• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swine Flu! Mexico city

Rang3

is being watched
Mass hysteria is not needed, at least not to those of us in the states, yet.

149 have died in Mexico but none in any other country its been reported. There are around 300 possible cases in other countries, and 2,000 more cases in Mexico. It seems to me that it's concerning enough that it needs to be monitored, but not yet at the point of saying that we could face major death tolls in developed countries. What's worrying though, is the situation in Mexico itself, I have friends down there myself.

Mewter

Smash Master
Shoot, California? New York too? Europe also? Darn, this thing is everywhere....
Personally, it might not be that big, but I still don't want to catch it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
My teacher was telling me that the whole of the san Antonio schools were closed today because of 3 cases.

Anyway, I feel really bad because I lived in Mexico City 9 years, and im hopping all my friends and such are OK, especially one that could never not be sick:( Im really sad......

Anyone know someone close that has this flu?

Zip.

Smash Lord
i said this in another thread talking about the flu, but ill say it here as well i guess..
*is scared* :(

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
After recovering from my third respiratory infection this year, I'm not really in the mood for a stupid swine flu :mad:.

I doubt this thing will transform into a new Spanish flu, but I can understand why it's so important to attempt containing it. That thing killed more people than WWI.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
After recovering from my third respiratory infection this year, I'm not really in the mood for a stupid swine flu :mad:.

I doubt this thing will transform into a new Spanish flu, but I can understand why it's so important to attempt containing it. That thing killed more people than WWI.
It is harder to contain pandemics this day and age, mostly because the so many possible ways it can travel now! It shouldn't be to big if people are clean like me.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
dont get freaked out guys it is a flu but remember That not everyone who gets it will die...

i recently got sick too

funny thing is it was about the same day this swine flu was discovered. The thing is mine developed from first a stuffy nose, next day it was sore throat and stuffy nose, and the next day it was sore throat,coughing,stuffy nose, fever headache..etc... butt thats just standard stuff and now im back to stuffy and really minor cause...

just saying it wont kill everyone .. so dont get to scared of it

Geist

Smash Master
Does this seem like just another one of those "next bane of human existance" type things that keep popping up all the time, or is it just me?

They always kill a few people, scare the p*ss out of everyone, and then dissapear and then no one cares anymore. Most of the time this sort of stuff only harms people with poor immune systems, or unhealthy living styles. As of April 24, there are less than 200 cases of Swine flu in the U.S. 90% recovered, the other 10% being people over the age of 65...The flu kills three hundred to five hundred thousand people a year. I don't understand what people get worked up about. Someone fill me in about why this is such a big thing.

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
Does this seem like just another one of those "next bane of human existance" type things that keep popping up all the time, or is it just me?

They always kill a few people, scare the p*ss out of everyone, and then dissapear and then no one cares anymore. Most of the time this sort of stuff only harms people with poor immune systems, or unhealthy living styles. As of April 24, there are less than 200 cases of Swine flu in the U.S. 90% recovered, the other 10% being people over the age of 65...The flu kills three hundred to five hundred thousand people a year. I don't understand what people get worked up about. Someone fill me in about why this is such a big thing.
Way more people die from drunk driving.
But this is OBVIOUSLY more important. Seriously, swine flu is a "Hollywood pandemic." This little break out will end in two months, and nobody will fear it. Chill out, and start preventing stuff that might actually cause damage. (DRUNK DRIVING)

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Uhh, you guys realise that the Spanish Flu killed around 60 million people worldwide?

There's very good reason to be worried about this virus. Not that I support panicking about it.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
RUN TO THE HILLS!!!

This calls for Dr. Stiles from Trauma Center. He's handled stuff like this before.

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
not good...the flus made its way to my home state (nj) not surprising considering how close we are to ny but still i need to be more careful now and dr stiles needs to take care of zombie cancer first...

Skrah

Smash Ace
Don't be. Seriously people are becoming paranoid right now.

If you take your precautions you should be safe. Just don't go to public enclosed spaces like clubs or restaurants, and do NOT travel by plane.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
No one really cares, or is bothered were I am. Even though it is getting closer to my area. But nah we have bigger troubles then some simple swine flu :mad:, and those troubles are to get rid of that annoying bug killing our vineyards

smash64

Smash Champion
that is true but still there are so many stuff that to goverment are doing that ppl dont even know about, if you go to youtube and look at this guy videos you will be surprice of the thing we dont realize here is the link for those ppl that are interested in whats happening today http://www.youtube.com/user/Earthlasthope

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Don't be. Seriously people are becoming paranoid right now.

If you take your precautions you should be safe. Just don't go to public enclosed spaces like clubs or restaurants, and do NOT travel by plane.
lol I work in a restaurant xD

Yay!

-___-

Scott!

Smash Lord
Well, just be clean, and get help if you feel sick at all. Play it safe, but don't lock yourself in your basement. It doesn't look too scary yet, so unless it evolves into something worse, it shouldn't be too bad. As long as you're smart about it, you're good.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Swine flu doesn't have that ring to it like 'avian bird flu'. It feels like there's something missing. ___ swine flu. Or swine ____ flu...

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
wanna know whats funny theres 66 cases in 6 states across the us what do you get when you put those numbers together...it seems that the flu is definitely picking up tho sucks about that baby dying he never head a chance... im not religious or anything just think its kinda ironic

zrky

Smash Lol'd
wanna know whats funny theres 66 cases in 6 states across the us what do you get when you put those numbers together...it seems that the flu is definitely picking up tho sucks about that baby dying he never head a chance... im not religious or anything just think its kinda ironic
that isweird 0_o

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Lol people are so stupid... this is not a big deal at all the common flu should be more of a concern.

Top Bottom