• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swine Flu! Mexico city

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Swine Flu

O my poor Mexico, to slow was it's response to this possible Global Pandemic. Dear god most of my family is over there. They even closed the soccer stadiums and even the catholic church has stopped Sunday Mass in Mexico City. A vaccine would take months at best :(. Curse you disgusting Pigs. I am sure I am not the only one that has seen all these articles the past few weeks. I used the search button and so far this the only thread about it. At first they thought it was late flu season. SO far it seems most of the population does not have an immune system against this virus. As it is animal to human gene stuff >_>

so far it is in California, Ohio, NY, Kansas and Texas

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
Swine Flu

O my poor Mexico, to slow was it's response to this possible Global Pandemic. Dear god most of my family is over there. They even closed the soccer stadiums and even the catholic church has stopped Sunday Mass in Mexico City. A vaccine would take months at best :(. Curse you disgusting Pigs. I am sure I am not the only one that has seen all these articles the past few weeks. I used the search button and so far this the only thread about it. At first they thought it was late flu season. SO far it seems most of the population does not have an immune system against this virus. As it is animal to human gene stuff >_>
man, that suks. and i just caught a cold just now.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Yeah this is interesting because I just caught one as well. Although it's mainly a sore throat and it's going away:-p.

My step dad however, looks pretty bad:|.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I was reading about this. Apparently, it's more dangerous to younger, healthier people, which does not make me happy. Apparently, it makes your immune system overreact, which can apparently cause death. I don't know my biology, but that's what I read. Luckily, I'm far from anywhere it'll get to anytime soon, but if it goes pandemic, that would be not good. But hopefully everyone in Mexico's okay.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
I was reading about this. Apparently, it's more dangerous to younger, healthier people, which does not make me happy. Apparently, it makes your immune system overreact, which can apparently cause death. I don't know my biology, but that's what I read. Luckily, I'm far from anywhere it'll get to anytime soon, but if it goes pandemic, that would be not good. But hopefully everyone in Mexico's okay.
yikes. im 17, and i am very healthy. i rarely caught major diseses like flu, chicken pox, etc i guess this is it, teeman and the flu

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
New York City has been confirmed with the virus. It is best to refrain from shaking hands, or visiting large crowded areas such as the subway. California already has it.....>_> crap. Also almost all symptoms are flu like. Last time I check it makes your throat seal up <_<.

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
yeah its pretty bad... my grandmas had flu like symptoms for the past month we think it might be swine flu cause she was in mexico recently glad someone finally posted about this

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
its weird...shes saying theres people in florida who have it too 2 cases already doesn't seem big right now but they really need a vaccine fast

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I live in San Diego, which is right above the border. Now I'm scared Im gonna get it :c

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
its best...there are already talks of a pandemic i dont thats likely the virus is spreading fast enough well see in about a month or so

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
it started to mexico and its spreading slowly across the us
It was supposed that someone from Asia gave it to someone from the U.S. who came here (Mexico) and then it started to spread

Just 1 of the many theories out there.

The virus is also a combination from pig, bird & human flu or so I heard.

It's pretty ridiculous that we're gonna lose that many classes considering all the important tests that we have to take since those will decide our future.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I heard 6 people from NYC died from the swine flu already. Man thats so scary
As far as I know, there have been no deaths in the US so far from the swine flu. It seems that the strain that made it up here is weaker than that in Mexico, but only time will tell.

Until we know more, I'm concerned, but we have to stay calm.

highfive

Smash Lord
It's pretty bad. I've been listening to the news about this and it seems that the airports are double checking people for early symptoms. I also saw the soccer game from which people weren't allowed to attend due to the high amount of people touching each other. I realized that it's serious after seeing some dudes run around without a single cheer for them. You could actually hear what the two teams were saying to each other. That never happens. I hope this gets cleared out soon. Rooting for that vaccine that should be up in about 6 weeks. Stay sharp and make sure you know the early symptoms of this thing. Don't stay in the dark.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Man it's getting horrible, there was a case in Queens. NY >__> Let's just pray nothing breaks out too bad...

highfive

Smash Lord
If it does use the special blue air filtering masks they sell at Home Depot, Lowes or any other places that sells paint product. And don't use things like the subway or airplanes if you can. And don't get into the elevator with the big sweaty guy with the ketchup stain on his gray sweats. He means trouble, and plenty of it.

highfive

Smash Lord
Really? Huh. Up here in Idaho the superintendent (sp?) is a psycho little old lady who wouldn't cancel school when there was snow covering up cars in some areas. We aren't getting doodley squat, death flu or not. I suppose it's also because Idaho's air is a bit cleaner than most states since it's an agricultural stat rather than an industrial. Plus we have very few students.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
It's not as bad as some are making it out to be, it's just spreading real fast. Fatality rate in mexico is under 6.6% currently, and of the 20 reported cases in the US, there have only been 2 hospitalizations and no fatalities (all have recovered).

slave1

Smash Lord
It's not as bad as some are making it out to be, it's just spreading real fast. Fatality rate in mexico is under 6.6% currently, and of the 20 reported cases in the US, there have only been 2 hospitalizations and no fatalities (all have recovered).
yeah i dont think anyone read that article at the beginning. they said most of the danger is to small children and elderly. but it sounds like a quick spreading flu thing. and the mortality rate is way small. so don't be freaking out. bird flue is scarier than this stuff.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
wow =/

i REALLY hope i don't catch it.
i'm in san diego

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
i am from mexico !

but not from the center(the begining of this)

TODAY Schools closes,movie theathers closed,restaurant closed

and you cant kiss on the mouth or have contact with the hand.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
i am from mexico !

but not from the center(the begining of this)

TODAY Schools closes,movie theathers closed,restaurant closed

and you cant kiss on the mouth or have contact with the hand.
wow not to be rude but that really sucks.

Sounds like quarantine to me.

If I were you I would I would go watch movies till i was bored and keep watching them

till I was even more bored than before

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yeah, I'm glad to be up in Canada.

But... Toronto is one of the most multicultural cities in the world.

For SARS alone, we had 420 reported cases, and 44ish deaths...

****!...

Argh. Clean up and sanitize your d@mn animals...

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Yeah; I heard about this.

How many new viruses will come before we find a universal cure?

there is no universal cure for a virus ... pandemics come and go for each generation

1918 the spanish Flu .. which killed 50-60 million people it started out in the U.S but didnt originate from here ....

later on in 1957?? another flu came out that no vaccine was ready yet and killed 2 million people ..

And so far this generations hasnt had a big pandemic and most scientist say that we are due for another big outbreak soon..

A virus is something that cant be killed off so easily but it vaccines can be found for the Certain Strain of the virus I.E The flu... a virus adapts and evolves .. to become a different strain which becomes immune to the previous vaccine ..

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
wow not to be rude but that really sucks.

Sounds like quarantine to me.

If I were you I would I would go watch movies till i was bored and keep watching them

till I was even more bored than before

same dude

when i come to my house , i think i can go to movies but some friend tell me on msn
Friend: dude movies are closed!
me: WTF

i m thinkin i get bored this 2 weeks :(

i am gonna play some thing.. or go to my friends house..

**** u pigs!!!

Top Bottom