• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAI - Tipping an Illusion (a Marth video starring TAI)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
muchas gracias :)

i've been collecting clips for this vid for a while, so the bar was set pretty high for me

though no one probably expected an 11 minute epic from me LOL

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Some of these combos are very sick. The over-kill clips were great. Reverse fair is nasty. Reverse fair to dair is nastier. But seeing standard fair to dair 30 times against every characters wasnt so cool. Overall, great stuff Tai.

Lol at related tai chi vids.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I was texting him last night about this video. I asked why he didn't put a twin shououot/I Hate You Guys in there. But instead of being sour about it and complaining, I laughed it off and spoke in Tai's native language to him: "Money Match?!"

No worries, it's on :p

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Amazing Marth.
Requesting song-list.
1st Song was Karas's theme (not sure which version, probably the Tatsunoko vs Capcom version). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQiO5BH1HMw

2nd song was 7th Heaven, Shiki's theme from Kara no Kyoukai (the version used was her stage theme in Melty Blood Actress Again). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUyaBEaFI-4

Not gonna lie, I dropped my jaw when I heard that theme come up.

still watching video, more later

edit: oops there's a song list in the credits lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I think it could have been better. too many repetitve ken combos which are a lot of the same thing, and too many of the reverse->uptilts to spike, which again are all the same thing.

the last 2 mintues was better by far than the first 8 mins though with the unique and creative reverse UpB edgeguarding/combos and what not.

other than that, pretty awesome.

muchas gracias :)

i've been collecting clips for this vid for a while, so the bar was set pretty high for me

though no one probably expected an 11 minute epic from me LOL
i wouldnt go as far as "epic"

in relation to combo videos made, maybe. but when compared to combos people are doing nowadays, this is nothing special, and had nothing new. i also think you should have made it about half as long. just being honest =P

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
As far as Marth goes, you pulled off some very effective combos. Your a great player. As far as Smash goes, this just didn't entertain me terribly. Shorter and sweeter may have made it better. I did like your wall bouncing combo's on Yoshi's and Fountain though, that is a ****** idea. Your use of up-b was awesome too, never seen it used so well. All in all, good but not great

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i wouldnt go as far as "epic"

in relation to combo videos made, maybe. but when compared to combos people are doing nowadays, this is nothing special, and had nothing new. i also think you should have made it about half as long. just being honest =P
i meant epic in the sense that it was big/long

like, The Odyssey or the Iliad.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
yeah, i'm pretty sure i will

well, the reason it was so long is cuz i sorta just threw clips together with the music, and then i was like

oh wait, there's still a lot of clips i REALLY want to put in there

so i just added another song, because replacing clips would've been much more of a pain lol

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
So I dont usually critique combo videos but I just had to for this one.

First off

The music worked really well with the video xD.

Secondly: I enjoyed the creative combos from combo + Ledge cancel to spike, or different variations of the reversed F-air to D-air. Most of the F-air to D-air I see now a days are just normal reversed ken combo. This video however used it at different percentiles you usually dont see them at lol. One example was reverse F-air to D-air on falcon at like 65%? Having the repeated combo in the end but in different variations is fine for me. It's like the combo video "Silence" where the last parts of the video were just drop zones, but different variations.

Third: I enjoyed the combo because they weren't just generic ken combos... Sure the combo ended with a ken combo, but watching u beat the crap out of them because of their bad DI from like 20% to 120% xD hella funny.

The combo video was very enjoyable xD. I see you used some of the Fair on the platform when ur below them to combo into things *My Idea* jking jking xD. Fun video overall Tai =D. Can't wait to play u again soon ^^. Too bad I didn't get on the Marth buddy list =/ QQ. The reason why I switch to marth is because I feel like the combos that Marth are capable of haven't been fully exposed yet. That's just my opinion though.

Tell me if u can pull this combo off on someone for me =D. Up-throw, Reverse F-air, D-air that hits them up, ledge-cancel, D-air again xD. U kind of did it but u ended with a F-tilt in the video =/.

Fun video again... Yea my critique is long... I think u successfully were able to pull a 10 min combo video of marth pretty well. Thinking back to all the other combo videos of marth... There like 7 mins or less because it's hard making creative combo's with him that haven't all been done yet.

Hax

Smash Champion
only complaint is i cant watch marth combos for over 5 minutes, theyre almost all the same lol

otherwise f*ckin amazing i wanna be as good as you at this game f*** can u teach me

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
LOL i wish i were as good as you, aziz

thanks for the compliments, and..

even though i'd lose, i'd love to play bunches with you. i'd imagine they'd still be fun (or interesting, unique, educational, informative, something lol) matches in some way, though. also, when's YOUR vid coming? i'm pretty hyped for that, too.

EDIT: Also, Justin, you weren't on the Marth Buddies list cuz I never talk to you lol. I talk to Kevin, Bobby, ARC, and I.B. fairly often.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tell me if u can pull this combo off on someone for me =D. Up-throw, Reverse F-air, D-air that hits them up, ledge-cancel, D-air again xD. U kind of did it but u ended with a F-tilt in the video =/.
I did that (without the ledge-cancel) on Forward last week, except it wasn't out of a uthrow. It was some uthrow to some utilts and stuff....

Then I linked it into a reverse fair dair, then the dair popped him up (since it was un-tippered), then I landed and did a full-hop dair, and it spiked him.

It wasn't recorded, and I was heartbroken.

It lived on in the hearts of everyone that was there.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Why didn't you upload this yourself? And wow that video was sexyyy

I couldn't figure out if the opening quote was a joke or not...but then I watched the video xD

And I always thought your name was T I I or pronounced like that at least.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I am still upset at the lack of a Rubyiris shoutout.

No combo video is good without comboing to dirt-trash out of Rubyiris.

JerryOscar

Smash Rookie
I found a new model Marth. :>
Your side-B (for delay) to dair inspired me to try that myself.
Sooo excited when I did that for the first time on my friends. :D

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Yeah the full-hop bair turnaround side-b double jump dairs in the magnifying glass were **** impressive. What a way to finish a combo. And then to have the control to make it back. Pure sex.

And thats only like one of the 30 things that inspired me from this video. Tai is the new hotness.

Top Bottom