• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF member voted tier list

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
+1 bowser
-1 ness

All that matters :p

-1 sonic

because he should be at the bottom of mid.

I'll only vote 3 to keep it simple.

EDIT: yeah, that's the one :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

Browny

Smash Hater
Bowser -1
Ness +1
PT +1
Captain Falcon +1
thats your 4th vote in a row with ness +1 bowser -1 and as such i am not going to include it.

I realise i forgot to add this note to the OP but I have posted it multiple times throughout this thread (will add now) but Im not going to allow blatantly obvious bias to exist here

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Peach +1

Marth -1
Zero Suit Samus -1
Zelda -1

I'm having trouble making my votes now, this is coming along very well.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Guess it's time to separate people into tiers. I'll do it myself, even though I feel that some characters are equally as good/bad. :/

Martha +1

C.Falcon -1
Link -1 Was a tough choice, it was either the guy who couldn't recover or the floating sandbag.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
all ima say is that if bowser were good, people would be doing things with him...
Bowser isn't played at tournaments due to several reasons: An unwinnable matchup that's very common at tournaments (De3), people assuming he's bad. He's on the lower end of mid tier, and thus he can't win a tournament alone - especially not with De3's (and ICs') infinite. He's too good, though, to be played in a Low Tier tournament. Add the fact he's not as easy to pick up as other Mid/Low Tiers such as Ike or Luigi, and then you have a character nobody is willing to play as.

Zelda/Sheik +1
Wolf +1
Diddy +1

Bowser -1

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
I am still wondering why people such as Bowser,Luigi, and Mario are not going up, when DK is still high. :/

All I gots to do is slowly move my Controller to D3, and they switch on me XD.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Donkey Kong if he didn't get infinited by D3 is actually a pretty d*** decent character, noly thing he's missing is a projectile and he would be set, but that's tough seeing as how the worst thing he has is probably his uhm...

Nah screw it, his whole moveset is pretty much set-forth, whereas the other characters who get buttraped by D3 are only... decent at best/have problems, Mario for example uhm... has a DTilt that is about as useful as unplugging my controller when I'm trying to recover, Luigi has bad traction, and Bowser is a rather nice target for combo attacks.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
De3 victims as topic now? Cool
DK is a good character because his playstyle can be played properly. DK has tools for approaching, and enough range and power to get along without having a projectile. If DK wouldn't be infinited, he'd be represented far more.

Luigi is actually pretty good. He would need more range or priority, and his projectile could be slightly better, but overall I'd say Luigi is a great character, especially with his ridiculous NAir and his combo abilities.

Bowser's moveset is actually wrong done. Bowser has a defensive playstyle, however, he lacks a projectile to actually enforce that defensive playstyle. Bowser has to approach at half of the cast, and approaching puts him into a disadvantageous position, thus making him vulnerable. If Bowser had a projectile to enfore approaches, he'd be High Tier.

Mario... I don't have much experience with him, but... He actually is a very balanced character. The problem is that so many other characters are excellent or good, resulting in the average being Low Tier instead of Mid Tier. Funny enough, I think that the game is oddly balanced except for the worst 6 characters (Lucas, Samus, Link, Jiggs, Ganon and Falcon).

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The Mario brothers (and Samus who is in the same boat) can mash out of King Dedede's infinite up to at least 130%. It's really not that big of a deal. The main effect is that they take extra damage when he grabs them which does hurt, but it's not a game ender for them like it stands to be for Donkey Kong and, to an extent, Bowser. With them, I can only think "well, that's only 1/36 matchups...".

Also, my experiences with Mario suggest to me that he's really horrible; he has just about the worst kind of disadvantage to have in Brawl (awful range) without having any real compensating strengths (whatever strengths he does have are easily canceled out by his horrible recovery, serious kill move trouble, and extra weakness to King Dedede chaingrabs). I also just don't think it's true that he has actual combo or gimping ability like the Mario mains say; you pretty much have to be able to hound opponents like mad over the ledge to gimp in this game (see Meta Knight) which someone with only one midair jump just plain can't do, and given that true combos are just not a major part of this game, I really doubt Mario is an exception. I wouldn't put him above Lucas, Link, or Jigglypuff, and I'm not sure if he's better than Samus (it seems close to me). I actually would agree that the game has good balance, and I'd draw the line at the bottom four instead of six (Mario, Samus, Ganon, Captain Falcon). I see random low tiers do well all the time; it's just kinda what happens in my region. It makes it hard to see the game as imbalanced.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Doesn't Wolf float on the same boat as Bowser?

I still find it hopeless for Mario or Weegee or Samus to try and fight D3.

AAAAAAND I don't Mario is really that bad, but I don't really care enough to argue/ I don't know Mario in-depth kinda.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I thought a walking CG on Wolf leads straight into his ledge infinite?

He does have one... doesn't he?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
What's with all the Link hate. He's definitely better then Ganon and Captain Falcon.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I could say the same about Bowser, but Bowser is the worst character in the game, so it's all good.
Oh for f***'s sake your whining is really starting to sound like a nagging housewife, just stop already, nobody will take you seriously if you act like this.

Always Ultra works wonders you know.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
o_O

I dunno if I should find that kinda cute or be grossed out. But in the very least, it confuses me.
Cute? Since when did anything about me fit that description? Lol.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Dedede - 1
Marth - 1

Zelda/Sheik + 1
Pokemon Trainer + 1

I feel Marth is a tad overrated (not by much though), and Dedede has a fair share of disadvantaged matchups to be where he is at the moment.

Zelda/Sheik are much much higher than what they are IMO, especially with the ease at which they perform their roles of killing/damaging respectively. Ptrainer is like this too, only the fatigue hurts him ^^

That's my reasoning behind my choices xD

Browny

Smash Hater
wolf, ic, diddy +1
samus -1

k updated.... and its as i thought, 29 movements. It cant keep on doing this twice per day lol or it just starts to look silly with so many votes going all over the place. this thread is getting wayyyy more attention that I ever thought it would. I figured the user blogs would be a good place to hide it >_>

so its now

3 VOTES PER PERSON PER UPDATE

I should never have to go any lower than this though :)

BTW you can stop voting MK up now, and start bringing all the other high tiers up to fill the void rofl, voting them down is just pointless at the moment

----

and does anyone know where wolf used to be... i accidentally screwed up while moving his picture and i lost it >_< I think it was rank 12 (moved up to 13) but idk

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Pokemon Trainer +1
Ness +1
Mario -1

I wanted to vote up a few high tier guys, but with only three votes I had to focus on some lower guys.

Top Bottom