• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i havent been able to be online much to tell people that the price was going to go up today, so ill give it one extra week before the price goes up 2.50 more :p i gotta try to get some md/va locals to register, lazy *******s

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
i havent been able to be online much to tell people that the price was going to go up today, so ill give it one extra week before the price goes up 2.50 more :p i gotta try to get some md/va locals to register, lazy *******s
Soon, I promise!

hot$

Smash Ace
same...

10monies

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i registered in august...cause it was cheap...and i knew i'd be lower on money come this point in time...

the sooner, the better...hyyyypeeeee

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
So I am pretty much confirmed to go. I do have a question though. Feb. 19th, 20th, and 21st is on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Is there a reason for this? Or is this just a typo?

Booking mah flight soon, so if anyone can get back to me asap that'd be great!

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't believe that there is a holiday that Monday.. I could be wrong.

But I'm pretty sure college would still be in session then.

rhan

Smash Hero
Haha

I'll either already quit my job by January or be fired from it today.

Either way I'll still have the funds to go to this.

I would love to stay for Monday too but my ride has to go to college that Monday. So unless someone gives me a ride back to Southern VA I cannont stay.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So I am pretty much confirmed to go. I do have a question though. Feb. 19th, 20th, and 21st is on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Is there a reason for this? Or is this just a typo?

Booking mah flight soon, so if anyone can get back to me asap that'd be great!

Monday will most likely be finals matches, crews, buy-in tourney continuations and such. It is also presidents day, which means a lot of schools give you off, i tried to factor that in my decision!

With 600 entrants last pound it ran us 3 days. Although i am going to get **** done lightning speed last time i still doubt i could finish it ALL in 2 days, with melee, brawl, and the buy-in tournaments included.

UPDATE:: As far as SSF goes we may or may not still be running it :( The reason it was possibly going to be cancelled was because of conflicting dates, but it seems like that is going to be worked out now. :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Player List::

Melee:

Plank [S+D]
Toasty [S+D]
Tope [S+D]
S-Man [S+D]
TheSage [S+D]
SilentWolf [S+D]
Winston [S+D]
Bl@ck Chris
Bones
Caboose
Replublican0fHeaven [S+D]
CTL [S+D]
Rhan [S+D]
Eggm [S+D]
SuperRad [S+D]
Sanuzi [S+D]
Wenbo [S+D]
HungryBox [S+D]
BigWenz [S+D]
j666 [S+D]
Kyu Puff
Smoke2Jointz [S+D]
Lovage [S+D]
Swiftbass [S+D]
The Newb [S+D]
FlypKnight [S+D]
TWIG!!!!! [s+D]
Dkuo
BloodyPuppy
Zebra [S+D]
Squirell [S+D]
CrystalNite
Strawhats
Lord HDL
MacD [S+D]
Got1
Kaiser [S+D]
C@$Hphl0 [S+D]
Dr. PeePee [S+D]
Blunted_Object10 [S+D]
Jake13 [S+D]
Phist-It [S+D]
Snap.
Tafokints [S+D]
SuperWaveDash
Yoshido
MilkMan [S+D]
Django Zephyr [S+D]
BasketOFSeals
MooPhobia

Brawl:

Kadaj [S+D]
D0N [S+D]
D-Torr [S+D]
KiraFlax [S+D]
Isolation [S+D]
ChiboSempai [S+D]
Inferno
TwentyTwo [S+D]
Ally [S+D]
A New England Winter
Sphere
Inui [S+D]
Anti [S+D]
ShadowHero
ESAM [S+D]
MVD [S+D]

Updated player list so far!!! Remember, registration will go up $5 at the beginning of January since it didn't go up this month!!!!

Teh ICY, I know a lot of canadians are coming obviously. There's been a decent bit of australian interest too, as well as some south american interest but I'm not totally sure which players.

As far as top players I know from Europe Amsah, possibly remen/faab/armada/ivo, HDL from PR (and hopefully more, last time they brought a freaking football team LOL) , and more.

im gonna try and get on md/va locals to register in other threads, theyre wasting money

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

It's hard to really capture how big this place is cuz of the angles, but heres a few pics.

strawhats

Smash Master
holy **** at the size of that place.

also speaking of md/va, is azen going to this? (it is the last pound after all)

I'd like to meet him.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
of course he will be here, it's pound 5!

gonna work my hardest to get KM here, too. hopefully he can come, this is the last pound and he is the godfather of TA

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
That decides it then. I got this, =] It will be nnice to meet you, Plank.

Oh also, is the Venue 24 hours? So we can smash all night if we wanted to?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
That decides it then. I got this, =] It will be nnice to meet you, Plank.

Oh also, is the Venue 24 hours? So we can smash all night if we wanted to?
Yes, the venue is 24 hrs to smash all night. It'll be nice to meet you too, i love seeing new faces at each of my events.

holy **** @ at the size of the venue

def many worthy sleeping spots there

Yeah, like over 500 open hotel rooms :) People are not going to be allowed to sleep inside of the venue, everyone should have a room pretty much so there is no reason to anyway, haha.

strawhats

Smash Master
omg...all day smashing for like 2 days straight, then day 3 hype (my blood boils with a thousand suns of HYPE RIGHT NOW)

cant wit for this ****...its like being in a hyperbolic time chamber and when all is said and done (i will emerge much stronger than before)

SO ****.

yo plank how many people are you expecting for this event?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
It's really hard to say. I have a history of really underestimating (i expected 200 at pound 3 and got over 300 and expected 400 at p4 and got over 600) :o so id say like 500, and we will see what happens ;)

I have a big announcement coming for *Pound* which is going to draw a LOT of extra people too and I am pretty excited about, but it'll be a few weeks before I am allowed to announce that. :)

rhan

Smash Hero
Oh so NOW people wanna get hard over the venue...

I've been tryna tell you guys.

This **** is no joke.

Edit: Oh SWF has lost my respect for censoring sh.yt

sheyet

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
talked to scar today, hes been way busy with work but is coming for sure. i figured he wasnt coming cuz he hasnt posted/registered and usually registers early

dream thieve 1:20 pm
(1:20:08 PM): so i assume u cannot go to pound eh?
(1:20:08 PM): :-P
bscar87 1:20 pm
(1:20:55 PM): why would you assume that
(1:20:57 PM): pound *****
(1:20:58 PM): i wanna go

then we continued convo etc but yeah thats right pound *****!!! so many people planning on coming who havent posted. i think out of like the 60 or so people who've registered 15-20 have posted in the thread. I have a feeling there are going to be a TON of lesser known players at this one, as well as the top players but really a LOT of casuals or less experienced players. I get a lot of random emails from people who dont have SWF accounts and there are constantly a ton of guests viewing this page, haha

tl;dr scar ***** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVOU9GgLqqU

strawhats

Smash Master
i heard darkrain was supposed to go to RoM 3 but got screwed over or something like that. Hope he'll go to this. Jeff vs. Darkrain in Bracket must happen at this (i hope)

and God i love IKMIII

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
darkrain has come to every other pound so hopefully he comes to this too, i think hes a pretty busy guy these days but ill def be hitting him up soon and making sure he will be here

basically all of cali is already coming so hopefully jeff comes too, esp after his epic **** over armada at p4

strawhats

Smash Master
NICE...I'm so glad i can go to this

I'll see about Genesis when the time comes but its all about POUND 5 right now.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Darkrain and SilentSpectre are instant hype... some of the greatest Pound 4 moments involved these two. Someone make sure they are in attendance for this! I'm looking at you pockyD, go buy Jeff's plane ticket like last time XD

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Wow, the size of this Venue is insane. I wanna come to this. I have to talk to a few peeps so we can go as a group. The last Pound was too good...

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol how is a venue like that even possible??? This venue may be even bigger than MLG's!!

And its 24 hours??? So we litterally can sleep there can't we??

I may just have to have a seat with my brother and father and give them excuses to why I can't make their birthdays because of this tourney.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i'm gonna be practicing a lot for this, i swear pound tournaments are the only ones that make me set goals for myself in terms of performance, every other tournament i just wanna play people and have a good time, but at pound...shts serious LOL

like raynex said, pound is comeback season

edit: OMG you can play at the venue 24 hours....and the venues in a hotel....does anyone understand how insane this is gonna be haha

chillindude829

Smash Master
lol how is a venue like that even possible??? This venue may be even bigger than MLG's!!

And its 24 hours??? So we litterally can sleep there can't we??

I may just have to have a seat with my brother and father and give them excuses to why I can't make their birthdays because of this tourney.
planks already talked about this extensively, yes the venue is 24 hours but no you cant sleep there. the venue itself is a hotel, get a room, and sleep there, dont sleep in the playing area, its for people who want to play all night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom