• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swine Flu! Mexico city

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
I kinda wish it would come to my state so they'd shut down the schools.

Does that make me a bad person?

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Ochobobo: I approve of that image.

Also, concerning the swine flu itself, I've heard that it causes one's immune system to overreact, making it more dangerous to young adults and middle-aged people. Anyone know more about this, whether it's true, and why?

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Y2k remember what happened.....**** thats what! Besides most of those darn theorizes are wrong, heck the Maya calender was mistranslated.

Everyone just has to take care of themselves and it should be fine. It is bad in Mexico because it has spread and mutated more over there.

srry mayan calendar not mistranslated but thats besides the point they didnt say the world would end in 2012 just Big Changes will happen ......

and also this flu is spreading and it targets healthy People which is odd in its own way.. but dont be too alramed once the U.S starts getting more people infected ..... its the way a flu is ..

so watchout healthy people!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Horatio's so badass he wears two pairs of sunglasses. And makes the best puns.

slave1

Smash Lord
i just got a flier from my school that warns about swine flue. te he. luckily i will be getting out of school here soon. and i guess people here in utah are hygienic so no cases here.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
srry mayan calendar not mistranslated but thats besides the point they didnt say the world would end in 2012 just Big Changes will happen ......
I blame my incorrect source.

Well anyway, all the teachers at my school got an email to check if any students have any type of symptoms or appears sick. Swine Flu and all that stuff. Everyone is pretty healthy were I am right now.

slave1

Smash Lord
wow mexico needs to be able to control their natural disasters, like Americas government controls theirs. since we have the technology to do so... te he

madagascar closes its port
yay... madagascar? i guess. its like how Jerusalem closed their borders in the World War Z book.

will zombies come of this? swine zombie flu virus. that sounds nasty

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Despite the fact my school/town doesn't have any apperant swine flu cases, a few neighboring towns around us has closed school and ours is worrying that we may do the same. My school's being pretty concerend about washing hands and not touching others etc.

As happy as I am that i'm most likely in the clear, it's still a little frightining to know it's still out there, even if the casualties are low at the moment.

slave1

Smash Lord
i wonder when they are going to start shutting things down in salt lake.

lucky for the gov and every one else, most schools are beginning to end so this virus actually is showing up at a reasonable time.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
lucky for the gov and every one else, most schools are beginning to end so this virus actually is showing up at a reasonable time.
Yea, all the lucky ones anyway, my school's supposed to get out on June 23. And if my school closes for the swine flu, that means we'll get out even later.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Britain is now at Threat Level 5. The highest is 6. Lol, if it gets there all schools will be closed.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
There was a reported case in my county.

Williamson, I dunno if it is even on the news or anything but some kid at a very nearby school reported it. They are running cultures now, but it looks like he will have it; they are closing the school he attends for quite some time.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The flu was reported to be in the city above mine and five of the students had it so they closed the whole district there.

It sucks because if it continues down to where I live then we are going to have to close our schools
and that would mean we would have to have school in the summer

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't know why you guys are talking about going to school in the summer if your current ones close. It's pretty obvious that if your schools close then it's because your town is infected and you'll all be dead before Summer

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I don't know why you guys are talking about going to school in the summer if your current ones close. It's pretty obvious that if your schools close then it's because your town is infected and you'll all be dead before Summer
I'm not sure what kind of person this makes me, but I laughed at this xD

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
The only good thing about this disease is that ice cream shops are giving out "Buy 1 get one free" promos.
Swine related, or just good timing?

Only our private school has it. They can't spread it because they all have fancy cars and only breathe canned air.

>_>

I'm not sure what kind of person this makes me, but I laughed at this xD
I am ashamed for you.

Top Bottom