• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hahaha YO TA is deaddddd :(

Zoler, MD/VA is notoriously bad at providing housing. On top of that, I think basically -EVERYONE- will be staying at the hotel since it IS the venue. 4 people in a room is like $30 per person per night so just budget aside like $100 for hotel.

Also consider this includes free shuttle service to and from the airport or metro stations whenever you please and access to all of downtown washington DC. You're also paying for the convenience of rolling out of bed, going down 5 stories, and walking into the venue :-D

I strongly discourage people from staying places other than the hotel. Part of the reason I got such an amazing venue is because i guaranteed lots of room blocks, so we need to fill those out!!!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

Zoler, MD/VA is notoriously bad at providing housing. On top of that, I think basically -EVERYONE- will be staying at the hotel since it IS the venue. 4 people in a room is like $30 per person per night so just budget aside like $100 for hotel.

Also consider this includes free shuttle service to and from the airport or metro stations whenever you please and access to all of downtown washington DC. You're also paying for the convenience of rolling out of bed, going down 5 stories, and walking into the venue :-D

I strongly discourage people from staying places other than the hotel. Part of the reason I got such an amazing venue is because i guaranteed lots of room blocks, so we need to fill those out!!!
dont worry, i plan to get a hotel room for this

hotel nationals are way too much fun to not stay at the venue (ie, apex #1)

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
So where's the rooming thread? I need concrete info on the shuttle and who I can stay with, that's all I need before confirming some flight tickets! I likely won't be going with a teammate this time either. Maybe someone who met/played me at the previous Pound would be interested? :)

Eggm

Smash Hero
So where's the rooming thread? I need concrete info on the shuttle and who I can stay with, that's all I need before confirming some flight tickets! I likely won't be going with a teammate this time either. Maybe someone who met/played me at the previous Pound would be interested? :)
This man's link is no joke some one team with him!!

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
!!!! I'm gonna try my hardest to be able to come! hopefully i can talk my crew of sorts to come as well ^.^

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
These dates actually work perfectly for me. =D
hoooolyyyy crap these two posts made my day ^_^

Zoler

Smash Ace

Oh, ok $30 sounds so much better! I'm like 75% sure I'm coming now! HYPE!! Especially now when Calle W is joining too!

Dags att rapea jänkarna eller CW? :laugh:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Oh, ok $30 sounds so much better! I'm like 75% sure I'm coming now! HYPE!! Especially now when Calle W is joining too!

Dags att rapea jänkarna eller CW? :laugh:
thats 30 with only 4 people. If people bring sleeping bags and do not mind floor space you could get the price down even more!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im pretty sure the rates on the first post are on a per night basis.

i just want to clarify that, for people who are getting their hopes up that its only 30 for the entire weekend if you have 4 people. nah *****s, thats one night :laugh:

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Any pictures of the rooms themselves, so we can try and figure out how many people we can stuff in one room?

Oh and I'm going to this.

But no one knows or cares about me so it probably won't make any difference to any of you that I'm going...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Any pictures of the rooms themselves, so we can try and figure out how many people we can stuff in one room?

Oh and I'm going to this.

But no one knows or cares about me so it probably won't make any difference to any of you that I'm going...
thats 30 with only 4 people. If people bring sleeping bags and do not mind floor space you could get the price down even more!
This is actually a really important thing. The reason I am giving such good discounts now and providing so many supplies is because the hotel is being promised so many rooms. In order for the tournament to be fully successful everybody can't be cramming into few rooms. just obey the laws. There is already a HUGE discount in a RIDICULOUS hotel in downtown Washington DC when the rooms are already $350 a night usually.

Also dont forget the venue is INSIDE the hotel so any stupid **** people get into they will be kicked out of not only the hotel, but also the venue. Keep the rooms professional, get rooms to sleep in basically!! The venue is open 24 hours and it is in WASHINGTON DC WITH PUBLIC TRANSIT EVERYWHERE for god sakes take the party elsewhere so we can keep on good terms with the **** venue and USE IT AGAIN (seriously, this is NOT one to be ruined....)!!!!!

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^Well I mean I'm fine with 30 a night for sleeping with 4 people, but I mean if a room can comfortably fit like 6 or something and get it down to 20 a night, it'd be nicer on my wallet :p

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
^Well I mean I'm fine with 30 a night for sleeping with 4 people, but I mean if a room can comfortably fit like 6 or something and get it down to 20 a night, it'd be nicer on my wallet :p
I don't know if you missed it but...

No more than 4 people per room, per night. Remember the Hotel IS the Venue so if you get complaints and such you can be kicked out.
its against the rules. plank is getting us amazing discounts on a amazing hotel. respect his wishes, and find 3 other people to share a room with please.

Lobos

Smash Master
Its always been no more than 4 people per room but thats only if you get caught and loud about having more people in the room than what they say........lrn2hotel kthxbye

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Its always been no more than 4 people per room but thats only if you get caught and loud about having more people in the room than what they say........lrn2hotel kthxbye
Except before it didn't hurt the venue situation financially and for future reference like it will this time. So things will be enforced pretty strictly. The venue has ran Katsucon so they know how people try to shove into rooms and they look out for it pretty well.

Nobody wants to be ejected from the best tourney ever cuz they didnt wanna spend 10 extra dollars, m i rite?

=P

Lobos

Smash Master
Except before it didn't hurt the venue situation financially and for future reference like it will this time. So things will be enforced pretty strictly. The venue has ran Katsucon so they know how people try to shove into rooms and they look out for it pretty well.

Nobody wants to be ejected from the best tourney ever cuz they didnt wanna spend 10 extra dollars, m i rite?

=P
lol this could explain why katsucon was only there for 1 year lol

I stand corrected!

BTW I'm not sure if I want to enter or be on that T.O. status plank!?!??1?

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
all the information is in the OP, stop being a lazy **** and read it yourself

:bee:
First: the OP says it's 145 for 4 persons and now I read a few pages back it's 120, so it's not strange to assume that 2/3 person rooms changed as well. Or I misunderstood, in which case I'd like clarity on that.

Second: the OP doesn't say if breakfast is included, hence my question.

Third: don't be a ***** on the internet, if you have something to say, keep it for real life <_<

rhan

Smash Hero
First: the OP says it's 145 for 4 persons and now I read a few pages back it's 120, so it's not strange to assume that 2/3 person rooms changed as well. Or I misunderstood, in which case I'd like clarity on that.

Second: the OP doesn't say if breakfast is included, hence my question.

Third: don't be a ***** on the internet, if you have something to say, keep it for real life <_<
You sir are mad over something.

1st Statement: The 120 price is for 3 people... And that's per night. Not the entire stay.

2nd Statement: Reasonable.

3rd Statement: The internet shouldn't be taken so seriously.

___

I'm really digging the fact that every room has an Ipod dock! That is soooo ****ing legit!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah. I'm not sure how the hotel would know if you say the room was for 3 people but then it was for 4. I don't condone paying for 3 people if 4 people are staying there, but that might be very hard for them to enforce. Seriously though, no more than 4 in a room, and to be safe, i'd say pay the price.

I think I'm actually going to set up some sort of rebate for people who purchase hotel rooms, but I haven't fully figured out exactly what I want to do with that yet.

Either way I know I'm getting a room for all 3 nights, sooo convenient and good. One of the nights since its all metro accessable i say 21++ go to DC bars and drink ;D

LOBOSSSS!!!!! do both!!!

I dont think the breakfast is included. Typically motels and ****ty hotels do that sort of thing, not a Hyatt. There are fast food places within walking distance though, so if at any point you don't want expensive hotel food you can always go across the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom