• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Zelda

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Zeldas. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This sounds like a good idea. I like to think my Zelda is somewhat decent, but there is the problem of the fact that I'm on a different continent. lol. In any case, I'd probably be happy to fill in if you need some spots.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
oh gawd I haven't played competatively in a while; I mean, I USED to be pretty good, but probably not as much anymore ^_^ . And I've met literally zero competative zeldas so . . . I will vote for no-one ATM ^_^

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
NL and DM are the only ones everyone knows, so maybe the rest of us can have a play-off? In any case I want in if possible.
I agree with this.

Ryoko used to be pretty hot stuff... does he still play?

I'll compete for one of the other spots though ^_^

D

Deleted member

I hope i dont play any good zeldas, not that anyone good plays zelda :p
I dont like this matchup

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Ryoko... well you likely won't see too many videos of Ryoko's Brawl Zelda except against Magus, Ankoku, and maybe a few others, but they're around the net. Search RyokoYaksa on Youtube and you may find some stuff. He uses a lot of Sheik as well so if you can't find any specifically titled Zelda try looking at his Sheik videos. He tends to play for prolonged periods of time with both.

In my opinion, he has a playstyle that works a lot different from DarkM's playstyle. It's kinda cool because you can watch the two of them and learn some things from both. Then of course there's Ninjalink who is just... Ninjalink.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
If there are spots I guess I could go, I just dont have experience in the tourny environment, although I like the playoff idea to decide spots.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
some people, like ~Ai~ who used to be around here are just really well versed at wifi... we should probably see who does best with wifi, not necessarily who's normally best.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I used to be really good with Zelda online. I'm still decent but not as good D=

I'll still challenge for a spot. And if we get enough people that want to play in this then I'd be willing to host a small Zelda tourney to help decide

lil cj

Smash Lord
Imo a Zelda player has a good chance of winning this thing,
Zelda is one of the best low tiers.
Along with Lucas, Mario, and PT
So using down b is not allowed huh??:(

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I called it interesting because it has a certain implication beneath what he's saying.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I suggest we first decide who should be in the tournament in any case and find out whether they can/want to participate. After that the remain spots could be decided by holding a small Wifi tournament over them just like somebody already suggested. (I think it was powuh_of_PIE)

What if you accidentally use Down B?
It's up to the organisers, but I'd guess they either make you fold that match, lose that stock or to instantly transform back and accept whatever punishment you take because of it. (I personally think the last one would be the best option)

lol

"Screw Bowser, you're representing Zelda now!"

Half-Split Soul
Wait WHAAA?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I suggest we first decide who should be in the tournament in any case and find out whether they can/want to participate. After that the remain spots could be decided by holding a small Wifi tournament over them just like somebody already suggested. (I think it was powuh_of_PIE)

It's up to the organisers, but I'd guess they either make you fold that match, lose that stock or to instantly transform back and accept whatever punishment you take because of it. (I personally think the last one would be the best option)

lol

"Screw Bowser, you're representing Zelda now!"

Wait WHAAA?
That does seem to be the best choice of action. Since he said there's five spots maybe the five spot can be dedicatedto the Wifi tourney and the remaining four can be selected thru us. I still stand by my selection minus ninjalink since he don't play Wifi.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Since he said there's five spots maybe the five spot can be dedicatedto the Wifi tourney and the remaining four can be selected thru us.
I don't think we can reach a consensus about four people who definitely should be in the tourney, more like maybe 2 or 3 are decided and the remaining spots are given to tournament participants starting from the winner and going down the placings.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I don't think we can reach a consensus about four people who definitely should be in the tourney, more like maybe 2 or 3 are decided and the remaining spots are given to tournament participants starting from the winner and going down the placings.
Hell I don't even think we can get an agreement one on person when we got people like marsalus running around who doesn't even think Dark M should be in the tourney.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Hell I don't even think we can get an agreement one on person when we got people like marsalus running around who doesn't even think Dark M should be in the tourney.
Ok, really dont like being rude, but do you even think about your posts before your submit them?

sasook

Smash Champion
That does seem to be the best choice of action. Since he said there's five spots maybe the five spot can be dedicatedto the Wifi tourney and the remaining four can be selected thru us. I still stand by my selection minus ninjalink since he don't play Wifi.
In the future, could you narrow down what it is you're responding to in the quote? He said like 5 things in that message, and you were only responding to one of them, but you quoted the entire message anyway. It makes it a bit harder to understand at first.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
you guys can take who eva you want
we all know mario is the beast of the low tiers

how ever i would nominate darkmusician and ninjalink lol^^
dunno how good darkmusician is at wifi but ninjalink will definetly get far

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I think a playoff or Wifi tournament would be best to decide who gets to play there's no way we will reach a consensus agreement.

Top Bottom