• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Zelda

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
don't even bother looking for moral support in the social thread, you disgraceful bunch of losers.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Did most of the Bowsers make it through the first round?

Wifi is so ungrateful to the Zelda's. >.<

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
... which is more than you can say about her offline.

(someone's got to take care of Zelda bashing and MrEh's become lazy lately)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
it just polarizes her further.

her air game gets even WORSE and her defense game gets even BETTER

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I place a lot more reliance on her aerials than the average Zelda. WiFi basically neuters that for me and I resort to (here it comes) Din's.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Din's is a decent online buff I suppose!

Though in all honesty I find super quick moves and decent projectiles get the biggest buffs on wifi... things she lacks. It's just trickier to react to them and attempt the powershield.

It's also trickier when can't use aerials with the same precision as you can offline :( I know ZSS has this problem as well. But yeah... Wifi Wolf, Samus, Tink or anyone with a forcing projectile all make me :mad:

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
It's not really that I love the move, it's just the fact that I can't. ****ing. move on WiFi. So I assume my opponent can't either!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't think I've ever lost (overall.... I'm sure I've lost a few matches) to a Yoshi on wifi..... x.o

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Same here, and it's not really that I haven't played good Yoshis. When it comes down to it, he still has problems keeping Zelda pressured outside of eggs, which is good pressure but not killing anything.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Jab that ****er, that or if you get lucky with a predict run away from it and kick!

Of course don't try the latter if he's close by because he moves faster in the air than Zelda runs.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
problem i'm having is forcing him to approach. he outcamps me with eggs. and when i try to approach, he jus dash attacks me. i have little to no experience with yoshi live...so wifi is gonna be a pain for me. ne more tips since i'm playing another yoshi?

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I say when he gets on the ledge to camp you, get higher ground or get away from him to force him back on the stage (unless you're losing, in which case just bank on prediction and run towards him and shield... you won't be getting grabbed anyway).

Keep him close to you, Zelda has the advantage there. Lots of Fsmash and dtilt. Everything else is pretty normal.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Well I mean when he's on the ledge you won't be getting grabbed.

Pivot grabbing is rather telegraphed... if you're confident with your spacing and your prediction you can punish it. Otherwise just stay out of its general range until the Yoshi gets bored with it or he doesn't have anywhere to run.

This matchup is not for the impatient though, I will say that.

D

Deleted member

Uhh yoshi vs zelda is like wayyy worse for yoshi online imo.

Altho, it might just be me being terrible online :(

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Zelda is so easy online..... x.x

You just have to throw away everything you know about playing her, which is why my Zelda kicks *** on wifi but sucks offline.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
AZN where you at? Come to that AZ tourny on Saturday!!! You live in Vegas right?

D

Deleted member

Zelda is much more about precision then Yoshi. I may be a little biased, but I'm pretty sure Zelda is harder online.
I wont argue, some bad playstyles of yoshi work online, true, but most good offline yoshis dont camp because it doesnt work very well offline, adn thats the only area that yoshi thrives online.

I use lots of DJCs with egg lay, and egg momentumy thingys, and other neat stuff which are very precise and are too hard to use well online.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
yea but i got school stuff, fraternity stuff, military stuff, dance stuff, and party stuff on Saturdays...
No johns :p. I'll give you yoshi exp if you come ;)

EDIT: or if you play air before then (and win), we can play our tourney matches offline instead of on wifi.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
No johns :p. I'll give you yoshi exp if you come ;)
I'm the infamous AzNfinesse a.k.a Dubz (because cali can't say my name right :p)

I'm allowed to john as much as i want....so NYAH!!!!!!!!

EDIT: or if you play air before then (and win), we can play our tourney matches offline instead of on wifi.
so i guess we'll be playing offline next week????

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

i went there.

WHAT!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

hadesblade

Smash Lord
hadesblade MM me on Saturday?
Maybe something small like 2-3 dollars... I'm going to be losing so much money there... ><

@AZN if you play air and win before saturday we can have our matches offline at the tuscon tourney.... not next week XD

-Mars-

Smash Hero
hahahah omg hadesblade and his partner beat me in doubles xD his Yoshi is too good.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea I did really bad in singles as well<_<. My first big tourny ever I SD'ed like 3 times against Arturito Burrito and couldn't keep my hands from shaking.......felt like such a noob lmao.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey its ok triple nipple. You did good for your first oos tourney. :D Plus you were fun to be around in the car for 20+ hours :D

-Mars-

Smash Hero
OMG SINZ!!!! you are sooooooo awesome I thought you were going to be the biggest douche ever but not even close you were way chill and you placing top 10 was too good<3<3<3.

Top Bottom