• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T£AM Tøûrnâm£nT (10 + Teams. PM For Confirmation until April 27)

Rikuo

Smash Cadet
I'll take any partner, I don't have any real expectations, since I honestly don't know how I gauge in a real competition. Out of my friends, I'm the best player (but they are terrible), and I win pretty often online, but I don't know if its because I am being matched against weak players, or the lag is getting them, etc...

I just want to be honest so my potential partner knows what they are getting into. Anyone who wants to be on my team, PM me.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
I'm also looking for a partner. Soon I'll be posting videos (After exams) of my gameplay. According to my friends, I'm very good (They are soooo noob.)

TheLake

Smash Master
I dont have any videos and probably wont for awhile sadly ):

Im sure that doesnt look great on my resume but uhh...I got 2nd in low tiers once and ran a 400 meter dash in 55.9 seconds?

shadowzero

Smash Cadet
I'm in, if there's space. Milwaukee, Wisconsin, btw.

I could post vids, but they'll probably only be of lv9 comps...(my friends and I don't usually get together often) I'm still decent at Melee, but Brawl...heh, I have no idea where I stand in the competition. Probably not that good, seeing as I'm still getting used to the game, but if anyone wants to be my partner, then...uh, great! XD

popsofctown

Smash Champion
the topic line says deciding stock and time limit... is that something we are supposed to talk about?
I'd like to have pretty high stock, like ten. I know nothing of time limits.

shadowzero

Smash Cadet
the topic line says deciding stock and time limit... is that something we are supposed to talk about?
I'd like to have pretty high stock, like ten. I know nothing of time limits.
Ten? o.O

I'd think we'd want to not bore people to death with super long matches...

I'm usually up for the standard Melee rules, 4 stock, 8min, but Luthien's idea is probably better. 2 stock and 3min sounds reasonable.

hario.hige

Smash Cadet
3 stock, 8 minutes. I thought that always made sense.

Anyway, I am in need of a partner. I guess people can drop off their FC's to me in PM or something and we can play a few games to determine mutual suitability.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
So what's going on? This is the first time the smashboards finally decided to load for me ever since the release date.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Hey, the tournament is starting this month. So, everyone needs to have their partner. Im looking for a partner also. How many stocks and lives then?
5 Stocks and no limit time?

TheLake

Smash Master
I vote for 3 stocks/ 8 minutes - If their gonna be filmed

5 stocks is pretty long with no time limit :/ thats just my 3 cents though.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I vote for 3 stocks/ 8 minutes - If their gonna be filmed

5 stocks is pretty long with no time limit :/ thats just my 3 cents though.
I agree with this awesome person. :]

3 stock 8 minutes. With his 3 cents and my 2 cents combined we make a nickel.

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
I want to sign up Lethal Beauty and Ryzen Xia as a team. We're in Illinois.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. I guess we're too late. XD

TheLake

Smash Master
My Friend Code is in my profile for those of you who care. If anyone wants to practice, feel free to PM me or chat in the Zelda Clan's chatbox. Because this spring break, I have very little to do.

TheLake, I'd love to go a few rounds with you.
WHOA! Just realized that this was posted lol! Luthien lets do it!! :chuckle:

Luthien

Smash Ace
WHOA! Just realized that this was posted lol! Luthien lets do it!! :chuckle:
Heck yes! I'll add you and play you any time I see you're on.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. I guess we're too late. XD
You are? I thought we still needed 2 more players. *Checks first post*

Ah, it seems we don't. Hey Zelda_Sheik, can you edit the title to keep me from getting more confused? :dizzy:

Can't wait till the tourney!

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
Darn, I can't keep up with this website anymore, there's a 1/10000 chance of it working. I see that I'm in the tournament though, I'll keep trying to stay updated with this topic as much as I can, if the website decides to load for me..

shadowzero

Smash Cadet
Darn, I can't keep up with this website anymore, there's a 1/10000 chance of it working. I see that I'm in the tournament though, I'll keep trying to stay updated with this topic as much as I can, if the website decides to load for me..
Ugh, you're right, I really hate that. Of all the times I have free time to check up on this topic, the website's always down...>_>

But yeah, I'm looking for a partner as well. I'm probably...really bad, so if anyone doesn't really care how good their partner is, I'll be on the Zelda Chat from time to time ^.^

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
How can this be started if there are missing 11 teams. People (including me), we need to find our teammate. Confirmation up to: April 27. The tournament will officially start the next week after April 27. If there is missing a ? number of teams, then we will start without them. Remember, CONFIRMATION UNTIL APRIL 27.
I'm looking for a teammate also. Ill put videos of how I play this week.

Deception

Smash Ace
How can this be started if there are missing 11 teams. People (including me), we need to find our teammate. Confirmation up to: April 27. The tournament will officially start the next week after April 27. If there is missing a ? number of teams, then we will start without them. Remember, CONFIRMATION UNTIL APRIL 27.
I'm looking for a teammate also. Ill put videos of how I play this week.
A week after the 27th? Sounds good, I just hope Mario Kart Wii doesn't distract me.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if I have a partner right now D:
Oh no.
Oh well, if anyone'd like to go a few rounds, I'll gladly give you my FC.
Just let me know :D

Anyway, I have one question.
Since it's obvious that I'm too lazy to check the first post, I'd like to know if there's going to be Team Attack. That's pretty critical information.
I'll check the first post. If it's not there, could someone please answer this?

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
The thread is dying... I think that there will not be 16 teams but until 27 maybe more will sign up.

S2

Smash Lord
Well I think all the Zelda players are still interested in doing this.

The topic will probably pick up as the date gets closer.

Are we doing this on a specific date, or on a "play your matches before ___ date" and your DQed/lose if you dont?

I know BC did a tourney like that, it turned out good in that you didn't have to dedicate a whole day or two for a tournament. Of course, it does make the whole thing last longer (like a week as opposed to a day or two).

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
eh, i think i'm going to drop out.... i mean, i've been really busy... and i'm going to continue being really busy....

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Super Smash Bro has stopped answering my PMs for about a week.... can i get another partner if there's no response up to april 24 or so?

TheLake

Smash Master
I say all the folks who need a partner say "I". I'll make a big ol list and draw names from a hat to determine pairings. Ill post my results in this thread and all will be well.

What say ye? (;

TheLake

Smash Master
Buuuuump

Ok shadowzero and popsoftown are OFFICALY a team! yay

Bagh me and goodkid cant team. I need partner now again :(

Top Bottom