• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T£AM Tøûrnâm£nT (10 + Teams. PM For Confirmation until April 27)

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
No clue, should be soon. I've concluded that if there is some lag, it screws my game up with zelda. So, i can't guarantee how well i can do.

Zone

Smash Champion
I'd like to still play Doubles.
However, I really don't care for singles.
So could you take me off for singles? I'll stay for Doubles if it's happening.

I love Melee too much.
Sorry >.>;

So much more entertaining to play. I have more fun in training mode in Melee practicing combos/tech skill than I do playing Brawl with human beings. Brawl with items in FFA is kinda fun though, as a party laugh at the randomness game.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Player list refreshed. I have taken out the players that haven't confirmed. Now we have to determine the date of the tournament.

Luthien

Smash Ace
You forgot S2. He signed up onto the waiting list.

Also, I want doubles. I believe I think for Spazn when I say this too.

And I also object to Zone and DM teaming up. I like winning.

Darkmusician

Smash Master

I object to the objection of Zone and DM teaming up because I also like to win. jk

Seriously no Johns.

TheLake

Smash Master
Pssh johns are for squares.

I also say yay to teams. I go solo of course though (yeah im just that freakin tough) and also object to DM teaming with ANYONE ^_^ I too love winning lotz

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Pssh johns are for squares.

I also say yay to teams. I go solo of course though (yeah im just that freakin tough) and also object to DM teaming with ANYONE ^_^ I too love winning lotz
Oh reeeeeally??? Even if I was teamed with say....YOOOOOOU. lolz Crank dat.

But seriously. Zone and I are gonna team up. But remember people, this is wifi as well as teams. Individual skill only goes so far in teams with lag.

Luthien

Smash Ace
But seriously. Zone and I are gonna team up. But remember people, this is wifi as well as teams. Individual skill only goes so far in teams with lag.
Meh. I don't mind losing to you or Zone. I only mind losing to Drake. So yeah, can't wait to play you all!

But to anyone who gets paired with HipsterKid, prepare yourselves. You might be in for a surprise when the match starts...

S2

Smash Lord

Yay, someone saw my post.

Zelda__Sheik please add me!

Yeah, I still want to do this tournament since the player roster appears to still have a few spaces.

I've been playing a lot of Zelda lately, so I'm really looking forward to playing other Zelda's and maybe seeing how my playstyle differs from certain other people.

EDIT: I live in Southern California, since we're giving location.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the mistakes. I have refreshed the list again. It seems that every1 wants this to be a Team Tournament. So, it is one. Now we need to have 3 more players and then we will decide:
How do the teams be distributed? Also we need to know if its gonna be with objects or without.

Luthien

Smash Ace
We sort of make our own teams, I guess. Right now I know for sure that Spazn and I are going together, and DM and Zone are teaming up. Everyone needs to make teams, so you'll need an even number of people for this to work.

Oh, and I think I speak for everyone when I say no items. The lag is a variable enough as it is.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Can i participate in this? I play brawl at my neighbor's house, and spend whole saturdays there. So i could almost almost certainly use his wii to play the tourney if this was on a weekend. He would love to watch.
This is Zelda/Sheik right?

Ooh you live in Panama Zelda_Sheik? I did a report on it and i had a classmate from Panama. And she was so nice. You must be good people.

S2

Smash Lord
Thanks so much for adding me in Zelda_Sheik, I'm really looking forward to this.

So this is team then? Guess I need to find a partner (or is it going to be assigned?).

Please, no items. Items in Brawl are even more broken then in Melee. I'm voting against them anyways, why not just stick with the tournament regulars of no items and neutral/counterpick stages?

Also, I think it should be clarified if we are allowed to play as Sheik or not since this is a Zelda tourney. I'm cool with just playing the princess, but something should be determined. Especially since someone somewhere is going to turn into Sheik on accident. How do we handle that? Since the amount of lag usually gurantees a free hit and you have to transform twice to get back to Zelda.

In a live tournament you'd have to play as Sheik until a safe moment to transform back (or eat the hit, but since you probably took 1 for the 1st transformation, who wants to do that), but if its supposed to be Zelda only then how do you regulate when a Sheik transformation is accidental or on purpose.

Anyways, I think that should at least be discussed.

Deception

Smash Ace
This is teams now? Okay, I'm cool with that. I'll team up anyone that asks me first.

I say no items, too, there even more cheap then they were in Melee.

This really should be Zelda only, but if someone transforms accidentally, we should give them a second to change back to be fair, unless they start attacking as Sheik.

Luthien

Smash Ace
This really should be Zelda only, but if someone transforms accidentally, we should give them a second to change back to be fair, unless they start attacking as Sheik.
Hmm... I say if they transform by accident, attack or let them change back based on your ethics. Stopping the flow of the game doesn't seem right, but I think we should just let what happens happen. Do what you want, I'll probably cut them some slack. Unless it's Drake.

However, I think that there should be a Sheik time limit of 15 seconds or something... should we use the Wifi Wars format and have battles 2 stock and 3 minutes, so that matches can be recorded to prevent stuff like this? I dunno, just a thought. 2 stock leaves too much room for fluke if you ask me.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
It seems that I'm the person with the most lag because I'm in Panama lol. Every1 else is in U.S or Canada.
About items, then no items. About the teams, then everyone can choose their teammate. If it is confirmed, then 1 of the teammate PM so I can be sure that both teammates are participating. I'm pretty sure that the tournament will start on April or May. About the ZELDA/SHEIK thing, it is only Zelda. If you transform ACCIDENTLY to Sheik, then you should try to change back to Zelda. And about what popsofctown said, yes you can participate in the tournament but you need to specify your location and yes, many people of here are nice people, but others ... And yes, I consider myself a good person. :D

Zone

Smash Champion
1.)Pick Teamates
2.) No Items
3.) I don't care if shiek is allowed or not :D
(If Shiek is banned: I say if you mess up and change to shiek. And take a free hit. You'll have to take another one.) Change back asap. It's your own fault if you messed up and Down+B'd, take your punishment, like a girl scout. Besides your partner can defend you while u change back.

TheLake

Smash Master
1) Teams should be random cause that'd just be the beezneez
2.) No items, final destination! (heh i had to say it...but seriously no items)
3.) Im down with shiek for teams. I think it looks really cool. Only 2 shieks out at a time though, one per team. Also are we still doing singles? If so there should obviously be no shiek in that regard. If shieks banned then I agree with zone.

S2

Smash Lord
At this point picking a partner would basically be like throwing the dice, since I doubt many people who've signed up have even played each other before.

Anyway, if anyone feels confident in their Zelda then PM me and we'll partner. I play Zelda a lot, did in Melee as well, and am pretty darn good with her (although I don't claim to be the best).

EDIT: I've got a partner now, so please don't PM me about. Unless of course you want to play friendlies, then I'm always open to that.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I only care about 2 things.

1. No items
2. Pick your own partner. I firmly believe in discussing strategy beforehand.

TheLake

Smash Master
Darkmusician has spoken.

There will be NO items of any kind and partners shall be chosen! And of course none of us have fought each other before *glares at DM, Impp (wherever he is), and soon to be Mow* Zelda dittos are as rare as they come. But nothings more rare then divine beauty eh? EH?!

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Ok. No items and we will pick our own partner. Now, we need to choose our teammate. Start choosing and PM for confirmation of the team.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Darkmusician has spoken.

There will be NO items of any kind and partners shall be chosen! And of course none of us have fought each other before *glares at DM, Impp (wherever he is), and soon to be Mow* Zelda dittos are as rare as they come. But nothings more rare then divine beauty eh? EH?!
I guess it also depends who plays in your area, but they definitely are few and far in-between.

It's very refreshing because I'm already seeing more people use Zelda in Hawaii. Especially in teams. Overall Hawaii is getting very good. ^.^

And yeah...Zone and myself will team. Because I trust Zone as a more than capable doubles partner (especially with Zelda). And cause I've always wanted to team with him. :]

popsofctown

Smash Champion
My location is Madison, Alabama.

If we are going full tilt and doing no items and only super-neutral stages, then i think the rules should have absolutely no gray areas. Though that's harsh, that would mean no freebies for accident switches.
Remember that the transformation for getting back to Zelda will probably be shorter than usual, because there will be three Zeldas on the field.

Zone

Smash Champion
DM + Zone Team ftw.

I guess i should start practicing in lag. To get a better feel for it >.>'; Cuz I was sucking my first time at it. Running into people's smash attacks. I also gotta get out of the C-stick habit lol. It was good in melee but it's so unresponsive in brawl.

TheLake

Smash Master
No doubt there...well alrighty guess im partner shopping! Any of you zeldas care to tango with the soon to be best dark zelda ey? (;

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Awesome this is teams now. Totally looking forward to this. I guess I should like practice or something.

S2

Smash Lord
I can't wait for this thing. Do we have a start date yet?

Also, is this going to be a 1 day tournament, or one where we play matches over a couple days at scheduled times?

Anyway, can't wait.

Top Bottom