• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Zelda

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
Bad. Idea.

Naryu's is way too laggy.

(Too bad perfect shielding doesn't exist online. -_-)
Not if he is far enough away, which he will be if he uses ^B as an attack. And the egg will go right back to him, so if he trys to run up to you it could hit him. It has worked in my expirences, but like I said I haven't fought any really good Yoshis.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Surely that depends on how good the connections of the players are? Just saying...
Wifi, iirc, has a minimum of 6-7 frames of button lag, so considering you need to be within 4 frames to perfect shield.....

It's **** hard. Unless you have good prediction. Not impossible, but it's really hard for most people to do it consistently, especially if your connection isn't godly.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Bad. Idea.

Naryu's is way too laggy.

(Too bad perfect shielding doesn't exist online. -_-)
Not if he is far enough away, which he will be if he uses ^B as an attack. And the egg will go right back to him, so if he trys to run up to you it could hit him. It has worked in my expirences, but like I said I haven't fought any really good Yoshis.
still not really worth it cause Yoshi can avoid the returning egg, and most distances hes gonna do it you should be ready to avoid the follow up jaws of doom.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Thats where most of Zelda's matchups are once you get passed like high B tier isnt it?
Zelda's matchups are bad for a D tier. It's not that she has more bad matchups, but that her bad matchups are generally worse in comparison.

My general opinion about matchups look like this. And these are fairly optimistic at that.

S Tier
Meta Knight = Death
Snake = **** Sandwich
Wario = Lots of Poo
Falco = Poo
Diddy = Poo
Dedede = Evenish

A Tier
Marth = Lots of Poo
Gdub = Death
Pikachu = Poo
Olimar = Death
Ice Climbers = Evenish
ROB = Evenish
Kirby = Evenish

B Tier
Lucario = Evenish
ZSS = Poo
Toon Link = Poo
Pit = Poo
DK = Poo

C Tier
Peach = Lots of Poo
Luigi = Evenish
Fox = Poo
Wolf = Poo
Sonic = Evenish
Sheik = Evenish

D Tier
Bowser = Yay!
Zelda = lolwut?
Pokemon Trainer (overall) = Evenish
Charizard = Evenish
Ivysaur = Yay!
Squirtle = Evenish
Ike = Evenish

E Tier
Lucas = Evenish
Mario = Evenish
Ness = Evenish
Yoshi = Evenish
Samus = Evenish

F Tier
Jiggs = Yay!
Captain Falcon = Yay!
Link = Yay!
Ganondorf = Yay!

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Soooooo... I have really bad news for azn. I lost to vato, so if he beats air, he gets to fight a third yoshi...

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Zelda's matchups are bad for a D tier. It's not that she has more bad matchups, but that her bad matchups are generally worse in comparison.

My general opinion about matchups look like this. And these are fairly optimistic at that.
I mostly agree, except for...

Dedede = Evenish
Maybe this is just me, but I always thought this was 60:40 Zelda.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I recommend we change from our former number ratios to Mr. Eh's system of wording xD

zeldspazz

Smash Master
If that's your honest opinion, you need to play better spacies, lol.
I sorta understand Wolf, but why Foxes? Is it simply cus it causes us to approach? I dont play spacies much except Falco so I really wouldnt know I guess.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Is it simply cus it causes us to approach?
Simply???

Being forced to approach + Zelda's complete lack of safe approaches = ....really bad, lol.

Plus his lasers a) refresh his other moves (like that godly usmash) and b) add on damage -- not a huge amount, but it adds up, and Zelda is light, floaty, and dies early...... to that godly usmash.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Simply???

Being forced to approach + Zelda's complete lack of safe approaches = ....really bad, lol.

Plus his lasers a) refresh his other moves (like that godly usmash) and b) add on damage -- not a huge amount, but it adds up, and Zelda is light, floaty, and dies early...... to that godly usmash.
By simply I meant "is the answer the obvious one" I was seeing if there was more than 1 reason, which you gave me.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Gotcha. Basically, though, any MU where Zelda's decisively forced to approach can be put in the "poo" category.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Alright, sorry guys but I lost 2-1 to kimchi.

Tried my best but I SD'd at 20% the last game, lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Fox isn't that bad. Considering he doesn't have a ton of range like Wolf does, if Zelda gets into that fsmash range she can do a lot of nasty things to Fox. Also the usmash isn't that big of a deal as it seems because Foxs' only reliable setup into the move(dair) is not a very good idea against Zelda. He also is incredibly light and Zelda has just as much kill power as Fox. As long as you don't space like s*** on his shield there is no reason he should be hitting you with a frame 8 move OoS more than once or twice a match......especially if you're being careful at high percents like you should be.

Wolf just gets ***** by dsmash, if you have any sense of edgeguarding at all he shouldnt be getting back from a dsmash at high percents. Wolf just has a ton of range which makes it very difficult to land hits on him at times. He also has a great damage racking game with his jabs, dthrow, and his AC bair/fair.

Wolf is harder than Fox imo primarily due to the range factor and aerial movement. Both of them aren't defensive monsters however so I don't see the approaching issue as that big of a deal.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Links are also doing well so far.

At least there'll be Zelda dittos in the losers bracket, right guys?

Top Bottom