• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Falcons. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!

Acedude55

Smash Ace
<_<

sounds like a plan and whatnot.

something tells me a mario who'd bring 2 seconds of button lag into this will win.

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
Hmmm...

Low Tiers and WiFi at the same time. Sounds like a trap to destroy all low tiers forever. The High Tiers will mock and laugh as they savage our land.

Also, I'd enter for lulz if I had my Wii. :\

Mit

Smash Ace
I feel as though all the best Falcons from this board are overseas, and wouldn't that make their Wifi lag terrible? O_o

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
If you need someone to fill in, I don't mind repping Falcon. I actually prefer Falcon to Ike on wifi oddly enough, and I have used him in a tournament....once......in pools......when I was already out......ya......

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Knee are you going to try to represent or not? I'd vote for you to do it, since you seem to be... idk, just well-known for a good/great Falcon.

I ain't gonna vote for myself. I don't roll like that.

Thanks Koorikou for the vote, though.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
and a horse race without the horses is like taking a ****... without the toilet
My point exactly.
And no one wants to clean up **** from the floor.

Knee are you going to try to represent or not? I'd vote for you to do it, since you seem to be... idk, just well-known for a good/great Falcon.

I ain't gonna vote for myself. I don't roll like that.

Thanks Koorikou for the vote, though.
I can rep. if you guys want to.
But online tournies are worthless..

I could though, but why bother.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
We need to do some type of friendlies, so that we can determine which of us is better suited for this. If friendly a fellow Falcon, do a best of 3, with CP rules in place.

If anyone wants to fight me, meet me on the Falcon Chat.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
i dont think dittos are going to prove whos a better player, it just proves whos better at the match up, but oh well whatever goes

Mit

Smash Ace
Yeah, playing against other Falcons is easier than playing against almost every other character in the cast. It doesn't really say anything about how well you'd do in a tournament against other, higher tier characters (even if we're only talking lower tiers).

JUDGE

Smash Lord
i would nominate knee just because he has an awesome username lol^^

but guys......i bet...no...i KNOW mario will win this thing^^
just give up falcons *tries to demoralize the falcon boards*

muhahahahahaha lol

JUDGE

Smash Lord
ok guys so i think knee will join.....but who else?? remember you need five falcons...
what about you sacred seraphim??

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Woohoo I'm winning this election so far =D

Though I think wifi tournies have no meaning at all, the fact most here (so far) want me to rep falcon, makes me feel honored :):)

So if I win this election, I will rep. falcon in this tourny :)
I'll beat Sacredseraphim if I need to to get his vote, too =P =)

JUDGE

Smash Lord
you won't win against our marios^, knee lol^^
captain falcon GTFO (even though you are cooler than mario ^^)

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
ok guys so i think knee will join.....but who else?? remember you need five falcons...
what about you sacred seraphim??
I'll join and represent. I need make sure I have a clear day on the day of this event.

Woohoo I'm winning this election so far =D

Though I think wifi tournies have no meaning at all, the fact most here (so far) want me to rep falcon, makes me feel honored :):)

So if I win this election, I will rep. falcon in this tourny :)
I'll beat Sacredseraphim if I need to to get his vote, too =P =)
You have my vote. I just want to fight you. If you or anyone else ever gets on the Falcon chat, that would be nice, so that communication would be somewhat easier, but I won't be able to use it after today, until further notice.

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
=o go flame! i also vote noodlehead, he's really good when i ditto'd him, idc whether i play or not, but obviously more people here wanna play more than me

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
=o go flame! i also vote noodlehead, he's really good when i ditto'd him, idc whether i play or not, but obviously more people here wanna play more than me
I nearly forgot about you. I nominate you. Your Falcon is great, and I think you would be a great rep, along with Knee for this.

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
I nearly forgot about you. I nominate you. Your Falcon is great, and I think you would be a great rep, along with Knee for this.
if its needed then k, also y u never on xat D: we need to do more dubz and stuff but idk where to contact you

Koorikou

Smash Apprentice
Since there are five spots i think its looking like this
1.- TKONTK
2.-Sacr3d S3raph1m
3.-Chirp
4.-noodlehead
5.- ???

So we need ppl to confirm if they can or want =p also a fifth representative if i didnt miss anyone that is >_<

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
when is it? altho i can prob do it either way. ill stay out of the 5th slot vote tho cuz i haven't played much falcons here, altho PM me if any falcons want to play =]

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
if its needed then k, also y u never on xat D: we need to do more dubz and stuff but idk where to contact you
I do be online at AiB, but you're always AFK. Catch me there and we can start our dubz.

If the 5th slot isn't filled, I nominate Koori as the 5th Falcon, unless someone else wants to jump in.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I do be online at AiB, but you're always AFK. Catch me there and we can start our dubz.

If the 5th slot isn't filled, I nominate Koori as the 5th Falcon, unless someone else wants to jump in.
Sorry about not responding to you in the Ganon chat yesterday, I was afk
However I do know someone who is EXTREMELY capable of repping falcon, he is the best I've ever played. If you want I can contact him for you guys. He beat ally I think with him o.o

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'm pretty curious as well. Ally's Falcon is good and all, but in reality he mains Snake. If this Falcon beat Ally's Snake, that would be very noteworthy.

But aside from ranting, who is this guy.

@ Red8: It's cool man. I only wanted some friendlies. Falcon v Ganon style.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Hi guys I haven't been on SWF in awhile. I'm not quite sure how this works, but if there's some sort of small tournament to pick Falcons to play in the low tier tourney, I'd like in. Yeah I didn't read the whole three pages, but I'll check for a reply.

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
Well falcon dittos dont prove who is the better falcon, i think they are just nominating a few people

i think there should be

1.- TKONTK
2.-Sacr3d S3raph1m
3.-Chirp
4.-noodlehead
5.- acedude

thats pretty much what we have so far

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I agree with the dittos thing, but I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of competition. I remember the Jiggs board did a tournament where it would be first round player 1 was Jiggs and player 2 was someone else, second round player 2 was Jiggs and player 1 was someone else, then a ditto for the third round. I think that would be more indicative of skill than dittos or random nominations, but I don't know if anyone else likes the idea. Maybe limit the "someone else" to low tier characters too, just throwing it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom