighter 5 is pls.
Hey, same. Former member of the "Bayo is too M-rated to be translated to Smash faithfully" club here.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It'll likely depend a lot on how far in development fighter 5 is. So far, none of the character demonstrations themselves involved a new character reveal following, so I wouldn't be surprised if they save those especifically for events like directs or VGA. We'll probably get some spicy mii costumes to crush hopes for other fighters however :090:

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
This would be awesome...

But wait, Joker stole his own invitation, and Phoenix is a defense attorney, so this means that Phoenix would defend Joker!
The way I see it is:
The idea sounds great but Joker didn't stole the invitation, according to his trailer reveal. Morgana says that they were invited
Of course they can forget intentionally that part to make this idea work for a hypothetical Phoenix trailer.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I do think it's interesting mii costumes with no real correlation to the currently released fighter seem to appear randomly ever since Banjos release. They're quite the wild card for a theoretic disconfirmation. I'd also probably pile up someone like Amaterasu with Joe given the size and current situation of the franchise, but I've got no idea what non fighter role they'd fit her in as a costume given there's no AT added post base game (could you imagine the outcry if this happened?) and I doubt we'll get either a Okami spirit events nor a Capcom potpourri one, maybe a hat based on her sun disk or face?
The idea sounds great but Joker didn't stole the invitation, according to his trailer reveal. Morgana says that they were invited
I always wondered where the whole "Joker stole someones else invitation" thing started. I thought it was a joke at first but I see it as a pretty consistent point brought up whenever people mention fighter 5 nowadays.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I always wondered where the whole "Joker stole someones else invitation" thing started. I thought it was a joke at first but I see it as a pretty consistent point brought up whenever people mention fighter 5 nowadays.
I guess it's because he's a thief and that most people won't remember all the details about this trailer reveal
I mean, if he actually steal the invitation that would be cool, but according to his trailers that wasn't the case.

That doesn't mean that making a trial video involving Phoenix and Joker isn't impossible. Joker could be judged for infiltrating the Game Awards last year and Phoenix would be defending him.

StormC

Smash Hero

You're getting upset about fan rules yet you're claiming third parties are too expensive? How do you know what Nintendo's budget is?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd love to see some assist trophy dlc, if only because I don't have any real hope for Chibi Robo to become playable so getting an assist trophy is the next best thing.

Though I guess it's easy to wish for dlc assist trophies when your most wanted is already an assist trophy. What are they gonna do? Announce Isaac as a super assist trophy? :p

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'd love to see some assist trophy dlc, if only because I don't have any real hope for Chibi Robo to become playable so getting an assist trophy is the next best thing.

Though I guess it's easy to wish for dlc assist trophies when your most wanted is already an assist trophy. What are they gonna do? Announce Isaac as a super assist trophy? :p
we've decided to announce this new source of possible disconfirmations as an extension to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the moderate price of 4.99, we're hoping you enjoy even more powerful versions of Isaac, Ashley and Waluigi as we get more characters to fill their role as normal AT!
But I agree on not minding AT being added, I wouldn't pay for them, but I can still appreciate the callbacks to the characters they're recreating even if they aren't playable. Like, it's the best way I can see the likes of Amaterasu, Jack Frost and non-protagonist FE characters to be featured in the game that doesn't look like some cheap bootleg or simply reuses a piece of artwork from their game. Same idea goes for bosses or mooks if those existed in Ultimate.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
What would Nick's victory music be?
Could be a remix of Objection 2001, Cornered 2001, would be neat, by my vote goes to a lil remix of Turnabout Sisters, I'd stretch out the 10th and 12th notes and end with an added 13th that would end it like a real win! Kinda hard to communicate what I mean, but hey, maybe some of yall will imagine something similar!

Oh, and for putting Joker on trial, I love it, it's adorable, but it would give away what's going on really quick, instantly we'd know Nick is in Smash. You could save Joker till right before the reveal like "Who's on trial anyway?" pan over, there he is, realization sound effect, hmm, dunno, fun to think about though!

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
Of course they can forget intentionally that part to make this idea work for a hypothetical Phoenix trailer.
https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1070917067799326720

I believe I remember Sakurai reiterating the stealing at some point but not entirely sure on that.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I would make the whole Phoenix thing have Shadow as the prosecutor.. And joker stole his invite.

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
Ok so hear me out

Also, the victory music should be the trial victory theme of course.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You're getting upset about fan rules yet you're claiming third parties are too expensive? How do you know what Nintendo's budget is?
Even if the game prints money, some companies and/or creators are harder to deal with than others. Otherwise, we would have gotten orchestral remixes for Dragon Quest songs in the game.

Heck, Sakurai's post-base game presentations are done specifically as cheaply as possible, since the reveal trailers for this time already tend to take up time and budget getting made period, so it's clear that they're trying not to spend too much in other areas.

we've decided to announce this new source of possible disconfirmations as an extension to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the moderate price of 4.99, we're hoping you enjoy even more powerful versions of Isaac, Ashley and Waluigi as we get more characters to fill their role as normal AT!
But I agree on not minding AT being added, I wouldn't pay for them, but I can still appreciate the callbacks to the characters they're recreating even if they aren't playable. Like, it's the best way I can see the likes of Amaterasu, Jack Frost and non-protagonist FE characters to be featured in the game that doesn't look like some cheap bootleg or simply reuses a piece of artwork from their game. Same idea goes for bosses or mooks if those existed in Ultimate.
I'd be lucky to even see Jack Frost as a spirit at all, seeing as we have no idea if Atlus will even have any SMT content in here, never mind by the time SMTV gets released.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1070917067799326720

I believe I remember Sakurai reiterating the stealing at some point but not entirely sure on that.
For what it's worth, Terry's trailer acknowledged that the invite letters can change recipients.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
This is something I made for fun:

Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney Duology.png

I just wonder how an HD remaster would look like of the investigation games. If only it was real, I'd definitely buy it on Switch day one (or ASAP).

Also, after playing the trilogy and Apollo Justice, and reading the cases again of Dual Destinies, I'm finally ready to start playing Spirits of Justice for the first time ever. I'm pretty excited. Wish me luck.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright's trailer will have him defend Joker and prove that he only stole his own invitation and no one else's.

And he does so by taking a page from a certain athletic red plumber's book...

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
Also, after playing the trilogy and Apollo Justice, and reading the cases again of Dual Destinies, I'm finally ready to start playing Spirits of Justice for the first time ever. I'm pretty excited. Wish me luck.
I know it gets hated on sometimes, but it is one of my favorites. Have fun!

Top Bottom