• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Am I selfish for wanting Morrigan far, far away, as much as possible from Smash?

I just can't deal with Soul Fist spam in another game.... I can't :c

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Also, something just hit me earlier in regards to Milk-Bosatsu/Mr H's mystery character. What if Mr. H thought Maya was the female fighting character they saw?

• Maya wears Japanese clothing
  • Flying projectiles are involved in the MvC3 moveset, if I'm not mistaken
  • Maya looks like a character from a fighting game
This leak about a female fighting game character is news to me. Could you please explain?

Also, of course Maya's a fighting game character. You really think she needs Nick to put up a fight?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
not to rub on the wounds of those who wanted either Arle or Sakura, but I'm glad this wasn't among the SEGA rep list
not like I expect him to happen now or ever

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This leak about a female fighting game character is news to me. Could you please explain?

Also, of course Maya's a fighting game character. You really think she needs Nick to put up a fight?
Basically, Milk-Bosatsu was informed by a contact he refers to as Mr. H, who apparently saw an early model for an upcoming character, one that he described as female, wearing Japanese clothing, looking like a fighting game character and using a flying projectile. For a while it was also thought it'd be someone that's already in the base game, but that was misquoted.

Shantae fans thought that bedlah pants could be mistaken as Japanese clothing on an unfinished model, but it's possible that they weren't on the right track even with Nakoruru and Sakura taken out.

To this day, that particular leak has yet to be proven wrong under any capacity.

not to rub on the wounds of those who wanted either Arle or Sakura, but I'm glad this wasn't among the SEGA rep list
not like I expect him to happen now or ever
The guy behind Yakuza himself thinks Sakurai wouldn't be interested in him. To me, that sounds like just asking to be proven wrong (despite Yakuza being seen as unfit for a general family-friendly console).

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
. . .Oh wait, I just thought of the perfect analogy to make on the Vergeben situation for this thread.

It looks like Vergeben. . . just updated the autopsy report.

This particularly feels a lot like Turnabour Samurai when Edgeworth bails Nick out on the 3rd day.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If SEGA is getting another rep, I want Tails before anyone else. It's a crime we don't have a second Sonic rep yet.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If SEGA is getting another rep, I want Tails before anyone else. It's a crime we don't have a second Sonic rep yet.
I figure that the staff just isn't ready to add second uniques yet and focus on one third-party series protag at a time first (boy, that'll take a while).

Although for what it's worth, while his Mii costume came back, he still hasn't been ATed. So who knows, really. :drshrug:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I wouldn't count on any 3rd parties already in the game to get any extra reps that aren't echoes, and since we've yet to see those as DLC....
Not that I care too much about another Sonic rep if the blue blurs incarnation is anything to go by, Sakurai played 06 to add him but not Battle?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Basically, Milk-Bosatsu was informed by a contact he refers to as Mr. H, who apparently saw an early model for an upcoming character, one that he described as female, wearing Japanese clothing, looking like a fighting game character and using a flying projectile. For a while it was also thought it'd be someone that's already in the base game, but that was misquoted.
Maya fits the first two parts of that leak well enough. The parts about her looking like a fighting game character and a flying projectile are a little iffy to me, but I could see someone thinking she's a character from a game like Arcana Heart or Under Night In-Birth, as well as Wright having a move where he summons Maya to throw stuff.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't count on any 3rd parties already in the game to get any extra reps that aren't echoes, and since we've yet to see those as DLC....
Not that I care too much about another Sonic rep if the blue blurs incarnation is anything to go by, Sakurai played 06 to add him but not Battle?
Not saying it sounds like a fan rule...but it sounds like a fan rule. We'll have to wait and see the absolute end of this DLC cycle before assuming it's the case, whenever that happens.

Besides, 4 had people think there would only be one character per each third-party, and then...:ultryu:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Maya fits the first two parts of that leak well enough. The parts about her looking like a fighting game character and a flying projectile are a little iffy to me, but I could see someone thinking she's a character from a game like Arcana Heart or Under Night In-Birth, as well as Wright having a move where he summons Maya to throw stuff.
How would people react if Maya was the fighter and Wright pulled a Pokemon trainer where he was in the background cheering Maya on?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Not saying it sounds like a fan rule...but it sounds like a fan rule. We'll have to wait and see the absolute end of this DLC cycle before assuming it's the case, whenever that happens.

Besides, 4 had people think there would only be one character per each third-party, and then...:ultryu:
sounds like every reasoning in the Smash community honestly, something is a no until we're proven otherwise by X character, or we go free for all forever (which is imo really boring and makes speculation kind of a big waste of time, well, bigger than it already is).
How would people react if Maya was the fighter and Wright pulled a Pokemon trainer where he was in the background cheering Maya on?
"they did what?"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
sounds like every reasoning in the Smash community honestly, something is a no until we're proven otherwise by X character, or we go free for all forever (which is imo really boring and makes speculation kind of a big waste of time, well, bigger than it already is).
Exactly, I mean I was treated like pic-related whenever I brought up the possibility of us getting anything else after the Fighter Pass, and they dismissed the datamined slots as meaning anything when previous Smash games had scrapped content.

Hercassie2.jpg

There is a reason why I mostly just hang around in third-party threads at the moment, too many believe the spirits fan rule. The Box Theory isn't the only time people's minds have been boxed in.

I would much rather be open to any possibility than expecting the worst.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm sure they'd react positively, as long as Maya is channeling her inner Wesker.
this completely trumps that dumb moment in DD with the tengu.
Exactly, I mean I was treated like pic-related whenever I brought up the possibility of us getting anything else after the Fighter Pass, and dismissed the datamined slots as meaning anything when previous Smash games had scrapped content.

There is a reason why I mostly just hang around in third-party threads at the moment, too many believe the spirits fan rule. The Box Theory isn't the only time people's minds have been boxed in.

I would much rather be open to any possibility than expecting the worst.
at the end of the day, it's a complete matter of beliefs. As long as people aren't jerks about it I don't think it matters much. Like, I personally think that so far, spirits are a no go for upgrades (moreso for AT), but it's not like Sakurai and co can't just prove me wrong and I'll look back on that idea simply not holding water anymore. Speculating is fun, but people take it too seriously when it goes against whoever they want.

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

Shantae fans thought that bedlah pants could be mistaken as Japanese clothing on an unfinished model, but it's possible that they weren't on the right track even with Nakoruru and Sakura taken out.

To this day, that particular leak has yet to be proven wrong under any capacity.

The guy behind Yakuza himself thinks Sakurai wouldn't be interested in him. To me, that sounds like just asking to be proven wrong (despite Yakuza being seen as unfit for a general family-friendly console).
This leak is really fishy, based on the wording of the tweet it just seems like his friend literally walked into “Nintendo,” which makes no sense on its own, and saw an unfinished model for a character that wouldn’t be released for a whole year?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
There is a reason why I mostly just hang around in third-party threads at the moment, too many believe the spirits fan rule.
To be fair, there's not really been anything in this fighter's pass to contradict the belief that for this Season Pass, spirits aren't getting upgraded.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
To be fair, there's not really been anything in this fighter's pass to contradict the belief that for thos Season Pass, spirits aren't getting upgraded.
But Post Pass. I feel there will be a spirit upgrade. To me it feels inevitable.
If a full modeled 3D trophy didn't matter for Mewtwo and Lucas. A PNG would matter even less.
But Resident Evil will stay as spirits. Post Launch spirits clearly mean that they don't have intention to made them playable.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
But Post Pass. I feel there will be a spirit upgrade. To me it feels inevitable.
If a full modeled 3D trophy didn't matter for Mewtwo and Lucas. A PNG would matter even less.
But Resident Evil will stay as spirits. Post Launch spirits clearly mean that they don't have intention to made them playable.
it could happen, but the trophy upgrades from 4 where all for veterans too, which are all already present in Ultimate. Call it cherrypicking, but I don't think this is such an argument killer as if we saw something like K. Rool added as DLC during Sm4sh despite his trophy status. I'll remain skeptic on the idea until such an upgrade actually happens.
I'll say I'd be a lot more inclined to believe spirits mean nothing if it weren't for :ultpiranha: being absent at the time of the games release from such a list with how many minor Mario mooks that had already. For 3rd parties in particular, I don't think they'd have gone through the trouble of getting whatever paperwork involved to have their spirits if there was any chance they'd make these characters DLC later down the road, when this was clearly planned during development and not some time after launch.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I mean personally I like Maya even more than Phoenix, so I'd be over the moon.

Maya is easily my favourite Ace Attorney character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's because he sent the list he had to the source, but some companies had characters in brackets.
The source told him the characters mentioned aren't in. Or something similar.

Verge thought it meant everything on the list was disconfirmed. He was told later he misunderstood. That means the only characters that are newly disconfirmed are Reimu, Sakura Shinguji, Arle Nadja, and Tracer.

It's believable enough as it explains the huge and sudden list we got that basically removed everyone imaginable.

Also I know people claim he is backpedaling, but there's no reason for him to do so. It's not like we got a leak from an intern during the day, and he fixed his error within 24 hours.
i cant keep up anymore im just gonna wait for the direct

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
So this theory (timestamp: 21:40)….

It would be such a great fit to end the cycle of the first DLC-Pass and directly continue and wrap up the story of Jokers infiltration last year (including the twist that the original invitation belonged to Phoenix and Joker was the culprit).

Lyncario

Smash Ace
So this theory (timestamp: 21:40)….

It would be such a great fit to end the cycle of the first DLC-Pass and directly continue and wrap up the story of Jokers infiltration last year (including the twist that the original invitation belonged to Phoenix and Joker was the culprit).
This would be awesome...

But wait, Joker stole his own invitation, and Phoenix is a defense attorney, so this means that Phoenix would defend Joker!

Last edited:

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
So everyone's sharing their ideas
I made this a while ago

Miles would be an echo in my ideal world, thoe.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
By alts, do you guys mean colors inspired by these characters, or outright alternate skins? Because I can't say I buy Edgeworth pulling most of Phoenix antics in a fight.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
This would be awesome...

But wait, Joker stole his own invitation, and Phoenix is a defense attorney, so this means that Phoenix would defend Joker!
I think it'd be better if they took in Ron Delite again and they mistook him for Joker, since they both call themselves phantom thieves.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This leak is really fishy, based on the wording of the tweet it just seems like his friend literally walked into “Nintendo,” which makes no sense on its own, and saw an unfinished model for a character that wouldn’t be released for a whole year?
And yet there's still nothing going against it so far, that's the interesting part. Mr. H doesn't have a proven record, but nothing went explicitly against it, especially since we found out that the game's support continues after the FP.

Besides, some leakers knew about the pass getting a Dragon Quest (or at least Square-Enix) character for a full year, but weren't 100% sure if it was going to be Erdrick at all. Any info can leak, even by an unfortunate employee's mistake.

Yeah, that's a given. Which is why I find the lack of Three Houses, Astral Chain and Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit events really strange.

it could happen, but the trophy upgrades from 4 where all for veterans too, which are all already present in Ultimate. Call it cherrypicking, but I don't think this is such an argument killer as if we saw something like K. Rool added as DLC during Sm4sh despite his trophy status. I'll remain skeptic on the idea until such an upgrade actually happens.
I'll say I'd be a lot more inclined to believe spirits mean nothing if it weren't for :ultpiranha: being absent at the time of the games release from such a list with how many minor Mario mooks that had already. For 3rd parties in particular, I don't think they'd have gone through the trouble of getting whatever paperwork involved to have their spirits if there was any chance they'd make these characters DLC later down the road, when this was clearly planned during development and not some time after launch.
If no upgrades is the case then they'd have to do nothing but indie characters for a while, otherwise asking for more third parties will just get too expensive at this rate.

But really though, the previous game's DLC cycle not being much of a precedent to go on from is one thing, yet that only clearly lasted one season. And yet we're expected to have no upgrades, no first-parties and no women? Something that was said by no one at Nintendo?

This entire argument is beyond tiresome and silly to me at this point.

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
I wish that Ace Attorney will have the same music treatment as Castlevania, there's just so many choices!!! The Original Trilogy, The Second Trilogy, The Investigations Duology, The Dai Gyakuten Saiban Duology, even Ghost Trick if some miracle happens!!!

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
This would be awesome...

The way I see it is:
Joker was accused of stealing someones's invitation, and he's going to trail for that false acussation.
His attorney is Phoenix, and the way to prove Joker's innocence is by showing Nick's own intitation, proving Joker in fact did not steal anybody's invitation.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I wish that Ace Attorney will have the same music treatment as Castlevania, there's just so many choices!!! The Original Trilogy, The Second Trilogy, The Investigations Duology, The Dai Gyakuten Saiban Duology, even Ghost Trick if some miracle happens!!!
better yet, the SNK treatment as that got even more songs haha, more applicable given this would be DLC too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Who on Earth would they add??? Hellen Gravely?
King Boo, obviously. Hellen is more spirit (heh) material, if anything.

Yes, he's a spirit at the moment, but I don't buy into the argument of "the poltergust in Luigi's moveset is enough to represent Luigi's Mansion 3". The darn game was heavily advertised to release on Halloween and everything, yet it somehow didn't get a spirit event, so surely it would have been a perfect chance to do so, if only to make sure no one related to Luigi's Mansion would get in.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
What if Phoenix’s Final Smash is like Mega Man and Hero’s, with every different lawyer from the series, prosecutors included, jumping in to join Phoenix behind one unusually long desk, and yelling “OBJECTION!”

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
If no upgrades is the case then they'd have to do nothing but indie characters for a while, otherwise asking for more third parties will just get too expensive at this rate.

But really though, the previous game's DLC cycle not being much of a precedent to go on from is one thing, yet that only clearly lasted one season. And yet we're expected to have no upgrades, no first-parties and no women? Something that was said by no one at Nintendo?

This entire argument is beyond tiresome and silly to me at this point.
I don't see the relationship between no spirit upgrades or no 1st parties and no women. The reality is that no one knows what post pass junk will be like at this point, there's only one quote from Sakurai that could easily be misinterpreted and not much else. Everything after that, matter of perspective, and I'm sorry, but I currently don't buy any spirit upgrades happening, and that'll only change if we see it happening.
Do we even know how much it costs Nintendo to get these guests and if the revenue they get from DLC makes up for the loss?
What if Phoenix’s Final Smash is like Mega Man and Hero’s, with every different lawyer from the series, prosecutors included, jumping in to join Phoenix behind one unusually long desk, and yelling “OBJECTION!”
I could see Mia, Maya, Apollo and Athena joining in, prosecutors I'd say no.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This is what I want. I do think the giant judge with the gavel is a cool idea....

but I feel like a Mega Man/Hero style final smash would fit in really well with Ace Attorney as a whole, since there are so many memorable characters and friendship and helping each other out is a pretty big deal in Ace Attorney.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, seriously, does anyone have a good gif of Manfred Von Karma slamming his head on the wall? I could use it right now, because I'm done trying to deal with these fan rules. Why bother do anything in this Orwellian environment.

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I want one track to be included in Smash Bros.:

(This one is an exclusive, official remix from the Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice 3D Soundtrack CD from 2 years ago.)

Last edited:

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
By alts, do you guys mean colors inspired by these characters, or outright alternate skins? Because I can't say I buy Edgeworth pulling most of Phoenix antics in a fight.
I mean skins. But yeah, i should probably change it to something like this:
Character: Wright
Alt skin: Apollo
Echo: Edgeworth

Top Bottom