• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Krankees

Smash Ace
How many times? How many times must our hopes be setback only for them to rise up again!

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
This feels like the part of the trial where Phoenix seemingly has lost and the judge is about to make his verdict, but all of a sudden someone comes bursting through the doors with a loud

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully we get a good result with this one now too

SNEKeater

Smash Master
LMAO

Seriously I don't know that to say. Maybe he actually misinterpreted the info and all that, but this seems like a ****ing movie with a lot of twists. I don't know if I believe all of this 100%. In any case, that list of deconfirmations makes more sense. I mean, it's not "everyone is dead", and while he has still deconfirmed a good amount of companies and characters Capcom, ArcSys and more are still in the running, according to Verge ofc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welcome back.

And you've got a couple days left for your prayers.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
RISE FROM THE ASHES!!! THE ULTIMATE TURNABOUT!!
(sorry for screaming, but I am actually really relieved and excited again) Phoenix is back boys!!

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
This feels an awful lot like the final days before Banjo was revealed - the thread was basically in mass hysteria "will-he-won't-he" mode, and everything seemed to be getting turned on its head several times per day.

I'm not saying we're going to end up with the same outcome, I'm just saying that if we do, I am officially a good luck charm for characters whose threads I participate in.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
So who is still living besides Phoenix and the other Capcom characters, who is his biggest competition now?

Krankees

Smash Ace
He says he put specific characters for examples yet I don't see a Capcom character on his list.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
So who is still living besides Phoenix and the other Capcom characters, who is his biggest competition now?
Well, Verge didn't deconfirmed Dante. If you only believe him I guess Dante is the biggest competition.
But Sabi's source deconfirmed Dante. In that case I guess the biggest rival for Wright is Amaterasu, if we don't count Monster Hunter.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Well, Verge didn't deconfirmed Dante. If you only believe him I guess Dante is the biggest competition.
But Sabi's source deconfirmed Dante. In that case I guess the biggest rival for Wright is Amaterasu, if we don't count Monster Hunter.
I think Phoenix is more likely than Amaterasu.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking his character example for Capcom might have been Dante, considering I recall him singling Dante out as off the table before he even went on this character-elimination crusade.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I think Phoenix is more likely than Amaterasu.
Same, I agree. I would love Amaterasu but she is a pipe dream having the amount of competition she has (Dante, Phoenix, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil after Ultimate...)
So many good characters from Capcom. That's why I'd like Phoenix to be FP5 if all deconfirmations so far are true, that way and with a bit of luck we can get another Capcom character post-pass.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
LMAO

Seriously I don't know that to say. Maybe he actually misinterpreted the info and all that, but this seems like a ****ing movie with a lot of twists. I don't know if I believe all of this 100%. In any case, that list of deconfirmations makes more sense. I mean, it's not "everyone is dead", and while he has still deconfirmed a good amount of companies and characters Capcom, ArcSys and more are still in the running, according to Verge ofc.
A movie with a lot of twists?

Buddy, we are living in an Ace Attorney trial!

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Really, though: I'd like to note that if Verg is so bad at vetting his source's responses that he jumps the gun hard enough to accidentally deconfirm the gaming industry, I'm taking that lack of prudence as a knock against his credibility. Right or wrong in the end, that's not a good look.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Now I think the Daisy theory may just be a load of bull, and I’m fully aware that I’m 101% biased towards Phoenix, but now that he’s back on the table, this one is so on the nose that I can’t help but wonder.

A821EA10-8C98-4676-8223-26B51919CC0D.jpeg

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Now I think the Daisy theory may just be a load of bull, and I’m fully aware that I’m 101% biased towards Phoenix, but now that he’s back on the table, this one is so on the nose that I can’t help but wonder.

View attachment 251147
Phoenix/Apollo/Athena as a Hero-type situation, I'm tellin' ya.

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
I would already be giddy seeing phoenix, but if i got to play as apollo and athena in smash, too? i usually exaggerate when i say i might die of happiness, but i think that might literally happen. if edgeworth and ryuunosuke were playable, too? my death would be certain.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Since I already shared it with the Geno thread who seems to really think Waluigi has a chance. Figured you guys would like it also.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Funny you say that, because I literally just proposed that in the Social Thread.

I’m thinking 4 Phoenix, 2 Apollo, 2 Athena.

Forgive me because I haven’t played DD or SoJ yet, but let’s say Phoenix has a move where Maya runs in like in UMvC3. Apollo would have Trucy instead, but is there anyone Athena could have?

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I know how much extra voice work and work in general would be required to allow for this, and I know Sakurai only did it once because he's a DQ fanboy, but... give it to me anyway.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
A movie with a lot of twists?

Buddy, we are living in an Ace Attorney trial!
At this point, I have to wonder if the leakers themselves have acquired "decisive evidence" that Wright is Fighter 5, and now they're just ******* around with us until the reveal to make it seem like something out of an actual Ace Attorney game...

View attachment 251147
I've no idea if Daisy is meant to be a hint at anything regarding Fighter 5. Probably not, but if she is, remember that Daisy is an Echo Fighter, so I think if she really is hinting at something, it's Fighter 5 coming with their own Echo Fighter (in regards to Phoenix Wright, the Echo in question being either Miles Edgeworth or Apollo Justice).

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Funny you say that, because I literally just proposed that in the Social Thread.

I’m thinking 4 Phoenix, 2 Apollo, 2 Athena.

Forgive me because I haven’t played DD or SoJ yet, but let’s say Phoenix has a move where Maya runs in like in UMvC3. Apollo would have Trucy instead, but is there anyone Athena could have?
Juniper Woods, her childhood friend, could work.

unless you wanna talk "court assistants" in which case athena's only option is simon blackquill

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Simon Blackquill sharing animations with Maya and Trucy would be a magnificent sight to behold.

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
I wonder what phoenix's legendary spirit's ability would be? i imagine it would be either edgeworth or maya, but i have no idea what ability they would have.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I haven't reached the games where Apollo and Athena appear but they really could work as Phoenix alts? Apollo I guess he could, I don't know anything about him besides his design but judging from the pictures I've seen about him I always thought of him like Wright 2.0.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Juniper Woods, her childhood friend, could work.

unless you wanna talk "court assistants" in which case athena's only option is simon blackquill
Simon Blackquill sharing animations with Maya and Trucy would be a magnificent sight to behold.
DD11FF58-7A91-44FB-B7F4-F482C021E1C0.jpeg

I barely know anything about Simon but I know he’d be hilarious clumsily running forward wildly swinging his arms like this.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I haven't reached the games where Apollo and Athena appear but they really could work as Phoenix alts? Apollo I guess he could, I don't know anything about him besides his design but judging from the pictures I've seen about him I always thought of him like Wright 2.0.
Realistically speaking, no, they wouldn't. All the characters have different poses for every action they can do in the games, and Athena's poses are very obviously feminine.

It would require a lot of alt animations for the Apollo and Athena skins.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty unlikely - for one thing, I'm pretty sure Athena is like half a foot shorter than Phoenix, and Apollo's a bit shorter too. But as was just mentioned, I think you'd lose a lot of their personality as alts unless you were willing to do unique animations, at which point they'd basically be their own characters.

... But I still want it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Vergeben's explanation makes sense...but it is also dumb?

It does explain the insane list we got this morning. It's believable they jumped the gun after seeing that, because frankly that was a bombshell that didn't seem to make any sense.

...but we are led to believe he included brackets for some character companies but not others? I understand the ones with more limited and/or obscure options, but some of the companies here feel like they should have gotten brackets while others didn't.

I am somewhat inclined to believe him more than not, but the communication - or lack thereof- is abysmal here.

Top Bottom