• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T£AM Tøûrnâm£nT (10 + Teams. PM For Confirmation until April 27)

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. I just suggested random as to make teams fair. It's up to the majority of what people want I guess.

Iris

Smash Ace
Sign me up, I guess. I'll definitely have the game by then, and a big tournament is gonna help me relearn Zelda.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
Check out the First Page.
It sounds like you want to split the group and individual tourneys. Let's try to do one after the other? I say we try to manage the individual one first, and then organize the group.

Plus, 32 or 64 contestants = way too many. Especially if we're going to do this over wifi. I think you should get one more contestant (so we have 20) and split those people up into 5 smaller tourneys.

Zone

Smash Champion
If there isn't enough for the full 32, Why don't we jsut do brackets. And if there is more than 32 we do pools to make it 32, or if there is more than 16 we Do pools to make it 16 people. Say we get 25 people.
That can be broken up into. 5 groups of 5. 3 people from each pool will progress, with one pool having an extra person progress. To make it a little more fair, try not to make 1 pool extremely hard by putting 4 really good players in one pool. The hardest pool with some of the best players, should be the one to have 4 people come out to make it a sweet 16. Then the brackets double elimination can begin. Double elimination because everyone likes knowing they got a second chance.

You know standard tournament style no?

Or are you doing this as one giant pool tournament. where you will literally have to play a set with everyone? That would be one very long tourney >.>

Iris

Smash Ace
I agree with Zone that a 16-person bracket is the best thing to end up with. The only other way it'll work nicely is if you get 32 people, and that probably won't happen, unless you're willing to seed people into the next round.

Anyways, I guess I'm #20, right?

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
I'm still confused on what exactly we're doing.. but for the date, is there anyone that doesn't have the week off for spring break when brawl comes out? That would be.. March 10-14th.

Drake3

Smash Ace
My reading week was last week. But we're not having a tournament as soon as we get the game are we? Cause I'm pretty sure I'll be locked in a room with my friends until the 12th playing Brawl.

Iris

Smash Ace
A weekend is probably the best choice for this. We shouldn't need more than 2 days.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
It'd be awesome to have the tourney the night of March 9th, but I'm sure many aren't up to that.. I guess we'll have to do it on the 15th - 16th?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I think it would only be fair to put everyone's schedules into consideration. I actually wouldn't mind waiting a little bit like say a month or so just so that everyone gets the game, has some time with it, and can get set a date aside to do this thing. :]

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I really think the best date would be the last weekend of March or the first weekend of April. Remember that not all of us are going to play Zelda nonstop. I plan on doing SSE, Events, and unlocking other characters within the first two weeks, and then I'll get serious about Zelda. Now forgive me if I'm the only one like this, but if there are others who are like me, then I think Late March/Early April is the way to go.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
I have no computer 'til weekend so I will not be Online. I actualized the player's list. Now we have to debate the rules and the Date. Look, I'm from Panamá (Latin America). So I will not have the game until maybe March 30 or April. I have the EXAMS at March 30 - April 7. So I can't play until the exams end. When each of you will have a chance to start playing the tournament?.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I have no computer 'til weekend so I will not be Online. I actualized the player's list. Now we have to debate the rules and the Date. Look, I'm from Panamá (Latin America). So I will not have the game until maybe March 30 or April. I have the EXAMS at March 30 - April 7. So I can't play until the exams end. When each of you will have a chance to start playing the tournament?.
I can play right after it releases.. in the US. :D

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
As awesome as this sounds, we have to take into account lag time across large distances, especially with sub-par internet connections.

In any case, if it can happen, I'm all for it!

Count me in! (if I'm not too late)

Zone

Smash Champion
If I don't get it preordered do you think there's a chance I can get it on release? =/
Depends on how well it's loved in your area. Normally young kids don't pre-order, it's normally the teens +.

You can camp out a store before opening.
But i'm sure you can find one.

Supersmashbro125

Smash Apprentice
...(what was i gonna say...)

..................oh yea.since we are doin the tourney on wifi are all going to have to get eachothers friend codes once the game comes out?

Drake3

Smash Ace
If I don't get it preordered do you think there's a chance I can get it on release? =/
That guy...with the Freakazoid avatar (pictures > names) said that his EBGames was cutting off pre-orders, which means they've reached a peak. He also believes the cut-off point is around 250~300 orders. If I were you I'd ask around to see how many pre-orders they currently have. From there you can deduce whether you will be able to get one without pre-ordering.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
Man, I have been dead on smashboards a while... You can put my down here as a participant.

As for rules, why not go for a standard pools -> seeded (double elim) brackets setup. Its already pretty similar to what you have in mind and works great.

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
I would love to be in this tournament if there is still space left. If not an alternate would be fine.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Really? Cause I disagree with you agreeing with that dood agreeing with that other dood.

But I agree with the first dood.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Lolcakez! Thanks guys.

As long as there are no items and we agree on certain stages for random.

After tonight's pre-release tournament, I am not loving items. >_<

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
I agree with darkmusician, no items and we have to hand pick the stages. I don't want to be playing a tourney battle on wario ware while getting hit by curry barrage.

Top Bottom