• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tabuu Alpha 3! 100% Less Crashes+Fighter.pac support

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
why does it always freeze then I trying to save? :<
and after each "save freeze" it doesn't change anything I did ;_;
It crashes regardless i think but if you save on an unedited file it'll be saved when you re-open the file. If you save an edited(PSA edited) file it'll crash and not save. You can just open your file in a hex editor and go to the offset listed by tabuu and find the value you want to change. Or use an unedited file.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Um... this is probably a stupid question, but it only doesn't save if you've edited that file with PSA prior to using Tabuu, right?

If you used only Tabuu in the past, will it save a second time?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I will be honest, I have never tested saving PSA-edited files.

I make all my changes while the game runs using a USBGecko, so saving files is something I haven't tested that much.
Ill try to fix it and push Alpha 5 tomorrow.

Alpha 4 only made it as far as #PMBR i believe.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Where should I start if I want to make something like OpenSA/PSA for Linux/Macs using C++?
You would start with the C# source code for PSA/OpenSA/Tabuu, and...then youd make it.
I don't know what else to say other than that.

I would have coded it in C++, but for GUI applications, C# takes SOOOOO much out of the equation in terms of making things work. A lot of the stuff I do with C#/WPF would take AGES to do with WXWindows or some cross platform GUI library.

IDK though. If you wanna walk that road you can, but honestly, its easier to use paralells or run a Windows XP VM. But yeah....I think BrawlLib can be used from mono.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
For some reason, when I tried to load up FitLink00.pac in Tabuu, it didn't show up. Hell it didn't even load it and I have tried several times.

EDIT: Now I have tried to open other FitChar00.pacs, but they won't show up either. Am I just being impatient, or is something wrong?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
To be more clear, you need to right click the MiscData[0] and THEN click Load Model.
How is it that one way or another that you end up being one of people who answers my questions (if you do end up doing that)?

-and now I have a new question. Someone on KC:MM mentioned having to rebuild the .pac after changing BoneRefs (which I did with most of the BoneRefs that appeared for Link in Tabuu to TvC Zero's equivalents), what does that mean exactly?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
For some reason, when I tried to load up FitLink00.pac in Tabuu, it didn't show up. Hell it didn't even load it and I have tried several times.

EDIT: Now I have tried to open other FitChar00.pacs, but they won't show up either. Am I just being impatient, or is something wrong?
Wrong files. FitChar.pac files are what it's meant to load.

EDIT: Lol latepost, stupid browser not refreshing page correctly to show thread >.>

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So, Tabuu as it stands seems pretty early, but this sounds like a program with a lot of potential. I'm especially interested in one of the claimed goals on milestone 3, .pac rebuilding. Would that mean that we could have alterations to .pac files like added lines and edited lines and such and then make the file in such a way that it would be as if the lines had always been there? Will we be able to do the same with fighter.pac, and will that run into problems in terms of making it longer? For Balanced Brawl, I'm really interested in having clean internal files for the next release and especially taking our fighter.pac injections and putting them into the real thing as clean code. We actually are kinda hoping to remove all .gct codes entirely and use only Riivolution and file replacement, but this would be a really big step.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Adding to fighter.pac is going to **** all GCT codes that actually edit fighter.pac, and I haven't actually gone through to see how many codes actualy edit weird parts of fighter.pac

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Adding to fighter.pac is going to **** all GCT codes that actually edit fighter.pac, and I haven't actually gone through to see how many codes actualy edit weird parts of fighter.pac
And I can't wait. It'll be nice to have basically everything just be file replacement.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Considering everything that the GCT codes do ought to be able to be replicated within the original files on the disc itself, it stands to reason that this is theoretically possible. You would just need a GCT to initialize the file replacement.

Subscribed.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
It'll be nice to not have to rely on a GCT to fully enjoy a Brawl mod. Subscribed as well

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You would just need a GCT to initialize the file replacement.
Or Riivolution. Or a patched ISO.

Then we could finally have the fabled "Brawl mod on a disc!" thing that's been desired since before B+ was B+.
No, P:M will never be sold.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
Or Riivolution. Or a patched ISO.

Then we could finally have the fabled "Brawl mod on a disc!" thing that's been desired since before B+ was B+.
No, P:M will never be sold.
Dolphin too.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Yeah, creating incompatibility with any existing .gct codes is a non-problem. If they map to fighter.pac, we could just make other changes to fighter.pac to supersede them.

I'm excited over the possibility! I look forward to all progress. I note the first post asks for some testing help; I looked at alpha 3 and didn't see the immediately obvious of what needed done, but Thinkaman and I are definitely willing to do our parts in that regard if it will help along the development of these important capabilities. Is it just figuring out what the red highlighted segments do via trial and error and pattern analysis?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Yep.

I haven't had time to really work on it that much, but I am going to overhaul the UI very soon. And, you know, fix saving.
I am on a trip right now and don't have time to program anything.

But yeah, theres a lot that still needs to be done to get .pac rebuilding to work.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I can't say I really know what the various colors mean or how to find "red" parts to document so, for now, I'm putting some focus into the mysterious parameters.

Here are my results for what the values in paramFalconKick13ftCaptainNode actually do:

First float: no clear effect setting it to 1, 0, 100,000, or -100,000
Second float: speed multiplier from hitting with grounded Falcon Kick. It's 0.66 by default which is why grounded Falcon Kick slows down on hit
Third integer: no clear effect setting it to 100 or -100
Fourth float: larger values reduce cooldown on ground Falcon Kick's ground finishing animation; it is likely the parameter of a frame speed multiplier
Fifth float: larger values reduce cooldown on aerial Falcon Kick's landing animation; it is likely the parameter of a frame speed multiplier
Sixth float: no clear effect setting it to 0.01 or 1000
Seventh float: traction during landing from aerial Falcon Kick. Lower values result in a larger slide
Eight ??? (00000000 by default): no clear effect setting to 00001000 or 447A0000

So I was only able to figure out half of them, though I suspect the last one is unused given the 00000000 value by default. This in-game testing is extremely labor intensive; it's not hard to see why people weren't jumping to do this...

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Its easier to do the testing with USBGecko, you can tweak the values and even see when they are read by the game.
Its pretty intense and amazing.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yeah this thread needs more attention.

I'm not sure what that last floating point does, but other than that, all that remains to decipher in the event match files is the header, which contains the rules, win, and fail conditions.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Thanks. The area where Pikazz found in Oli and I found in MK is 60 bytes after the file offset Tabuu outputs.
The issue is that Tabuu only shows 1 value and not all of them.

The first UnknownO has 3 areas in all and the second one has 5 areas to be changed.

Here's a pic to show you...

File Offset of Unknown O

Values that Tabuu alters

Values that also must be changed to correctly reflect the changes

Unknown O is confirmed to control where the item is held.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Guys. First of all, the value isn't in there multiple times just because

There are multiple types of items, and each can have a different hold point. If I remember correctly, throwable, battering, and useable items have seperate values. I think Pikachu has tired things, since he holds some items on his back and some in his mouth

Top Bottom