• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
FAAAAAAAAAAB!!!!

and amsah better be back to win the final *POUND*!!!!!!

dutchiessss!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i wonder if i can get a tour of the white house...

or something in DC :laugh:

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
One more question, do you have to enter the tourney to get the discount? Cause my girlfriend would come with me, but wouldn't enter the tournament obviously.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
One more question, do you have to enter the tourney to get the discount? Cause my girlfriend would come with me, but wouldn't enter the tournament obviously.
that doesnt make any sense. youd just tell them your promo code or whatever and get it at the discounted smasher rate

like the hotel cares if all 4 people in your room entered the tourney :laugh:

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
lolllll this is going to be amazing =D I'm so stoked just to chill with people! **** the tournament! XD

but on some serious ****, I would totally pay for a ride out to the monuments at 2 or 3 AM....it's absolutely stunning because there is practically NO ONE there and it's beautifully lit

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I have a question. The venue will be open 24/7 to allow proper training/etc. for this meaning that playing in our rooms will be meaningless, BUT, would it be reasonable to still bring a TV of our own to put in the room anyway? One that would allow us to play Smash if we want some training in our own room? After all, TVs will be used up left-right and center, and it'll be difficult to switch on and off to get proper warm-ups and training in when you have to switch all the time. Unless you risk staying up all night which is just counter-productive to you getting the rest you need to perform at your best.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I have a question. The venue will be open 24/7 to allow proper training/etc. for this meaning that playing in our rooms will be meaningless, BUT, would it be reasonable to still bring a TV of our own to put in the room anyway? One that would allow us to play Smash if we want some training in our own room? After all, TVs will be used up left-right and center, and it'll be difficult to switch on and off to get proper warm-ups and training in when you have to switch all the time. Unless you risk staying up all night which is just counter-productive to you getting the rest you need to perform at your best.

Uhhh i can only give my opinion and suggestions. If you can behave like reasonable individuals you can do what you want in your hotel room, as long as you are following the room limits of people pretty strictly.

I think it's kind of lame to bring a TV to a tournament yet keep it in your room with the reasoning of "TV's will be used up left-right and center" when you are actively contributing to the problem by having a TV yet keeping it in your room to play just whenever you choose, but again that's your choice :p

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
We here in Alberta are a pretty tame and good bunch of folk. And we'll definitely be playing in the venue when we can. But it's always nice to have a failsafe in case we just don't feel like we're getting enough games in since everyone will be doing friendlies/money matches/etc.

The TV is something would be something amongst the lines of, "Just in case.", you know?

Thank you for answering my question! You're awesome.

Lobos

Smash Master
Cool I'll help on the brawl side of things since Tant knows im good for it! This will prolly be my last tournament lol

Toasty - that would actully be a bad idea cuz you either seem like an easy target for random mugger or easy target for police.....lol

If anyone 21+ wants some idea of whats good around D.C. I would just metro to Adams Morgan....Also the area where the hotel is at has a night scene as well but mostly resturants but has a few bars.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Lobos are you talking like in the 18th street area? I used to have a customer down there. Their business hours were 6pm to 3am. Wild night scene over there.

Lobos

Smash Master
Lobos are you talking like in the 18th street area? I used to have a customer down there. Their business hours were 6pm to 3am. Wild night scene over there.
Yeah 18th from Florida Ave to Columbia Rd.

There is also stuff around dupoint circle

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Toasty - that would actully be a bad idea cuz you either seem like an easy target for random mugger or easy target for police.....lol
haha I've done this a few times before [and once WAS questioned by the cops, but it was during the DC Sniper scare and they didn't know what the suspect looked like yet]

but it's amazing...but risky, like you said.

at least I'll always have pictures like these that I feel just wouldn't be close to the same during regular tourist hours:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/curiousenver/DC/dbc4fdfb.jpg?t=1282058455

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/curiousenver/DC/2e446545.jpg?t=1282058560

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/curiousenver/DC/1a94c170.jpg?t=1282058634

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait for another Jigglypuff ditto!! xD. Though if Mango has really retired, the final might be entertaining(prob not surprising nor even though) to watch. Bring it on!!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
PLANK YOU KNOW YOU WANNA LET CONEY AND I ON THAT MAIN COMMENTATOR STATUS FOR BRAWL

I think we got a lot of hype at APEX

just pay for 1 person, then have people chill in your room 95/4 = less $. or cant do that? cuz thats still a lot (sadly D:)
I REALLLY WISHED THIS WOULD WORK

Final Pound? :(

I'll be at this.
"IM quitting after apex"....LOL I knew ur *** wasn't quitting...no one ever quits smash...they just take breaks

im just saying theres not going to be spots to sleep and at any given point ill probably wake people up. the venue is sexayyyy and im not gonna tolerate smelly smashers sleeping on the floor and not taking showers scuzzing it up!!
LETS NOT HAVE THIS!!

There is a restaurant on the roof of the hotel that is open at night and it overlooks the Reagan airport, it's a crazy view!
oh...this sounds like a good place for a DATE...HMMMMMMMMMMM
(too bad theres only like 2 single smasher chicks...lol)

LMAO get @ my exclusive jerkin' at pound 5 HYPE
JERK OFF? (no homo) and after i get drunk...jerking jus feels dumb when im not drunk

or we could just get a dancer's circle started in the middle of the hotel...lol

Except before it didn't hurt the venue situation financially and for future reference like it will this time. So things will be enforced pretty strictly. The venue has ran Katsucon so they know how people try to shove into rooms and they look out for it pretty well.

Nobody wants to be ejected from the best tourney ever cuz they didnt wanna spend 10 extra dollars, m i rite?

=P
sooo..Can I still have people chill in my room and play friendlies (and drink) or no?

oh and guys...I wont be having a huge hotel party like at apex...almost caught the boot for that...lol

...ILL STILL HAVE DRINKS THO!!!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Tant running Brawl and here's the #1 co assistant. Yee yee.

I think I'll advertise this **** round the High School here since they got some Smahers not on SmashBoards. Free money matches.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
TKO, like I said I can't control what you do. However the venue is aware of the way in which a lot of younger people -can- act and will be monitoring it closely. I don't mind people drinking or what-not in the rooms, but once u drink u should either

1.) go back to your own rooms and go to bed

OR THE BETTER OPTIONS

2.) hang around the actual venue, noise there is FINE 24/7

3.) go just meander about outside. the area is really REALLY nice and high class, not dangerous at all. DRUNK IN PUBLIC FTW!!!!

As far as paying $95 and having 4 people, i wouldn't suggest doing this as it is very obvious. You could probably pay the $115 for 3 people and have 4 people without getting caught, though. Also if you say you only have 1-2 people, you only get one bed instead of 2. 3 people should give you two beds XD

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
HMMM...I think I like that Idea...Drink and then go hang out in A HUGE OPEN AREA TO MAKE A FOOL OURSELVES

I Likes...Ill definitely be doing that

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
hmmm, a lot of OOC interest. Ah I hope I can make this! My bro and I are getting a few more people from NM to go to this too. My going will depend on whether or not I have started a new job yet after graduating.

Just saw the amateur buy in thing. What a bad *** idea Plank :D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
as far as i know youve pretty much paid everyone back right? which means yes you can come :p

RATED

Smash Lord
so that if I go for example I go me and someone else, we can get the one with only one bed and be 3 or 4 days and pay everyday like $45 dollar each one and each night so that we would be spending maybe like : 155 or 225 or something like that?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, each of you would pay around those numbers.

for three nights in a high class hotel, thats amazing. 3 nights split together for the price of half of one alone?...pretty dang good.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
It's basically Washington DC. So Vegas or DC.

!!!

Like literally its right over the river or whatever and 3 minutes by metro :p

Yeah, and don't forget the hotel rates are AMAZINGGG because of the location. You guys are getting a pleasure most people don't, it's suchhh a nice hotel (DESTROYS the hyatt apex had lol) and it overlooks like all of Washington DC. The rooms are $350/night typically.

Although I realize a lot of smashers don't appreciate this at all but some do! I am pumped about being able to stay in a hotel for 3 days and be in DC. I am so going downtown every night lol.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
so that if I go for example I go me and someone else, we can get the one with only one bed and be 3 or 4 days and pay everyday like $45 dollar each one and each night so that we would be spending maybe like : 155 or 225 or something like that?
Or 4 of you could get a room with 2 beds at 145 per night so it's like 36$ each per night so a total of $100 for housing+transportation from airport+being in venue all weekend+transportation to airport+easy accessibility to anything ever needed via metro :p

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
"IM quitting after apex"....LOL I knew ur *** wasn't quitting...no one ever quits smash...they just take breaks
I'll be at this, but did I say I was entering the tournament?

>nope.avi

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Dc is amazing. Also, no one from ny or Philly should have ride johns since there are $20 buses roundtrip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom